Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 9 people viewing this thread.
penzance
16 Oct 21 22:36
| Topic/replies: 11,759 | Blogger: penzance's blog
He's been charged by the BHA,what happens?
Does he get a ban or fine?
cheers.
Pause Switch to Standard View Robbie Dunne/Bryony Frost...
Show More
Report Somerset Sam December 7, 2021 8:57 PM GMT
I'm getting sickened by every passing day as those within the industry continue to gather in number to circle the wagons to persuade those on the outside that all's well and there's nothing to report on.

The behaviour of the senior jockeys in the weighing room in particular needs calling out. No IJF Christmas cards or memorabilia getting bought by me this year, probably ever again given how sickened I'm getting of their attitude. I'd urge anyone of a similar mindset not to buy either.

I used to be in awe of the skill and bravery of those within the weighing room, both male and female, the constant denial and refusal to accept that things need to change mean I've lost all respect for those who fail to speak out, both now and who turned a blind eye in the past.

What if it was there sister or partner that felt wronged? The actual result of the hearing is going to be largely irrelevant as the sport continues to damage itself from the inside out, the fallout of which could be for years to come.
Report truehoncho December 7, 2021 8:57 PM GMT
Because obviously it doesn't look good for him.

But yet his supporters don't see it as evidence of bullying. Crazy
  --  I'm not sure about that. It's a legal process now and everyone is being coached not to say anything that will harm their defence/case. It clearly isn't evidence of bullying (even if it was a little crass) but anything he said would have been twisted.
Report Wesdag December 7, 2021 8:59 PM GMT
Agreed.

Dickie Johnson has done himself no favours.
Report Wesdag December 7, 2021 9:00 PM GMT
^ to SS
Report LoyalHoncho December 7, 2021 9:06 PM GMT
Ok sparrow.  Sorry and no offence meant.  This is a great medium but we all misunderstand or misinterpret from time to time.  Good luck and be happy.
Report duffy December 7, 2021 9:08 PM GMT
Got a bloke who's happy to take his towel off in front of her exposing himself in an obvious attempt at intimidation, doesn't mind threatening her with violence and some on here reckon mediation would be a reasonable approach.

Fook me, even her old man reckoned banging their heads together would have sufficed, can you imagine your daughter coming home and telling you that some bloke had done that?? my advice wouldn't be to have a chat about itAngryDunne appears to be utter filth but her old man doesn't come out of this too cleverly either.
Report sparrow December 7, 2021 9:17 PM GMT
Fair enough, loyal.
Report WHOKNOWSTHEBOWLER December 7, 2021 9:29 PM GMT
Bryony Frost has a publicist, say no more...clearly had her head turned by the woke ITV people (Chamberlain ?), who all stand to gain from a "sensationalist story" Funny how all the people who witnessed the interactions say Frost wasn't upset stayed in the mens dressing room etc.
This is an argument that has got out of hand  has festered on instead of being nipped in the bud.. and now you have this ridiculous case.
Clearly Frost rubs people up the wrong way, I remember  Paul Nicholls once  saying too long in her company drives you mad.
Report Somerset Sam December 7, 2021 10:14 PM GMT
I remember  Paul Nicholls once  saying too long in her company drives you mad

That's as maybe but it does not excuse the banter/cheap laughs/bullying that's been alleged to have gone on. The attempt from within the sport to shut down any criticism of what goes on in the confines of the weighing room do the sport no favours whatsoever either and that's where my anger and disappointment is mainly aimed.

Not one person, past or present, seems willing or able to accept that what's being reported is "out of the ordinary". In the year 2021 it most definitely is or certainly should be.

We all work beside people we might not like or agree with, but we all have to tolerate each other. Weighing room frolics or hierarchy don't cut it nowadays I'm afraid.

The truth will end up in the middle like most things in life, it does not explain or excuse past or present beliefs or behaviours from within the sport.
Report mitolo December 7, 2021 10:31 PM GMT
this sorry episode reflects well in no direction. and im not sure she 'rubs people up the wrong way'. does dunne? noboby knows because he doesnt get any publicity. but he is a bit of a berk, according yo rumour.

shes right in what she complains about, but she has recourse unavailable to a male jockey i know who couldnt do this. the valet blacklist would have been total. so he pretends he got a fall, not a beating.

