Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Storm Alert
12 Sep 21 15:08
| Topic/replies: 6,416 | Blogger: Storm Alert's blog
I can't take it any more...
Pause Switch to Standard View OMG that Irish commentator
Show More
Report DOUBLED September 12, 2021 4:09 PM BST
dreadful .... sounds like he is having a heart attack late on Crazy
Report MJK September 12, 2021 4:59 PM BST
Richard Pugh on RTE is worse. Sounds as though he's been given a kick in the nuts when describing a close finish.
Report TOP3MAN September 12, 2021 5:01 PM BST
Tbf he is 450 yrs old
Report MJK September 12, 2021 5:06 PM BST

Sep 12, 2021 -- 11:01AM, TOP3MAN wrote:

Tbf he is 450 yrs old

Sounds older than he is. Jerry is actually 40.

Report TOP3MAN September 12, 2021 5:18 PM BST
Is he really.... did he start commentating at the age of 5
Report ballyregan September 12, 2021 5:24 PM BST
jerry hannon is remarkably 40 check this one out top3man
fast forward till last furlong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JolQ97OuzsQ
Report shoodacoodadidnt September 12, 2021 5:29 PM BST
They're all completely radio rental! Mike Cattermole is about the only one I can listen to. Always have the sound off. I reckon I can pick out ONE set of colours ;)
Report 1st time poster September 12, 2021 5:38 PM BST
fails completely on no one rule of broadcasting LESS IS MORE
Report mrcombustible September 12, 2021 6:49 PM BST
Simon Holt is different class
Report MJK September 12, 2021 6:50 PM BST

Sep 12, 2021 -- 12:49PM, mrcombustible wrote:

Simon Holt is different class

Yes he's even more Irritating

Report mrcombustible September 12, 2021 8:01 PM BST
Why?
Report MJK September 12, 2021 9:17 PM BST
A commentator should tell us what IS happening in a race, that's all we want. Holt tries too hard to tell us what MIGHT happen. Hoiles does this all the time as well. Holt has also developed the Tommo way of continually telling us how 'the favourite ' is going, particularly the day to day stuff.
Report strontium September 12, 2021 9:37 PM BST
I'm a big fan of Hoiles and Holt - they are the best around at the moment. Anyone but Johnson and Bartlett.

What I can't understand about the Irish guy is why they pensioned of the one (Dessie was it?) and replaced him with someone who does identical (and therefore equally bad) commentaries. Ireland has some of the best racing in the world - they should act like it.
Report Alices September 12, 2021 9:43 PM BST
Machin is the best, well apart from his puns, makes few mistakes and has a good voice.
Gareth Topham is improving fast and will be one of the top commentators 10 years from now getting all the big gigs.
Report San Quentin September 12, 2021 10:07 PM BST
He's good,full of excitement.
Report strontium September 12, 2021 10:11 PM BST
Full of something.
Report GLASGOWCALLING September 12, 2021 10:13 PM BST
Thommo still the benchmark when it comes to commentating, never afraid to pre empt a photo either.
Report workrider September 13, 2021 10:16 AM BST
Glasgow...Laugh Love it...
Report swiftynifty September 14, 2021 2:08 PM BST
do these Irish commentators ever look outside their Irish bubble? River Th ames, it's River prononuced Temz. Par is,  well surely that's obvious too.
Report howard September 14, 2021 3:21 PM BST
8 year old lad that had never been to school wouldn't come out with that. how do these people get a job ?
Report pablo-fanque September 14, 2021 3:47 PM BST
imagine a commentator pronouncing slainte as slaynt

crazy
Report Storm Alert September 14, 2021 4:08 PM BST
Many, many years ago, I backed a horse called The Bar Rules, it was in the last race before the bookies closed, an Irish NH flat race on New Years Eve. A couple of us backed it and needed it to win or we weren't going out that night.

It went miles clear and I remember the Irish commentator on the blower saying "With tree turds of a mile to go, The Bar Rules is 20 lengths clear." We were both looking at each panicking, how fecking far is that?? Never been able to take Irish Commentators seriously since...
Report pablo-fanque September 14, 2021 4:13 PM BST
Laugh storm
Report SlippyBlue September 14, 2021 4:31 PM BST
Good one Storm Grin
Report geoff m September 14, 2021 6:57 PM BST
Sounds like a cr@p commentary Storm.Laugh
Report workrider September 14, 2021 9:05 PM BST
Storm I'm sure your beautiful lush voice is wonderful to listen to , In fact dreamlike, , it was MILES clear according to you, yet you couldn't figure out a third of a mile ...Your impeccable pronunciation must have had the other market dealers terrified that you would steal all their customers . I'm surprised you haven't ended up on telly or in the movies were there is great demand for someone with your dulcet tones , bedtime stories and such like would make you a fortune . Please take us all out of our misery and do a voice over so we can all admire you ourselves there's a good chap...We are so delighted to have someone who is faultless and pronounces everything correctly please don't let us down .
Report swiftynifty September 14, 2021 10:02 PM BST
evening workrider. If third is pronounced turd, why did he not pronounce Thames as Tames but as thames(rhyming with games). Is that a particular dialect/accent?
Report steerforth September 14, 2021 10:47 PM BST
Gareth ar.. Topham, a top ar.. commentator? "And they're off and ar.. racing".
And still no-one mentions the dulcet melifluous Darren Owen. A man who sounds like a broken gearbox on a Ford Cortina.
Report cloone river September 14, 2021 10:52 PM BST
The race that Storm is talking about happened about 40 years ago workrider.He is not one to bear a grudge Wink
Report Blackrock September 15, 2021 10:33 AM BST
There is no excuse for the commentator to not know the pronunciation of Thames. It flows through the greatest city in the world [or used to be].

And the capital of France is simple also. I think he calls JP McManus as JP McMarnus. Must be a regional thing?
Report EastLower Gooner September 15, 2021 10:55 AM BST
Who was the guy doing the non ITV races at Donny last week…man was yawning on air pre race lol think it was Shouty.
Report jimnast September 15, 2021 12:09 PM BST
LaughLaughcloone
Report MJK September 15, 2021 1:12 PM BST
Suddle Laugh
Report ItsMeSwaddle September 15, 2021 2:46 PM BST
Gettinf a good tune out of himself at the end of that one.
Report BARROWBOY September 15, 2021 3:46 PM BST
Quite a few commentators seem geographically challenged.Sauchie hall street has caused mor than his fair share of mayhem over the years.
Report workrider September 15, 2021 8:20 PM BST
Some funny replies indeed lads Laugh. I really think that what goes unnoticed  is that ENGLISH is Gerry's SECOND language and I think he makes a good job of it. I would just love to hear the like's of Storm try the Irish Language, I'm sure most of us would piss ourselves laughing..
Report ItsMeSwaddle September 16, 2021 3:14 PM BST
First numba 8. Nout wrong with his eyes.
Report punchestown September 16, 2021 8:33 PM BST
Jerry Hannon,only thing he's guilty of is getting a bit too excited at the finish but personally I don't have a problem with it,he hasn't had a bet for years so it's genuine enough lads.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com