Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sparrow
28 Sep 21 17:46
| Topic/replies: 40,806 | Blogger: sparrow's blog
Following a five-day hearing in front of the National Safeguarding Panel (NSP), trainer Johnny Farrelly has today been found in breach of six offences under Regulation 4 and one under Regulation 6 of the BHA Safeguarding Regulations following a referral by the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) to the National Safeguarding Panel.

As a result of this finding, Mr Farrelly has been permanently excluded from British racing with the right to review not before a period of seven years has elapsed. The exclusion will commence from 5 October 2021.

The BHA and all parties are bound by the NSP’s rules around disclosure. As part of their ruling, the NSP have agreed that the finding of exclusion against the trainer may be publicised, but there can be no further disclosure of the details of the case. Mr Farrelly has the right to appeal the finding.
Pause Switch to Standard View Trainer Johnny Farrelly excluded from...
Show More
Report sparrow September 28, 2021 5:52 PM BST
4. PROHIBITED CONDUCT AND THE PROTECTION OF YOUNG PERSONS AND
ADULTS AT RISK
4.1 No Person may (i) engage, or attempt or threaten to engage, in conduct that directly
or indirectly harms the welfare of one or more Young Persons or Adults at Risk, and/or
(ii) pose a risk of harm to one or more Young Persons or Adults at Risk.
NOTE:
(a) 'Harm' is not a narrow concept, and can mean different things in different
contexts. Reference should be made to the BHA Safeguarding Policy.
(b) It is not necessary for conduct (or attempted or threatened conduct) to take
place in the context of racing activities. For example (and without limitation), in
the event that a Person is convicted or cautioned for, or charged with, any
offence that concerns harm to one or more young persons or adults at risk
(whether or not those young persons or adults at risk participate in racing), that
may form the basis of action under these BHA Safeguarding Regulations as a
result of that Person posing a risk of harm (regardless of whether or not the
relevant offence, or alleged offence, took place in the context of racing
activities).
4.2 No Person may knowingly employ, engage or otherwise instruct any individual who, in
undertaking the activities for which they are employed, engaged
Report Lee Ho Fooks September 28, 2021 5:54 PM BST
Wow! 7 years!
Report Lee Ho Fooks September 28, 2021 5:56 PM BST
I cannot understand why the suspension doesn't start immediately
Report 11kv September 28, 2021 5:57 PM BST
Time to sort the horse's and staff I would imagine.
Report know all September 28, 2021 7:08 PM BST
well could be wild conjecture on what it could be and it might not be that, someone needs to clarify
Report hello :-) September 28, 2021 7:46 PM BST
possibly could concern somoene underage hence the protection from media

merely conjecture tbh but its not kept quiet for JFs sake thats a given
Report stratfordman September 28, 2021 9:38 PM BST
Elliott 6 months?? Hmmmmm...
Report wroughtironronn September 28, 2021 10:06 PM BST
seem to recall him being in trouble with the Stewards previously .......
Report glentoby September 28, 2021 10:52 PM BST
Distanced enough to evade criminal charges to date,not long term.He will soon withdraw the intent to appeal 1.01.

Criminal investigations have not ceased,withholding information is encompassed within conspiracy to commit a crime,FACT!!!

The BHA though are a disgrace to humanity,bullshyting about clarity etc,NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE?

Either state a criminal investigation is ongoing or explain the FULL reason for the disqualification?
Report glentoby September 28, 2021 10:52 PM BST
Distanced enough to evade criminal charges to date,not long term.He will soon withdraw the intent to appeal 1.01.

Criminal investigations have not ceased,withholding information is encompassed within conspiracy to commit a crime,FACT!!!

The BHA though are a disgrace to humanity,bullshyting about clarity etc,NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE?

Either state a criminal investigation is ongoing or explain the FULL reason for the disqualification?
Report driver2 September 29, 2021 4:11 AM BST
https://images.app.goo.gl/DXuxgYZU97XntJTD7
Report impossible123 September 29, 2021 7:50 AM BST
If the BHA were unwilling or restrained legally to publish fully what the ban was for until an appeal (assuming a no-brainer) from trainer is lodged or heard then the BHA ought not to have released the ban statement, I firmly believe. I think it's only just, prudent and helpful to discourage or stop the general public from opinionating on his "permanent exclusion" from the horseracing.
Report Regbutler September 29, 2021 7:54 AM BST
I'm back in Somerset this weekend and hopefully will see my mate who has horses with Neil Mulholland...
I know Johnny Farrelly was training next door to him and using his gallops, just South East of Bath, up to about a month ago
Then, all of a sudden, he had moved himself and his horses back to Spaxton, near Bridgwater, where he was previously based... It's Kevin Bishop's yard and gallops
I remember my mate saying there was something odd going on

He will know what's happened, but whether I can repeat it on here, I'm not so sure
Report G Hall October 10, 2021 8:52 PM BST
Any updates on this issue, it's gone very quiet
Report pandora1963 October 10, 2021 10:12 PM BST
of course the very well to do conservative establishment horsey set will do everything to protect their own, even if he is a complete scumbag, but a plummy accent and the right connections will always stand you in good stead
Report elise October 10, 2021 10:38 PM BST
appealed last wk, tbc
Report G Hall October 10, 2021 11:26 PM BST
Thanks guys, just seemed to go very quiet.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com