Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ashleigh
31 Oct 21 12:15
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: ashleigh's blog
nothing against the bloke,sure he is an excellent paddock judge, down as working for william hill radio and itv, but how can ken warrant being up for broadcaster of the year against,

lydia hislop
john hunt
nick luck
jamie lynch
stewart machin
rishi persad
Pause Switch to Standard View Ken Pitterson
Show More
Report themightymac December 27, 2021 2:38 PM GMT
I agree with CW. He is giving his much valued opinion on fitness. Was Shiskin fully fit today? NEVER. It badly needed the race.
Report GLASGOWCALLING December 27, 2021 2:42 PM GMT
All queueing up to comment now Grin

Go through all my posts Sparrow, stayed on the same theme throughout that Ken is a cross between Mystic Meg and

Gypsy Rose Lee. Happy
Report themightymac December 27, 2021 2:45 PM GMT
We listen to Hislop, Steadman, Fitzgerald and co battering out cliches on a daily basis. If I had one pound for every time these clowns said, "The 2/5 shot looks the one to beat", I would be a millionaire. Like Celtic Warrior said is true, give the guy a break. He never said that it wouldn't win, he said it wasn't fully fit and would come on for the race. Which is true. Opposition were bang average lot.
Report themightymac December 27, 2021 2:45 PM GMT
We listen to Hislop, Steadman, Fitzgerald and co battering out cliches on a daily basis. If I had one pound for every time these clowns said, "The 2/5 shot looks the one to beat", I would be a millionaire. Like Celtic Warrior said is true, give the guy a break. He never said that it wouldn't win, he said it wasn't fully fit and would come on for the race. Which is true. Opposition were bang average lot.
Report themightymac December 27, 2021 2:54 PM GMT
Glasgow

Gypsy Rose Lee was very good. She said way back in the 19TH century that no horse with a name starting with a "W" would ever win The Derby until a year after her death.

Not a lot of people know that Crazy

She died in 1933 and what horse won The Derby in 1934?

....... Now that is what you call tipping!
Report themightymac December 27, 2021 3:35 PM GMT
.... And all the googlers looking up what horse won the 1934 Derby, it was the only runner in the race beginning with the letter "W".
Report 1st time poster December 27, 2021 4:51 PM GMT
ken is either an
absolute moron
loves himself
or has no friends telling him what an absolute idiot he looks all for the sake of a once a weeki 30 second clip bait
Report iswearitsoath December 27, 2021 5:34 PM GMT
folk on here are very harsh on Ken

presumably I'm the only one that thinks Shiskin will need more if he is to win the QM?

form of that race looks very suspect to me. Greaneteen, though clearly not a Shishkin, didn't appear to run his race
Report The Management December 27, 2021 6:35 PM GMT
I agree with you iswearitsoath - He's won a four horse race today where only two of the four could win and the other one that could win has not run his race.

Shiskin might well be a "special horse" (only time will tell) but people don't like to wait and see anymore, they like to get carried away. The sport now is all about hyper hyperbole, "heroes", "special horses", "best ever", "champions"  and "the road to Cheltenham".
Report iswearitsoath December 27, 2021 7:11 PM GMT
My thoughts exactly, The Management.

In today's world of instant gratification, every horse's performance, every winning ride has to be the best ever witnessed. There's just no context. Shishkin's clearly a star, but I think he'll be better over a little further ideally, and while his jumping is exciting and athletic, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the open ditches or the water catching him out in a Champion Chase (much like Azertyioup over the water jump).
Report ballyregan December 27, 2021 8:11 PM GMT
Ken cannot lose he can say what he likes no one keeps notes on the strikerates of his negative or positive looking runners
the boy done well
Report snowynoon December 27, 2021 10:06 PM GMT
Though i dont read too much into his paddock observations ,some comments a bit harsh as its not his decision that he be interviewed regularly on ITV now ,and if they are paying him ,why should he turn it down ? Just a guy trying to make a living ,like most of us.
Report onlooker December 27, 2021 10:09 PM GMT
ballyregan 31 Oct 21 12:25 

watch alot of racing here but the only ken i know is the landlord in earlydoors

GrinHappy
Report irishone December 28, 2021 9:44 AM GMT
the hype is causing problems for henderson
he uses the words "nerves" and "worried"in his interviews

there is a problem with shiskin
the jumping isnt where it needs to be
why the two tears before the last ?

