Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
09 Feb 22 19:53
| Topic/replies: 23,971 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
not racing i know but went to a local bootsale crack of dawn and cold ,bought some what i think are original beatles concert posters /flyers and advertising plus the who concert poster  nice .
Pause Switch to Standard View a nice result this morning !
Show More
Report Rico-Dangleflaps February 9, 2022 10:17 PM GMT
black beetles?
Report vantastic54 February 9, 2022 10:18 PM GMT
Were they expensive Foyleswar?
Report FOYLESWAR February 9, 2022 10:29 PM GMT
£15 each i bought 4 so £60 he was asking £25 each but we did the deal at £60 after a bit of haggling .
Report vantastic54 February 9, 2022 11:06 PM GMT
Id say you have done well my friend.
Report GLASGOWCALLING February 9, 2022 11:58 PM GMT
Condition is all important with posters, preferably rolled not creased. Beatles memorabilia is very collectable,google can help a lot in evaluating.
Report FOYLESWAR February 10, 2022 4:50 AM GMT
yes they are not in mint condition a small tare on one of them and a big crease on another which i think can be got out ,i have placed it on a clean flat surface with a sheet of paper on top  and stacked heavy books on top will leave them there for a few days at least and see if the crease comes out. the main problem is browning to the paper they are from  around the  1963 -66 era and have  not been stored correctly ,the guy i bought them from  said they came form a house clearance which i belive true as he had loads of other houshold stuff which looked like they all came form the same place . i have bought / handled plenty of old paper/ephemera  over the years and i know these can be fakedor reproduced  but they look right to me .
Report tantpis February 10, 2022 12:43 PM GMT
If they are Legit worth 3 figures
Report Slicer February 10, 2022 12:53 PM GMT
Condition is everything with posters of this type. Creases detract considerably from the value. Most people selling at antiques fairs & boot sales have watched tv progs like Dickinson's Real Deal  & this type of poster does feature occasionally so I'd expect the vendor to be aware of the true value unless you got lucky. I hope you've found a bargain. Best wishes for getting squillions.
Report FOYLESWAR February 10, 2022 1:36 PM GMT
have had some tremendous finds down the years at carboots and auctions ,regarding auctions before they had the internet it was a licence to print money especially the poorly attended midweek ones .
Report Slicer February 10, 2022 1:49 PM GMT
The antiques market is finished unless you've got something very special. By the time you pay the commission & vat you lose about 20%. I used to deal on a small scale with Indian & Chinese antiquities (never ivory) & made some good profits, but done bother anymore. Had several friends who were big dealers- all retired & glad to have got out. Even difficult to make good profits on gold & jewellery nowdays & you can forget any type of furniture. Even the Rolex market has steadied. If you've got grand kids & a decent amount of disposable, top end watches might be worth a look otherwise buy under priced property in nowhere land in Italy or France , renovate. You'd be amazed what you can get in Brittany for 250k euros.
Report raspberrybottom February 10, 2022 1:58 PM GMT
Even selling on Ebay seems to have downhill.

By the time you pay their fees and post the stuff you need to have bought really well and sold very big!

Hope Foyles does well with the Beatles stuff though.Crazy
Report Rico-Dangleflaps February 10, 2022 2:12 PM GMT
iron the back side on a hard flat surface with steam iron.
Report swiftynifty February 10, 2022 2:19 PM GMT
^ the forum's housewife arrives just in time so save the day!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com