Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
KeMoH
09 Nov 21 14:53
| Topic/replies: 2,757 | Blogger: KeMoH's blog
Went into my local Billy's this morning and had £300 on Trap 6 in the 12.16pm at Central Park at odds of 11/8.

The bet was placed on one of the three betting terminals located within the shop.

The aforementioned Trap 6 was sent off the 8/15f and needless to say, duly obliged.

Seconds after the dog I won, I was called over to the counter by one of the members of staff and informed that their head office had just been in touch.

I'm now banned from betting on William Hill betting terminals in all shops and all future bets I wish to place, must be done so over the counter and rung through for clearance.

Just curious as to how this sort of ban can be enforced? What is stopping me going into a different Billy's and placing an SSBT bet there? And would they cancel and void the bet if I did just that?

Joke outfit imo
Pause Switch to Standard View If you thought being restricted...
Show More
Report slickster November 9, 2021 3:04 PM GMT
Go into any other hills shop. Make sure you have several outfits and wigs to throw them off the scent. Fight fire with fire. Who's going to Know? Lower your stakes as well..
Report KeMoH November 9, 2021 3:05 PM GMT
Wonder if they have circulated a CCTV image of my mug shot to all Billy premises in the local vicinity?
Report the dealer November 9, 2021 3:13 PM GMT
Picture will have been circulated to all local shops but you probably won't be recognised. Lower your stakes and use more than one shop if you can.
Software is quick to detect bets and limits can be set on machines locally.
You may have just been unlucky with the bet being a gamble, maybe they took a few bets on the same dog roughly at the same time, you will be tarred with the same brush.
Report the dealer November 9, 2021 3:15 PM GMT
It's not that an unusual occurrence
Report DancingBraveTheBest November 9, 2021 3:17 PM GMT
Try backing a few losers, youll be ok then.
Report KeMoH November 9, 2021 3:18 PM GMT

Nov 9, 2021 -- 9:15AM, the dealer wrote:

It's not that an unusual occurrence

from a more technical or maybe even legal perspective, if I managed to place an SSBT bet in a different shop, would Billy's have the right to void and cancel any such bet that was placed and be allowed to not pay out if the bet was a winner?

Report the dealer November 9, 2021 3:20 PM GMT
I can't see how they wouldn't pay out in that circumstance and would have thought, if it was the case they didn't pay, you would have seen a case on social media by now
Report saddo November 9, 2021 3:21 PM GMT
Never heard of the place, assumed it was cartoon racing. just looked it up Laugh
Report the dealer November 9, 2021 3:23 PM GMT
Yes although not a massive bet, £300 at there on a gamble would be seen as bad business IMHO
Report GLASGOWCALLING November 9, 2021 3:24 PM GMT
Nice touch by the dog trainer, 11/8 - 8/15 !!
Report the dealer November 9, 2021 3:24 PM GMT
Unless it's your normal bet and you weren't always on a gamble
Report the dealer November 9, 2021 3:28 PM GMT
That's not to say if you put the next bet over the counter you wouldn't get on but you will probably now be ptl all bets
Report KeMoH November 9, 2021 3:33 PM GMT
I wouldn't have minded, but the dog (Trap 6) was available to back on 365 at 2/1 when the first show was put up early this morning!
Report KeMoH November 9, 2021 3:34 PM GMT
I'm going to go back to Billy's later this evening, got a dog lined up running at Towcester. Will see how I get on putting a smaller bet on over the counter (in the same shop) and report back here Laugh
Report the dealer November 9, 2021 3:39 PM GMT
I would imagine 365 wouldn't be accommodating you for long either if most your bets are like that one.
Report The Management November 9, 2021 3:45 PM GMT
They can do whatever they want - they are self regulated.

i.e. If you don't like it who would you complain to, where would you appeal?
Report Pilsudski November 9, 2021 4:14 PM GMT
Apparently (and I don’t know for certain) some of those betting terminals are equipped with a camera.
Report JJmbe November 9, 2021 4:18 PM GMT
I'll take 1.01 at the counter your getting sp only.
Report slickster November 9, 2021 4:28 PM GMT
I strongly I'll advise you going back to the same shop. You will be offered 1.75. Unless you dress up and act like a mug.
Report dr . atkins November 9, 2021 4:33 PM GMT
strange you got 300 on in my local hills its 2 pound max on all greyhound racing on the betting terminals
Report spyker November 9, 2021 4:41 PM GMT
They can do whatever they want - they are self regulated.