you will know if its a problem before cheltenham
willie will pull his out if it aint
Report Manoleeds December 28, 2021 4:27 PM GMT
Tony Calvin on Wednesday's racing "Sharjah is the hot favourite to win his fourth consecutive Matheson Hurdle at 14:20 and, given he was apparently as big as a bull beforehand - don't get me started on paddock watchers, as we will be here all day ...."
I take it Tony isn't into it?
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 December 28, 2021 8:39 PM GMT
I was at Haydock a couple of Saturdays back and looking at the runners in the first race. Green Book looked like a little rat compared to the others, it was a fast rat and sluiced up. Thankfully I am a better judge of women!
Report Cardinal Scott December 29, 2021 5:13 PM GMT
There are dozens and dozens of individuals on the nags gravy train who bring nothing of value, some of them have been embedded on the nags gravy train for 30+ years. Ken is not one of them. If Ken also ticks the diversity box why is that a bad thing?
Report sparrow December 29, 2021 5:18 PM GMT
Agree with Cardinal Scott.
Report pulio December 29, 2021 5:53 PM GMT
Is Pimmy still on wh radio? Didn't listen for some time
Report differentdrum December 29, 2021 8:24 PM GMT
Should box ticking trump fairness? Surely the best person for any job should get the gig, irrespective of the colour of their skin? If the two coincide then fair enough, but is that happening? I very much doubt it.
Report swiftynifty December 29, 2021 8:29 PM GMT
Box ticking trumps product and presentation.
Report mrspock December 29, 2021 9:22 PM GMT
Most of the presenter's in horseracing  are 3rd rate,compared to most other sports;examples_ Tanya Steveenson (boyfriend was in the management of Channel 4 racing) Lesley Grantham ( wife of a trainer) Alice Plonket ( knows everyone in racing!) Ed Chamberlain - in a distinguished  list of gravey trainers-probably the worst you could hope for if you were after any inteligent info on the race in hand.

If those in charge of programming at ITV think having someone like Mat Chapman giving you the latest odds is essential to a racing programme,( which are by the way on the screen anyway)then you obiously don't know what most people watching actually want.
Report Celtic warrior December 29, 2021 9:41 PM GMT
mrspock

you give perfect examples below. the real intelligent ones are the race commentators themselves and only them. I think most of them are worth every penny. Richard Hoiles is excellent when he is on the itv 'MORNING LINE'.

Mr bell is okay as a baselevel presenter i suppose. again got there through nepotism

rishi is a very good and likeable frontman

i would guess that nick lucky has a tad of nepotism behind him, but thats only a guess

lydia surely has some nepotism as her grandmother loved horse racing

btw does anyone know what alastair down is doing these days?
Report mrspock December 29, 2021 10:03 PM GMT
Celtic Warrior- I would agree with most of what you say,apart from Mr bell(end)- his antics are pretty juvenile,but he's been demoted due to his daliance with Hayley Turner;he was b**king the fragant Francesca C at the time also.
One doesn't mind the nepotism as long as they have the skills for the job.
Report LoyalHoncho December 30, 2021 1:26 PM GMT
Sorry, can't have Bell.  He spends more time looking at the camera than the interviewee and boy does he love himself.  A lightweight.
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 April 8, 2022 2:02 PM BST
Was he on yesterday or has the diversity budget been used on the mincing fashion expert?
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! April 8, 2022 2:04 PM BST
LGBT
Laugh
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 April 8, 2022 2:40 PM BST
Is that Kens daughter?
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! April 8, 2022 2:54 PM BST
Venetias TIPPED
Grin
Report hulk23 April 8, 2022 2:54 PM BST
all four are looking in great shape ... thanks Kenneth
Report impossible123 April 8, 2022 2:55 PM BST
Who's he? A professional punter or racing journalist? If the former bookies nemesis?
Report hulk23 April 8, 2022 3:12 PM BST
all four are looking in great shape ... thanks Kenneth

the 2 favs ran like they were drunk.  all looked in great shape though, what is the point of this man ?
Report DancingBraveTheBest April 8, 2022 3:14 PM BST
The point is something we are not allowed to mention......anyway id do it for half his fee and give a better opinionHappy
Report impossible123 April 8, 2022 3:23 PM BST
A pop-up like him gets paid for feeding trash to tv audience? Now wonder the game is in a spiral decline.
Report geoff m April 8, 2022 6:07 PM BST
How did he get on in bropadcaster of the year. His contribution has been immeasurable   i.e if yer blink yer miss it, and probably glad you did..