there are privileges in being a female jokey
Report irishone December 7, 2021 10:54 PM GMT
This makes the joke called the BHA look more out of touch than ever. Frost has clearly prejudiced proceedings and the outcome of the gamble she has taken on behalf of wokists and the silly UK social media will lie not at the feet of the bha but within the general public' s opinion.
Her rides on Frodon highlighted interest in her and the revelations came after the king george that she won on boxing day. So racings golden gal (not a touch on rachel btw) saw her popularity rise a lot quicker than the number of rides she got.....a strange one indeed !
The post race bolleaux and the false smile drew feminists and wokists alike, but those she accused had no chance to play p r but any irrational judgements on social media were far more likely to support her.
Anyone in Jump racing will argue its tough, pressurised and stressful .....somewhat non-sensical that a jumps jockey should be close to tears giving evidence ?Surely swearing, disagreements, raised voices, harsh words are an everyday occurence where competitors get changed together.?  Does that make it sexist, bullying or unacceptable..... It might be in a normal workplace ....but race riding is no normal workplace

I still cant help thinking she's feigning outrage, and seeking more attention for herself.
Report Chadfan December 7, 2021 11:12 PM GMT
OMG, these NH jockeys (mostly southern based) need a reality check.
They think they are tough and can say and do what they like. Try a 12 hour stint in A&E or on a covid ward.
Join the real world guys, and Richard Johnson, I thought he was better than that.
It's now a total fiasco and joke, and BF is the scapegoat.
Report carrot1960 December 7, 2021 11:29 PM GMT
Robbie Dunne rejected accusations that he bullied and was sexually inappropriate towards Bryony Frost, as his British Horseracing Authority disciplinary hearing continued on Tuesday.

Dunne, who denies all charges relating to prejudicial conduct and two of the three relating to violent and threatening behaviour, said no allegations of any wrongdoing had been made against him until September 8, 2020.

This was the day after he allegedly received a phone call from someone with a “West Country accent” in which the jockey said he was told his legs would be broken if he did not stop harassing Frost. Dunne claims those connected with the call had “gone too far” and the bullying accusations were then made.

However, Louis Weston, representing the BHA, said this could not be the case as Dunne’s alleged bullying of Frost had begun long before then, and he referenced a tweet Dunne sent ahead of the 2020 Virtual Grand National in which he appeared to single out Frost.

The tweet read: “If Yala Enki wins this cartoon race, wonder will the interview be as far fetched as they do be in the real race?”.

While Dunne conceded the tweet was unprofessional, he denied it was an act of bullying.

Weston also highlighted races in which both Dunne and Frost rode, during which it was alleged there were instances of intimidating riding from Dunne. He was also accused of exposing himself to Frost in the changing rooms and using foul and abusive language to her, allegedly threatening to “put her through a wing”.

Dunne disagreed when it was put to him by Weston that fellow rider Gavin Sheehan had called him the “class clown” of the weighing room and a “p***-taker” and it was the fact Frost refused to back down to him that caused the initial ill feeling.

Weston said: “That is the reason you picked on her, isn’t it? Because she was brave enough to stand up to you.”

While Dunne did admit to being naked in front of Frost, he rejected the allegation she made last week that he “shook himself” in front of her.

When Dunne said: “It’s not against the law to shake yourself, is it?”, Weston replied: “I’m not joking, Mr Dunne.”

Responding to the evidence of a fence attendant at Stratford who on July 8, 2020 claimed to have heard Dunne call Frost a “f****** slut”, Dunne said he may have misheard him say “keep f****** straight” as he believed Frost had cut across him in the race.

Dunne admitted telling Frost he would “put her through a wing” following a race at Southwell last year. This came after his mount, Cillian’s Well, suffered a fatal fall which he blamed on Frost and her mount Wisecracker jumping repeatedly to their left.

But the 36-year-old said it was a figure of speech, the likes of which is heard on a daily basis in the weighing room, and it did not mean he was going to physically harm her.

“I may have had a bit of road rage,” he said.

Describing Frost’s riding style in his statement, Dunne had said “she is very talented but on occasions she rides irresponsibly and when she does she causes risks and danger to other jockeys. That is not just my view, it is widely held by other jockeys.”

Fellow riders Tom Scudamore, Nico de Boinville, Ben Poste and Lucy Gardner, as well as former jockeys Richard Johnson and Lizzie Kelly, all gave evidence on Tuesday, along with master valet Chris Maude.

He told the panel he had been approached by Frost’s father, former jockey turned trainer Jimmy, to “bang their heads together and sort this out”, although Jimmy Frost denied in his statement the first part and recalled he asked Maude only to “sort it out”.

With the help of former champion jockey Johnson, Maude said he had planned a meeting at Kempton for Frost and Dunne to resolve their differences but Frost pulled out on the day.

Johnson, who appeared in person, said: “I didn’t speak to Jimmy or Bryony, Chris Maude did – I was was just trying to help. The weighing room is a close-knit community.

