Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hibore
26 Dec 21 22:26
| Topic/replies: 3,055 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
Went off far too fast. Fact. Well done Cry

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 87
By:
acey deucy
When: 26 Dec 21 22:41
Honestly i do despair sometimes.Sad
By:
Hibore
When: 26 Dec 21 23:00
Consensus of trainers. Could have been a great race until run at Champion Chase pace on testing ground. Always going to throw up a strange result.

Doubt Ruby or AP would have praised her after watching previous races earlier that day. Nuts.

Maybe I’m wrong. Just vibe from Kempton.
By:
Racingqueen
When: 26 Dec 21 23:15
one of the least to blame. went off too fast but taken on by Indo.

Cobden was clueless and Sheehan would never ride for Nicholls again if he had the choice imho
By:
Racingqueen
When: 26 Dec 21 23:21
vibe from Kempton

Laugh

Tell the mugs to read a form book. Front runner taken on at the front doesn't mean the other mug jocks need to follow suit.

Frodons run was understandable once Minella Indo took her on.

What excuse does Cobden have for laying up with front runners?
What is Gavin Sheehans explanation for asking his mount for an effort 4 furlongs out?

Sheehans was by 4 furlongs the worst ride in the race

https://twitter.com/rob_hayward/status/1475218423932145664/photo/1
By:
Hibore
When: 26 Dec 21 23:27
Trainers might be mugs but probably know more than muppets on here.

Unless you want to list your CV ?
By:
smirnoff2therescue
When: 26 Dec 21 23:33
everyones an expert on ere hibore - you know that LaughLaughLaugh
By:
Hibore
When: 26 Dec 21 23:42
Laugh

I’m sure a few on here could train a Gold Cup winner from their back yard.
By:
GLASGOWCALLING
When: 26 Dec 21 23:45
Sounds like sour grapes to me, looking for excuses, try telling the

Winning connections she went off too fast.
By:
the dealer
When: 27 Dec 21 00:01
"IF" she went off too fast, then surely the jocks who followed her should shoulder equal blame. Why would they follow a pace that was too fast, if it was that.
How did the in running times look ?
By:
irishone
When: 27 Dec 21 07:58
She gave herself away in the interview at Down Royal after Frodon won there.
She was scared something would come up the inside.
Rachel got cut off at the bottom ofthe back straight but went up her inside at the bend at the end ofthe home straight, forcing frodon to go wide.
They went off fast because rachel was determined frodon would not dictate the pace.
Indo was all over the place on the all weather crossing
By:
Manoleeds
When: 27 Dec 21 08:54

Dec 26, 2021 -- 11:21PM, Racingqueen wrote:

vibe from KemptonTell the mugs to read a form book. Front runner taken on at the front doesn't mean the other mug jocks need to follow suit.Frodons run was understandable once Minella Indo took her on.What excuse does Cobden have for laying up with front runners?What is Gavin Sheehans explanation for asking his mount for an effort 4 furlongs out?Sheehans was by 4 furlongs the worst ride in the racehttps://twitter.com/rob_hayward/status/1475218423932145664/photo/1

I'm still smarting from Sheehan's ride on Nina the Terrier.

By:
jimmythewon
When: 27 Dec 21 09:28
This thread now holds the record for the highest percentage of utter p*** In a the thread. Frodon did not run his usual race??? Minella indo needed to be held up so that the speedier horses coul walk past him in the closing stages??? Utter drivel. A lot of talking through pockets apparent here. Ruining a race?? FFS, get a grip. Me. LAYED MI for a place. Cheltenham 26f form at Kempton?t
By:
sparrow
When: 27 Dec 21 09:30
Grin
By:
Hibore
When: 27 Dec 21 09:48
From the Racing Post review of the race. Great ride by Mullins when he saw what was unfolding up front btw.

This was a horse whose sole Grade 1 win came in a bumper more than three years ago and had not won in any capacity since December 2019. Before the race he said of Tornado Flyer’s chances: “On paper he has very little chance, with a bit of luck he might get into some of the small prize-money.”

£142,375 is a lot of prize-money by anyone’s standards, but if Tornado Flyer got lucky in any way it was in Frodon and Minella Indo taking each other on early. The first half mile of the race was run in consecutive sub-15 second furlongs. Tornado Flyer was second-last through the early stages, a good ten lengths off the leaders. While Rachael Blackmore and Bryony Frost cut each other’s throats, Mullins played the waiting game.
By:
Storm Alert
When: 27 Dec 21 10:15
Early sub 15secs furlongs sealed Frost and Blackmore mounts fate. Taking each other on like that in the early part of the race reminded me of Scudamore and Brown on Beau Ranger and Desert Orchid in 87' and even the great Desert Orchid couldn't cope with crazy early fractions.