As can any business selling any thing or service when it comes to serving customers, never heard of 'We reserve the right to serve who the feck we want?'
Report ItsMeSwaddle November 9, 2021 4:44 PM GMT
What are the GDPR rules regarding your image being circulated? Legal as long as it stays within the company?
Report Andrew.in.Sweden November 9, 2021 4:54 PM GMT
What are the GDPR rules regarding your image being circulated? Legal as long as it stays within the company?

Not in Germany, they are really hot on personal data protection here. An employer is not even allowed to ask employees if they are vaccinated against covid.
Report ballyregan November 9, 2021 4:57 PM GMT
slightly off topic regarding cctv and such my friends son works in factory that has cameras dotted around the factory they have an obsessive manager that watches the cameras at home on his laptop in the evening finding fault with the workers the next day who basically he does not like is he allowed to do this?
they say the cameras are for health and safety and for production targets
the company creates its own rules and say this is lawful seems dodgy imo
Report Rico-Dangleflaps November 9, 2021 5:04 PM GMT

kemoh spotted by security
Report KeMoH November 9, 2021 5:06 PM GMT
Frighteningly accurate Laugh
Report SlippyBlue November 9, 2021 5:08 PM GMT
How times have changed. Back when Hills sponsored a lot of greyhound competitions including the Derby when it was run at Wimbledon you could get whatever you wanted on no problem whatsoever.
Report dking2012 November 9, 2021 6:13 PM GMT
I've been banned from using the terminals in all the hills within 30 min drive (about 15 shops). They regularly distribute cctv images and even my name, I know this because i know talk to the staff at my local and they always tell me when my mugs been circulated (which is often!). Tbf to the hills staff, most of the time they prevent me from using the machines - even if im new to the shop!
Report Numismatist November 9, 2021 6:22 PM GMT

Nov 9, 2021 -- 10:14AM, Pilsudski wrote:

Apparently (and I don’t know for certain) some of those betting terminals are equipped with a camera.

None of them are equipped with a camera.

Report dking2012 November 9, 2021 6:22 PM GMT
Its quite funny really. When I enter a shop the staff press a switch behind the counter which essentially turns the machines off, i'm often told they are down for maintenance - others more blunt telling me not to come into the shop again. Apparently i'm pretty infamous at head office!
Report dking2012 November 9, 2021 6:22 PM GMT
Its quite funny really. When I enter a shop the staff press a switch behind the counter which essentially turns the machines off, i'm often told they are down for maintenance - others more blunt telling me not to come into the shop again. Apparently i'm pretty infamous at head office!
Report dking2012 November 9, 2021 6:23 PM GMT
They have a new version of the machines which have just launched in certain shops - these do have a pinhole camera equipped!
Report dking2012 November 9, 2021 6:23 PM GMT
They have a new version of the machines which have just launched in certain shops - these do have a pinhole camera equipped!
Report Numismatist November 9, 2021 6:33 PM GMT
The design (eye) to add but no physical camera inside them. In the US, there’s a camera in all of the WH (Caesars) SSBT’s and used for remote monitoring.
Report the dealer November 9, 2021 6:36 PM GMT
I think facial recognition will come but when?
Report Numismatist November 9, 2021 6:41 PM GMT
WH stopped its facial recognition trial at the start of 2020. The technology wasn’t good enough (too many false positives, and accuracy issues, particularly among different ethnicities) No thirst from the industry to invest in a joint solution and can’t see that changing any time soon.
Report the dealer November 9, 2021 6:45 PM GMT
Cheers mate, I didn't realise that
Report dking2012 November 9, 2021 6:48 PM GMT
I was told the camera would likely not be used to prevent a customer betting, but allow a trader decide to accept a customers bet if its over the limits allowed. (again this is just from staff - can't confirm if true)
Report Numismatist November 9, 2021 6:51 PM GMT

Nov 9, 2021 -- 12:48PM, dking2012 wrote:

I was told the camera would likely not be used to prevent a customer betting, but allow a trader decide to accept a customers bet if its over the limits allowed. (again this is just from staff - can't confirm if true)

Think the staff are having you on.

