Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarts rise
01 Mar 22 15:12
| Topic/replies: 26,256 | Blogger: stewarts rise's blog
In the event of a 5 minute warning that a nuclear bomb was heading your way, what would you do?
Pause Switch to Standard View Hypothetical question hopefully.
Show More
Report stattman March 1, 2022 3:16 PM GMT
Everyone would be in a mass "save myself" panic so the answers you were hoping to get would not happen .
Report GEORGE.B March 1, 2022 3:17 PM GMT
take the lift down my state of the art nuclear bunker 400 feet below ground
Report saddo March 1, 2022 3:19 PM GMT
There is a couple from Hull complaining that a theatre in Blackpool won't refund ticket money after they cancelled their booking. They don't want to travel because of the problems in Ukraine. Crazy
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 March 1, 2022 3:25 PM GMT
I'd give the bloke next door his lawnmower back.
Report stewarts rise March 1, 2022 3:27 PM GMT
Wasn't hoping for any particular answers stattman, just wondered. Seem to recall a film about it from 50/60s, think I'd just sit back and have a coffee and put some favourite music on presuming didn't have time to get to family or friends.
Report stattman March 1, 2022 3:32 PM GMT
Sorry Stew
I thought you were waiting for replies such as "I,d shag my neighbours wife "etc . It would never happen (she,s mingin Laugh)
Report Slicer March 1, 2022 3:38 PM GMT
I'd go outside & stand right under it. A quick merciful death as opposed to a drawn out death from radiation poisoning, starvation & dehydration. The surviving mutants wouldn't last long! Who'd want to face a future where the surviving women all wound up looking like Katie Price!
Report Life-Lucky March 1, 2022 3:42 PM GMT
Good point, Stew, its a reminder to always keep some alcohol in reserve
Report kincsem March 1, 2022 3:46 PM GMT
Go to the kitchen, get out the aluminum roll, and make a tinfoil hat.
Report DancingBraveTheBest March 1, 2022 3:50 PM GMT
Id withdraw my betfair fundsPlain
Report stewarts rise March 1, 2022 3:52 PM GMT
Film I was thinking of was " On the beach", with Gregory Peck and Ava Gardner, quite thought provoking.
Report GEORGE.B March 1, 2022 3:59 PM GMT
It's not necessarily nuclear bombs you have to worry about if the warmongers 'succeed' and this spreads beyond Ukraine.
Modern 'conventional' bombs will flatten major cities in no time.
Report FOYLESWAR March 1, 2022 4:02 PM GMT
think id lay back an knock one out and hopefully time it just right !
Report mitolo March 1, 2022 4:04 PM GMT
what an epic idiot. warmonger. no plutal needed. theres only one. so you think the west wants war and is pushing for it? you really are a conspiracy crackpot.
Report mitolo March 1, 2022 4:05 PM GMT
plural even
Report DancingBraveTheBest March 1, 2022 4:05 PM GMT
After withdrawing my bf funds id make love to the wife and say to her on completion " Did the earth move for you also darling"
Report DancingBraveTheBest March 1, 2022 4:07 PM GMT
Of course the west wants war imo....its big money and thats all its about at the end of the day imo...they dont give a fook for human lifeSad
Report GEORGE.B March 1, 2022 4:09 PM GMT
mitolo 01 Mar 22 16:04 
what an epic idiot. warmonger. no plutal needed. theres only one. so you think the west wants war and is pushing for it? you really are a conspiracy crackpot.

You mean you disagree with me and others, such as the ? 11 Labour MPs who were forced to withdraw their signatures from the 'NATO' letter yesterday or face having the whip withdrawn?

