Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ashleigh
08 Oct 21 13:54
| Topic/replies: 17,669 | Blogger: ashleigh's blog
unable to ride, but able to drive.Surprised
Pause Switch to Standard View oisin failed breath test
Show More
Report shady69 October 8, 2021 2:04 PM BST
Every time I see and hear Oisin Murphy, he reminds me of a young Alex Higgins. Let's hope he's not turning into him ...
Report sofiakenny October 8, 2021 2:04 PM BST
2nd time innit?..and the coke ban as well..guy is a car crash.
Report barstool October 8, 2021 2:05 PM BST
He needs to measure what he has going for him against the price of a pint.

He might just  see some sense. Too good a talent to waste.
Report MJK October 8, 2021 2:06 PM BST
Should change that ad and have him looking on a pub window instead of a cake shop. HARD.
Report Whippin Piccadilly October 8, 2021 2:06 PM BST
Jeez!
Report jamesdean October 8, 2021 2:06 PM BST
Seemingly he just got a kiss on the lips off a drunken woman outside the weighing room
Report The Leopard October 8, 2021 2:06 PM BST
Buick bought him a coffee this morning ?
Report 1st time poster October 8, 2021 2:07 PM BST
sorry folks i cant fly this plane to malaga today had a few to many last night
youve had a skinfull to fail a breath test at lunchtime next day and must have stunk of it if riding out at 5 this morning,unless he had a few whiskey,s for breakfast
Report mrcombustible October 8, 2021 2:07 PM BST
By Graham Dench
5:10PM, JUN 17 2019

Oisin Murphy's failed breath test is understood to have fallen well within the BHA's 'lower level' for the offence, in which case the matter is likely to be fast-tracked for resolution without a disciplinary hearing and without further penalty.

The level is not put into the public domain until the hearing or the conclusion of proceedings, and Murphy declined to comment directly, but the Racing Post understands that the reading was "well under the drink driving limit" (35 micrograms per 100 millilitres), in which case it will be comfortably within the BHA's lower threshold of between 20 and 38 micrograms.

Murphy's failed alcohol test came at Salisbury on Sunday, just hours after he had appeared on Racing TV's Luck On Sunday programme and given a lucid and eloquent appraisal of how well his season had gone so far and how much he was looking forward to Royal Ascot.

Murphy, whose six rides on day one of the royal meeting include the fancied Guildsman for his boss Sheikh Fahad's Qatar Racing in the Coventry Stakes, was stood down for the day and a report has been forwarded by the stewards to the BHA's disciplinary team at High Holborn, who will compile the relevant evidence around the case.

If Murphy's failed breath test does fall in the lower limit, the entry point is a caution, with the rider stood down for the day – which has already happened – and the damage is likely to be only reputational, as it was for Charles Bishop when he failed a test at Royal Ascot a year ago at the end of a week in which he gained his first Group 1 success on Accidental Agent in the Queen Anne Stakes.
Report brassneck October 8, 2021 2:08 PM BST
Alcohol disease is the only disease that tells you  that you have not got the disease.Confused
Report Mat22 October 8, 2021 2:09 PM BST
What load of W@nkers on ere. Give the guy a break!
Report wondersobright October 8, 2021 2:09 PM BST
hard
Report 1st time poster October 8, 2021 2:10 PM BST
drugs and alcohol dont come in to the way i lead my life LaughLaughLaughLaugh,must have been kissing the local newmarket skank down an alley before racing, AGAIN
Report penzance October 8, 2021 2:14 PM BST
had a pint last night.
It happens.
Report 1st time poster October 8, 2021 2:15 PM BST
if i was gibbons i,d be starting a crowd funding page for that 9 millionDevil
Report 1st time poster October 8, 2021 2:17 PM BST
chappers/lucky putting bids in for a  shoemark type docu,they love a bad boy in racing
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 8, 2021 2:21 PM BST
Cauthen would've sent the needle off the scale if he'd been tested.
Was still pretty good Cool
Report ballyregan October 8, 2021 2:30 PM BST
he should have said he does not drink and does not no where it come from
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND October 8, 2021 2:31 PM BST

Oct 8, 2021 -- 8:14AM, 1st time poster wrote:

come racingand stande near paddock where a coked up /pished up murphy is trying to control a horse like last weekbring the kids ,racing a laughing stockagain cant survive without coked up /pished

Report Whippin Piccadilly October 8, 2021 2:31 PM BST
Exactly JCM, you can enjoy a few drinks and still be good at your job
Report MJK October 8, 2021 2:33 PM BST

Oct 8, 2021 -- 8:06AM, jamesdean wrote:

Seemingly he just got a kiss on the lips off a drunken woman outside the weighing room

Always thought he swung the other way. His own business of course.