“I knew about the Southwell race and I heard Robbie speak to her after the race, but incidents like that happen once or twice a day. He was having a go at her because he felt she caused his horse to fall. I can’t recall the words, but he was upset and felt her horse had jumped across his.”

Maude added that three valets who gave evidence at the hearing last week – Graham Piper, his nephew Lewis Piper and Mark Sinfield – had declined to work for Frost at Fontwell on Tuesday.

Scudamore, who appeared via Zoom, denied Frost’s claim of last week that the two had not spoken since news of the complaint had emerged.

“That is not the case,” said Scudamore.

“I could show you text messages I sent to her after her fall in the Grand National, or as recently as when she won the Grade One in Ireland on Frodon.

“We haven’t been sharing lifts recently as we couldn’t because of Covid, but I’ll admit we haven’t been as friendly as previously.”

All evidence has now been heard and the panel will reconvene on Wednesday to hear the closing statements.
Report 1st time poster December 8, 2021 9:50 AM GMT
frost lying again who,d have flunked it
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 9:59 AM GMT
If Yala Enki wins this cartoon race, wonder will the interview be as far fetched as they do be in the real race?”.

That's not bullying, it's mildly funny
Does BF scweam and scweam and scweam until she is sick?
From the Just William books CryLaugh
Report LoyalHoncho December 8, 2021 10:37 AM GMT
People on here criticising Dickie Johnson.  What the he** for?  The man has given evidence as required.  Is it just because he didn't side with poor little Bryony?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 10:39 AM GMT
"I used to respect Johnson but because he hasn't backed what I think has happened to BF (posters knows BF better than Johnson, obviously) I'm not going to like him anymore"
This is the type mindset we are dealing with here.
Report tanglefoot December 8, 2021 10:40 AM GMT
cuckoo
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 10:42 AM GMT
It will be the same when all the jockeys have given evidence
They are all lying, she isn't
Even when BF went through this torrid time, her Dad asked Maude to "bang their heads together" and knock some sense into THEM
Seems like Dad knows BF is a bit ott.
If I believed her completely and she were my daughter Dunne would be the only one getting his head banged
Report LoyalHoncho December 8, 2021 10:44 AM GMT
This woman has overstepped the mark believing that a fawning media and the bitter and twisted opponents of the "patriarchal society" would take up her cause and sweep her to victory.  This is all about her in my opinion.  However, events elsewhere have taken over and the Downing Street Xmas party has claimed all the news attention.  She is dragging racing through the mud to serve her own ego and it is deplorable.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 10:45 AM GMT
Nice pu$$y Tangle.
Report Joe Lampton December 8, 2021 10:51 AM GMT
I knew I remembered Robbie Dunnes name from somewhere and then I remembered, he rode the winner in a bad e/w race many many years ago at Naas https://www.attheraces.com/form/horse/Le-Toscan/FR/2069523
Thanks very much for that day Robbie as I had a very good result which you'd struggle to get on now.
Report GoBallistic December 8, 2021 11:00 AM GMT
If, as it now appears, you've got Bryony's dad, the weighing room's most senior jockey and one of its most senior valets trying to set up a meeting / intervention to sort it all out and Dunne is prepared to give it a go, then Bryony really should have agreed to attend. Even if she can't stand the bloke and he's acted like a complete **** towards her. It's apparently making her working life miserable but they have to work together and it's not like the problem is just going to disappear so what have you got to lose by giving it a go? At the very least, it would have got her some support and respect amongst her colleagues imo
Report Chadfan December 8, 2021 11:08 AM GMT
I suspect the BHA told her not to talk about it. BF made a complaint, sure, but it is the BHA who have pusued RD.
She is hugely popular with the racing public and the owners she rides for. So leave her alone, I say. It's the BHA who need inspection over this.
She has 25k+ followers on Instagram and apparently RD has 1500 on Twitter.
As I've said before I think RD will get a shortish ban and that will be it, I hope.
Report The Management December 8, 2021 11:09 AM GMT
The thing that becomes more and more evident every time any jockey speaks (regardless of which side they represent) is that the behaviour and attitude of those in the weighing room seems like a cross between what you'd expect to see at a private boarding school, in a nursery school playground or on a day out with a Mexican drugs cartel.   

Unwritten codes of behaviour (handed down from generation to generation), no snitching (part of the unwritten code - like the one criminals adhere to in prisons), cliques and gangs, favourites and outcasts, grudges held and favours exchanged. People in breach of the unwritten codes and snitches to be snubbed and ostracised. Self policed by self appointed leaders or whoever is part of the clique.   