With those two setting crazy early fractions what was Cobden and Sheehan's excuses for committing four fences out? Similar question for Cooper I suppose. None of them covered themselves in glory. Mullins got lucky with the bad mistake at the first which effectively gave him no choice but to sit at the back, whether it was fate or he showed restraint, making his challenge after the 2nd last was the reason he won. I doubt Tornado Flyer will ever win a G1 chase again.
By:
duncan idaho
When: 27 Dec 21 10:22
they went too fast but that hardly makes it a great ride from DM...he was on an habitual hold-up horse that was unproven at the trip, what else is he going to do...there's not a jock in the land who wouldnt have sat out the back and hoped it fell into his lap
By:
differentdrum
When: 27 Dec 21 10:34
The only thing I couldn't understand was why she didn't cross to the rail when she was clear. She lined up wide to start with, but riding a front runner she was effectively pushed into going faster than she wanted to go by Minella Indo.
By:
Ramruma
When: 27 Dec 21 10:50
Rachael must have questions to answer too. Since when has Minella Indo been a front-runner? It looks like she was obsessed with getting revenge on Frodon after Down Royal rather than winning the King George. At one point she even rushed Minella Indo up on the bend solely to push Frodon out wide before dropping back again.
By:
Ramruma
When: 27 Dec 21 10:52
And btw, I think Rachael is the best jumps jockey currently riding, just not yesterday.
By:
spyker
When: 27 Dec 21 10:57
At least frodon backers knew their fate early, whatever the other jocks did, that pace was silly
By:
cardifffc
When: 27 Dec 21 11:15
i backed the winner so i thought briony did great...was also happy to see brian cooper depart at the last but i think TF would still have won
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 27 Dec 21 11:19
Brian Frost and Becky horror show.
Composure out the window.
Few more rides like that BF and Wadham will be your main work master Wink
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 27 Dec 21 11:20
Rachael not Becky. Who is Becky Confused
By:
Brian
When: 27 Dec 21 11:26
How any one can blame a single jockey when the pace is too fast is beyond my simple mind. It implies all those senior jockeys are totally brainless
By:
1st time poster
When: 27 Dec 21 11:28
i backed the winner ew 1st 4 but batterig 4 of the 1st 7 fences doesnt arve help make your mind up where to be positioned in a race Laugh
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 27 Dec 21 11:31
guys it dont matter ,cant change the way the race was run or result yesterdays news ,look ahead not back .
By:
happysandwich
When: 27 Dec 21 11:41
Brian,

“Brian Frost and Becky horror show”

I think the Jumping cuckoo’s taken a shine to you - he can’t get you off his mindLaugh
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 27 Dec 21 11:43
She's Brian...............................to her mates Wink
By:
racing6699
When: 27 Dec 21 12:11
It just proves yet again how one dimensional most jockeys are. they literally dont have a plan b. I agree - i think Mullins didnt have some great tactical plan he just got lucky in the circumstances.
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 27 Dec 21 12:21
Stinking ride, but she is untouchable.
By:
Big muff
When: 27 Dec 21 13:14
Absolutely braindead ride imo. I think the clock in her head got well and truly stuck
By:
duncan idaho
When: 27 Dec 21 13:17
it's the horse that's one-dimensional...if it needs to lead, your hand is forced
By:
duncan idaho
When: 27 Dec 21 13:18
last year nothing took her on...this year something did
By:
geoff m
When: 27 Dec 21 13:19
Bryony ruined the King George.
Hibore
Hibore26 Dec 21 22:26Joined: 23 Jun 07 | Topic/replies: 25,414 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
Went off far too fast. Fact. Well done

Made it a better race than if they had gone a crawl
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 27 Dec 21 13:23
Im a big fan but she got the pace wrong but still managed to finish 4th, Sheehan rode worse that a 10lb claimer.
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 27 Dec 21 13:27
I'm sure that the connections of Frodon are delighted Brian made it a better race for us watchers as the poor steed fell out the back of the telly Laugh
Hope it hasn't bottomed the horse.
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 27 Dec 21 13:33
I think that's coming anyway j-c-m. and have done since Nicholls almost totally ignored her in the winners enclosure a race or two ago.  The one thing he doesn't want at his yard door is controversy, of whatever nature.
I don't know if the female Ms Frost ruined the race or not but she most certainly ruined the chance of Frodon.  Finished miles adrift in a lucky fourth place for win and place backers on here.
I agree with several posts on here but for me Duncan's post about the Mullins tactic is the most apt.  I'm glad the lad won the race because he's a good jockey and seems a decent lad but the race definitely fell into his lap.
By:
sparrow
When: 27 Dec 21 13:51
"the female Ms Frost" I'd never have guessed.
By:
Racingqueen
When: 27 Dec 21 13:51
it's the horse that's one-dimensional...if it needs to lead, your hand is forced

Now don't go spouting facts around here. They aren't wanted Laugh
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com