Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
KeMoH
18 Jan 22 00:24
| Topic/replies: 2,774 | Blogger: KeMoH's blog
Pop up message appeared (not seen before) upon logging in saying they are sharing/gathering personal data about myself with the Credit Referencing Agency TransUnion and to see their Privacy Policy for more info???

After following the link to the relevant Privacy Policy on Billy's website, some of the info they are accessing and collecting is highly personal, sensitive and, dare I say it, very intrusive.

But they say not to worry, as it will not impact negatively on my credit score Laugh

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 20
By:
pulio
When: 18 Jan 22 08:06
A friend of mine requested all data from them and they had the TransUnion thing there. Not sure why they are doing that? Are they getting making money from it or is it something in the regulations?
By:
dave1357
When: 18 Jan 22 08:37
I'd guess it will be a soft credit check for gambling affordability purposes.
By:
Ramruma
When: 18 Jan 22 09:48
William Hill help page on sharing personal data. Too long to post here. Still, if you've got nothing to hide, eh.
https://williamhill-lang.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6721
By:
sparrow
When: 18 Jan 22 10:05
Absolute bloody madness is what it amounts to.
By:
Joe Lampton
When: 18 Jan 22 10:49
Seen that yesterday when I logged in.....thanfully accounts not in my name!
By:
luckyme
When: 18 Jan 22 12:17
at least you can log in, all I am getting is

Something went wrong...
We are terribly sorry. Please try again.

Ffs hills get it sorted please.
By:
Mick Sturbs
When: 18 Jan 22 12:21
Got a similar one when i did itv seven on Saturday  LaughDon't worry it will not affect your credit score
By:
luckyme
When: 18 Jan 22 12:30
Mick
How are ya keeping, hope your well.
By:
sixtwosix
When: 18 Jan 22 12:43
I too got this message this morning.

I was fortunate enough to win some money with them and credit to them, they still allow me to bet(a lot less hassle than this shower) including similar kerching accumulators.

I left a 'war chest' in my account and have lots of accumulators finishing at the festival.

At that point I will be reviewing If I want to bet with any bookie doing similar .......
By:
sparrow
When: 18 Jan 22 12:45
sixtwosix 18 Jan 22 12:43 
I too got this message this morning.

I was fortunate enough to win some money with them and credit to them, they still allow me to bet(a lot less hassle than this shower

Less hassle than whom?
By:
themightymac
When: 18 Jan 22 12:59
Archaeologist doing an excavation in Middle East uncovered a skeleton.

"This man was a gambler and obviously committed suicide", he said.

"How can you conclude that so quickly", asked his students.

"Quite easily", he replied, "I found this piece of papyrus in his clenched right hand".

"Wow!,what does it say?", asked an amazed understudy.

"500 Sheckels to win on Goliath!!".
By:
themightymac
When: 18 Jan 22 13:11
I'm afraid one has to accept all these personal intrusions if one wants to bet online or even go online shopping. Only way to resolve the problem is don't buy a computer or mobile phone and never use the internet.
By:
sparrow
When: 18 Jan 22 13:32
Yes mac, but are you saying betting shops are exempt from all these problems?
By:
themightymac
When: 18 Jan 22 14:09
No sparrow but internet is thousand times worse. One can still bet anonymously in a betting shop in another town, for a little time.
By:
sixtwosix
When: 18 Jan 22 14:14
One can still bet anonymously in a betting shop in another town, for a little time.

I haven't been a betting shop in at least a decade.......are you saying you have to show ID to bet nowadays or do you mean before you become a familiar face to staff ?
By:
themightymac
When: 18 Jan 22 22:34
No, you don't have to show I D .... yet ... But most thick betting shop customers do it voluntary. They sign up to these Grid card or whatever they are called. Customers get small rewards and think the bookies are rewarding them for their loyalty. No, they are bluffing. Real motive is to keep track of and build dosiers on all customers in shops or online.

Don't sign up will help to remain anonymous for a little while, but win a few Bob and your photo taken from their security cameras, lol, will soon be circulated along with your description.

If betting in reasonable sums, you will soon be requested to complete affordability checks, giving them even more personal information on your solvency.

And if you comply with all this and remain shrewd and win consistently, you will soon be limited to a fiver maximum bet, in any of their shops throughout the country and internet accounts restricted.
By:
Fashion Fever
When: 19 Jan 22 00:05
what about GDPR ?
By:
tanglefoot
When: 19 Jan 22 12:31
888 sport have bought William Hill( Europe),
Expect a downhill trend as 888 are one of the worst online books
By:
Ramruma
When: 19 Jan 22 12:40
The 888-ification of Hills is to be feared. Many will have watched this comparison of online books between races on Boxing Day:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKiDoWi2IMU
By:
screaming from beneaththewaves
When: 19 Jan 22 14:03
Joe Lampton18 Jan 22 10:49Joined: 23 Mar 05 | Topic/replies: 326 | Blogger: Joe Lampton's blog
Seen that yesterday when I logged in.....thanfully accounts not in my name!

Oh, I love that! Excellent.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com