Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
09 Nov 21 18:35
| Topic/replies: 1,993 | Blogger: 1830's blog
AS THE TITLE SAYS.
Pause Switch to Standard View MULRENNAN YOU NONE TRYING CNT
Show More
Report the.mad.dog.man November 9, 2021 6:36 PM GMT
just about to say the same
Report jinxy November 9, 2021 6:37 PM GMT
Fooking disgrace to the sport , bent as fcuk little fooker !
Report pandora1963 November 9, 2021 6:37 PM GMT
i think you will find his cosy little chat with dwyer is still on youtube
Report basilbrush November 9, 2021 6:39 PM GMT
Yep, absolutely furkinbg cheating vile pos, deliberately made no attempt to put the horse in the race at any stage after talking the horse up in his interview earlier today. The horse was full of running with all the room in the world and he didnt even try to go forwards, the guy should be banned. Why are the stewards putting up with the slimy crooked pos.
Report stewarty b November 9, 2021 7:19 PM GMT
It's quite simple really. Why do you think he gets the mounts he does? He obeys orders.
Report basilbrush November 9, 2021 7:23 PM GMT
Well, he is obviously the cowardly vile greedy pos he is labelled as then, not much good for the sport or us punters though mate.
Report stewarty b November 9, 2021 7:28 PM GMT
I agree basil but what can you do. There's many more than him.
Report sparrow November 9, 2021 7:41 PM GMT
We all know about the jockey but nobody has mentioned the trainer yet or do we think she is totally innocent here?
Report stewarty b November 9, 2021 7:46 PM GMT
Only so much you can say sparrow but if obeying orders..
Report penzance November 9, 2021 7:48 PM GMT
the horse has been ridden here the same way for
the last 4 runs.
Only he knows if he was trying.
Report stewarty b November 9, 2021 7:51 PM GMT
6 (9)
1¼ [6¾]
Runner Jacket
6. Vintage Polly  (IRE) 4/1
Paul Mulrennan
Rebecca Menzies
4    92 tp    54    –    –    –   
Dwelt start, held up in rear, steady headway going easily when short of room from over 1f out, eased final 110yds, not recover (op 7/2 tchd 10/3)
Report leif November 9, 2021 8:03 PM GMT
That's how the thing always goes though.

Blows the start each and every time gathered up in behind , going cosily but often meets trouble as this style of running often unfolds.

It managed to win a few tries ago, running in exactly the same manner having crawled out of the gate, many lengths behind and switched in and out to cajole the mule along to get its head in front on the line.

a 50 something rated mule in my opinion.
Report basilbrush November 9, 2021 8:06 PM GMT
Jesus Wept, Strewth.
Report jinxy November 9, 2021 8:09 PM GMT
Here they come Basil Laugh ,,, we got it wrong again !Laugh
Report penzance November 9, 2021 8:11 PM GMT
you maight be right but try watching
the horse's previous runs here.
Report jinxy November 9, 2021 8:19 PM GMT
Might be right ??????  ...... Sorry i used my eyes on this particular race  , the horse was a beaten horse before it left the stalls, i only watched the race live and not bothered to watch a replay !
I don`t believe my stomach could take it !!Laugh
Report stewarty b November 9, 2021 8:24 PM GMT
Is it this man's wife who is now employed by ITV ? Or a case of wrong spy?
Report smirnoff2therescue November 9, 2021 8:40 PM GMT
Adele LoveLoveLove - punching well above nap WinkWink
Report Rico-Dangleflaps November 9, 2021 8:43 PM GMT
it didnt look good from a punters perspective but on the hd on he didnt get the clearest of runs last 2f then accepted it 1 out..who knows..it didnt drift which is important.
Report ProSniper November 9, 2021 8:52 PM GMT
Eye agree flappy. Just watched it back and I have to say it's nowhere near as blatant as many other non-triers I've seen. When brushy states "The horse was full of running with all the room in the world" from that cam angle on the replay eye never at any stage seen the bib. It needs to be appreciated that any hold up hoss is always at the mercy of a "lucky" passage. Granted, certain jocks will no doubt become experts at looking for and finding guaranteed trouble, but it's still not clear cut as to when that was the concrete goal.   

As long as you never forget Mulrennan's little chat with his conspiring mate Dwyer re a race a few years back, "Later, when discussing his riding tactics in the race, Mulrennan says: "I’ll try and sit last on mine, then get out of the way." You should be in full acceptance of the gamble you're taking when you back any beast these type of dodgy drivers sit on.
Report jinxy November 9, 2021 9:41 PM GMT
""You should be in full acceptance of the gamble you're taking when you back any beast these type of dodgy drivers sit on."

