Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pandora1963
19 Nov 21 10:28
| Topic/replies: 23,069 | Blogger: pandora1963's blog
My nephew who suffers with sever anxiety, depression and just struggles with everyday life basically , HAD to attend a face to face appointment with his "work coach" yesterday afternoon, or his benefits would be sanctioned i.e. no benefits for a month. He turns up, big sign on door, this building is closed, please go to another building a few miles up the road. Absolutely no way he could get there on time even if he grew wings. H e was never informed before the interview of this change. While wondering what the hell e is going tom do he gets a text on his phone, saying he has missed appointment and has been sanctioned.

Now can anyone explain how this is right, fair or moral? This is the system the tories created. It's wicked and drives people over the edge.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 98
By:
penzance
When: 19 Nov 21 10:31
someone might give you an answer on the
politics forum.
Fck off over there.
By:
acey deucy
When: 19 Nov 21 13:08
I claimed job seekers allowance for 2 months about ten years ago, i was treated like a total scumbag and the bashtards in charge were worse than The Gestapo.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 19 Nov 21 13:12
horrible khoonts ,hope he gets his benefits back pandora ,appeal it or go to citizens advice .
By:
freddiewilliams
When: 19 Nov 21 13:16
Has he every thought of robin banks
By:
jamesdean
When: 19 Nov 21 13:38
WAC

https://twitter.com/alexandreafonso/status/1460989055362125824?t=COiaSsVQd_DOalWWi-EBHg&s=19
By:
Sowerby Boy
When: 19 Nov 21 13:41
Pandora.

Explain the situation fully on your nephew's UC journal.
I had an issue with my local job centre but it was soon resolved, with an apology.
They are incompetent though, so be prepared to telephone a senior person in the job centre.
By:
mitolo
When: 19 Nov 21 13:47
most on benefits have it easy and will never come off them unless forced to, like my soppy daughters boyfriend who is 26 and has been claiming for 3 years. pandemic was great for him, the useless tw@t. sanctions mean nothing and are very rarely enforced, no matter how many times i grass him up.
By:
jamesdean
When: 19 Nov 21 13:50
"sanctions mean nothing and are very rarely enforced,"

nonsense, unfortunately
By:
mitolo
When: 19 Nov 21 14:01
no it aint. and why shouldnt people be sanctioned? most of them should be.
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 19 Nov 21 14:06
Anyone know how much you get on the rock and roll nowerdays? Ta...Tempting.
By:
Sowerby Boy
When: 19 Nov 21 14:11
£ 74 per week for single person, no dependents.
In my interview at the job centre, the lady interviewer asked " how do you survive on that? ".
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 19 Nov 21 14:12
Is odds on drone operatives claim.

Would take 10s on.
By:
ballyregan
When: 19 Nov 21 14:13
anyone seen i daniel blake ?
By:
Big muff
When: 19 Nov 21 14:14
Unfortunately for every genuine case there's plenty of false ones.
By:
stewarts rise
When: 19 Nov 21 14:17
Don't get your knickers in a twist Pandora!
By:
mitolo
When: 19 Nov 21 14:20
the prob in laundan is that you get your rent paid, and few are giving that up in a hurry with accommodation being ruinously expensive. rows of victorian houses in my locale have been converted into multi-occupancy flats, or studios as they are called and all are full at 200 a week. paid by the social.

one geezer i know owns several and the council is offering him a reward for any more he can supply. what a racket.
By:
ballyregan
When: 19 Nov 21 14:20
i vaguely remember adrian mole having a thing for her also
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 19 Nov 21 14:22
I've seen that film Ballyregan, it's absolutely heartbreaking.
By:
sparrow
When: 19 Nov 21 14:24
Age 13 and 3/4.
By:
mitolo
When: 19 Nov 21 14:28
its also tendentious tripe. ken roach is a raving loon who made one good film and has been serving up the same garbage ever since. hard cases make bad law.
By:
ballyregan
When: 19 Nov 21 14:28
I know slippy honest proud bloke who deserved a break but the system was unforgiving , happens to far to many imo
if anyones in an ok position everyone should help out the less fortunate imo because with a little bit of bad luck we could all be there
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 19 Nov 21 14:32
to be fair pandora they have got to get the dole numbers down , they have hundreds arriving in rubber boats on kent coasts who need looking after  and our own people must make way for them.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 19 Nov 21 14:35
ken roach Laugh he a ruddy good film maker !
By:
ballyregan
When: 19 Nov 21 14:37
foyles poor bait
By:
sparrow
When: 19 Nov 21 14:37
FOYLESWAR Joined: 09 Jan 11
Replies: 2252919 Nov 21 14:32 
to be fair pandora they have got to get the dole numbers down , they have hundreds arriving in rubber boats on kent coasts who need looking after  and our own people must make way for them.