The dark art of paddock watching. WALOFS>
Report Rico-Dangleflaps April 8, 2022 6:19 PM BST
he said seasset was fat as a pig other day..hacked up.
Report sparrow April 8, 2022 6:43 PM BST
Ken has always been a burning issue for the forum.  Never a week goes by without a mention of him. Grin
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 April 8, 2022 7:25 PM BST
Before you get on lefty-woke soapbox, my issues are

1. He is crap at the job
2. Itv just filling a quota and not getting best man for the job!!
Report sparrow April 8, 2022 7:38 PM BST
So many issues for you these days, Mr Gravy.
Report hulk23 April 8, 2022 7:41 PM BST
usual BS from any of the racing media. if he sticks up a winner its all "another one for Ken". 

calls a loser its never getting mentioned. that's not just ken, that's industry wide.
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 April 8, 2022 7:44 PM BST
Issues are yours Sparrow, your trade union comrades will be turning in their graves.
Report sparrow April 8, 2022 8:09 PM BST
And who might they be, Mr Gravy?    Are you familiar with trade union history in some way as I can't wait to hear about my comrades that you speak of.
Report basilbrush April 8, 2022 8:20 PM BST
Good luck to him, Ken is taking advantage of positive discrimination (latter day reparations).
Report LoyalHoncho April 8, 2022 8:39 PM BST
Cardinal Scott   29 Dec    21 17
There are dozens and dozens of individuals on the nags gravy train who bring nothing of value, some of them have been embedded on the nags gravy train for 30+ years. Ken is not one of them. If Ken [b]also
ticks the diversity box why is that a bad thing?[/b]

Ken most certainly is one of them.  Indeed he is probably the biggest one of them.  Which renders your use of the word also as flippant and irrelevant.
Report hulk23 April 8, 2022 8:46 PM BST
if his input was worth a sausage he'd have used it to make himself one of the richest people on the planet.  but there he is pimping himself to anyone that cares to listen ...
Report Rico-Dangleflaps April 8, 2022 9:14 PM BST
bigger than mandingo i heard..
Report Facts April 9, 2022 12:03 AM BST

ballyregan 31 Oct 21 12:25 
watch alot of racing here but the only ken i know is the landlord in earlydoors

"To the Regiment "Cool
Report casemoney April 9, 2022 2:25 AM BST
"bigger than mandingo i heard"

A friend of mine was standing next to Ken in the Bogs at Newmarket  , Said it was like a fire hose being rolled out .. 

Rico spot on again .
Report LoyalHoncho April 9, 2022 3:24 AM BST
It;s got wendy tattooed on it I heard.
Report geoff m April 9, 2022 1:15 PM BST
Ken now on virtual Grand national.
Wonder if he will give paddock comments.

Dessie only won once left handed.  Aye gold cup on ground totally against him.
Report casemoney April 9, 2022 1:29 PM BST
Kens becoming the Main man on the Channel , Ed will be shifted

With a bit of Luck Grin
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 April 12, 2022 1:48 PM BST
Where's Ken???

I wanted him to confirm that all 12 runners look fit and there are no negatives!
Report 1st time poster April 12, 2022 1:58 PM BST
i,m sure its just coincidence but kens shoes are always covered in horse and dog shoite Laugh
Report Manoleeds April 12, 2022 3:31 PM BST
Ken's gone for Tom Segal's pick
Report GLASGOWCALLING April 12, 2022 3:38 PM BST
.... " eased down to a virtual walk " !!!  Shocked
Report casemoney April 16, 2022 2:35 PM BST
Ken Knew
Report Whippin Piccadilly April 16, 2022 3:11 PM BST
Much prefer Ken to Ed. At least the guy actually offers something to the viewer.
Report casemoney April 16, 2022 3:11 PM BST
Selection 2nd ran well
Report casemoney April 16, 2022 3:13 PM BST
Only mentioned the 2nd and the winner
Report LoyalHoncho April 17, 2022 2:02 AM BST
Will Ken soon be presenting the Morning Show?
Stutter, stammer, err, not come in his coat yet ( the horse, not Chappers ), err, stutter.
Report jimmythewon April 17, 2022 8:10 AM BST
To Gravy and some other clueless posters (including the ill motivated): KP does not TIP. He tells you (in his opinion) which runners are looking well and which are not. That is not "tipping". If you are unaware that a horse can lokk "unfurnished" or "small" or "not come in her coat" and than for daid animal to trot up, you really need some educating about horses. You also have the right to ignore his comments and move on.
Report chavman April 17, 2022 8:54 AM BST
i think hes alright,hes only assessing a horses well being in its visual condition,its up to you whether you factor that into your personal opinion on a horses chance.
Report Celtic warrior April 17, 2022 11:22 AM BST
Leave ken alone. Hes a nice chap who does a very good specific job. One of the good guys who you will always see on course, always happy and smiling too. Maybe some people are just plain old fashioned jealous
Report sparrow April 17, 2022 11:26 AM BST
Surprises me how many people on here can continual moan about this man.
Report sparrow April 17, 2022 11:26 AM BST
*continually.
Report LoyalHoncho April 17, 2022 3:46 PM BST
I agree he;s likeable but is he necessary is the question.  No is my answer.  Spotted by someone amidst all the hysteria about not enough black representation in racing and he ticks a box - no more than that for me.  My racing experience is not enriched by anyone telling me whose coat is gleaming best.
And I have taken the advice and ignored a pointless comment and moved on.
Report A_T April 17, 2022 4:35 PM BST
excellent paddock judge
Report jimnast April 17, 2022 5:19 PM BST
Correct Celtic
Report CROPSICK April 17, 2022 5:42 PM BST
Agreed
Report GLASGOWCALLING April 17, 2022 9:33 PM BST
  excellent paddock judge

