Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
JJmbe
11 Nov 21 06:40
| Topic/replies: 990 | Blogger: JJmbe's blog
Never driven before always got train in, taking a chance it wont be crazy busy in car park,  anyone know if i have to pre pay for parking or i can pay on the gate.
Show More
Report tictacman1 November 11, 2021 7:36 AM GMT
Car Parking is now not available to buy in advance. It can be bought on the day.

https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/cheltenham/events-tickets/the-november-meeting/

Enjoy the racing
Report jimnast November 11, 2021 7:51 AM GMT
there will be traffic problems travelling from the south west so give yourself a bit extra time if thats your route,take an over night bag also, even after many years of trying cheltenham are still useless at getting cars away after racing.
Report saxon farm November 11, 2021 9:47 AM GMT
Whose bright idea was it to stage both Cheltenham & Worcester on the same afternoon?
Report jimnast November 11, 2021 9:54 AM GMT
probably the same people who took ludlow of the rota today so many of those who liked to do bangor ludlow cheltenham can no longer do it.
Report saxon farm November 11, 2021 10:02 AM GMT
Common sense is no longer common!
Report JJmbe November 11, 2021 11:22 AM GMT
Thanks for all the replies, just back from the booster jab. Surely wont be that bad jimnast on a Friday
Report spyker November 11, 2021 11:33 AM GMT
Common sense is no longer common!

That's what you get when 'the market' decides, in this case the courses themselves. It's weird, in the 80's the generation (you lot) that introduced the concept of 'the market' running everything it was all going to be so much better and the consumer would be the ultimate winner. It doesn't seem to have worked out that way and this is a decent example - the energy market being the other obvious one. Another **** up to add to your legacy. Enjoy the racing!
Report jimnast November 11, 2021 11:41 AM GMT
Jj

Friday probably the worst day due to town centre traffic
Report JJmbe November 11, 2021 11:43 AM GMT
Your making me have second thoughts coming from the South, might train it after all.
Report jimnast November 11, 2021 11:57 AM GMT
If you are only going for the day jj the train has to be better the bus goes to the station from the course it also leaves you free to have a celebratory drink if you back a few winners.not to mention the ridiculous stress driving on a Friday causes in England.
Report paulo47 November 11, 2021 12:24 PM GMT
My mate is an annual member and always goes down for this meeting , not this year as no accommodation anywhere .
Report TheAnorak November 11, 2021 12:57 PM GMT
Worcester is staging the meeting originally scheduled for Southwell, where the re-laying of the AW track has taken longer than planned.
Report TheAnorak November 11, 2021 1:06 PM GMT
There is an option to avoid the leaving traffic after the last race, which is to stay and watch the auction of Irish point to point horses which starts at 4:30. Might spot a future champion, certainly see the rich at play throwing vast sums around to acquire something that plodded 3M round a field in Ireland!
Report TheAnorak November 11, 2021 1:07 PM GMT
Here's a link to the sale details:

https://www.tattersallscheltenham.com/sales/cheltenham-november-sale/4DCGI/Sale/CNO21/Main
Report jimnast November 11, 2021 1:19 PM GMT
Even today Hilton park to the m 5 around an hour train nap
Report Mt006 November 11, 2021 2:19 PM GMT
"My mate is an annual member and always goes down for this meeting , not this year as no accommodation anywhere ."

£70 for the Friday in October in a cheap contractor hotel

£400 for the same cheap hotel on Sat night - madness but someone is paying these prices
Report jimnast November 11, 2021 3:54 PM GMT
And all’s these clowns suggesting staycations the hotel costs in this country are outrageous.
Report whatyoulookingat November 11, 2021 4:11 PM GMT
jj why not park at the rugby club just down the road
its only a fiver you can get a drink and something to
eat pretty easy to get out also
Report JJmbe November 11, 2021 4:23 PM GMT
That's a great shout you got a postcode, just googled rugby club near the racecourse half a dozen came up.
Report whatyoulookingat November 11, 2021 4:28 PM GMT
not sure of postcode jj but its on the cross roads on way to bishops cleeve
we always park there for the festival only ten minute walk to course
good luck to you also
Report jimnast November 11, 2021 4:41 PM GMT
Jj

Coming from the south west you will pass the racecourse on the right drive around 1/2 mile past on the rugby club is on the right.
Report whatyoulookingat November 11, 2021 4:47 PM GMT
yes thats the one jim
Report whatyoulookingat November 11, 2021 4:52 PM GMT
just looked it up jj its called
cheltenham tigers rugby club
Report JJmbe November 11, 2021 4:54 PM GMT
Thanks guys, i'm going to give it a go and take a chance with the traffic probably be the first and last time if its an ordeal.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK November 12, 2021 7:38 AM GMT
Terrible card IMO
Looking forward to my drogo run poxy two runner affair Sad
Banks and hedges race too
Poor
Report basset November 12, 2021 8:25 AM GMT
see you there!
Report Numismatist November 12, 2021 10:12 AM GMT
I’m an AM and not going either. Found a gaff for £65 PN for The Showcase and the same place is £265 for this meeting.
Bula meeting is marginally cheaper so going down then instead.
Report JJmbe November 12, 2021 6:26 PM GMT
Traffic was fine going up never saw a car got to the track from the east and round the back of the course avoiding chelt town centre all together, got stuck for 45 mins coming home, thanks for the input jimnast and wulat.
Report jimnast November 13, 2021 5:53 AM GMT
No problem jj 45 minutes was good ,almost 2 hours to get back to eveshamCry
Report JJmbe November 13, 2021 11:25 AM GMT
Cry, hope it was worth it financially wise, it was great to be back with a half decent crowd.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com