Report the dealer November 9, 2021 6:55 PM GMT
I agree or they have made a pretty big assumption based on no facts Grin
Report jackboo November 9, 2021 7:02 PM GMT
why not bet with betfair
Report stewarty b November 9, 2021 7:03 PM GMT
Excuse my ignorance but when did these terminals come into play. Or let me put it another way. Could I walk into a billys and put, say 1k on a 5/4 chance and the bet would be accepted? If it won I would expect to be restricted but would this be possible?
Report s.kenbo November 9, 2021 7:07 PM GMT
The prices on those machines are abysmal.
Report the dealer November 9, 2021 7:09 PM GMT
You can place £1k over the counter after 11.00 am in shop without referral
Report pablo-fanque November 9, 2021 7:20 PM GMT
dking , what are you doing for them to ban you ?
Report Rico-Dangleflaps November 9, 2021 7:20 PM GMT
at what odds tom?
Report stewarty b November 9, 2021 7:25 PM GMT
at what odds tom?

Iwas thinking the same steve. I can't get  on that amount unless, perhaps, a 1k treble. 1/3/1/3 and 1/3.
Report ronnie rails November 9, 2021 7:25 PM GMT
Good evening guys and gals

the ssbts are one of Corals kpis sad to say the area manager said how come not many of the shop punters are  betting on them i said if one of them put a ton on a horse on one of them  would they get bpg or double result i may as well be talking to the man on the moon.

hope you are all well looking forward to 4 days in Cheltenham.

regards

Ronnie.
Report dking2012 November 9, 2021 7:26 PM GMT
I guess its beside the point if the machines have a camera or not. If you show you have an idea about betting, it would likely result in your cctv image being sent across all the local shops to exclude from using them. Its obvious they serve the purpose to take customer mug football accas. I lost £4k+ to one machine the other day, I suspect even despite that I won't be welcome next time I visit the shop
Report the dealer November 9, 2021 7:27 PM GMT

Nov 9, 2021 -- 1:20PM, Rico-Dangleflaps wrote:

at what odds tom?

Between evens and 3/1

Report dking2012 November 9, 2021 7:28 PM GMT
Pablo - i just take value bets. If a store staff backs me off, i'm friendly and leave the shop as they wish.
Report ronnie rails November 9, 2021 7:30 PM GMT
Dking

A guy comes into the shop has 3 200 bets all beat comes in 3 days later pony max.

Ronnie.
Report pablo-fanque November 9, 2021 7:36 PM GMT
thanks dking

genuine question, are you arbing ?

4k loss in one machine in a day is a bit much for anyone
Report dking2012 November 9, 2021 7:40 PM GMT
No arbitrage. I'm up significantly more than £4k, I know placing my bets long term will generate a good profit. the loss was tough to swallow but even value bets lose sometimes.
Report know all November 9, 2021 10:29 PM GMT
I think facial recognition will come but when?

w hill leeds train station notice was on the door, unless its changed
Report Numismatist November 10, 2021 12:13 AM GMT

Nov 9, 2021 -- 4:29PM, know all wrote:

I think facial recognition will come but when?w hill leeds train station notice was on the door, unless its changed

If it’s still on the door at Leeds Train Station (aka Square), must be a legacy sign. There’s a shop I know with a ‘betting tax is axed’ still on display from 20 years ago.

Report pmbets November 10, 2021 1:43 AM GMT
If you have a winning bet and they place your photo with different shops this would be illegal.
If you find they are doing this you should go to the police and also take legal action.
Only people who asked to be I.d.'d i.e people to self exclude from the FOBT's can
have their picture passed around the shops.
Report impossible123 November 10, 2021 8:26 AM GMT
I think if I'd been told to only place future bets at the counter I'd not be using ssbt in that shop or company either, why? 1stly, if a bet was successful it'd be settled as sp, and paid out. It'd even be voided as you're warned prior.

Why would you want to go thro these uncertain hoops? Placing a winning bet was sufficently taxing, and one could do without the uncertainties derived. This would be my take. Why bother with the firm when there're other bookies around unless you're being monitored.
Report brassneck November 11, 2021 2:03 PM GMT
THE MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE."If this notice is not displayed in a bookie office you have a case of discrimination against you ,more so because it was your local bookie's office.As my good friend Harry Findlay will tell you ,pretend to be a mug,and back a few losers before hitting them hard with the racing certainties.Grin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com