Er I think you find being the only one shown on TV he has what you might call cornered the market, from the few times

I have heard him I would call him Mediocre to Poor.
Report blackbarn April 17, 2022 9:46 PM BST
Glasgow - Where were you, when you heard & saw what he saw and disagreed with his view. Just wondering?
Report GLASGOWCALLING April 17, 2022 9:53 PM BST
.I know what you are lmplying bb, but you can hardly make your living out of just describing a horses condition without backing you judgement with hard cash, surely that is the whole purpose of it.
Report madhatters April 17, 2022 10:03 PM BST
Nice bloke
Nowt against him

But his paddock highlights leave something to be desired
Wouldn't follow him at all
And i know nowt about a horses coat, hat or tie
More negatives would be more helpful Grin
Ones with 3 legs - in market ?
Report blackbarn April 17, 2022 10:12 PM BST
I am not implying anything. You said "from the few times I have heard him I would describe him as mediocre to poor". I was merely wondering if you were on course when you formed this view or you were just disagreeing with him from the TV. I am not sure if he bets but he does seem to be making a little income from what he does.
Report GLASGOWCALLING April 17, 2022 11:01 PM BST
Yes, going by the times I have seen him on the TV, maybe half a dozen times. As I say it's hard to judge how good he is because he is the ONLY one.
Report hulk23 April 18, 2022 1:01 AM BST
Maybe some people are just plain old fashioned jealous

ken will remain a 'box ticking exercise' until ken can show us kens £15m pad in London's Bishops Avenue, kens Pagani Huayra, kens Gulfstream 550 private jet and kens own island just off Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - all bought and paid for through kens superior paddock watching ability  ....
Report A_T June 3, 2022 3:13 PM BST
Ken likes Pyledriver and Hukum here
Report A_T June 3, 2022 3:16 PM BST
Ken knew Cool
Report geoff m June 3, 2022 3:17 PM BST
a 1,2 for Ken.
Report elise June 3, 2022 3:18 PM BST
ken's just ordered a gulfstream
Report swiftynifty June 3, 2022 3:21 PM BST
sodastream more like.
Report SlippyBlue June 3, 2022 3:24 PM BST
Well done K.P.
Report casemoney June 3, 2022 3:59 PM BST
Kens got the game by the Bollix .
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! June 3, 2022 3:59 PM BST
Devil
Report sparrow June 3, 2022 4:05 PM BST
Yes its the ITV and Ken again, Episode 782.Plain
Report impossible123 June 3, 2022 4:30 PM BST
He's sweet on Holly and Nashwa. He also likes Emily Upjohn. Take your pick.
Report A_T June 3, 2022 4:30 PM BST
ken goes for nashwa
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! June 3, 2022 4:31 PM BST
fav drifting
Shocked
Report A_T June 3, 2022 4:41 PM BST
ken the man for the each-way shrewdies
Report Crawford June 3, 2022 4:42 PM BST
Chear spucker.
Report Gibberish June 3, 2022 4:46 PM BST
He seems a knowledgeable and inoffensive bloke but has he ever
selected a paddock-pick that's not near the head of the betting?

I suspect he'd be fcuked if he couldn't see the number cloth.
It's a cliche-ridden yawnfest every time they ask him for an opinion.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! June 4, 2022 3:34 PM BST
Must be on holiday today
Laugh
Report A_T June 4, 2022 3:36 PM BST
he'll be consulted before the Derby. Ken = money-printing machine
Report Manoleeds June 4, 2022 3:54 PM BST
"Desert Crown and Stone Age look well "
Report swiftynifty June 4, 2022 3:57 PM BST
Do people know that KEN PITTERSON is an anagram of

NO KEN TIPSTER     

how ironic.
Report Try My Best June 4, 2022 3:58 PM BST
LaughLaughLaughClassic
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! June 4, 2022 4:14 PM BST
Desert Crown looks
MAGNIFICENT
Grin
Report wallis June 4, 2022 4:44 PM BST
Put up Desert Crown (NAP) and Westover.  Would have had the forecast if Hornby hadnt made a complete mess of it :(
Report The Spinmaster June 5, 2022 9:36 AM BST
Ken knew.
Report A_T June 5, 2022 10:09 AM BST
so ken 1/2 in the coronation, each-way in the oaks, 1/3 in the derby. money-printing machine.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com