Report 1st time poster October 8, 2021 2:33 PM BST
whats the usual jock stock answer
you,d have to be an absolute idiot to even think of putting a leg over half a tonne of horse whilst under the influence of drugs /alcohol
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND October 8, 2021 2:34 PM BST
1st time poster, maybe posted once to often, sounds like a lover spurned. In view of the programme last night on ATR , which can be applied to all
walks of life..........very poor comments. Still if it makes you laugh...who am I to judge you.
Report 1st time poster October 8, 2021 2:36 PM BST
well you could say  after last nights show even more reason to throw a foooking idiot like murphy out of the sport
Report EastLower Gooner October 8, 2021 2:36 PM BST
Here we go…round 2 of the Oisin apology interviews that no one asked for…
Report 1st time poster October 8, 2021 2:38 PM BST
cant put it any simpler that in any other work place that feels the need to bring in mandatory drug/drink testing failing it is instant dismissal
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 8, 2021 2:41 PM BST
What show was on ATR last night pls?
Report The Management October 8, 2021 2:45 PM BST
They will have to edit the "Racing is hard" advert - maybe take out the shot of him looking longingly into a cake-shop window and replace it with an Off-licence window.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 8, 2021 2:46 PM BST
He might've weakened and had some rum cake
The fault of the advert makers putting such temptation in front of the poor lad Cool
Report MJK October 8, 2021 2:53 PM BST

Oct 8, 2021 -- 8:45AM, The Management wrote:

They will have to edit the "Racing is hard" advert - maybe take out the shot of him looking longingly into a cake-shop window and replace it with an Off-licence window.

At least wait a few hours before copying my post

Report MJK October 8, 2021 2:53 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report The Management October 8, 2021 3:02 PM BST
MKJ - Sorry!

Great minds think alike ..... and all that.

Although in all fairness, I think all the Great Minds of the forum are currently engaged in trying to turn a tenner into £200k on the Brassneck thread!
Report The Management October 8, 2021 3:04 PM BST
ffs - MKJ = MJK

Dyslexia si on larfing metre.
Report Alices October 8, 2021 3:06 PM BST
Everytime i hear the word Hard now, i think of Jo Mason, lovely.
Report MJK October 8, 2021 3:07 PM BST

Oct 8, 2021 -- 9:04AM, The Management wrote:

ffs - MKJ = MJK Dyslexia si on larfing metre.

Hard Laugh

Report Fashion Fever October 8, 2021 3:10 PM BST
still better than most drunk
Report impossible123 October 8, 2021 3:19 PM BST
If so, bloody Norah! Drive and drive; drink and ride horses. A Group 1 race, but professionally disqualified to ride. Call himself a professional? I wonder why not a whisper from ITV Racing about his non-riding today.
Report The Management October 8, 2021 3:21 PM BST
MKJ instead of MJK is just a minor mishap by my standards this week MJK:

I called my daughter Jessie a few days ago. Jessie actually being the name of a family dog that died about 15 years ago!