Would you have the same view if you were walking through a so called rough area of town , got mugged , beaten and robbed ?
The sport needs cleaning up ! It`s not fully exceptable in my opinion for cheating in sport !
Report ProSniper November 9, 2021 10:11 PM GMT
Don't get confused jinxy. I've made it clear on many other threads that the stoords are a bunch of useless ****, who clearly should be doing more to fight and deter corruption. The point is each occasion must be looked at independently and objectively. On this occasion there's enough doubt to suggest Mulrennan is being harshly accused.
Report Deptford November 9, 2021 10:13 PM GMT
You need to go Specsavers ^ never tried an inch, never tried to move the horse to a better position, it was pure and utter filth.
Report ProSniper November 9, 2021 10:18 PM GMT
fordy clearly lost a few quid and has anger issues..

he wouldn't make jury.
Report smirnoff2therescue November 9, 2021 10:25 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olGSAVOkkTI
Report ProSniper November 9, 2021 10:26 PM GMT
EMBARRASSING, smirny Sad
Report ballyregan November 10, 2021 7:44 AM GMT
youtube superstar
Report basilbrush November 10, 2021 8:19 PM GMT
A couple of you guys need to give your heads a wobble. Slow away, cantered along at the back of the field and never attempted to put the horse in the race, and no attempt to switch round horses or find a way through at any point in the race, total and utter disgrace whichever way you look at it. There are no excuses for this ride, period. You,re Jinxy, they always show up in the end, one in every village so plenty on here.
Report ItsMeSwaddle November 10, 2021 8:28 PM GMT
I agree with the above and just try not to get wound up anymore, there was ways out and its not just in hinsight when there is about 4 oppurtunties to be involved.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps November 10, 2021 10:01 PM GMT
what was the ulterior motive for not trying basil/deptford?
Report jinxy November 10, 2021 10:11 PM GMT
No wonder racing is so bent with this type of reasoning Rico ?  Would you like to tell me what the motive is for winning a race ?
Report Rico-Dangleflaps November 10, 2021 10:13 PM GMT
Would you like to tell me what the motive is for winning a race ?

pride,gambling.prizemoney?
Report jinxy November 10, 2021 10:20 PM GMT
Gambling being the biggest of those 3 in most cases ! The sport does not exist without it ! That is why 99% of us are on here ! Fact !
I might had that most of the guys on here are making more money LAYING horse to LOSE rather than win from what i read !
Report Rico-Dangleflaps November 10, 2021 10:32 PM GMT
it didnt drift though.
Report HallGreenSpy November 10, 2021 10:36 PM GMT
Quite a strange race really. 3 at the top of the market, fav winning. Both joint second favs running similar races. Held up and maybe put into it. I thought the second, Tefnut was given a bad ride til I saw this thread.
Report ProSniper November 11, 2021 12:13 AM GMT
"Slow away, cantered along at the back of the field and "never attempted to put the horse in the race"

You can forget about the "slowly away, cantered along at the back" since this was/is the standard or obvious intention for many ridden hosses. So the only question of any real importance is the question of "attempt to put the hoss in the race".

Other than getting a tiny mobile out his helmet mid-race(when passage became very questionable) to ring up his mate Dwyer to send down a whirlybird to chopper him over the top all the beasts boxing him in(once he'd committed to particular path)  I'm still trying to figure what he could've done???

Have a look the race in the link below(hoss drawn in 5) which has similar type of ride..

https://www.attheraces.com/atrplayer-popup/VOD/1236958

the only difference between that ride and the Mulrennan one is Edmunds got a beautiful split when it mattered - which enabled the beast to win like the good thing it was.

If you want to see a filthy ride 1000x more blatant and obvious than anything Mulrennan is guilty of here, have a watch back at this ride from Mr Chester Williams https://www.attheraces.com/atrplayer-popup/VOD/1229374

I made fred about it at the time..

