Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lead on
16 Oct 21 14:55
| Topic/replies: 4,740 | Blogger: lead on's blog
Chamberlin total dickhead
Pause Switch to Standard View Well said Sheikh Fahad...
Show More
Report Whistlejacket October 16, 2021 2:59 PM BST
Lead On, I quite agree.
Chamberlin has probably become the most irritating "See You Next Tuesday" in racing.  An unbearable name-dropper who seems to think every episode of ITV Racing has to be a soap opera.
Report pablo-fanque October 16, 2021 3:04 PM BST
i missed it
what was the general gist of it , was it prize money related ?

he said a few things in the racing post yesterday about it too if it was
Report mrcombustible October 16, 2021 3:07 PM BST
He was 110% behind Oisin, more or less told Ed it was none of his business
Report pablo-fanque October 16, 2021 3:14 PM BST
thanks mr c
Report cacique October 16, 2021 3:20 PM BST
Protects his jockey in public....

But I'd be very surprised if Oisin doesn't get a private bollixing.
Report ballyregan October 16, 2021 3:23 PM BST
loyalty is everything hierachy that backs anyone when the employee is under pressure has total respect in my book and also they will get repaid in the end
Report SlippyBlue October 16, 2021 3:25 PM BST
Was good to see Chamberlain getting put in his place like that.
Report The Management October 16, 2021 3:26 PM BST
On a separate note - I caught an apology earlier for "colourful language" - who was it and what was said please?
Report FOYLESWAR October 16, 2021 3:34 PM BST
one of those drunken young mugs who no nothing about racing are there for pishup  and a punch up ,dont know what was  said but asking for trouble asking who theyve backed live.
Report The Management October 16, 2021 3:49 PM BST
Thanks Foyles.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl October 16, 2021 4:09 PM BST
BG with the mike another slip-up.
Report differentdrum October 16, 2021 5:15 PM BST
I have only read the report on the Racing Post site.

Murphy is due to face a BHA hearing.

If you listen to Fahad it should be a silent hearing as according to him nobody can have an opinion.

Basically, it's a variation on the 'how many winners have you ridden' guff that the most pompous will throw out when they haven't got anything worthwhile to say.

I am no Chamberlin lover, far from it, but if there are any dickheads in this story they are Fahad and Murphy.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 17, 2021 9:47 AM BST
You can use the "no-one died" to excuse 99% of behaviour.
Fahad is an idiot.
A rich idiot so he gets to be heard, unfortunately
Report Pilsudski October 17, 2021 9:58 AM BST
Re Chamberlin,we can’t have it both ways.He can’t be branded an ineffectual sycophant one minute and a probing journalist the next.Murphy is champion jockey,and his recent behaviour demands questions ( and answers).
Report 1st time poster October 17, 2021 11:12 AM BST
FAHAD said no one was hurt
meaning its ok to drive full of drugs,drink as long as no one is hurt