She told me to "get your sh1t together" because "I'm busy at work at the moment and don't have time to research which home to put you in".
I said to my wife - I told you we should have gone private with their education!
Report impossible123 October 8, 2021 3:32 PM BST
It's true...he blew over the riding limit for alcohol. A ban is the only plausible deterrent. In charge of a thoroughbred weighing over a ton and paid a sizeable amount of money for? It's unforgiveable. Sheik Fahad should sack him. Murphy has previous form for doing the same.
Report ashleigh October 8, 2021 3:35 PM BST
mise en scene bound to win for c fallon now.WinkLaugh
Report glentoby October 8, 2021 3:39 PM BST
Has no chance ashleigh if imposible is right i.e weighs over a ton,might not fit in the stall!!!Laugh
Report mrcombustible October 8, 2021 5:48 PM BST
Funny when he rides Alcohol Free Saturday week
Report atn1963 October 8, 2021 6:30 PM BST
I work in the rail industry and that would mean the sack for me - even if I could drive home being under drink-drive limit.
Report ballyregan October 8, 2021 6:39 PM BST
rachel casey just said poor oisin when covering the story george bakers reply was oisin always holds his hands up when making a mistake great honest punditary from these two ruthless propundits
Report knoxville October 8, 2021 7:39 PM BST

Oct 8, 2021 -- 8:09AM, Rico-Dangleflaps wrote:

bottle of bud up his lasses snatch last nite..then licked it..just unlucky imo

classy post from the fooktard who reports more than anyone on here...
keep showing your true colors you parasite

Report LoyalHoncho October 8, 2021 8:09 PM BST
mrcombustible        08 Oct 21 16:48     Laugh
Murphy needs a LONG ban.  He's turning into an ignorant, disrespectful little pryk.  Only Kevin Blake came off the fence of the Chamberlain show and said how it is.
Report jackboo October 8, 2021 8:49 PM BST
why notpay him beer lol
Report Movewiththetimes October 8, 2021 8:57 PM BST
Show me a man who hasn't got any faults........
Report elise October 8, 2021 9:02 PM BST
my wife
Report paulo47 October 8, 2021 9:02 PM BST
Only 17 micros for race riding , 35 for driving , and used to be 52  .
Report elise October 8, 2021 9:02 PM BST
as she keeps telling me
Report Movewiththetimes October 8, 2021 9:25 PM BST
Good job they never tested Pat, lester was before my time apart from late on, Eddery best hands in the business.
Report LoyalHoncho October 9, 2021 1:38 AM BST
Yep.  Pat never dropped a drink ever.
Report impossible123 October 9, 2021 8:05 AM BST
A shame his latest misbehaviour and unprofessionalism has happened outside a previous similar offence ie 2 year window otherwise a 21 day ban penalty could have been applied.

I firmly believe a mandatory minimum ban of 3 months for abuse of alcohol whilst holding riding arrangement the following day is necessary to deter youngsters from the profession copying him. Mr Murphy has previous form, and another apology is insufficient and meaningless as it's seen as mickey-taking if no further punitive action taken by the BHA.
Report Facts October 9, 2021 9:54 AM BST
Kevin Blake's opinion ,voiced on TML was absolutely spot on.
Report mrcombustible October 9, 2021 10:09 AM BST
Irish Whisper always talks sense. Pity he doesn't post on here more often.
Report casemoney October 9, 2021 1:41 PM BST
Used to be as drunk as sacks back in the Day , Barry Brogan could just about stand one day , Hoisted on to horse and sent in the right direction Laugh He didn't make the running on certain days Laugh
Report portmanpark October 9, 2021 1:58 PM BST
MJK...same here .. always thought he batted for the other side
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND October 9, 2021 2:32 PM BST

Oct 8, 2021 -- 9:19AM, impossible123 wrote:

If so, bloody Norah! Drive and drive; drink and ride horses. A Group 1 race, but professionally disqualified to ride. Call himself a professional? I wonder why not a whisper from ITV Racing about his non-riding today.

