Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Celtic warrior
24 Dec 21 20:31
| Topic/replies: 1,955 | Blogger: Celtic warrior's blog
Worst time of the year. Six months till Royal ascot. Dark at 4pm. Stupid religious crap about the alleged birth of someone who was born to a virgin! Explain the biology behind that one mr whitty!!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 58
By:
acey deucy
When: 24 Dec 21 20:47
Cant stand it....Gets in the way of Boxing Day ffs.Plain
By:
Rico-Dangleflaps
When: 24 Dec 21 20:51
same as why people believe in 'god'...

this the man that allows kids to be abused,murdered,neglected whilst the perpetrators prosper..

strange planet we live on.
By:
jinxy
When: 24 Dec 21 20:58
You miserable fukkas !
By:
lead on
When: 24 Dec 21 21:03
I hate it with a vengeance...rather celebrate March..you've survived another winter and Cheltenham's round the corner
By:
jinxy
When: 24 Dec 21 21:04
Sad , Sad , Sad , you guys need a family Laugh
By:
Ramruma
When: 24 Dec 21 21:21
I don't mind it, and the Christmas lights in the houses across the road are quite pretty, but otherwise it passes me by. Ritz crackers and cheese for lunch before watching the Bond film.
By:
Clerkmore
When: 24 Dec 21 21:26
I look forward to January 2 every year!
By:
G Hall
When: 24 Dec 21 21:35
Just back from mass,lovely spiritual ceremony, really recommend it, a lovely feeling of contentment.
By:
casemoney
Alreet when the Bairns were young , NOW ITS A LOAD OF OLD PONY ...
By:
casemoney
Alreet when the Bairns were young , NOW ITS A LOAD OF OLD PONY ...
By:
windsor knot
When: 24 Dec 21 21:45
i can't have it really , but it's not kids , decorations, forced family fun and all that ....it's the prats that turn up in the pubs . not seen since last year , all of a sudden they are charismatic jokers whilst annoying the hell out of the bar staff when they question every brand of gin they have . my late father had a lovely phrase for them ..once a year wallahs !...
By:
casemoney
When: 24 Dec 21 22:22
A lot of Pink shirted one Glass Wine drinkers appear , unfortunately they go further than one Glass Laugh
By:
salmon spray
When: 24 Dec 21 22:29
Not keen,but each to their own.
By:
Celtic warrior
When: 24 Dec 21 22:30
Pubs are dead until the covid scare story ends
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 24 Dec 21 23:05
Pubs are dead until the covid scare story ends

You're optimistic it's going to end?

“3 weeks to flatten the curve”, been about 86 weeks now.

“15 million jabs to freedom”, just passed 130 million.

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program….
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 25 Dec 21 00:00
Its boring

Tonight has made me realise how boring it is, zero football or horse racing

Bring on spring ffs
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 25 Dec 21 00:02
Its the time of year where you watch sh!t films/tv show and binge watch old soap vids on youtube ffs

Ive myself going in the fridge about 4 times tonight out of boredom Crazy
By:
ProSniper
When: 25 Dec 21 00:08
By:
The Leopard
When: 25 Dec 21 01:28
Relax.....your presents are on there way :
[img]https://community.cdnbf.net/community.betfair.com/user/the_leopard/828e9bc7d93e5029b25abb244ae31366.jpeg?v=241800[/img}
By:
The Leopard
When: 25 Dec 21 01:29
Oooops !
By:
The Leopard
When: 25 Dec 21 01:30
*their
By:
undertaker
When: 25 Dec 21 04:12
Andy Williams could not have been more wrong. The most wonderful time of the year my bumhole.