1) It makes them all look really pathetic - especially the so-called "senior jockeys".
2) It makes them all (and the sport as whole) look like it's stuck in a time-warp (which of course it is!)
Report sparrow December 8, 2021 11:14 AM GMT
Very true, management.   Most of the Horse Racing industry still firmly stuck in the 1800s
Report duncan idaho December 8, 2021 11:19 AM GMT
stratfordman  07 Dec 21 20:56

Yes they can jump for her, but she has no clock in her head.

no clock in her head? were you too pi$$ed to watch the racing last Boxing Day?
Report Blackrock December 8, 2021 11:21 AM GMT
The weighing room seem like a shower of shysters. They obviously knew Dunne was giving Frost a tough time. Any decent jock would have tried to help the situation and calm everything down. But no, they let the nastiness continue [coz what goes on tour stays on tour] mentality.

Frost obviously had enough of it and complained, forcing the BHA to do something. No surpise that that they fecked it up. It's now got way out of hand and racing will be the losers in this.

Many people outside of racing would love to bury our sport, and this is music to their ears.
Report The Management December 8, 2021 11:35 AM GMT
For the people that want to bury racing but that only have access to a shovel - the BHA would be happy to provide a loan of one of their JCB's.
Report penzance December 8, 2021 11:40 AM GMT
was that the last day of this,yesterday?
cheers.
Report Storm Alert December 8, 2021 11:42 AM GMT
Laugh too true.

It has got out of hand. It's the sort of cause that Frost is fighting for where she really needs the backing of the other women in the weighing room and she doesn't appear to have got that and certainly not being supported by the men. Will be ostracised in the weighing room going forward and this disciplinary hearing will probably end in some censorship and maybe a short ban/small fine for Dunne that's all. If anything else comes out of it most probably be around facilities for the women jockeys.
Report WhiteHatJon December 8, 2021 11:46 AM GMT
Head and shoulders the best post on this thread :

The Management - 11.09am - 8th December 2021

Very well said sir/madam Happy
Report saddo December 8, 2021 11:54 AM GMT
Jockeys looking bad in all this, bullying part and parcel of the job apparently. If it was my daughter he'd have been off work for a few weeks whether there was an enquiry or not, I'm sure he'd understand barrack room justice.
Report Chadfan December 8, 2021 12:07 PM GMT
I was at Taunton races recently. BF came back towards the weighing room after a race
and was mobbed for autographs and selfies by youngsters as well as adults, which she happily did. None of the male jocks were approached.
I agree with the previous posts, the NH sport is in the dark ages.
Report elise December 8, 2021 12:21 PM GMT
popularity shouldn't have any bearing on the case, he's admitted one minor breach and the rest is mostly a v b, not good for racing or either of them. the questions it leaves about the bha and the weighing room will more likely be the legacy because unless one of them is a knockout winner it's just been mud slinging for two weeks, not impossible they may not deliver an immediate verdict either, have the option to deliberate and drag it on further, needs ending really
Report geoff m December 8, 2021 3:01 PM GMT
Verdict expected by noon tommorrow
Report elise December 8, 2021 3:12 PM GMT
hope they do geoff, summing ups didn't read well for the sport
Report geoff m December 8, 2021 3:15 PM GMT
neither case puts the sport in a good light Elise. Unfortunately.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 3:16 PM GMT
BF had a winner earlier on. At 2nd last her horse jumped left into the horse in 2nd. In 1 ear out the other with her.
Always left seems to be.
Report acey deucy December 8, 2021 3:18 PM GMT
What about the other week when Verstappens car landed on top of Hamiltons and he didn't even give a glance back to see if Hamilton was ok ffs...Never seen nothing like it.LaughLaugh
Report acey deucy December 8, 2021 3:19 PM GMT
Eh rang fred.Blush
Report elise December 8, 2021 3:19 PM GMT
lol
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 3:28 PM GMT
Wrong sport but sort of on theme! Cool
Report Gordon63 December 8, 2021 3:33 PM GMT
approx 2pm thursday...toys out of pram...loyal-jumping-irish NAP
Report sparrow December 8, 2021 3:33 PM GMT
disciplinary hearing into allegations that Robbie Dunne bullied fellow rider Bryony Frost adjourned on Wednesday for the three-person panel to consider their verdict and a decision on the case is expected by noon on Thursday.

Dunne, 36, has been charged by the BHA on seven breaches of the rules of racing, four relating to conduct prejudicial to the integrity, proper conduct and good reputation of the sport, which he denies, and a further three of acting in a violent or improper manner, with one breach accepted although the wording used is disputed.

The incidents span a period between February 13, 2020 and September 3, 2020, and the culture of the weighing room and the manner in which jockeys address and behave towards each other was put firmly under the spotlight during the five days of evidence heard at the BHA’s headquarters in London.

