Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stayinin
26 Sep 21 16:47
| Topic/replies: 353 | Blogger: stayinin's blog
https://twitter.com/inahoofbeat1/status/1442047837328580612

Family day

come racing Laugh
Pause Switch to Standard View 20 man brawl at Newmarket
Show More
Report ballyregan September 26, 2021 4:56 PM BST
tippy tappy stuff no real connection
Report elisjohn September 26, 2021 4:57 PM BST
great family day out according to edCry
Report swiftynifty September 26, 2021 4:59 PM BST
ballyregan, you may say that, but that pink shirt looks ruined.
Report stu September 26, 2021 5:00 PM BST
Wonder if it was Millwall fans getting pwoper nawty....

Horrible track Newmarket IMO.
Report jamesdean September 26, 2021 5:07 PM BST
This is what happens when stewy b restricts his new tipping line to 6 spaces.
Report ballyregan September 26, 2021 5:09 PM BST
what are all the stewards asian? is it a new stipulation
Report screaming from beneaththewaves September 26, 2021 5:22 PM BST
Should have been at Nottingham races in the 19th century.

https://twitter.com/SartorialThug/status/1440065849478447108
Report Rico-Dangleflaps September 26, 2021 5:23 PM BST
yes,arrived by dingy.
Report Poppydog. September 26, 2021 5:35 PM BST
Newmarket officially saying it was an 'isolated disturbance ... which was quickly dealt with by security.'

shows how blinkered the racing establishment is to this ongoing problem 

In July, one racegoer was arrested at Goodwood after an incident on the Friday of its five-day 'Glorious Goodwood' left one man bleeding heavily.

Just one day after that incident, a man was arrested at Lingfield after driving a car into a crowd of racegoers leaving the track on an evening plagued by trouble. One other man was arrested during racing for verbal and physical abuse towards staff and other racegoers.
Report San Quentin September 26, 2021 5:35 PM BST
Only 20,hardly worth reporting on.Can't see the problem.But then again that's me
Report differentdrum September 26, 2021 5:36 PM BST
Would probably have done nothing if it wasn't on social media.

For many these days it's just day out with racing tagged on. For those people, the racing isn't that exciting, and they have to make their own 'entertainment'.

Racing knows that, but them it is literally 'bums on seats'.
Report San Quentin September 26, 2021 5:37 PM BST
Poppydog "arrested"so what means ZERO.Clown.
Report casemoney September 26, 2021 5:49 PM BST
that pink shirt looks ruined. Grin Homosexual dispute IMO
Report MJK September 26, 2021 5:59 PM BST
Should it not read 20 'person' brawl?
Report sageform September 26, 2021 7:30 PM BST
How many afternoon crowds of 5000 at any kind of event with alcohol on sale get through the day without a dispute of some sort. Get it in proportion please.
Report saddo September 26, 2021 7:49 PM BST
I've been to Ponty and Beverley recently, you wouldn't expect to hear a raised voice -and we didn't- never mind a fight.
Report BlazingWalker September 26, 2021 8:00 PM BST
Reckon the geezer with shoes no socks and shorts started it.
Report FOYLESWAR September 26, 2021 8:05 PM BST
good value for munney 7 races and bare knuckle fighting to boot
Report ballyregan September 26, 2021 8:08 PM BST
I blame william buick for going to early on that godolphin thing
Report swingwhenuwinning September 26, 2021 8:19 PM BST
Does anyone really care ? Beer and blokes it’s a odds on shot
Report mrcombustible September 26, 2021 8:47 PM BST
Not all blokes just British blokes
Report GLASGOWCALLING September 26, 2021 9:39 PM BST
   Specially when they sell pints for £3/4. Easy money for the course.

Must have been Happy Hour for those prices.
Report Theoneandonly September 26, 2021 9:51 PM BST
Usersaddo • September 26, 2021 7:49 PM BST
I've been to Ponty and Beverley recently, you wouldn't expect to hear a raised voice -and we didn't- never mind a fight.

Was at Ponte a few years ago and a music night was on for a 70s /80s band may have been a tribute band. A fight broke out just outside the parade ring and came into it. Ended up with one man stomping on another head. Was a bad incident
Report ballyregan September 26, 2021 10:49 PM BST
that is the differential between fighting in the old days you played fair and knew how far to go these days they stamp on heads and in alot of cases the cowards are tooled up
Report doantwin2easy September 26, 2021 11:09 PM BST
How many afternoon crowds of 5000 at any kind of event with alcohol on sale get through the day without a dispute of some sort. Get it in proportion please.

