Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Celtic warrior
24 Dec 21 20:31
| Topic/replies: 1,925 | Blogger: Celtic warrior's blog
Worst time of the year. Six months till Royal ascot. Dark at 4pm. Stupid religious crap about the alleged birth of someone who was born to a virgin! Explain the biology behind that one mr whitty!!
Pause Switch to Standard View Anyone else hate xmas?
Show More
Report acey deucy December 24, 2021 8:47 PM GMT
Cant stand it....Gets in the way of Boxing Day ffs.Plain
Report Rico-Dangleflaps December 24, 2021 8:51 PM GMT
same as why people believe in 'god'...

this the man that allows kids to be abused,murdered,neglected whilst the perpetrators prosper..

strange planet we live on.
Report jinxy December 24, 2021 8:58 PM GMT
You miserable fukkas !
Report lead on December 24, 2021 9:03 PM GMT
I hate it with a vengeance...rather celebrate March..you've survived another winter and Cheltenham's round the corner
Report jinxy December 24, 2021 9:04 PM GMT
Sad , Sad , Sad , you guys need a family Laugh
Report Ramruma December 24, 2021 9:21 PM GMT
I don't mind it, and the Christmas lights in the houses across the road are quite pretty, but otherwise it passes me by. Ritz crackers and cheese for lunch before watching the Bond film.
Report Clerkmore December 24, 2021 9:26 PM GMT
I look forward to January 2 every year!
Report G Hall December 24, 2021 9:35 PM GMT
Just back from mass,lovely spiritual ceremony, really recommend it, a lovely feeling of contentment.
Report casemoney December 24, 2021 9:35 PM GMT
Alreet when the Bairns were young , NOW ITS A LOAD OF OLD PONY ...
Report casemoney December 24, 2021 9:35 PM GMT
Alreet when the Bairns were young , NOW ITS A LOAD OF OLD PONY ...
Report windsor knot December 24, 2021 9:45 PM GMT
i can't have it really , but it's not kids , decorations, forced family fun and all that ....it's the prats that turn up in the pubs . not seen since last year , all of a sudden they are charismatic jokers whilst annoying the hell out of the bar staff when they question every brand of gin they have . my late father had a lovely phrase for them ..once a year wallahs !...
Report casemoney December 24, 2021 10:22 PM GMT
A lot of Pink shirted one Glass Wine drinkers appear , unfortunately they go further than one Glass Laugh
Report salmon spray December 24, 2021 10:29 PM GMT
Not keen,but each to their own.
Report Celtic warrior December 24, 2021 10:30 PM GMT
Pubs are dead until the covid scare story ends
Report GEORGE.B December 24, 2021 11:05 PM GMT
Pubs are dead until the covid scare story ends

You're optimistic it's going to end?

“3 weeks to flatten the curve”, been about 86 weeks now.

“15 million jabs to freedom”, just passed 130 million.

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program….
Report SontaranStratagem December 25, 2021 12:00 AM GMT
Its boring

Tonight has made me realise how boring it is, zero football or horse racing

Bring on spring ffs
Report SontaranStratagem December 25, 2021 12:02 AM GMT
Its the time of year where you watch sh!t films/tv show and binge watch old soap vids on youtube ffs

Ive myself going in the fridge about 4 times tonight out of boredom Crazy
Report ProSniper December 25, 2021 12:08 AM GMT
Report The Leopard December 25, 2021 1:28 AM GMT
Relax.....your presents are on there way :
[img]https://community.cdnbf.net/community.betfair.com/user/the_leopard/828e9bc7d93e5029b25abb244ae31366.jpeg?v=241800[/img}
Report The Leopard December 25, 2021 1:29 AM GMT
Oooops !
Report The Leopard December 25, 2021 1:30 AM GMT
*their
Report undertaker December 25, 2021 4:12 AM GMT
Andy Williams could not have been more wrong. The most wonderful time of the year my bumhole.

As for religion, I am quite prepared to accept that there MIGHT be some Benevolent Sky Pixie controlling everything (because I am unable to prove otherwise), but the idea that any of the organised religions have got it right is laughable. 2,000 years ago the ancient Romans and ancient Greeks were convinced beyond all doubt that a family of Gods lived at the top of a hill (this was presumably debunked when somebody took the trouble to climb up the hill and find there was nothing there), and things haven't really improved since. We have umpteen different religions which contradict each other, and the only thing they have in common is that they (mostly) all worship the "one true God". The religion I am most familiar with is Christianity, which asserts that the world was created circa 5,000 years ago (so presumably all of those fossils lying around are some kind of elaborate hoax), and our Saviour was born 2,000 years ago. He said all sorts of nice things about tolerance, forgiveness and suchlike, but strangely, many of his most devout followers only seem interested in the bit in Leviticus which was written before our Saviour was born, and concerns the fate of homosexuals in the afterlife. And then there are all the wars the various religions have caused. Oh well.
Report Ramruma December 25, 2021 7:26 AM GMT
Merry Christmas. 80 days to Cheltenham. One day to the King George. God bless us, every one!
Report Rico-Dangleflaps December 25, 2021 10:57 AM GMT
well said undertkaer..best post this yr.

