Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
shiner
20 Feb 22 11:30
| Topic/replies: 349 | Blogger: shiner's blog
after nigh on 20 years my time is up on here.I have paid 740 k in commision which includer 4k premium charge which at the timr i never knew i had paid it thats not enough fot betfair i am now right on top of paying 40 per cent on any winnings so now instead of 2 per cent of plenty they now have 40 per cent of nothing.Just such a shame as there are no winners here been forced on to matchbook paying 3 per cent which is ok but the liquidity is poor particularly on dogs where i do most of my gambling.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 26
By:
Slicer
When: 20 Feb 22 12:04
Well done on making it pay & even weller done on finding the sport where ITCANBEDONE. Good luck for the future.
By:
G Hall
When: 20 Feb 22 12:17
I concur shiner, I find against my wishes I am increasingly being forced to look elsewhere to place my bets. It is a pity because I like the format of the exchange site, however the non existence of customer service doesn't help either.

I have found I am becoming a fan of smarkets, and they have a customer service as well.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 20 Feb 22 12:22
thanks for the heads up on smarkets and mbook i mainly use accounts /shops or on here as do most i suspect but no harm opening accounts with these 2 for backup !
By:
G Hall
When: 20 Feb 22 12:29
Personally I prefer smarkets but I think that is because I can't download the matchbook app for some reason, but I find them very professional also.
By:
dustybin
When: 20 Feb 22 12:44
The lot that bought the exchange could be argued to have done affordability's job for them by disincentivising ambition via equiping anyone who won with a fat arsed BF monkey to carry around on your back.
What is it now...about 14 years and they still say they are looking at a fairer model?

They could start by having an annual allowance each year that you can win without paying the private tax.
By:
shiner
When: 20 Feb 22 12:48
foyels if u are interested in matchbook i think they are commission free to new customers to the end of may and tx slicer i think i got into bf at the right time
By:
Slicer
When: 20 Feb 22 12:51
You certainly did Mr Shiner. Like everything else, the good old days of BetFair are long gone!
By:
Boogie Cat
When: 20 Feb 22 13:52
thx for the heads up on matchbook. Betfair is dying and theyre doing it to theemselves. if i had shares i would sell asap
By:
Boogie Cat
When: 20 Feb 22 13:57
looking at matchbook, theyre markets have more or just as much as here. or am i missing something?
By:
Boogie Cat
When: 20 Feb 22 13:57
looking at matchbook, theyre markets have more or just as much as here. or am i missing something?
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 21 Feb 22 11:02
thanks slicer and others ,have  read some negative   comments on these other firms and tended to avoid them and t you can get too comfortable and lazy  on here thinking its the only exchange worth playing  but good to hear a few firms  are there as an option ,will have a look now, as regards lack of  liquidity on these sites if plenty of others join up then maybe this lot will get realise they are losing customers .
By:
penzance
When: 21 Feb 22 11:40
pretty sure they're one of those firms you
have to send passport and address documents
to withdraw your money.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 21 Feb 22 11:49
thats what i was hearing ,anyone holding an active account with them please  clarify !
By:
barstool
When: 21 Feb 22 11:53
I had to send in identity verification on here, has not every one?
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 21 Feb 22 12:03
yes but not every time you want to withdraw winnings
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 21 Feb 22 12:10
tbh i dont use the exchange that much except  to put in keep bets at low prices tho i have started taking advantage of bfsp  ,my bets are mainly accounts and shops .
By:
JJmbe
When: 23 Feb 22 14:25
Anyone use matchbook regularly have just opened an account as a fall back for the outages on here.
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 23 Feb 22 15:05
Anyone using matchB / Smar confirm its just this places liquid -1 tick?

Im not disputing thats the better deal to anyone on PC, just curious?
By:
swiftynifty
When: 23 Feb 22 15:34
Give us a tick.
By:
hulk23
When: 23 Feb 22 20:15
if matchB / Smar is anything like purple you'll get nowt matched until whoever is matching it knows they can get rid of it on here ...
By:
stewarty b
When: 23 Feb 22 20:23
Agree hulk. This is the only place to be imo.
By:
shiner
When: 23 Feb 22 21:30
agree hulk but its got to be better than givingthis mob 40 per cent
By:
hulk23
When: 23 Feb 22 21:43
true
By:
swiftynifty
When: 23 Feb 22 21:55
at what point does PC kick in at these other places, MB, SM etc?
By:
G Hall
When: 15 Mar 22 11:44
Anyone have problem staying logged in to smarkets this morning I keep getting logged out
By:
flatcap
When: 15 Mar 22 12:11
Well done Jack but as you know we had the best days 15-20 years ago on BAGS. Its just a ball ache these days getting on with no enjoyment.

Nice to read your post.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com