till someone is of course Devil,
and someone was allegedly hurt when he headbutted someone the night before after deciding not to smash a glass in their face
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 17, 2021 11:22 AM BST
"Unless you have walked in his shoes, you have no right to say anything. No-one's dead and everyone makes mistakes. He's a growing man, still a young lad."
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 17, 2021 11:22 AM BST
https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/new-champion-oisin-murphy-defended-by-sheikh-fahad-over-drunken-altercation/516674
Report 1st time poster October 17, 2021 11:27 AM BST
well he can go away and find himself a job which allows him to go to work under the effects of drink/drugs, plenty out there who,ll do his job
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 17, 2021 11:30 AM BST
Bloke gets done for drugs/drink and assaults members of the public allegedly
But he says a few nice things at the races and tweets aplenty so is good for the sport
Judge a man by his deeds. Words mean nowt
Report 1st time poster October 17, 2021 11:44 AM BST
regards fahad in some places in middle east where murphy rides ,he,d be spending plenty time in jail for his drink/drug,violence offences
Report Cider October 17, 2021 12:08 PM BST
As per usual, the ground in the middle is the right place to be. Just because Murphy has a public profile, some people think they are experts on mental health or whatever, and hypothecate on the challenges he's facing and what he should be doing about it. This is a sign of the times and social media, where someone's private business is now everybody else's business. It's fair enough that in his position as champion jockey, he gets asked about losing rides due to being over the alcohol threshold, and letting down connections.
But really it's nobodies business to speculate on why he might have been drinking alcohol, unless of course he volunteers that information. I feel that the zeitgeist demand for participants in sport in general to be perfect role models for living life is ridiculous myself, unless they are hypocrites.
Report 1st time poster October 17, 2021 12:11 PM BST
not rocket science it only becomes public whe you fail the tests laid down to participate  in the sport
Report 1st time poster October 17, 2021 12:13 PM BST
ive never heard or read but i assume similar rules apply to grand prix drivers but we dont hear about them presumably because no one fails them
Report sageform October 17, 2021 12:16 PM BST
If he broke the law the police should deal with it. If he broke the rules of racing the BHA should deal with it with an enquiry which allows a proper defence. Trial by ITV is not the right way to do anything.
Report Cider October 17, 2021 12:25 PM BST
It's nothing like motorsport. Yes obviously is is public knowledge that he triggered the alcohol riding threshold. As I said I have no issues on him being questioned on how that impacted his professional career, or connections. That's as far as it goes though. Some of the commentators on the sport (amateur and pro) seem to think that it's fair game then to be speculating on why he might be consuming alcohol, ie effectively that he might be an alcoholic. Maybe they feel that they might be coming from a good place, but really it's nobodies business.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 17, 2021 12:26 PM BST
I think OM  has been whinging in private to his pals
If he had been saying to his pal Fahad "hands up, I'm an idiot, my fault" then I don't think Fahad would be fighting The jock's corner so vehemently.
Seems to me what OM says in public and what he thinks are 2 different things.
Victimhood 21st century style.
Report geordie1956 October 17, 2021 1:55 PM BST
People can argue its a private matter about his social habits but these people are public figures for their sport whether they like it or not & bad behaviour reflects on it as well as the individual. With the salaries & money they are paid I'm afraid I have limited respect (despite his young age) when they continually abuse any position of trust & they should be fully aware of their responsibilities
There are rules & he has broken them more than once which have been proven ... someone like Fahad who no doubt has a huge amount of influence (within the BHA) because of his privileged postion within horse racing should remain silent .. it doesn't come across well to the public
Report The Management October 17, 2021 2:00 PM BST
Typical response of the privileged - when you're in hole, keep digging.

Never back down, never apologise, bluff it out and if necessary double-down.
Report 1st time poster October 17, 2021 2:06 PM BST
getting drunk,threatening to shove a glass in someones face /headbutting them in a public place,turning up to ride in front of paying public in a public place,
none of this is happening in his private space
Report Cider October 17, 2021 2:34 PM BST
Disagree with that geordie1956, they aren't public property. The industry has sanctions in place for rule breaking and I'm sure these will have been applied. It only becomes 'public' business if he was doing something that would make his actions hypocritical. There's far too much intrusion into the private lives of people who have a public profile. He had some booked rides on the day that he was prevented from riding, it was hardly a game changing thing for punters. If connections are very bothered, he might be risking getting rides from them in the future, which of course would be a loss to him, but not to anyone else.
Report LoyalHoncho October 17, 2021 2:52 PM BST
And I disagree with you Cider and fully agree with Geordie 1956, as do so many others. Indeed I can't improve on what Geordie said but will add this.  The young man can't even count his lucky stars that he has become champion without little snippets of snide bitterness during his "new champion" interview.  "Everybody was for Buick during the week"!  Have gone right of the little sniveller and I bet one thing for sure - he'll mess up again.
Of course he is in the public eye so he should conduct himself accordingly.  Oli Bell has just interviewed five aspiring very young potential apprentices an hour earlier.  Instead of asking them if they want to become champion jockey should he have asked them if thy want to glass someone in a Newmarket pub?
Report Cider October 17, 2021 3:02 PM BST
Seems to me that it's more about you not liking him as an individual. Which is your lookout. I don't know what happened at the pub, as I wasn't there, and I'm almost sure you weren't either.
Report LoyalHoncho October 17, 2021 3:09 PM BST
Once again you don;t answer a question.  You're good at it.
Report Cider October 17, 2021 3:13 PM BST
Your question asserts a fact, which is not in the public domain. Just allegations in our reliable tabloid press from one side of the account.

Taking the question literally, should Oli Bell ask aspiring jockeys if they want to glass someone in a pub? Er, no. He should not have.
Report LoyalHoncho October 17, 2021 5:41 PM BST
Murphy's behaviour discredits racing and his recent behaviour is unacceptable.  Or should be.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com