https://community.betfair.com/horse_racing/go/thread/view/94102/31729769/che...
Report basilbrush November 11, 2021 3:18 PM GMT
"There are none so blind as those who will not see"
Report ProSniper November 11, 2021 4:01 PM GMT
Nonsensical. Unless you're aiming at yourself and the rest of the fools who believe he had "all the room in the world"
Report basilbrush November 11, 2021 5:53 PM GMT
Blah blah blah, one in every village, nonsified.
Report Deptford November 11, 2021 6:37 PM GMT
If you think that was a straight ride you honestly need help
Report s.kenbo November 11, 2021 6:59 PM GMT
The problem with crying wolf is……..
Report Rico-Dangleflaps November 11, 2021 8:24 PM GMT
most certainly didnt have all the room in the world..whether arnott he exploited that theory only he nahs.
Report typhoon ginger November 11, 2021 8:33 PM GMT
His next run or two will tell you exactly what kind of ride it was.
Report basilbrush November 11, 2021 8:43 PM GMT
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt,"
Report Rico-Dangleflaps November 11, 2021 9:59 PM GMT
a horse that deliberately isnt asked for effort is done for 2 reasons..to get it mark dropped or to be laid for prophet..it didnt drift which normally is a gimme.
Report leif November 11, 2021 10:50 PM GMT
His next run or two will tell you exactly what kind of ride it was

watch the last 10, how the mule was cajoled and kept interested to get its head in front on the line.

tongue strapped, sideburns on a lowly 50 rated mule.

follow it over a cliff until the penny drops Sad

the winner had flown in this recent (eyecatcher).

If all the pennies drop right it could win again but as it falls out of the traps every time why bet the the thing pre race?
Report ProSniper November 12, 2021 12:04 AM GMT
Imagine the scene..

we have a court where the accused Mulrennan is being tried. The prosecution lawyer is Mr brushy..vehemently pointing his finger trying to bury the accused for life. The judge and jury are objective professionals who have no axe to grind either way, and are simply there to see that justice is met. The prosecution rambles on and rants as the video evidence of the accused's offence is played to the court, the jury listens to the lies that accompany it(like: "and as you can see, the driver has all the room in the world there"..) and sit with puzzled looks on their faces before they begin whispering to each other: "what's this maniac on about??? the lad is pretty well boxed in")

..and before the defence get their chance to rip the defence apart, the angry judge bangs his gavel and says the following: "Now, look, Mr brushy, you know I've no choice but to throw this nonsense out. You've done nothing but show weak evidence of the accused's guilt, while stomping around here wasting this court's time spewing out desperate idioms where they simply don't fit. Try this sort of shyte again and you'll be the one on trial. And that goes for any other insanely biased, irrational, emotional, pocket talking degenerate."
Report Theoneandonly November 12, 2021 7:57 AM GMT
Not seen the ride in question but interesting Prosniper's above comment has to go into fantasy to make a point to defend a ride of Mulrennan's!
Report hong kong fooey November 12, 2021 9:34 AM GMT
When a jockey has previous as  Mulrennan and Dwyer have. Any bad or ill judged ride will be called out as a non trier.
Report dave1357 November 12, 2021 9:43 AM GMT
Can see why people are annoyed.  The horse was ridden as no doubt instructed until two out (look at the recent c&d win when it dwelt even longer in the stalls).  But then mulrennan, for whatever reason, concluded that it wasn't worth making the same effort as the previous winning jockey.
Report CROPSICK November 12, 2021 2:41 PM GMT
Done it again,just look at the ride on Lahore
Report jamesdean November 12, 2021 2:44 PM GMT
He knows exactly what he is doing ffs
Report Rico-Dangleflaps November 12, 2021 2:44 PM GMT
that was as blatant as it gets..going well 2 out..clear path (seen the hd on)  stops riding then starts riding again 1/2f out.
Report jamesdean November 12, 2021 2:44 PM GMT
The old saying "you make your own luck" applies in reverse with him
Report mukdahan November 12, 2021 2:46 PM GMT
That was a disgrace of a ride of course commentator never picked it up, he’s an absolute disgrace at times mulrennan
Report ballyregan November 12, 2021 2:46 PM GMT
it you want to learn what type of person he is just listen to his youtube vids
Report ItsMeSwaddle November 12, 2021 3:00 PM GMT
I dont get why the stewards aint doing more?

It gets to the point with this jockey where you'd actively steer clear of any of his mounts on the basis its only about 60% likely he will be jigging.

Its hard enough to pick a winner as it is.

He is an absolute top jockey by the way when he wants to be, not questioning his riding skills, just the blatent cheating.
Report ItsMeSwaddle November 12, 2021 3:01 PM GMT
And as for the whole thread those who did say there was nowhere to go, fair enough thats your opinion.

