Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
in hell
22 Jan 22 15:41
| Topic/replies: 18,336 | Blogger: in hell's blog
Brilliant
Pause Switch to Standard View What a cracking race
Show More
Report Whippin Piccadilly January 22, 2022 3:43 PM GMT
Knew he'd hit bigger IR Cool What a star!
Report Poppydog. January 22, 2022 3:43 PM GMT
The rarest of occasions, when an overhyped race, turns out to be even better.
Report geoff m January 22, 2022 3:43 PM GMT
Loved that.
Report Knight Commander January 22, 2022 3:45 PM GMT
Wow just WOW!!
Report sageform January 22, 2022 3:45 PM GMT
i was concentrating on the race but just ckecked and Shishkin hit 9 in running with plenty at 6. He seems to be the sort of horse that waits until he can see the winning post before putting in his full effort.
Report sixtwosix January 22, 2022 3:45 PM GMT
It gets no better than that.

They will wonder how on earth they have lost.

Shiskin is similar to Altior ,probably with even more finish , not at all similar to the Rolls Royce that was Sprinter Sacre.

If you cant beat him at Ascot , I think they have no chance up the hill in March.
Report Whippin Piccadilly January 22, 2022 3:46 PM GMT
Posted it before, he likes to have some fun with Nico. Was always going to hit bigger IR today. Cool
Report Knight Commander January 22, 2022 3:48 PM GMT
Had him in a double with Jonbon and napped him in the Comp. Happy daze Grin
Report driver2 January 22, 2022 4:07 PM GMT
I must admit to thinking that Energumane was going by far the best coming into the straight, I was amazed that Shishkin got to him. I'm particularly pleased for Nico de Boinville, who gave him a terrific ride and served it up to the idiots on here that think they know better than Hendo. Great race.
Report Whippin Piccadilly January 22, 2022 4:13 PM GMT
A race to re-watch a number of times. It doesn't get any better IMO.
Report FOYLESWAR January 22, 2022 4:42 PM GMT
that was a tough race both could pay a price for it.
Report sageform January 22, 2022 5:23 PM GMT
That might be the case Fyles but Shishkin less so in that he looked happy passing the post while Energumene emptied after the last. Not sure what else can realistically take them on apart from Allaho and Greanateen.
Report DonegalPrince January 22, 2022 6:20 PM GMT
sixtwosix, you are probably right about Cheltenham and the hill, but......the 2nd may have the chance, if ridden appropriately, to use the downhill bit to gain easy lengths and be a bit further ahead? I wouldn't know tbh as I always think finishers have a better chance at the Festival but may be worth thinking about. May be a decent BtL though that's not easy on course with the wifi!
Report logikal January 22, 2022 6:21 PM GMT
Brilliant race and looked to me like Nico knew he had it a little bit before he drew level.

Thank goodness it won if our best horse got turned over before Cheltenham it would have looked like another Irish whitewash in March.
Report FOYLESWAR January 22, 2022 6:29 PM GMT
hoping nicholls will run  hitman in champion chase sageform.
Report sageform January 23, 2022 8:25 AM GMT
Could be but Greanateen is still progressing while Hitman seems to be just below top class. I must admit though that the distance that First Flow was beaten yesterday makes any other danger to the big two look unlikely. I would not rule out Eldorado Allen in a market without the top two as he probably didn't quite stay 2.5 against Mister Fisher and a fast run 2 miles is his optimum.
Report HallGreenSpy January 23, 2022 10:51 AM GMT
Just a brilliant race. A joy to watch.
Report sageform January 23, 2022 2:44 PM GMT
Great to have 2 closely matched horses. Altior and Sprinter were very good but it was not the same spectacle.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com