Good to see "freedom of speech" is flourishing in Starmer's party Laugh
Report Life-Lucky March 1, 2022 4:14 PM GMT
Follow the money. Over and out
Report stewarts rise March 1, 2022 4:17 PM GMT
Dancing brave, by the time you'd jumped through hoops to withdraw your bf funds  I doubt there'd be time to make love to your wife, unless you're really quick!Grin
Report DancingBraveTheBest March 1, 2022 4:22 PM GMT
Believe me Stewarts I am really quick. I blame the wife for that though due to rationingSad
Report mitolo March 1, 2022 4:26 PM GMT
another one. stupefying. this is a disaster. please explain how anyone benefits from war. its so the opposite its simply beyond belief anyone could come up with such infantile garbage, and that it has to be refuted. this forum is a shocking place.

rasputin is a deranged megalomaniac who kills evryone in his way, hes already smashed up tiny georgia stole crimea and actually invaded ukraine 8 years ago. hes on record as not recognising it as a country, saying its a 'russian' and blamed lenin(!) for giving it away. if the west 'wanted' war its gone a funny way about it, one after the other turning up in the kremlin and pleading with him not to start war, although its possible he couldnt hear what they were saying, given the distance from one end of the table to the other.

abbott and corbyn prefer him and always side with our enemies and hate the west. the problem is we appeased him when he started invading and killing. dont forget corbyn and co. wouldnt have it he poisons people on british soil. they have been wrong about everything all their lives. as lenin siad. western leftists are 'useful idiots'. he wasnt wrong
Report acey deucy March 1, 2022 4:27 PM GMT
Not had a drink for over a Year now and not smoked for over 30 Years so it would have to be a bottle of Jack Daniels and a packet of smokes from the shop next door....And i aint joking.Happy
Report sixtwosix March 1, 2022 4:34 PM GMT
I have a massive collection of malts , the Johnnie Walker Blue would be my companion ......
Report DancingBraveTheBest March 1, 2022 4:37 PM GMT
A large glass of Balvenie on the rocks for meHappy
Report penzance March 1, 2022 4:38 PM GMT
Fly to the place it was launched from.
Report GEORGE.B March 1, 2022 4:43 PM GMT
mitolo, suppose Russia or China were on the verge of signing a military pact with Mexico, which could involve missiles being placed close to the American / Mexico border, how do you think the Americans would react?

No waffle please.
Report mitolo March 1, 2022 4:55 PM GMT
aside from ukriane not being near signing and even if it did, it has a right to self determination, its an utterly childish non-question. and nato is a a defensive organisation and no nato member can attack another, thats why he hates and fears it. but its a smoekescreen. hes always said ukraine is russia and that is the root of it. amazing you can see the viewpoint of a psychopath and think democratiically elected states are a menace to him and his dictatorship.

he moved against uktaine in 2014 when it ousted his puppet yanukovich **** the election and a popular uprising sent him fleeing with all his millions to moscow. when it tried to join the E.U. he got nasty and invaded crimea. he is scared of a free pluralistic democracy on his border that serves to highlight what a grotesque murderous kleptocracy he presides over

you think the west wants war- for that you are a massive d1ckhead
Report mitolo March 1, 2022 4:56 PM GMT
you cant say r ig g e d
Report screaming from beneaththewaves March 1, 2022 4:56 PM GMT
There are no nuclear weapons in Ukraine. And NATO has refused to allow Ukraine to join it.

Try again.
Report GEORGE.B March 1, 2022 5:06 PM GMT
As expected, mitilo had no answer to the question, only foul mouthed abuse.

Who said there are nuclear weapons in Ukraine?

Hasn't the intention been since the 2008 Bucharest summit for Ukraine to join NATO?

Do you want to "try again"?
Report screaming from beneaththewaves March 1, 2022 5:11 PM GMT
2008 is fourteen years ago. In all that time NATO has done nothing to make Ukraine a member.

It was you who brought up the comparison with China installing nuclear weapons in Mexico, next to the USA. There are no nuclear weapons in Ukraine, next to Russia.

There WERE nuclear weapons in Ukraine, but Ukraine gave them all up in exchange for guarantees on its security and territorial integrity signed by the US, the UK, France and Putin.
Report moisok March 1, 2022 5:26 PM GMT
why do people bring all this wateraboutery into it  - putin is killing children and there are people on the forums who actually support it  as civilians are targeted  - putin is now saying 'stay and die' to kiev   - so if that is not targeting civilians I don't know what is

'leave or die'   can you imagine that?

they are going to take out anyone they fancy that is in their way
Report mitolo March 1, 2022 5:26 PM GMT
if ukraine wants to join who is ptuin to say no? sweden and finland said last year they was thinking about it and he didnt like that either. dangerous nasty sweden joining in to menace russia? or fed up with cyberwafare and incursions from russia into the baltic. it has even gone as far as re-introducing conscription. why are they doing this? to frighten russia?

