Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Meat Loaf
03 Jan 22 09:44
| Topic/replies: 3,369 | Blogger: Meat Loaf's blog
It's looking like another disasterous season (currently 24th in trainers championship).

Running all those French no hopers in the Sussex National was verging on embarrasing. Most of them looked like blatant non stayers on paper, 2 of them had bad falls, 2 pulled up and only one finished?

Pipe still has some rich owners and has got some decent horses....Adagio, Remastered....but what is going on?!
Pause Switch to Standard View David Pipe....this is getting...
Show More
Report differentdrum January 3, 2022 10:45 AM GMT
Is he that much worse than Hobbs? Both look like yesterday's men. Pipe doesn't seem to have recovered from the loss of David Johnson.
Report stewarty b January 3, 2022 10:57 AM GMT
Any trainer would find it hard to recover from the loss of David Johnson imo.
Report koikeeper January 3, 2022 11:33 AM GMT
If the owners want to run them...
Report CROPSICK January 3, 2022 11:54 AM GMT
Thats right stewarty him and Pipe really got on the bus early when it came to buying From France this along with improved training techniques really smashed it.
Report equine flew January 4, 2022 12:11 PM GMT
They did a series of youtube videos at the start of the season featuring key stable staff with their "horses to follow"

Details below, with how they have faired this year.

Tom Scudamore - Gericault Roque - 322
David Noonam - Umbrigado - 03P
Tom Malone - Maggies Mogul - 86
Julie Bellamy - Vieux Lion Rouge - UP (Retired)
Philip Armson - Ocean Heights - 5206
David Pipe - Anglers Crag - Not yet run
Ashley Farant - Remastered - 3F2
Gerry Supple - Red Lion Lad - 6
Oliver Defew - Brinkley - 1P
Martin McIntyre - Last Quarter - 724
Fergus Gillard - Heure De Gloire - 95

25 Runs, 1 winners from their (best) horses.
Report Meat Loaf January 4, 2022 7:37 PM GMT
I'm sure if that professor woman sent her horses to Nicholls she would have a lot more success...she regulary pays £100k+ (sometimes a lot more) and is often lucky to win a low grade handicap.
Report inrunninggg January 4, 2022 7:57 PM GMT
Ollie Murphy is as bad!!!!!
Report FatPunt January 4, 2022 8:08 PM GMT
I can remember when Olly Murphy was going to be the next big thing. I'm still waiting. Confused
Report cool_hand_luke January 4, 2022 11:31 PM GMT
you just know whats about to happen now with the Pipe stable :-)
Report breadnbutter January 5, 2022 12:54 AM GMT
Cannabis farm?
Chicken  farm?
Paint ball venture?
Donkey sanctuary?
Report xmoneyx January 5, 2022 4:17 AM GMT
equestrian center
Report inrunninggg January 5, 2022 10:41 AM GMT
Look at Olly Murphys stats  over the festive period...  just shocking!!!!!! So many runners  beat and no winners
Report differentdrum January 5, 2022 10:52 AM GMT
(Murphy) Won with a lot of novices at the start of the season that had 10-14lbs in hand, hence the large number of winners for both himself and Coleman. It has been a completely different story upped in a class. Relatively short career, but has followed a similar pattern. His conversion rate from promising to good, or even very good, is poor.
Report Trusty January 5, 2022 11:54 AM GMT
Henderson also seemingly in a slump, having had a poor start to the season before Cheltenham meeting his S/R was back up to >30%. 15 odd runners this year and not one winner, no winner at the Cheltenham meeting which he normally has a couple at least and a lot of the runners not even performing remotely to anything near their possibilities.
Report CROPSICK January 5, 2022 11:56 AM GMT
Equine flu vaccine?
Report breadnbutter January 5, 2022 1:44 PM GMT
Macrofridges?
Report Dr Crippen January 5, 2022 2:14 PM GMT
It looks like Pipe's having a go with one in the 2:20 Ffos today.
Getting nearly a stone off the odds on favourite too.
Let's see how that runs.

The betting seems to think it's got no chance.
Report breadnbutter January 5, 2022 2:20 PM GMT
Betting knows nothing.
Report breadnbutter January 5, 2022 2:26 PM GMT
Gtfi
Report sparrow January 5, 2022 2:27 PM GMT
Shocked
Report chavman January 5, 2022 2:28 PM GMT
Nice thread….what’s your next one loafy
Report Dr Crippen January 5, 2022 2:28 PM GMT
There you go 11.4 on here.
You've got to know what you're looking at.
Report differentdrum January 5, 2022 2:30 PM GMT
Pretty obvious he was a very fortunate winner, courtesy of another duff Coleman ride.

The way Fitzy was bigging-up Pipe you would almost think he had read the thread.
Report equine flew January 5, 2022 2:31 PM GMT
Also has Red Lion Lad from their "ones to follow" later on the card
Report cloone river January 5, 2022 2:34 PM GMT
How does Coleman get away with a ride like that?
Report paul1965 January 5, 2022 2:34 PM GMT
Yes Coleman did well to sit but still should of rode it a lot earlier than he did and it is if he knew where the post was and knew he would not get there.Poor ride.Where are the stewards.
Report paul1965 January 5, 2022 2:34 PM GMT
Yes Coleman did well to sit but still should of rode it a lot earlier than he did and it is if he knew where the post was and knew he would not get there.Poor ride.Where are the stewards.
Report Dr Crippen January 5, 2022 2:35 PM GMT
Lucky winner?