They broke the news

Report shiny new shoes please October 9, 2021 3:47 PM BST
Are you buzzing ExcitedGrin
Report dave1357 October 9, 2021 3:48 PM BST
he deserves a drink for that ride
Report MJK October 9, 2021 3:48 PM BST
Get ready for the nauseating ITV guff
Report ballyregan October 9, 2021 3:59 PM BST
just shows you a drink every once in a while is not bad for you
Report kevo October 9, 2021 4:03 PM BST
Nicky would drink to that.
Report ballyregan October 9, 2021 4:05 PM BST
he already has many times judged by his rosy cheeks
Report Whippin Piccadilly October 9, 2021 4:07 PM BST
A very high pressured game so not at all surprised trainers and jockeys take a drink. Imagine getting your knickers in a twist over a young guy having a few buds the night before. Unfortunately, these are the times we live in.
Report mrspock October 9, 2021 6:23 PM BST
So does anybody know,with more experience than I,how much you'd need to drink to get that reading?
Report Ramruma October 9, 2021 6:33 PM BST
The problem is not that a young guy had a few buds the night before. It was that a young guy was over the limit, and probably under the influence, when riding.
Report Oldgit1 October 9, 2021 8:21 PM BST
Can anyone actually say how much alcohol would be needed to produce that reading the next day.
Report peckerdunne October 9, 2021 8:33 PM BST
I always had a small whisky before taking the football field in winter.

Many a jock has done the same.
Report Ramruma October 9, 2021 9:10 PM BST
@oldgit1 -- "Can anyone actually say how much alcohol would be needed to produce that reading the next day?"

Alcohol is eliminated from the body at the rate of 1 unit per hour, or 0.015% BAC. From the RP report posted on page 1 of this thread, we can guess Oisin was at about 0.045% or 3 units when tested. If he was tested 12 hours after he was drinking, then he had 15 units which is about 7 pints. Obviously if he was not drinking the night before but had vodka on his cornflakes, the amount needed would be far less.

But take all those figures with a large pinch of salt as they are all based a vague RP report, some assumptions and on averages and for a start, Flat jockeys are smaller than average.

If any jockey is fond of a drink then maybe buy a breath test machine!
Report cloone river October 9, 2021 9:20 PM BST
So he had a few drinks the night before and was slightly over the limit and people are calling for his head?
Report GEORGE.B October 9, 2021 9:46 PM BST
Here's the Kevin Blake clip from this morning for anyone who didn't see it and would like to know what he said.

https://twitter.com/itvracing/status/1446761137404530688
Report carrot1960 October 9, 2021 10:21 PM BST
Sober enough ( under 35 microgrammes " to drive but over the jockeys limit of 17 microgrammes to ride , i wonder how many of the old farts would pass the threshold
Report acey deucy October 9, 2021 10:27 PM BST
Frankie didn't know where to look when Blake was getting stuck into Murphy....Being a roll model to youngsters and all.LaughLaugh
Report cloone river October 9, 2021 10:52 PM BST
Let him who has not yet sinned casted the first stone.
Report cloone river October 9, 2021 11:22 PM BST
Has he a drink problem Leif?

No harm having a few drinks and enjoy life while you can.
Report San Quentin October 9, 2021 11:33 PM BST
Give the chap a break Be kind
Report leif October 9, 2021 11:35 PM BST
Did he mention something about "getting help" while aboard that horse when interviewed?

25% of the 8 positive tests taken from 15k tests are down to him (quote from Blake)

He has a problem when it impacts on his high profile role although I agree with enjoying life while you can.

the downside in many cases is that so called friends/enablers abandon the host.

no indication he is being hit by parasites.
Report Whippin Piccadilly October 10, 2021 1:11 AM BST
Whatever gets you through the night....its alright....its alright Cool
Report ambush October 10, 2021 1:57 AM BST
ramruma you must take into account his height is 5 ft 5. .his weight is 8 stone 5 his natural weight should be 10 stone.he lives his life  with a bmi reading of 19.with all the dieting , wasting and sweating his body will be slower at processing the alcholol out of his system.i feel sorry for him as i think  he is a great ambasasdor for our sport.when you compare him to the sour/dour  past champions  on both side of the irish sea i find him very refreshing(excuse the pun).
Report driver2 October 10, 2021 2:10 AM BST
Well done ambush, puts Oisin's "misdemeanor" into perspective perfectly.
Report Ramruma October 10, 2021 5:16 AM BST
@ambush -- yes, I alluded to that in my post that used average figures and guesswork to fill in the gaps.

The fact remains, Oisin was over the limit. It increases the risks to himself, the horse, and the other jockeys.

As others have said, if he wants to have a session, take the next day off. Or at least, as I suggested, buy a breath test machine and phone in sick if over the limit in the morning.

