Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
01 Oct 21 09:52
| Topic/replies: 22,607 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
the end of season finale for the creme de la creme of middle distance horses. adayar hurricane lane snowfall all prominent in the betting and get the 3yo weight allowance no suprise if any of the 3 win but all 3 have questions to answer one way or the other . adayar reportedly had a "niggle"and not ideal going into a race of this calibre ,snowfall was turned over at long odds on last time and has been on the go for a while, and  hurricane lane has not had that long to recover from the st leger . of the older horses tarnawa lightly raced this season  and this has been the target and a good 2nd over a trip too short last time should have her spot on but around 3/1 i can resist .
chrono genesis has a decent shout and could go close .
raahibah is interesting trainer won it last year with an older horse ,this race may look a bit of an afterthought as although the arc was the end of season target  she was a bit dissapointing earlier in the season the trainer seems alot happier with her and she won her prep for this last time . looks to have a lot to find with the front of the market but should be fresher then most and 20/1 each way 5 places with sl if ya can get on could reward in an open race. good luck and opinions encouraged .
selection raabihah 20/1 5 places skys if ya can get on  each way.

Pause Switch to Standard View les arc longchamp sunday.
Show More
Report paulo47 October 1, 2021 10:27 AM BST
Have backed three mud lovers at my sort of prices , Broome 75 , Sealiway 33s and Alenquer 25s . Looked at Raabihah but not sure if the two even money seconds means it acts on the ground , guess it means it goes on it .
Report Celtic warrior October 1, 2021 10:39 AM BST
chrono genesis for me
Report FOYLESWAR October 1, 2021 10:41 AM BST
yeah get what you are saying paulo but looks like she has been campaigned for an end of season target and the trainer seems happy with her and hopefully she is better than shown so far  ,yes the ground an unknown but same for most ,i like a few cracks  at a decent price and will try to pick another decent priced one a bit later . good luck wi yours .
Report EastLower Gooner October 1, 2021 12:27 PM BST
I’m leaning towards an outsider as well and someone I’ve never had a bet on before…Alenquer. But will wait for the day of the race markets…better each way odds and the without markets. Try and get as much insurance as I can get. I’m hopefully he can reverse the Paris run with Hurricane…a better draw, better ride and comes here fresh. And he’s beaten Adayar this season. LTO he got beat over 10 on fast ground to probably the best older horse in the world on turf so big deal…actually reminded me a bit of Bago when he ran in the International prior to winning the Arc…just starting to stay on.
Report EastLower Gooner October 1, 2021 12:31 PM BST
My crude analysis of some of the others - Tawarna has beaten NO ONE this year, St Leger/Arc is a tall order for any horse especially one that danced as many dances as Hurricane, Adayar leg infection, if the ground softens will Love even run? Snowfall - if deep impact and sons of deep impact couldn’t win it then she can’t. So pretty much left with the otsiderz
Report elise October 1, 2021 12:33 PM BST
cadran 2moro is the one im looking fwd to
Report FOYLESWAR October 2, 2021 10:58 AM BST
have added torquata tasso 100/1 each way 4 places rated 118 has decent form in germany should like the conditions and his 2nd to in swoop last years arc 2nd gives him a squeak in what looks an open race .good luck.
Report stewarty b October 2, 2021 11:20 AM BST
I'm thinking of dutching two here at approx. 13/8. I'll be shocked if at least one of them is not in the first two. That said I fancy three and maybe not the best tactic as the one I leave out...
Report driver2 October 2, 2021 11:46 AM BST
Hurricane Lane beat a decent field here in July, on ground very similar to that which he's going to encounter tomorrow. He led 2 out and "powered clear comfortably". he then had 2 months off and came back to win the Leger impressively. Deep Bond and Broome will hopefully make the running with Mojo Star not far away and Hurricane Lane will (I think) have Adayar and Snowfall to beat on the run in.
Report stewarty b October 2, 2021 11:52 AM BST
Surely  Tarnawa must be in the mix?
Report sageform October 2, 2021 12:10 PM BST
Still can't see past the Godolphin pair. I have only backed Hurricane Lane so far as he was a decent price at 7.8. I will save on Adayar if he runs and the going is not heavy.
Report driver2 October 2, 2021 12:21 PM BST
I think she'll be outstayed in heavy ground stewarty, especially with the 3 y olds' allowance against her.
Report EastLower Gooner October 2, 2021 1:22 PM BST
I think if you fancy Hurricane Lane the have a saver on him in the without Tarwana & Adayar market…he’s 13/8.
Report sageform October 2, 2021 1:41 PM BST
That is certainly tempting but I am more afraid of the outsiders if it goes heavy.
Report EastLower Gooner October 2, 2021 4:28 PM BST
Looks like straight up National hunt ground.
Report EastLower Gooner October 2, 2021 4:29 PM BST
I know they’ll have a fresh strip to race on tomorrow but still…
Report FOYLESWAR October 2, 2021 5:22 PM BST
heavy rain forcast tonite in paris right up till lunchtime tommorow !
Report impossible123 October 2, 2021 7:26 PM BST
I'd be very wrong but I just cannot see Tarnawa giving weight to the 3 yr old protagonists. Tarnawa beat Alpine Star a non-stayer over 10f; beat Magical in USA when Magical had traffic problem, courtesy of Moore. Even Enable was fortuitous winning her 2nd Arc giving weight to Sea Of Class.