As for religion, I am quite prepared to accept that there MIGHT be some Benevolent Sky Pixie controlling everything (because I am unable to prove otherwise), but the idea that any of the organised religions have got it right is laughable. 2,000 years ago the ancient Romans and ancient Greeks were convinced beyond all doubt that a family of Gods lived at the top of a hill (this was presumably debunked when somebody took the trouble to climb up the hill and find there was nothing there), and things haven't really improved since. We have umpteen different religions which contradict each other, and the only thing they have in common is that they (mostly) all worship the "one true God". The religion I am most familiar with is Christianity, which asserts that the world was created circa 5,000 years ago (so presumably all of those fossils lying around are some kind of elaborate hoax), and our Saviour was born 2,000 years ago. He said all sorts of nice things about tolerance, forgiveness and suchlike, but strangely, many of his most devout followers only seem interested in the bit in Leviticus which was written before our Saviour was born, and concerns the fate of homosexuals in the afterlife. And then there are all the wars the various religions have caused. Oh well.
By:
Ramruma
When: 25 Dec 21 07:26
Merry Christmas. 80 days to Cheltenham. One day to the King George. God bless us, every one!
By:
Rico-Dangleflaps
When: 25 Dec 21 10:57
well said undertkaer..best post this yr.

absolutely mind boggling isnt it.
By:
ericster
When: 25 Dec 21 11:17
I
By:
ericster
When: 25 Dec 21 11:19
I don't [hate] christmas.
It's just another day as far as I'm concerned.

ho'ho'ho eh?
Whatever.
By:
clacton
When: 25 Dec 21 11:41
I hate any day without sport.
By:
Rico-Dangleflaps
When: 25 Dec 21 12:10
i also conker wiv eric..

only benefactors are children and shopkeeper..

creates untold amounts of stress for pure appeasement.
By:
ericster
When: 25 Dec 21 13:36
Rico,
I see family members spending money that they really can't afford to spend, on cr@p that's neither needed or wanted and it drives me crazy.
I refuse to accept presents at [any] time of the year.
People ask why.
I don't want for anything and I don't need anything.
I tell them to keep their money in their pocket.
I told my mother "you want to treat me at christmas? leave that money in your purse and put it towards your next energy bill, the next weekly shop even. THAT would give me so much joy."
I bet most of us have, at some time in our lives,  received a well intentioned gift, paid for with hard earned that the giver probably couldn't afford, and thought "what the hell am I going to do with this?"
Don't go there, don't do it, just DON'T imo.
A nice card at any time of year, I get that, and it can say, and [mean] so much.
By:
onlooker
When: 25 Dec 21 14:27
Agreed - eric

I have carrier bags in the spare bedroom with presents in them from 20 and 25 years ago - Shower Gel, probably, several Beakers, an 'orrible coloured pullover that I will never ever wear, even in the house in the depths of winter, a bloody bath backscrathcher, and goodness knows what else.

Used to just bring them home, and dump them in the spare room.

Like you eric - If I need something (which is not a lot of things) then I get it.
If I don't need it - then I don't want it.

The bonus of the pandemic being that charade has become a Non-Runner these past 2 years - Hopefully, it will set a precedent for the future.

Need to give them to somebody who goes to car boot sales, or the like. SadHappy
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 25 Dec 21 19:54
The true new year is 1st April (hence the april fools gag) when the leaves are growing on the trees, plants are seeding, pollen returns, and the sun is higher in the sky and the warmer weather returns

How anyone can enjoy this time of year is beyond me, its misty, drizzly, dark at 3:45 and fooking freezing.

I understand the celebrations because its holiday time but stick this weather and short days up your arris
By:
brendrew
When: 25 Dec 21 20:30
love it-although it feels like christmas eve eve
By:
brain dead jockeys
When: 25 Dec 21 20:38
24th dec to 1st jan = worst 9 days of the year. needs to be moved to june/july..........only people who would reject this proposal are the aussies.
By:
Rico-Dangleflaps
When: 25 Dec 21 21:15
told all my kids i want nothing,dont need anything..never bought a xmas card or present since 1988.
By:
Celtic warrior
When: 26 Dec 21 13:40
Rico,

Do your kids ask you why you chose your curious, slightly bowdy forum name?
By:
Ivor
When: 26 Dec 21 17:21
Add me ; the lowest point of every year... 'get thee behind me xmas'
By:
MJK
When: 26 Dec 21 18:35
As usual the self perceived superior intellect from non believers is staggering
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 26 Dec 21 19:17
Where do I sign up!
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 26 Dec 21 19:24
Who said this?
"Be gone from here and take your infernal Merry Xmas with you".
The same fictional guy who said this:-
"I live in a world full of fools babbling Merry Xmas to one another.  Every idiot who goes about with Merry Xmas on his lips should be boiled in his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart"!
Good old Scrooge.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com