But you can see why the OP and others suspect there is foul play even if there wasnt when incidents like this happen about 3 in every 10 rides with him.
Report sparrow November 12, 2021 3:19 PM GMT
Following the race, Paul Mulrennan reported that LAHORE (USA), unplaced, was denied a clear run continually in the final furlong.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps November 12, 2021 3:35 PM GMT
i seen the hd on..had plenty room either side..absolute bullsh!t.
Report pablo-fanque November 12, 2021 3:39 PM GMT
the "no where to go" stance on the first ride , this is what he does and aims for  and is very good at it , it is why they can't pull him in.

any jockey can see that with 2-3 furlongs to go he can't go to the right as he has 2-3 horse there . in front of him he has a wall of horses, to the left he has the whole of the race track .                           at 1.08 - 1:20 on this reply video https://www.attheraces.com/atrplayer-popup/VOD/1237723   he has a decision to make as to what to do . i think anyone who plays the percentages goes to the left

what do you think ?
Report Rico-Dangleflaps November 12, 2021 3:40 PM GMT
i seen the hd on..had plenty room either side before he eased it.
Report pablo-fanque November 12, 2021 3:44 PM GMT
sorry willie, i was talking about the race the other night

that lahore ride was a disgrace
Report ItsMeSwaddle November 12, 2021 3:49 PM GMT
The stewards spoke to Paul Mulrennan, he reported that he denied himself a clear run.
Report pablo-fanque November 12, 2021 3:50 PM GMT
Grin swaddle
Report sparrow November 12, 2021 3:50 PM GMT
Continually ^^^^^^^^
Report basilbrush November 12, 2021 4:08 PM GMT
Well Im glad around 95% of the people who have commented agree with the topic starter, at least that gives this forum some credibility in a sea of fools. If Mulrennan had at least tried to switch around horses and failed, or gone for a gap that closed this thread wouldnt have even been put up. Knowledgeable people saw what happened, there were no excuses, this jock made absolutely no effort whatsoever at any time during the race and that is his MO.
Report Deptford November 12, 2021 7:07 PM GMT
Again, pure and utter filth.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps November 12, 2021 8:38 PM GMT
if the stewards today accepted his word then they are simply utterly inept and not fit for porpoise.

simple as that.
Report brendrew November 12, 2021 8:49 PM GMT
never seen the head on?-is it as bad as side on.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps November 12, 2021 9:00 PM GMT
he had plenty room either side..
Report ProSniper November 12, 2021 11:58 PM GMT
Had the OP happened today, concerning the ride birdy reported, there would be ZERO defence of the little fiend. While some people are willing to separate the black, white + grey, others are obviously quite happy to lump everything in one pile and ignore/excuse significant differences..
Report smirnoff2therescue November 13, 2021 12:05 AM GMT
soz pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCuhuePlP8o

LoveLove
Report smirnoff2therescue November 13, 2021 12:07 AM GMT
played on ere b4...... i may add LoveLoveLove
Report ProSniper November 13, 2021 12:38 AM GMT
Now THAT is what you call a VOICE, smirny Cool singers like that who have vocal ability to transmit frisson.. Love
Report 11kv November 13, 2021 1:55 PM GMT
Jockeywatch Lingfield.
Report trevorbrooking November 13, 2021 3:12 PM GMT
Mulrennan- He has total control of northern racing being both the best (or at least top three) jockey and also the most cor  rupt . If I ALLEGED he has had over fifty non tries this year I wouldn't be exaggerating. A small circle of people must be very very wealthy due to his exploits. The stewards are a continual embarrassment
Report trevorbrooking November 14, 2021 10:05 AM GMT
Report The Knight November 14, 2021 1:30 PM GMT
Didn't see the ride in question and always reluctant to have a pop at jockeys cos' I've never sat on a horse.

BUT..the jockey in question here has come to my attention in the past for some terrible front-running rides.

Especially at Southwell on the now departed f'sand, I've seen him belt off at much too fast a pace and burst the horse a long way out and that's saying something on a surface where early pace and a good position was a big asset.

Seen the same thing on the turf once or twice, as well. Have no idea whether he is at it or not, but his past judgement of pace has certainly left me wondering if he is the complete article.
Report roggrain November 14, 2021 1:57 PM GMT
Look at the start and you will see he makes no attempt to get the horse out of the stalls on time. 

As for the rest of the ride he had ample opportunity to edge over to the left for a clear run.

The evidence for cheating is not conclusive but the evidence for incompetence is very strong!
Report lead on November 14, 2021 2:00 PM GMT
Judging by who he usually rides for regularly you'd have to assume he has the trainers' blessing
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com