Treve was brilliant. She won her 1st two Arcs on merit (no fluke). And, Treve ran her 3rd ARC in the Prix Vermeille.
Report windsor knot October 2, 2021 8:04 PM BST
if that forecast is anyway near correct it  will be a total bog by arc time . proceed with caution ! ive done small money on the haggas horse ew .
Report smirnoff2therescue October 2, 2021 8:11 PM BST
Amazed that Mojo Star has not had a mention on the thread cos his price is massive compared to protagonists  - gotta be worth a few shekels in place markets at very least ShockedShockedShocked
Report FOYLESWAR October 2, 2021 8:28 PM BST
love nonner !
Report driver2 October 3, 2021 3:18 AM BST
Btw FOYLES, your Les Arc heading brought back some very pleasant memories. In my younger days I had some great holidays skiing in Les Arcs, I even taught my kids to ski there, great fun.
Report zipperdidoda October 3, 2021 6:51 AM BST
Hurricane Lane. c/d winner; likes soft; best form; good draw.
outsider Sealiway. won 2yo race at last years arc; likes soft; good 2nd to St Marks Basilica lto.
Report Storm Alert October 3, 2021 9:37 AM BST
Of the market leaders:

Adayar - don't like the draw and slight concern about injury. 7/2 this morning, is confidence waning?
Hurricane Lane - love the horse, ground fine but St Leger stats a worry to say the least. 7/2 is too short.
Snowfall - 11/2 with Billies is a huge price if can bounce back. Gets all the allowances, should cope with ground but not a great draw.
Tarnawa - 9/2 Billies a decent price, unbeaten over distance and will cope with ground.

At those prices Tarnawa with a saver on Snowfall. Apart from Chrono Genesis (not sure ground will suit), can't see anything else being good enough.
Report driver2 October 3, 2021 10:09 AM BST
Aren't you worried about Tarnawa's drift?
Report tanglefoot October 3, 2021 10:15 AM BST
Agree with you,Storm Alert,Adayar,weak in the betting market
Would incline towards Snowfall,I would discount the last run,because AOB is known to give his top horse an outing before the main event,GL today
Report 1st time poster October 3, 2021 10:30 AM BST
are the days of backing on pmu odds with uk bookmakers over,or will this be a world pool and can you getnon that
notice mojo star been well backed halved in price in places 50s in to 25,s ,sort of horse that used to be worth backing on pmu
Report Schraderbrau October 3, 2021 10:40 AM BST
Went small on Sealiway as looks a proper mudlark. Tarnawa and Hurricane Lane have that official group 1 'heavy going' form but a horse who much prefers soft conditions to fast ground and his last two runs have been a Derby and King George victory is currently 4/1 in places. I'd feel incredibly stupid if I didn't have a piece of that.
Report sageform October 3, 2021 10:53 AM BST
Just had a small bet on Adayar. I know there are many factors against him now but he is still the choice of Will Buick who chose Hurricane Lane over him in the Derby. I still expect Hurricane Lane to win but if anything happens to him then Adayar should.
Report Storm Alert October 3, 2021 12:27 PM BST
At face value it looks like Snowfall and Tarnawa are drifting, but more probably more to do with Hurricane Lane as short as 9/4. That has to be too short for a race of this quality even taking into account ground and the reasonable draw. Tarnawa my main concern is being a 5yo. Happy enough with my choices and looking forward to a great days racing.
Report geoff m October 3, 2021 12:31 PM BST
I like Hurricane Lane but @ 5/2 hes gotta be a lay . Tarnawa and Snowfall way too big @ 7.2 and 6.8 respectively.
Report know all October 3, 2021 1:00 PM BST
hurricane lane seemed to have a hard race lto be a good training performance to win this, like adayar and snowfall and you need a bit of luck as many hard luck stories, its a very rough race
Report penzance October 3, 2021 1:30 PM BST
Adayar won the Derby on G/S,he won his maiden
by 9L (Sft).No reason why he shouldn't go on it today.
   GL ALL
Report Fashion Fever October 3, 2021 1:46 PM BST
tarnawa nice now 7.6