absolutely mind boggling isnt it.
Report ericster December 25, 2021 11:17 AM GMT
I
Report ericster December 25, 2021 11:19 AM GMT
I don't [hate] christmas.
It's just another day as far as I'm concerned.

ho'ho'ho eh?
Whatever.
Report clacton December 25, 2021 11:41 AM GMT
I hate any day without sport.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps December 25, 2021 12:10 PM GMT
i also conker wiv eric..

only benefactors are children and shopkeeper..

creates untold amounts of stress for pure appeasement.
Report ericster December 25, 2021 1:36 PM GMT
Rico,
I see family members spending money that they really can't afford to spend, on cr@p that's neither needed or wanted and it drives me crazy.
I refuse to accept presents at [any] time of the year.
People ask why.
I don't want for anything and I don't need anything.
I tell them to keep their money in their pocket.
I told my mother "you want to treat me at christmas? leave that money in your purse and put it towards your next energy bill, the next weekly shop even. THAT would give me so much joy."
I bet most of us have, at some time in our lives,  received a well intentioned gift, paid for with hard earned that the giver probably couldn't afford, and thought "what the hell am I going to do with this?"
Don't go there, don't do it, just DON'T imo.
A nice card at any time of year, I get that, and it can say, and [mean] so much.
Report onlooker December 25, 2021 2:27 PM GMT
Agreed - eric

I have carrier bags in the spare bedroom with presents in them from 20 and 25 years ago - Shower Gel, probably, several Beakers, an 'orrible coloured pullover that I will never ever wear, even in the house in the depths of winter, a bloody bath backscrathcher, and goodness knows what else.

Used to just bring them home, and dump them in the spare room.

Like you eric - If I need something (which is not a lot of things) then I get it.
If I don't need it - then I don't want it.

The bonus of the pandemic being that charade has become a Non-Runner these past 2 years - Hopefully, it will set a precedent for the future.

Need to give them to somebody who goes to car boot sales, or the like. SadHappy
Report SontaranStratagem December 25, 2021 7:54 PM GMT
The true new year is 1st April (hence the april fools gag) when the leaves are growing on the trees, plants are seeding, pollen returns, and the sun is higher in the sky and the warmer weather returns

How anyone can enjoy this time of year is beyond me, its misty, drizzly, dark at 3:45 and fooking freezing.

I understand the celebrations because its holiday time but stick this weather and short days up your arris
Report brendrew December 25, 2021 8:30 PM GMT
love it-although it feels like christmas eve eve
Report brain dead jockeys December 25, 2021 8:38 PM GMT
24th dec to 1st jan = worst 9 days of the year. needs to be moved to june/july..........only people who would reject this proposal are the aussies.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps December 25, 2021 9:15 PM GMT
told all my kids i want nothing,dont need anything..never bought a xmas card or present since 1988.
Report Celtic warrior December 26, 2021 1:40 PM GMT
Rico,

Do your kids ask you why you chose your curious, slightly bowdy forum name?
Report Ivor December 26, 2021 5:21 PM GMT
Add me ; the lowest point of every year... 'get thee behind me xmas'
Report MJK December 26, 2021 6:35 PM GMT
As usual the self perceived superior intellect from non believers is staggering
Report LoyalHoncho December 26, 2021 7:17 PM GMT
Where do I sign up!
Report LoyalHoncho December 26, 2021 7:24 PM GMT
Who said this?
"Be gone from here and take your infernal Merry Xmas with you".
The same fictional guy who said this:-
"I live in a world full of fools babbling Merry Xmas to one another.  Every idiot who goes about with Merry Xmas on his lips should be boiled in his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart"!
Good old Scrooge.
Report Cutter27 December 26, 2021 7:31 PM GMT
Listen, very carefully, to Cutter's farts. I'm sure your Christmas taste will improve.
Report Cutter27 December 26, 2021 7:32 PM GMT
I assume you can connect farting with listening? My aplogies to the poor**** who can't.
Report LoyalHoncho December 26, 2021 7:38 PM GMT
Well done Rico - a Xmas man after my own heart.  Love
Report Cutter27 December 26, 2021 7:42 PM GMT
Rico, spilling his 'stuff' on LoyalHoncho's heart'? I thought this was a respectable forum?
Report undertaker December 27, 2021 7:02 AM GMT
"As usual the self perceived superior intellect from non believers is staggering"

Personally, I don't consider myself intellectually superior to those who believe in God. I said there might be a Sky Pixie controlling everything, because I don't have any evidence that there isn't. Or maybe all the strings are being pulled by an ancient man with a long white beard, his 2,021 year old son and a Holy Ghost (whatever that is). Or maybe humans are just here for the amusement of an alien race, who watch us like some giant reality TV show, and created us after they got bored of watching dinosaurs eat each other and finished them off with an asteroid. I don't know.