Plenty of work available for all who want it.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 19 Nov 21 14:44
yes sparrow as said the  whole country needs to be grafting to keep our arrivals in the style deserve!
By:
sparrow
When: 19 Nov 21 14:54
As I said "all" people and if not willing then they can do without.
By:
acey deucy
When: 19 Nov 21 15:12
Daniel Blake yeah loved it Bally.
By:
second again
When: 19 Nov 21 15:29
I spent a few days in Weymouth last week.Walking along the prom a guy started speaking to us.it turned out he came out of prison the day before.An ex soldier who must have been a decent person as he said his ex forces mates visited him in prison.He said he had no chance of being housed and when the weather got colder he would go back to prison.He pointed to the sea and said if You land here in a boat you get put in a hotel,my heart went out to him he said he had been homeless for 7 years,I am sure he had mental problems due to his army days.Sad
By:
hulk23
When: 19 Nov 21 15:29
if you're isolating because you have covid, it would seem a bit bizarre that they would force you to come in for a one-to-one interview.  suicidal even.
By:
hulk23
When: 19 Nov 21 15:37
i'm walking down to the bus stop, with my covid.  i'm on the bus, with my covid.  i'm walking through town, with my covid, i'm entering the building, with my covid. 

what time was my interview again ?
By:
Ramruma
When: 19 Nov 21 18:40
A few years ago I always used to drop a couple of quid in a beggar's cup on the way home. Tbh some days I resented it as a tax on walking down the road. Long (and pointless) story short, one day I overheard him at the bus stop, talking to a couple of mates about their army pensions.

So yes, a lot of ex-forces types were dumped on to the streets. Like premier league footballers, they've had 10 years never having to make a decision because they're told where to sleep and when to eat. I gather now the MoD makes a bit more effort to get people ready for civvy street but in those days I used to work with a lot of American ex-soldiers who'd all been put through college on Uncle Sam's shilling.

Back to OP. Yes, some of these automatic sanctions are scandalously unfair but it can be hard to find anyone who has got the authority to override the decision. Either swallow it, or try the CAB if they are still open round your way. Maybe even your MP because sometimes the House of Commons letterhead can work wonders. Better still, slip him £50 for Christmas and tell him to forget it and get on with his life. If he's got mental health issues that's probably the kindest way.
By:
raspberrybottom
When: 19 Nov 21 19:29
Phew!

I work in a community college. 90% of our "clients" claim Universal Credit, Housing Benefit, Disability Benefit, special cases - kids/adults with ADHD, Anger Issues, Anxiety, etc.

I don't deal with these people directly... only later in a teaching capacity.

I would say 70% - 75% of them are swinging the lead. Far too many know exactly how to work the system and know exactly how they are going to stay on the "dole" for their whole lives - they've got it completely mapped out.

The "genuine" ones are trying whole-heartedly to improve their job chances and their life-styles in general and fair play to them for that. The others are very open about how they are working the system and are absolutely outraged when asked by the job centres to attend job interviews, assessments, etc.

These people are messing it up for others who are genuinely struggling with severe problems. I suppose it's been like this for a long time but very difficult (if not impossible) for any government or agency to put right. Sad
By:
mitolo
When: 19 Nov 21 19:56
thats why sanctions dont work. the genuine sufferers will indeed suffer but the ones who know how to 'game' the system wont. the geezer i mentioned earlier, a big time property owner, is being paid fortunes by the state to house people who have no intention of getting a job.

as long as people cry about individual cases being 'inhumane' this will not be challenged. and its hard to see how to fix it. one man who tried was frank field, now on the verge of death. he was told by the then labour govt. to 'think the unthinkable' and when he did they sacked him. he said the unsayable, namely that huge numbers are cheating the system. labour couldnt deal with this, knowing their members would revolt.

and those that say 74 quid a week is nothing ignore the fact that having your housing paid is worth a lot more than that and is a disincentive to getting a job.

and if i was in receipt of nearly 1200 per month in benefits i doubt id bother either
By:
The Management
When: 19 Nov 21 20:08
A fact that most people don't like to acknowledge, is that the vast majority of money paid out to people claiming benefits by quite some distance, is paid out to people that are claiming the state pension!

Much easier to pretend that many of the younger people claiming benefits are scroungers and that claiming the state pension isn't a form of claiming benefits (but rather an entitlement).

The first person to come back with: "I've paid in all me life!" wins the clown of the day award.
By:
mitolo
When: 19 Nov 21 20:17
no 'pretending' about it. how do you explain how a 26 year old man(my daughters boyfriend, unfortunately) has gone from uni to claiming for 3 years and has never worked?

what sanction should be applied to him, apart form the one id like to apply, namely beating his head in? my preferred option.
By:
ballyregan
When: 19 Nov 21 20:24
just think when you walk your daughter down the aisle you will be so proud to welcome him into your family mitolo
By:
mitolo
When: 19 Nov 21 20:33
yes, that consoles me greatly. look forward to paying for that

dont often lay @1000, but id make an exception for this one.
By:
hulk23
When: 19 Nov 21 20:41
if you sail here in a dinghy with 27 others you'll automatically be eligible for circa £5,000 pm in benefits.  4 star hotel and the rest ...   

French dinghy sales through the roof ..
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com