Louis Weston, representing the BHA, said in closing submissions that Dunne had subjected Frost, 26, to a “vendetta” that included sexually inappropriate behaviour and foul language, and culminated in his alleged “promise” to put Frost “through a wing” after a race at Southwell in September last year.

Addressing the panel, Weston said: “If what is being said, when you come to determine this case, there is a weighing room culture that allows one jockey to threaten another with serious injury to them or their horse, or to call another a ****, a slut or a slag then that culture is one that is sour, rancid and one that we say should be thrown out and discarded. Its time, if ever it had its time, has gone.”

Countering Weston’s points on the weighing room, Roderick Moore told the panel that it would be “grossly unfair” to Dunne to judge him on anything other than how the weighing room is at present as opposed to any desire anyone might have for it to change.

“The way the weighing room is should not come as big news to anyone, there are BHA officials coming in and out all of the time,” he said. “What would be grossly unfair is to make a judgement of Mr Dunne against a scenario that isn't the real one.

“If something needs to change, that's for the future, that's a policy matter, a political matter. You can only judge Mr Dunne against the present weighing room.”

Moore further added that the "weapons grade language" used by riders also needed to be taken in the context of a dangerous profession.

He also outlined what he believed were failings in Frost’s “credibility”, primarily around her alleged “fear” of Dunne, with his highlighting the exchange in the Southwell changing room when she told Dunne to “f*** off” after their altercation.

“She gave back,” he said. "That's not a criticism but it stands ill alongside other matters that she fears him.”
Weston said the defence had sought to “overcomplicate” the case and that Frost had been targeted because she had “stepped up and confronted” Dunne on behaviour he likened to “1950s Carry On humour”.

He added: “It cannot be that Ms Frost can be allowed to compete on a racecourse on a level playing field only to find when she comes back to the weighing room she's met by Mr Dunne acting out a role of some patriarchy re-enacting social attitudes of the 1950s in his capacity of self-appointed enforcer of traditions he perceives to be put in place in the weighing room. It's just unacceptable.”

Following closing submissions, Brian Barker, chair of the disciplinary panel, said: "We have a number of matters to review. We hope to come to a decision by noon tomorrow."
Report swiftynifty December 8, 2021 3:35 PM GMT
JCM, jockeys who have confidence in their horse will allow their mount to find a stride which means they will invaraiably wander off a straight line at times. That's why she has been so successful as a jockey and rarely falls.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 3:39 PM GMT
And veer left approaching a fence? Endangering the other horses? That's what this has all been about (in the beginning).
Gordon, I think its obvious Dunne will get Done
Otherwise other people won't come forward with bullying claims
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 3:40 PM GMT
Watch the 2nd last in the race she won today swifty. Maybe I was seeing thing.
Even cattermole remarked on it and he'd miss a fire engine going past at 6 paces.
Report swiftynifty December 8, 2021 3:43 PM GMT
And there De Boinville's mount moves right across Frost's at the last, it happens race in race out.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 3:47 PM GMT
Her horse hit the other horse jumping the 2nd last. I've watched a few races I understand what you mean.
Humour me, watch the race?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 3:55 PM GMT
Hmm, not as bad as I thought.
But I'm keeping my eye on her! Cool
Report CROPSICK December 8, 2021 3:59 PM GMT
7 races today at Lingfield yet Racing post goes with BF winning first race, i think its getting a bit ott now
Report duffy December 8, 2021 4:08 PM GMT
The weighing room seem like a shower of shysters. They obviously knew Dunne was giving Frost a tough time. Any decent jock would have tried to help the situation and calm everything down. But no, they let the nastiness continue [coz what goes on tour stays on tour] mentality.

It's not this IMO, it's simply that the other jocks on the whole don't like her so they allowed it to continue.

If it was Blackmore, it wouldn't happen, but if it did it would have been stopped right away.
Report swiftynifty December 8, 2021 4:10 PM GMT
JCM, OK, I've watched it. She lets the horse find a stride rather than asking for one that's not there and ending up on the deck. Nothing extraordinary to see here.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 4:30 PM GMT
I'm still not sure that riders approaching fences are allowed to give the horse free rein to go where they want.
They have to exert some sort of control other-wise there could be carnage
If you give the horse free rein and it goes further left and causes an accident, can the jock then say it was the horses fault
I let it do what it wants
Perhaps that's why dangerous riding never gets in the mix of punishments
Perhaps there's no substance to Dunne's claims and he just allegedly swore at her for zero reason
Report duffy December 8, 2021 4:30 PM GMT
Countering Weston’s points on the weighing room, Roderick Moore told the panel that it would be “grossly unfair” to Dunne to judge him on anything other than how the weighing room is at present as opposed to any desire anyone might have for it to change.