I thought he peed it.
Report cloone river January 5, 2022 2:37 PM GMT
He knew what he was doing.
Report paul1965 January 5, 2022 2:40 PM GMT
Lucky winner yes Dr crippen think it is you that has peed it extracting the urine lol
Report breadnbutter January 5, 2022 2:55 PM GMT
Great tipping Dr C.
Report Dr Crippen January 5, 2022 3:06 PM GMT
Thank you bb.
Report screaming from beneaththewaves January 5, 2022 3:53 PM GMT
I agree. A brave tip and a winning one.
Report The Management January 5, 2022 4:04 PM GMT
I have read the thread twice - and I can't find the tip for it? Sad
Report Deptford January 5, 2022 4:38 PM GMT
214 pm mate was posted
Report The Management January 5, 2022 4:47 PM GMT
Is that what constitutes a tip on here these days?

Think he was just pointing out they have a runner - and then covering all the bases.

Dr Crippen05 Jan 22 14:14Joined: 16 Apr 02 | Topic/replies: 47,928 | Blogger: Dr Crippen's blog
Let's see how that runs.

Even Thommo would have thought twice about claiming that as a winning tip imo Laugh
Report breadnbutter January 5, 2022 4:48 PM GMT
Harsh
Report The Management January 5, 2022 4:54 PM GMT
Like the fella that is trying to play a cross into the box but puts it straight in the top right corner imo

Has a sheepish look around and then rips off his shirt and does a triple back flip (imo). Laugh
Report lead on January 5, 2022 4:56 PM GMT
Maybe doc crippen is Marten Julian
Report screaming from beneaththewaves January 5, 2022 4:59 PM GMT
He's pointed out the chances of a 10/1-plus shot with one run (P/U) in the last three years. Says it looks like it's having a go in this race. On a thread claiming the horse's trainer can't train a winner.

What do you want him to do? Tell you it's a certainty? Put your money on for you?
Report The Management January 5, 2022 5:05 PM GMT
Anything along the lines of "I like this one", "I like this one at the price", "I'll be having a bet on this one" or even just "I like this one" or "I think this one could turn the tide".

There are almost limitless ways to confirm you are definitively having a bet on one. He has literally (on a thread that is about Pipe), pointed out that pipe has a runner imo and "Let's see how it runs" pretty much confirms that. 

Dr Crippen05 Jan 22 14:14Joined: 16 Apr 02 | Topic/replies: 47,928 | Blogger: Dr Crippen's blog
Let's see how that runs.
Report lead on January 5, 2022 5:31 PM GMT
I took that as a hint the the good doc thought the horse had some sort of chance...incidentally Marten Julian has made a career out of the nudge-nudge style of tipping...think Pipe could have a decent spring with the likes of Brinkley,Adagio and Remastered
Report screaming from beneaththewaves January 5, 2022 5:45 PM GMT
Sisi Ismael too. It's won three out of three on soft for Pipe, but it ran its best races on good ground for Keith Dalgleish when he had it.
Report screaming from beneaththewaves January 5, 2022 5:46 PM GMT
*Sidi Ismael
Report The Management January 5, 2022 5:56 PM GMT
Led on - I know Marten Julien was a bit of a dark horse! - but we'll just have to agree to differ on the good doctor.

Equine flew (who seems a decent enough chap imo) posted this (below) on the thread not long after - I didn't take that as a "tip" either - but it's about as strong as Dr Crippens advice. i.e. The yard that is in poor form and that this thread is all about, has a runner coming up. I didn't interpret either post as a tip.   

equine flew05 Jan 22 14:31Joined: 28 Aug 02 | Topic/replies: 4,541 | Blogger: equine flew's blog
Also has Red Lion Lad from their "ones to follow" later on the card

I think both were actually indirectly saying - lets see how this one runs - except that Dr Crippen literally said "Let's see how this runs"
Report The Management January 6, 2022 9:59 AM GMT
It looks like Pipe is having a go, with five runners at Chepstow today.
A couple of them are getting weight from the favourites too.
Let's see how they run.
The betting seems to think a couple of them have got no chance.

WinkLaugh
Report unitedbiscuits January 6, 2022 10:12 AM GMT
Win or lose, David Pipe never looks too bothered. I attribute that to the fortune inherited from his grandfather. He owns quite a lot of the centre of Taunton.
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 January 6, 2022 10:27 AM GMT
Was always on a hiding to nothing given what his father acomplished. Imagine how Jack Berry feels about his sons efforts!
Report The Management January 6, 2022 10:34 AM GMT
He must be very proud of Alans involvement with Hillside Girl Blush
Report Dr Crippen January 6, 2022 10:58 AM GMT
Has anyone read Martin Pipe's book '' Martin Pipe with Richard Pitman?'' it was published in 1992.
It's been many years since I read it.

I took it because I pay a lot of attention to how trainers operate with particular horses. And anything a top man like Martin Pipe has got to say about horses, in my view should be listened to.

Him and Chester Barnes sounded a right pair in their early days fleecing the bookies.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com