the nonsense about mexico is the only way you can come up with any absurd way of justifying your position. and nato does not station missiles, unlike putin.

and just in the spectacularly unlikely  scenario you posit, if the mexicans invited a brutal murderous dictator who uses mini-nuclear weapons to kill even people weve never heard of to turn up with a load of rockets and plant them on their territory would you be cheering for a u.s. invasion? doubt it. but you are explaining away this one. and fwiw, any mexican president who even mentioned such an idea would be dead within 24 hours.

the reason the baltic states fell over themselves to join nato is because theyve been saying this would happen for the last 20 years, not that you will have noticed. he doesnt differentiate between the ussr and russia. putin subjects them to massive cyberattacks. why.?
Report mitolo March 1, 2022 5:29 PM GMT
small detail. ukraine was given 'assurances' not guarantees. unfortunately. putin also chucked in cheap gas and then cut it off when they didnt do what they were told.
Report Life-Lucky March 1, 2022 5:34 PM GMT
NATO bombed Belgrade ... remember??
Report mitolo March 1, 2022 5:44 PM GMT
yes. but it didnt invade. did you support the bombing? if you didnt you cant support this. and it was a unanimous decision to stop mass murder.

but thats irrelevant because you know its all a money-making exercise. explain how that works. moron
Report screaming from beneaththewaves March 1, 2022 5:47 PM GMT
In what way do bombing raids on Belgrade in Yugoslavia in 1999 excuse the use of cluster bombs and thermobaric explosives on cities across Ukraine 22 years later?
Report Life-Lucky March 1, 2022 5:54 PM GMT
you lot can carry on bleevin' NATO are in the right, ignorance is bliss. End of. Not interested
Report mitolo March 1, 2022 6:03 PM GMT
nato are not involved. putin has invaded a sovereign state and you blame nato.

please explain how we are going to make vast profits from this
Report gpz6316 March 1, 2022 9:30 PM GMT
I think we would get 20 mins or so
Report gpz6316 March 1, 2022 9:44 PM GMT
I think the question is how many could rasp get off in the opening salvo . given he has lots of targets its worth a run to the valleys , underground etc as his may be thinly spread
Report EastLower Gooner March 1, 2022 9:45 PM GMT
Whatever the time limit…be sure to withdraw your betfair balance first….I know I know…but still lol
Report EastLower Gooner March 1, 2022 9:48 PM GMT
Been meaning to ask…but let’s say London gets nuked….our trident sub on patrol will finish him off right?

Don’t want none of this Crimson Tide faffing about…ffs
Report barstool March 1, 2022 9:58 PM GMT
A last satisfying drag on a ciggarette.

I used to smoke over 50 years ago.

Might get a pack in just in case the siren does go off.

Having said that I don't think we have a siren around here. Not much worth bombing.
Report barstool March 1, 2022 9:59 PM GMT
Sorry, forgot about the Croston chippy.
Report gpz6316 March 1, 2022 10:18 PM GMT
rasp will only get a first salvo and then a partial reload depending upon folk whom are losing their bowels . not to mention saboteurs .
Report screaming from beneaththewaves March 1, 2022 10:30 PM GMT
It's all a bit unfair on those of us who are deaf and can't hear the siren.

My last act on Earth would be wondering why the start had been delayed at Wolverhampton.
Report second again March 2, 2022 9:19 AM GMT
I would think it is 100/1 they would tell us,why risk panic and trouble for themselves before they hit the bunkers.
Report Hayden March 2, 2022 1:01 PM GMT
I'd boil an egg for 4 minutes and scoff it with soldiers for the remaining minute.
Report donb March 2, 2022 4:30 PM GMT
there was a site called nukemap which let you see the effects of a bomb on your city.  in the uk over 40 cities would be hit, the overall radiation would blanket the country.  feeling good that we might have fired a few back is little comfort to the dead.  parts of Russia would be unaffected as the country is so big and spread out.  a nuclear exchange is the end of europe and if the Chinese decide to finish the us off possibly the world.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com