Is this guy supposed to be helping DunneGrin

Basically saying that if you've got a workplace where the behaviour in that workplace is wrong, we shouldn't hold it against the perpetrators or inhabitants because that's all they know so you can't blame them for doing wrong.
Report tony6499 December 8, 2021 4:30 PM GMT
I don't get the thing that Dunne considers/ed himself to be a weighing room enforcer, an old jockey who has barely ridden 10 winners a season against someone who has ridden Grade 1 winners ? What gives him that right ? If he was that decent a jockey he'd be riding 100+ winners a season instead of scrapping around for a ride
Report geoff m December 8, 2021 4:32 PM GMT
thought it was me reading that wrong Duffy? But certainly doesnt help Dunne.

Yep we know hes bullied her but thats the way it as@ presentLaughLaugh
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 4:35 PM GMT
Where's the enforcer claim Tony?
Did that come out today?
Report duffy December 8, 2021 4:35 PM GMT
How often does Frost allow her mounts to find their own stride as opposed to looking for one earlier, does she do this a lot? imagine if many more jocks dd this, you'd have horses wandering about i9nto fences, quite literally right left and centre
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 4:39 PM GMT
Sorry, didn't know it carried on today without BF being there

The disciplinary hearing into allegations that Robbie Dunne bullied fellow rider Bryony Frost adjourned on Wednesday for the three-person panel to consider their verdict and a decision on the case is expected by noon on Thursday.

Dunne, 36, has been charged by the BHA on seven breaches of the rules of racing, four relating to conduct prejudicial to the integrity, proper conduct and good reputation of the sport, which he denies, and a further three of acting in a violent or improper manner, with one breach accepted although the wording used is disputed.

The incidents span a period between February 13, 2020 and September 3, 2020, and the culture of the weighing room and the manner in which jockeys address and behave towards each other was put firmly under the spotlight during the five days of evidence heard at the BHA’s headquarters in London.

Louis Weston, representing the BHA, said in closing submissions that Dunne had subjected Frost, 26, to a “vendetta” that included sexually inappropriate behaviour and foul language, and culminated in his alleged “promise” to put Frost “through a wing” after a race at Southwell in September last year.

Addressing the panel, Weston said: “If what is being said, when you come to determine this case, there is a weighing room culture that allows one jockey to threaten another with serious injury to them or their horse, or to call another a ****, a slut or a slag then that culture is one that is sour, rancid and one that we say should be thrown out and discarded. Its time, if ever it had its time, has gone.”

“The way the weighing room is should not come as big news to anyone, there are BHA officials coming in and out all of the time,” he said. “What would be grossly unfair is to make a judgement of Mr Dunne against a scenario that isn't the real one.

“If something needs to change, that's for the future, that's a policy matter, a political matter. You can only judge Mr Dunne against the present weighing room.”

Moore further added that the "weapons grade language" used by riders also needed to be taken in the context of a dangerous profession.

He also outlined what he believed were failings in Frost’s “credibility”, primarily around her alleged “fear” of Dunne, with his highlighting the exchange in the Southwell changing room when she told Dunne to “f*** off” after their altercation.

“She gave back,” he said. "That's not a criticism but it stands ill alongside other matters that she fears him.”

Weston said the defence had sought to “overcomplicate” the case and that Frost had been targeted because she had “stepped up and confronted” Dunne on behaviour he likened to “1950s Carry On humour”.

He added: “It cannot be that Ms Frost can be allowed to compete on a racecourse on a level playing field only to find when she comes back to the weighing room she's met by Mr Dunne acting out a role of some patriarchy re-enacting social attitudes of the 1950s in his capacity of self-appointed enforcer of traditions he perceives to be put in place in the weighing room. It's just unacceptable.”

Following closing submissions, Brian Barker, chair of the disciplinary panel, said: "We have a number of matters to review. We hope to come to a decision by noon tomorrow."
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 4:41 PM GMT
she told Dunne to “f*** off” after their altercation.

