Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ronnie rails
10 Jan 22 23:05
| Topic/replies: 2,848 | Blogger: ronnie rails's blog
What on earth is going on in dark and depressed Darlo a new restaurant has opened, just had a look at the menu, the wife has picked me off the floor here we go guys and gals as Bayden Powell used to say be prepared here goes  the surf and turf are you ready dont forget we are in Darlo not Mayfair.300QUID YES 300 QUID.EACH .

What a strange world we are living in.
not been in good health so not been on here for a good few weeks.
hope you are all well
regards
Ronnie.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 22
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 10 Jan 22 23:23
A wagyu burger complete with a 24k gold leaf on top is priced at £150, while a surf and turf with lobster tail, wagyu beef and caviar costs £300. !
By:
Manoleeds
When: 11 Jan 22 08:13
Pubs are so yesterday https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/darlington-pub-launches-closing-down-22674975
By:
Gordon63
When: 11 Jan 22 10:16
if the infamous Hogans can close then nowhere is safe!! Is the Greyhound still open? Guess the Darlo-ites are getting lagered up at home whilst dining in on hot shots?
By:
happysandwich
When: 11 Jan 22 10:19
http://larkshallpub.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-_m_wbip9QIVBLTtCh3YjQTuEAAYASAAEgKZW_D_BwE

They've just re-opened.

It's local, my next door neighbor went in there last week.
Pint and a Gin & Tonic = £17.50

Be closing again soon.Laugh
By:
ronnie rails
When: 11 Jan 22 10:40
Gordon

Yes the greyhound is still open dont know if it will be for much longer as they have applied for permission to turn the upstairs floors into flats no doubt for our overseas holiday makers who dont go back.

hope you are well
regards

Ronnie.
By:
1st time poster
When: 11 Jan 22 11:10
hoping to attract civil servants been sent to new treasury been set up in darlington,not sure what they,ll be doing for customers in the years before the move takes place
By:
1st time poster
When: 11 Jan 22 11:12
my mates dad used to run the greyhound moved there after running the speedway pub near ronnies cleveland park
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 11 Jan 22 12:02
Maonleeds - The Hole in The Wall is owned by Stonegate (Enterprise Inns) and is only closing as the existing tenants are coming out, its not closing permanently.

Fancy running it?

https://www.stonegatepubpartners.co.uk/run-a-pub/pubs/pages/hole-in-the-wall-darlington.aspx
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 11 Jan 22 12:21
ronnie i put a fred up " knocking out coffees at salt beas " at a very competetive £50 a cup " Cry
By:
FOYLESWAR
ronnie i put a fred up " knocking out coffees at salt beas " at a very competetive £50 a cup " Cry
By:
FOYLESWAR
granted its inknightsbridge not darlo!^^^^
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 11 Jan 22 12:22
give it 6 months max in darlo!
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 11 Jan 22 12:24
these clowns  seem to think the more you charge the more customers you will attract !
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 11 Jan 22 12:27
thought my son was off his head paying around £4 for a cup of starbucks coffee ,
By:
ronnie rails
When: 11 Jan 22 12:32
Tiger Tiger
the tenants are coming out as they are opening a trendy wine bar /cocktail bar in grange road just around the corner. foyleswar  saw your thread what a strange world we are living in. hope you are well cant stop of to it till 10 never saw a soul after 7 last night might be able to close the shop without anybody knowing a pop down  and get a few hours in doing my Tom Cruise act in in one of Darlos trendy cocktail bars.

have a good day
regards

Ronnie.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 11 Jan 22 12:44
yeah ron my son says the same like a morgue after 7 pm.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 11 Jan 22 12:46
hope you are feeling better ron good health and luck.
By:
paul1965
When: 11 Jan 22 12:46
I did a few real ale pubs in Darlo and was not that impressed with the Quaker house.I used to go to the speedway at Cleveland Park and now at media prima arena near south bank had a name change since and a nice little set up.
By:
Life-Lucky
When: 11 Jan 22 12:58
Maybe banking on a big boost in 2025 the 200th anniversary of Stevenson's Stockton and Darlington Railway?
By:
Gordon63
When: 11 Jan 22 13:19
don't mention stockton!! along with the closure of Lanark, those 2 courses rankle as I was just a tad young to have visited..mind I did manage folkestone (a few times - including second last meeting I think where More of That won fto at 20s before progressing to win a Stayers Hurdle) before it closed and also did hereford the same early December trip as there were doubts whether it would re-open which of course it has thankfully
By:
Gordon63
When: 11 Jan 22 13:24
and managed towcester three times, still a small chance it might re-open, free admission must have paid a part in it's downfall along with the Hesketh motorbike!!
By:
Life-Lucky
When: 11 Jan 22 13:48
Towcester looked to me to have been created by the illusionist master, 'Esher', its uphill all the way round!
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com