worries me someone knows a big negative for it
Report Angela Rebecchi October 3, 2021 1:47 PM BST
Can we bet into the PMU on here or anywhere else online?
Report EastLower Gooner October 3, 2021 2:25 PM BST
You might have enough time to set one up with Ze Turf.
Report Angela Rebecchi October 3, 2021 2:35 PM BST
They closed my account for some reason. Cheers though.
Report EastLower Gooner October 3, 2021 3:13 PM BST
Wd Foyles
Report FOYLESWAR October 3, 2021 3:14 PM BST
in yorkshire they say thatll do ,in london they say fookin get in !
Report Storm Alert October 3, 2021 3:15 PM BST
Good grief, has this happened before?  I just think the Arc is not a race to really get involved in.
Report Insideshrewdie October 3, 2021 3:15 PM BST
Great Foyles ;-)
Report 11kv October 3, 2021 3:16 PM BST
YEP well done
Report elise October 3, 2021 3:16 PM BST
trainer's crying his eyes out
Report Deptford October 3, 2021 3:16 PM BST
I had £8 at 100/1!! What a treat
Report impossible123 October 3, 2021 3:18 PM BST
Buick is a plonker. Why take it up so far from home, and on this ground? He got chinned on a few races lately adopting the same tactic. Hurricane Lane ran a very good race, but a brilliant 12f horse he ain't, I firmly believe; Tarnawa ran well but outstayed; Japan close yet too far.

Ver well done to backers of the German winner.
Report elise October 3, 2021 3:19 PM BST
a few days ago, the tote posted a stats piece on the race and they had only 2 horses that met all the criteria, tarnawa and the winner, here if anyone wants to read https://tote.co.uk/racing/tips/arc
Report Storm Alert October 3, 2021 3:19 PM BST
I bet Sir Mark Prescott regrets not running Alpinista Crazy
Report impossible123 October 3, 2021 3:19 PM BST
Well done Foyles. What a price! What a winner! There was no fluke.
Report FOYLESWAR October 3, 2021 3:21 PM BST
well done deptford get the champers out , didnt have on as much as i usually do but happy enough wi that !
Report ashleigh October 3, 2021 3:22 PM BST
sir mark going back to germany for a group 1.Crazy
Report second again October 3, 2021 3:22 PM BST
Very well done FoyleswarHappy
Report Angela Rebecchi October 3, 2021 3:23 PM BST

Oct 2, 2021 -- 4:58AM, FOYLESWAR wrote:

have added torquata tasso 100/1 each way 4 places rated 118 has decent form in germany should like the conditions and his 2nd to in swoop last years arc 2nd gives him a squeak in what looks an open race .good luck.

Unreal shout.

Report Deptford October 3, 2021 3:25 PM BST
Cheers Foyles, well done mate
Report impossible123 October 3, 2021 3:25 PM BST
Where was Snowfall? I never heard her being mentioned. Anyone?
Report penzance October 3, 2021 3:25 PM BST
winners hope you's won a nice few quid.
  wd
   GL,lovely.
Report FOYLESWAR October 3, 2021 3:29 PM BST
thanks lads and good luck all .
Report Storm Alert October 3, 2021 3:30 PM BST
WD Foyles, I wished I had added it at 100/1. Gutted to get beaten by an outside like that, did they say it returned 160.0 on the exchange?
Report FOYLESWAR October 3, 2021 3:32 PM BST
140 something  i think !storm
Report EastLower Gooner October 3, 2021 3:35 PM BST
Top weight too
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! October 3, 2021 3:37 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh
Report PHS October 3, 2021 4:03 PM BST
WD Foyles
Report Celtic warrior October 3, 2021 4:04 PM BST
Foyle. Thats pick of the year. Well done sir.