Report sparrow December 8, 2021 4:46 PM GMT
If you had read my post at 1533 jumping you would have known all that over an hour ago.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 4:47 PM GMT
One of the lawyers called Dunne a self appointed enforcer.
Dunne probably doesn't see himself as that but lawyers eh?
That's why they get paid the big bucks Laugh
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 4:49 PM GMT
I didn't read your post sparrow
Lord knows why, they are always riveting stuff Laugh
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 4:50 PM GMT
I've been betting and walking the dog, btw
Is that ok by you pecker?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 4:53 PM GMT
Apologies, I'll keep it civil, Mr sparrow Love
Report jimnast December 8, 2021 5:03 PM GMT
Reading lee mottershed in Sunday’s post reviewing the tingle creek I thought I put a great line in there frost has always been popular with those who pay to go racing.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 5:09 PM GMT
Made up of 80% who go racing for a pi$$up (young uns) and  and a few tweed merchants Grin
Report jimnast December 8, 2021 5:15 PM GMT
Clearly never been midweek national hunt racing or midweek aw
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 5:17 PM GMT
Is there many there nowadays?
The prices are awful on track so what type go to the races?
Report jimnast December 8, 2021 5:24 PM GMT
Throughout November most jumps tracks were very very busy there was a letter also about it in the racing post,not been in the uk this month other than aintree on Saturday which was busy even though the weather was horrendous

Yep plenty are enjoying the fresh air and the live sport along with meeting like minded people
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 5:29 PM GMT
I've only been to worcester and aintree as a clerk when earth summit won the GN. the heavens opened!
I think I'll go again, got the urge Happy
Report MJK December 8, 2021 5:43 PM GMT
Will tomorrow's announcement be that both were routinely tested and their evidence is noted?
Report jimnast December 8, 2021 5:51 PM GMT
You should cuckoo it’s a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon
Report loper December 8, 2021 5:53 PM GMT
....was he in a state of arousal?
Report lead on December 8, 2021 6:12 PM GMT
Laugh...probably quite near the truth of the matter in a way!
Report SlippyBlue December 8, 2021 6:18 PM GMT
Shocked
Report loper December 8, 2021 6:19 PM GMT
.....no, he was in a Ford Escort...BOOM BOOM!
Report spyker December 8, 2021 7:40 PM GMT
That's why she has been so successful as a jockey and rarely falls.

Her win % is a bang average 14ish so nowt out of the ordinary. I followed her years ago (mainly when riding her dads in west country over the summer) and she was just another ok young jock. Obviously as she rose to prominence and got opportunities (whilst being no better or worse than other jocks) others became resentful and saw her as getting those oppos not because of her riding but cos she was a woman doing lots of interviews.
She is very lucky to have been given the opportunity to ride a horse like Frodon so early that suits her style and wins classy races. Rightly or wrongly, and its happened many times in the past, some jocks will take a dislike to another jock getting kudos they don't. I don't think she has suffered much worse than most and whatever happens she will face a degree of isolation, not for standing up but turning down the chance to sort it (meeting her dad arranged but she cried off when told dunne would be there which is odd)) before it got out of hand and reporting as excess bullying that which many have gone through before.
It is time to stop some of the nastiness in the weighing room but i've a feeling that would happen anyway and I'm not sure she has handled things the right way. It's just as well ITV will give her a job if she reties early!
Report LoyalHoncho December 8, 2021 7:44 PM GMT
Chadfan     08 Dec 21 11:08

She is hugely popular with the racing public and the owners she rides for. So leave her alone, I say. It's the BHA who need inspection over this.
She has 25k+ followers on Instagram and apparently RD has 1500 on Twitter.

So fcking what?!!!  Are we all now to judge people simply on how many losers have such dull lives that they have to log onto a celebrity's social media to gain courage to handle their day?  Are we to judge the morality, character and integrity on how many "follow" these so-called celebrities?
What a senseless world we now live in.
Report lead on December 8, 2021 7:47 PM GMT
IF ITV gave her a job they would lose audience pretty quickly...I'd think even some of her staunchest supporters would get a bit sick of her!
Report LoyalHoncho December 8, 2021 7:58 PM GMT
It is my unshakeable opinion that this woman has fallen prey to all the media fawning and social media adulation she has received and it has gone to her head.  Someone posted earlier that she was on "a cause" and I don't think that is too far from the truth.  She has gone out of her way here to ridicule, undermine and assassinate the character of a fellow jockey, particularly with regard to alleged "sexually inappropriate behaviour", whilst accusing him of the main and quite separate charge of bullying and I find that disgusting.
She has left a smear on this honest hardworking jockey's character which can now never be removed, and the worst kind.  She should hang her head in shame, apologise TO HIM, and hope to move on.  She won;t though - far too pig-headed.
Report Gagging December 8, 2021 8:01 PM GMT
The case put up by the defence and Mr Dunne appears to be - in legal jargon 'a   s h 1 t load of zilch'. He's admitted some of it already [swearing, threatening  and exposing himself], there is some witness validation, and quite frankly alongside what i have always thought good camaraderie in the changing rooms, there is an unpleasant and out of date culture that crosses the line of professional behaviour or the way we would like our offspring to treat each other. Everyone should be treated fairly regardless of sex or size but that doesn't mean its ok for a man to threaten a women or flash his parts: occasional risque jokes are one thing - but this crossed a line and in almost every other occupation it would not be tolerated,so the senior jocks here need to do some serious thinking as they appear to be condoning and allowing this behaviour to go on. It's not funny and it does no-one any favours as we're finding out right now. Racing needs friends - there are enough peeps seeking to criticise it or even stop it as too dangerous or cruel to animals. I do not wish Mr Dunne to lose his livelihood but an example needs to be made and lessons learned - i would expect he gets a time too think about and hopefully reform himself. As for Ms Frost, maybe there is an element of unpopularity for bringing this up but i think she was forced into a corner and it would not have helped to have had the early proposed mediation as that seemed to be being handled by people steeped in this less than desirable culture and would merely have swept matters under the carpet.
Report Wesdag December 8, 2021 8:02 PM GMT
But yet #TeamRobbie says she's an attention seeker?