doesn't happen at church and the vicars got them all supping on the vino rouge.
Report wroughtironronn September 26, 2021 11:39 PM BST
Some real bad lads go to Chester (you don't want to get involved)
Report GLASGOWCALLING September 26, 2021 11:45 PM BST
.... Going to get some idiots everywhere, Chester no different.
Report smirnoff2therescue September 26, 2021 11:49 PM BST
agreed glasgow - cheapest ive found was around £5.20 at both  kelso and Brighton both ends of country - amazed by Brighton cos wuda thought it wuda been £7-8 minimum
Report smirnoff2therescue September 26, 2021 11:51 PM BST
mind you i did do the curry n chips at kelso recently @£8.50 which whilst nice was a cupla quid too dear
Report Lee Ho Fooks September 27, 2021 8:37 AM BST
Minimal security/policing? First thing to do should be to charge racecourses with bringing the sport into disrepute.
Report sparrow September 27, 2021 8:46 AM BST
I read the other day that the racecourses are having problems with staff shortages since the crowds were allowed back. Apparently many of the people employed before the restrictions are not returning.
Report Carveth September 27, 2021 8:56 AM BST
This is happening repeatedly on racecourses and causing an image problem. I’m not saying that this is the solution (I'm sure there could be a better way - ideas welcomed!), but courses could sell tickets that include the price of two or three drinks and/or food (with vouchers or via your mobile), and that would be the only way racegoers could get alcohol. (No doubt an unscrupulous person could get round this). I suspect racecourses wouldn’t want to do this because gate numbers - I'm assuming - would drop substantially so they are caught between a rock and a hard place.
Report mrcombustible September 27, 2021 9:49 AM BST
Sparrow you are correct about labour shortages. Brighton has not opened it's snack/coffee bar in the main grandstand since July. They cannot get the casual staff to staff it.
Report stu September 27, 2021 10:58 AM BST
Carveth - not so much gate numbers (though possible issue) more they wouldn't want to stop selling bucket loads of drinks to make money.
Report dambuster September 27, 2021 12:06 PM BST
Just ban coaches unless theyre OAP Coaches.
Report Alices September 27, 2021 12:16 PM BST
The yobs that go to the races to fight would be better off giving a kicking to the idiots that are glueing themselves to motorways disrupting everybody else in the country.
Report HallGreenSpy September 27, 2021 12:38 PM BST
2 day meet at Warwick last week had bars closed that would usually be open. One of my haunts one of em AngryAngry

£5.50 a pint there but by card only. You can use cash to get in and with the books but not for a pint. Crazy
Report saddo September 27, 2021 12:41 PM BST
If your business model is attracting heavy drinkers to pay extortionate prices for alcohol you should be forced to provide proper security -like nightclubs do- or pay for enough real Police officers to attend in sufficient numbers.
Report ballyregan September 27, 2021 12:50 PM BST
if you have a fight in the street you get arrested but if you fight on a racecourse you do not because zero police presence so in theory if you fancy a drinking session and a scrap with a few mates pay the racing ticket price because you dont get any repercussions, racecourses dont name and shame people after a fight they just say security dealt with it nothing to see.
Report roggrain September 27, 2021 1:17 PM BST
In a pub the publican has a legal responsibility to cut someone off if they are obviously drunk.

I bet that doesn't happen at racecourses.
Report saddo September 27, 2021 1:41 PM BST
If a refusal turns into a brawl you need people tooled up and hard enough to subdue it, stewards aren't paid to risk injury.
Report ballyregan September 27, 2021 1:47 PM BST
if you watch that video the minimum wage stewards with walkie talkies dont have a chance that young lady has not got an earthly against meatheads
Report saddo September 27, 2021 1:51 PM BST
I haven't seen it but I've been among many riotous scenes at football in the past and stewards haven't a prayer when it kicks off.
Report SlippyBlue September 27, 2021 3:26 PM BST
The July Course on a Friday night is absolutely hideous, gangs of drunks charlied up with little or no interest in the racing. Last time I was there I said to myself never again.
Report EastLower Gooner September 27, 2021 4:12 PM BST
Not one proper punch in all of that Cry
Report EastLower Gooner September 27, 2021 4:14 PM BST
Reminds me of when those Russian MMA fans showed up at the Euros at took it to all of the drunk England fans even though they were hopelessly outnumbered.
Report Shanelee1966 September 27, 2021 4:29 PM BST
I`ve only known serious security involved when the Queen is present, say at York.
Report Shanelee1966 September 27, 2021 4:31 PM BST
All they did were bowl drunks out of the way. No firms were there just drunks for the craic.
Report Fashion Fever September 27, 2021 4:35 PM BST
was in the bar opposite the hills shop in the grandstand about an hour before this, some geezer gave me right evils as I kept looking at his bird she did have her breasts half hanging out

can see how theses thing could escalate with the booze freely available
Report sparrow September 27, 2021 5:23 PM BST
No firms were there

"firms" reminds me of the 60s and the twins Grin
Report Blackrock September 28, 2021 11:17 AM BST
Nearly all the fights start because of women or football.
Report Lee Ho Fooks September 28, 2021 2:06 PM BST
As I said earlier, racing should show some leadership and charge the racecourses with bringing the sport into disrepute (and bringing it into disrepute is exactly what they are getting away with).

Never mind about all the deflection tactics (eg can't get the staff, can't afford to police it etc etc). Whilst they are allowed to put on an event with minimal cost they will carry on doing so. And brawls, drunkenness, lack of safety etc will inevitably follow.
Report Hayden September 28, 2021 7:31 PM BST
Anyone who categorizes that as a fight should watch an Ice Hockey game.
Report elisjohn September 28, 2021 7:49 PM BST
well i still wouldnt have liked to be in the middle of that with my kiddies and grand kids, as ed says bring the family
Report Hayden September 28, 2021 8:16 PM BST
Why on earth would you want to take a young family into a gambling scenario , lot more chance of long term tears than joy.
Report MJK September 29, 2021 6:00 PM BST
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/racing/arid-40708730.html
Report Shanelee1966 October 2, 2021 4:06 AM BST
Mis behave at York when the Queen is present and you`re fecked
Report LoyalHoncho October 2, 2021 4:44 AM BST
£5.50 a pint?!  Laugh
My first pint cost 1 and 10.  For anyone under 55 that is the equivalent of nine pence in todays money.  Mind you I started drinking at fifteen.  Grin
Over to sparrow.
Report sageform October 2, 2021 12:16 PM BST
I have spent hundreds of hours on racecourses but only about 4 hours in a Premier League football ground. I saw more bad behaviour and heard more bad language in the 4 hours. It may be getting worse in some tracks but I'm sure there are more fights in the average city pub than on a racecourse.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com