It is organised religions I have a problem with. They were created in less enlightened times by the ruling classes to keep the pesky proles in check and make sure they behaved themselves by threatening them with eternal hell fire and damnation if they didn't. It still goes on today, little kids being brainwashed by people who are old enough to know better. And some of the stuff in the Old Testament is still taken literally by some people, so we end up in a world where some people believe that a consensual sexual relationship between two adults of the same gender is about the worst thing possibly imaginable, whereas if a priest gets caught forcing himself on little boys, often the only punishment he receives is to be moved on to a new parish so he can ruin countless more lives. I would consider myself intellectually superior to anyone who is ok with that sort of thing, in the same way I might consider myself intellectually superior if I found myself sitting next to an escaped Broadmoor patient on a bus, who sat there rocking backwards and forwards at lightning speed and slapping himself about the head with vim and vigour.
Report MJK December 27, 2021 9:25 AM GMT
Point proven. Some people just can't resist.
Report undertaker December 27, 2021 10:07 AM GMT
I'm not sure what point you think you have proven about "the self perceived superior intellect from non believers", because if you read my post properly you will realise:

a) I'm not a non-believer per se (I guess if we must put a label on it then I am probably agnostic)
b) I don't consider myself intellectually superior to those who do believe in God. I don't like the various organised religions, which is not the same thing at all.

Apart from that, you've just about nailed it.
Report ericster December 27, 2021 10:13 AM GMT
undertaker:
Your 7:02 post, I couldn't agree more, well said and very well put.
As far as religion goes I am a devout atheist but hey! who cares right?
Report AraziTheGreatest December 27, 2021 12:30 PM GMT
God? Just Santa for grown ups, isn't it?
Report dustybin December 27, 2021 12:51 PM GMT
For the religious go search for Kenneth Humphreys on youtube.
Some of the best intellectual decimation of Christianity there is.
Report LoyalHoncho December 27, 2021 1:45 PM GMT
The decimation of Christianity isn't the point for me, it is all religion.
For me anyone who believes in A God is bonkers, because there simply isn't and can't be one.
However, anyone who chooses to believe there is a God and lives by that God's so-called commandments has a right to do so.  Until they start ramming it down other peoples throats.
There's more but really, who the fck cares?.  Being a good human being, husband, parent and friend doesn't need a smidgeon of religion.  Of any type.  It just needs good will and the faith that the sun rises and sets.  Without question.
Report ericster December 27, 2021 2:17 PM GMT
Another great post.
Well said Honcho, I totally agree.
Report GEORGE.B December 27, 2021 2:24 PM GMT
If it's choice between between a Christian society or the covid cult one that we're currently living in, I'll take the Christian one any day of the week.
Report Celtic warrior December 27, 2021 2:27 PM GMT
one of my earliest special moments was saying to myself at the age of 13....god doesnt exist and ALL religion is an ancient system to impoverish the masses and maintain control for the powerful and rich.

42 years later this conviction is ever stronger.

but yes if you want to be religious of any faith i wont stop you but i wont listen to you either. quid pro quo
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND December 27, 2021 2:44 PM GMT
One thing I do not get, I hear more people today spouting that God does not exist more than he does exist.  So why are non believers getting so moist. More and more World leaders disbelieve...seems odd to me.
Report SlippyBlue December 27, 2021 2:46 PM GMT
I absolutely love Christmas but I'm a total atheist. I've got a big family and we all try and get this hence my liking this time of the year.

At school though as a 12 year old I always objected to be having to be made to do R.E.lessons.
So the teacher, an ex R.A.F. Officer and a big bully of a bloke, made me stand up in class and say why I didn't believe in God, so I did.

He kicked me out for being a disruptive influence and I never had to do R.E. again after that.
Happy days.
Report The Management December 27, 2021 2:51 PM GMT
All you non-believers just haven't discovered Scientology yet! - you can't argue with their logic or the  science! WinkLaugh
Report themightymac December 27, 2021 2:58 PM GMT
I hate people who hate Xmas and feel that they have to force their views on gamblers on what is meant to be a horseracing forum.
Report LoyalHoncho December 27, 2021 7:00 PM GMT
Slippy!  Laugh  I well remember getting the belt for continually asking, at the age of about 8 or 9 so I didn't have a clue, what it meant by "they spilled their seed on the ground".  Is that like they plough the fields and scatter Mr Wilson?  What does it mean "He knew her Mr Wilson"? Laugh
And I had an older brother like you.  Got out of doing anything by fcking it up first time of asking then playing it right.  I see now that he was actually a genius!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com