Be professional. And if he can't, at least fake it.
Report Adelaide October 10, 2021 9:30 AM BST
Oh shut up Kevin Blake.. Oisin has something you don't - sex appeal, he's a risk taker and ladies love him..  all these squeaky cleanies about today = boring..
Report Adelaide October 10, 2021 10:06 AM BST
Perhaps ITV and Blake would like to air their views on certain individuals from the Middle East, heavily involved with the sport, who have been in the news recently and how they impact racing ?...  instead pick on a popular jockey who for most people I think would regard this as a minor infringement..   agree with 'Ambush' above..
Report mrcombustible October 10, 2021 10:16 AM BST
It is up to Oisin what he does next. Choose to be  a professional jockey or an alcoholic. The choice is his.
Report 1st time poster October 10, 2021 10:19 AM BST
enjoy life
loive to see all these loons if the aeroplane pilot,train driver,taxi driver heart surgeron etc,etc turned up not fit to work under his works rules but they said go on anyway jog on do your job
failing a test at lunchtime suggests murphy is a serial drinker who has a regime that gets it out of his system /allows him to pass the test at lunchtime and its gone wrong twice
let he who cast the blah,blah
he,s cast 3 foooking stones or even worse been caught 3 times casting his stones could be 100,s more stones he hasnt been caught for casting
Report impossible123 October 10, 2021 11:32 AM BST
I'm sure racing authority must have taken scientific guidance on the effects of alcohol and race riding before they adopted the legal and acceptable threshold. This is applicable and acceptable by all in the profession. If this is transgressed jockey the consequences ought to be swift and stern to deter future occurrences.

I firmly believe this transgression is more negative and severe than injudicious and/or dangerous riding by jockeys as it's done willingly, knowingly and without fully understanding the possible ramification to others and horses concerned - the legal implication could be immense.  As such, the punishment ought to reflect the severity of the crime.

A mandatory month ban for 1st timers; repeaters 3/6months minimum.
Report 1st time poster October 10, 2021 12:36 PM BST
good auld chappers suggesting someone set up murphy for the test
even indirectly floating the idea someone from buick camp may have alerted them

next it will be a friend of buicks plying him with alcohol
Report MJK October 10, 2021 12:40 PM BST
Not like Chapman to see nothing negative about Murphy
Report mrcombustible October 10, 2021 1:00 PM BST
Where did Chapman suggest it was a set up?
Report Deptford October 10, 2021 1:01 PM BST
No one to blame but himself
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 10, 2021 2:27 PM BST
mrcom, Chapman said that OM had possibly been stitched up. Maybe someone had seen OM out the night before etc and someone with a

motive might have reported him. Chapman used the phrase stitched up, which implies he's been hard done by. Chapman is an idiot

The presenter on Sky racing debate rightly said that it didn't matter how OM was caught. He failed the test and that's that.
Report 1st time poster October 10, 2021 2:32 PM BST
man sees bloke drinking 12 pints in club,see,s him getting in car so phones the police

in chappers world member of public stitches up drunk driver
Report ballyregan October 10, 2021 2:43 PM BST
chapmans personal relationships with jockeys is unhealthy he is supposed to be a racing analyst not part of the pja
Report MJK October 10, 2021 3:39 PM BST
If it was an American jockey Chapman would be the first one in line to criticise
Report LoyalHoncho October 10, 2021 3:48 PM BST
I thought the Irish girl - who I like very much usually - was bang out of order asking him about it as she interviewed him post race.  Not at all the right time to be asking such a question and all it will do is make jockeys less keen to be interviewed as they come in after a trace.
However, he is the one in the wrong and he belittles the profession by repeatedly letting it down.
Report acey deucy October 10, 2021 6:10 PM BST
I agree that was **** ridiculous not the time or the place,silly cow.
Report GEORGE.B October 10, 2021 6:36 PM BST
Tom Stanley asked him about it too in an interview after the Ces' on RTV.

I couldn't see his facial expressions as he was wearing a face nappy, but Murphy seemed at ease replying to the questions.
Report geoff m October 11, 2021 3:22 PM BST
Hes drinking in the last chance saloon.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com