Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
andy cap
20 Oct 21 12:35
| Topic/replies: 468 | Blogger: andy cap's blog
This may sound trivial. How can you stop the cookie pop up at the bottom of the screen coming on when logging into betfair , thanks in advanced
Pause Switch to Standard View cookie pop up
Show More
Report dave1357 October 20, 2021 1:02 PM BST
by clicking on one of the boxes. You could disable javascript, but I doubt the rest of the site would work. There are plugins that claim to block cookie popups, but there is a chance they harvest your data.
Report andy cap October 20, 2021 5:36 PM BST
Thank you.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps October 20, 2021 7:38 PM BST
internet cookies, are built specifically for Internet web browsers to track, personalize, and save information about each user's session.
Report Ramruma October 20, 2021 8:16 PM BST
If you get the pop-up every time, then you have probably configured your browser to delete all cookies whenever you exit. You might be able to make an exception for Betfair. What browser do you use?
Report Rico-Dangleflaps October 20, 2021 9:29 PM BST
chrome
Report Ramruma October 21, 2021 1:56 AM BST
tbh easiest is to do what I do and cheat. Use one browser for one site, and another for others. Set the options accordingly.

The trouble with being too clever with obscure options is they are liable to change at the next browser update, as I have found to my cost.

Now I use Chrome for Betfair, Firefox for mail, and Edge for the Racing Post. If you want to be really clever (or stupid, with hindsight) you can even use a virtual machine for certain purposes. I use a VM for Raceform Interactive but that is largely for historical reasons.
Report andy cap October 21, 2021 3:49 PM BST
Thanks for the replies, all helpful
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com