Why would she need the attention making accusations & all the aggravation that goes with it to bring down a journeyman jockey?
Report truehoncho December 8, 2021 8:08 PM GMT
I'm not sure she thought it would go this far Wesdag. In fairness to her its been the BHA that have escalated this to this crazy pantomime due to their bad management.
Report LoyalHoncho December 8, 2021 8:11 PM GMT
There is a simple remedy which I have banged on about for a long time now - separate changing rooms.  With all the millions upon millions of funding generated by racing the BHA have done absolutely nothing to provide this basic right of every athlete.  Imagine if women and men footballers were forced to use the same facilities?!
As for Dunne needing to "reform himself" - ridiculous comment.  Men will change in changing rooms, and getting naked is part of the process of getting clothed or re-clothed.  To call that "exposing" himself is disgusting.  Is this woman honestly asking us to believe that in the 7 or 8 years she has been using/sharing the men's changing room that Dunne is the only one who has ever stripped off in her presence?  And do you just take her accusation of his doing so being sexually inappropriate as gospel truth?  Who is bullying who here?
After tomorrow's verdict all male jockeys should take industrial action to demand separate facilities forthwith so that such damaging accusations can never be made again.
Report tobygirl December 8, 2021 8:23 PM GMT
see the man club have joined in their opinions...   reply to loyal honcho .... i agree dunne should hang his head in shame and he should apologise ..... never happen cos he wont think he has done anything wrong ..... shouldnt have gone this far ..... she should have just looked and laughed and ignored his threats
Report tobygirl December 8, 2021 8:24 PM GMT
see the man club have joined in their opinions...   reply to loyal honcho .... i agree dunne should hang his head in shame and he should apologise ..... never happen cos he wont think he has done anything wrong ..... shouldnt have gone this far ..... she should have just looked and laughed and ignored his threats
Report lead on December 8, 2021 8:26 PM GMT
Get the feeling that Frost is sexually naive
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 8:27 PM GMT
She should learn to ride in a straight line at fences
Maybe she could go on a refresher course.
Report duncan idaho December 8, 2021 8:31 PM GMT
happily BF will have ridden more career winners than RD by the end of the season, so she'll be able to tell him where he's going wrong then (if my understanding of weighing room etiquette is correct)
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 8:33 PM GMT
Well Dunne has had a worrying time so has probably been off his game this year.
this thing has been hanging over his head for at least 12 months
Report truehoncho December 8, 2021 8:34 PM GMT
she should have just looked and laughed and ignored his threats  --  thats easy for you to say. Could you ignore Dunne's ten inch pork dagger slapping you around the face?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 8:36 PM GMT
Stop telling lies th................ its a footlongLaugh

I think BF fancies RD.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk December 8, 2021 8:40 PM GMT
This time tomorrow the papers will be calling Richard, Dick Dastardly. Cry

If they ban him, he can have a good rest, and come back fighting fit, ready to earn plenty in his quest for........staying alive when he has to race against Bryony the Swerve
Report Gagging December 8, 2021 8:47 PM GMT
even so i don't think Mr Dunne has  a leg to stand on
Report tobygirl December 8, 2021 8:47 PM GMT
yes wouldnt be a problem  ...  it would be a pity laugh
Report LoyalHoncho December 8, 2021 9:05 PM GMT
And what pray is wrong with being in a man club?  I can't be a woman because I don;t have a cervix.
Report tobygirl December 8, 2021 9:13 PM GMT
nothing at all .... have you checked the cervix lately mind ..... i dont want to be in a man club or a woman club ,.... i just dont like pack mentality .... men or women .... to have any opinion you have to have all the facts .... i certainly dont and i dont think you have either ... cant imagine the last few months has been comfortable for either of them imo
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com