Does anyone else remember those rip off horse racing games at the fair where the white horse paid 25 to one. It came up about once in a hundred. This arc result is the same. Bookies in clover
Report FOYLESWAR October 3, 2021 4:08 PM BST
thanks lads yeah those fairground games when you were a nipper trying to get that fookin hoop round that jar of sweeets with a tenner also round it  fookin impossible ,or that get a wooden ball in an upturned enamel bucket LaughLaughLaugh
Report 1st time poster October 3, 2021 4:10 PM BST
remember  that warrior,if using it today i,d be dutching the red and blue horse for a return,used to 2 to 1 jt favs i think LaughLaugh,
red 2,s
blue, 2,s
green 4,s
yellow 6,s
white 10,s,
would be my guess Laugh
Report Deptford October 3, 2021 4:10 PM BST
Foyles,I loved the fair in Deptford Park!!
Report Celtic warrior October 3, 2021 4:24 PM BST
First time poster

Brilliant memory there.
Report impossible123 October 3, 2021 4:38 PM BST
Foyles, I hope picking the Arc winner has made your day and punting for the year.
Report FOYLESWAR October 3, 2021 4:43 PM BST
cant complain imp but backing mother earth 1,000 gns  ante post at 25s for good money starting in febuary won me a lot more but wernt good for the heart wactching it live.
Report the numbers seven October 3, 2021 5:25 PM BST
VWD Foyles, I didn't even know it was running!
Report FOYLESWAR October 3, 2021 6:11 PM BST
cheers no7 had to hit one sooner or later at a price!
Report 1st time poster October 3, 2021 8:30 PM BST
celtic warrior funny enough 10 mins after your post,dan barber at kelso on ruk was mentioning the same arcade game maybe he was reading this thread,
the roulette game was the same set up around the same time
Report stewarty b October 3, 2021 8:30 PM BST
FOYLESWAR02 Oct 21 09:58Joined: 09 Jan 11 | Topic/replies: 22,083 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog

Never saw a race today due to overindulgence FOYLES but very well done.
Report 1st time poster October 3, 2021 8:32 PM BST
dan barber said you could be clear on white waiting to collect and red or blue would come with an arrazi type finish to do you on the nod, LaughLaugh,hours of fun for a 2 shillings worth of 2p,s Laugh
Report FOYLESWAR October 3, 2021 8:34 PM BST
thanks stewy and good luck.
Report 1st time poster October 3, 2021 8:34 PM BST
my 2 grandkids just getting in to arcades at the seaside and like an hour in he amusements but its all about games winning tkts for sweets and prizes
Report Rico-Dangleflaps October 3, 2021 9:23 PM BST
wd foylesy.

post ya bet..tar.
Report GEORGE.B October 3, 2021 9:25 PM BST
Very well done Foyles
Report FOYLESWAR October 3, 2021 9:40 PM BST
cheers george very well done on your thread going great guns .
Report Rico-Dangleflaps October 3, 2021 9:56 PM BST
wd foylesy.

post ya bet..tar.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps October 3, 2021 9:56 PM BST
has to be a 2k+ win.
Report FOYLESWAR October 3, 2021 9:58 PM BST
rico put up a 10/1 plus winner tar !
Report GEORGE.B October 3, 2021 10:06 PM BST
Thank you, Foyles
Report Rico-Dangleflaps October 3, 2021 10:08 PM BST
no bet foylesy..Cry

no harm with that.
Report sageform October 4, 2021 9:15 AM BST
away for the day yesterday so had to make do with watching the price movements on my phone. Just as I was relaxing with the Godolphin pair both down to 2. something, it all went pear shaped. I put up Hurricane 2.5 and Adawar 2 as lay off prices but neither was takenSad
Report paulo47 October 4, 2021 9:29 AM BST
Yes well done Foyles , had a close look but just wasnt sure about the ground for it (similar to Raabihah ), great shout .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com