Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
big aitch
22 Oct 21 17:49
| Topic/replies: 6,763 | Blogger: big aitch's blog
they thought it was really funny when they all said the second was the winner, morons
Pause Switch to Standard View Hillarious putting everyone away
Show More
Report themightymac October 22, 2021 7:38 PM BST
I remember in the 70s or 80s a trainer was asked pre race on ITV about his horse.

"Will need the race and will come on for the run. Don`t expect it to win today".

Horse romps home and he is back on telly immediately after the finish in an excited state.

"I knew it would win, Biggest certainty that I have ever ran!".

WAC.
Report Lucky Luciano October 23, 2021 10:30 AM BST
TMM
I think they was Geoff Huffer and if it wasn’t him you was thinking of he definitely said something similar
Report themightymac October 23, 2021 2:17 PM BST
That was him Lucky. I was going to bet it and he put me away. That is why I still remember it. I cursed him that day. I couldn`t remember the name but as soon as I seen your reply I remembered. Was he not a drummer in a pop group or was that someone else?
Report ali1959 October 23, 2021 2:22 PM BST
Was the horse Persian Heights in the old Juddmonte at York?
Report themightymac October 23, 2021 2:28 PM BST
tbh Ali, I can`t remember the name but for some reason I was thinking it was at Newmarket?
Report freddiewilliams October 23, 2021 2:46 PM BST
Bad barsteward
Report Lucky Luciano October 23, 2021 2:51 PM BST
I would have said Newmarket as well, can’t remember name but always stuck in my memory.
To say that on tv made him lower than a snakes belly in my eyes
Report Llamedos October 23, 2021 2:52 PM BST
Joined: 05 Apr 02 | Topic/replies: 30,150 | Blogger: themightymac's blog
That was him Lucky. I was going to bet it and he put me away. That is why I still remember it. I cursed him that day. I couldn`t remember the name but as soon as I seen your reply I remembered. Was he not a drummer in a pop group or was that someone else?
You may be thinking of Richard Hannon senior who was briefly the drummer for the Troggs before they became famous
Report themightymac October 23, 2021 3:22 PM BST
Thanks Llamedos. Troggs rings a bell.

Same here Lucky. Lots of trainers keep their cards close to their chests which is fair enough but to act in that manner is the actions of a snake indeed and sticks in the memory. He lost all credibility and all respect from punters that day.
Report Mick Sturbs October 23, 2021 3:43 PM BST
Well he told me Cockney Rebel would win the guineas  and it did
Report Alices October 23, 2021 3:47 PM BST
Youre right Mightymac, Geoff Huffer was a drummer with Mungo Jerry.
Report themightymac October 23, 2021 3:52 PM BST
Cheers Alices. I thought that.

He was a very good trainer and tbf probably regretted his actions before and especially after the race.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com