Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
11 Sep 21 19:29
| Topic/replies: 31,464 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Cracking card and plenty of invaders who I think will go home with their pockets loaded...
First race I am hoping that Lord Dudley wins for a small trainer , been running really well and deserves to take his chance...
Second race and I can't see past Love end of..
Third race and here's were I think it gets tough for the Irish. The first 3 in the betting are worthy of such and I can't see any of the home team upsetting them.
Forth Race  no invaders and I think Dermot's wins this.
Fifth Race  The invaders to strike again, Appleby seems to have a handle on this race these past couple of years now. Point Lonsdale has looked good but I just question the form...
Sixth Race I'm hoping Sonnyboyliston wins for two of the nicest guys in Irish racing Johnny and Liam.
Seventh Race Adjuvant is my pick , little or nothing between the Irish and English two year old's so far this year .
I shall be setting off home before the Eighth.
Pause Switch to Standard View Curragh Tomorrow..
Show More
Report differentdrum September 11, 2021 8:14 PM BST
Doubt that many punters went away with their pockets loaded today - only one favourite surrounded by 5 double figure winners including a few Harrington bookmaker specials.
Report Schraderbrau September 11, 2021 10:22 PM BST
Weld's Moyglare filly in the Moyglare stud stakes is my biggest interest. He's played her chances down due to inexperience but they've kept her fresh on porpoise and I could tell from a few owners quotes that they were trying to contain their excitement for this filly, in a race they are desperate to win. Inevitably she will run flat now. One thing putting me off is her name. Homeless Songs doesn't feel like a group 1 winning name.
Report Tiger Tiger September 11, 2021 10:31 PM BST
I agree with you there Schraderbrau, the filly she beat on her debut also runs in this race and went on to win a Group 3 and then a Group 2, Homeless Song did the job well that day and at 3.7 thought she was a fair bet for tomorrow's race, Argatha had already had three runs under her at the time and I'm looking forward to this race tomorrow, not a massive fan of the jockey but in Dermot we trust.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl September 11, 2021 11:55 PM BST
I was amazed to learn that there were still tickets available today.
Only 4000 allowed to attend so that's surprising. Are punters going
to be slow in returning ? Seems that way. Agree with workrider 'Love'
will be hard to beat. All other races are tough just hoping for
a big run from Prettiest in the Moyglare. Love won the Moyglare in 2019
when Jessie's filly was strong fancy but afterwards said to be in season.
Have a great day workrider. Gulliver has a stall 2 in the first. He was
a strong finishing 4th two years ago in this race. He might have a squeak.
Report Tiger Tiger September 12, 2021 12:12 AM BST
Why is 'Love' such a good thing?
Report Tiger Tiger September 12, 2021 12:12 AM BST
Why is 'Love' such a good thing?
Report Movewiththetimes September 12, 2021 12:18 AM BST
Five time group 1 winner in a group 2
Report Tiger Tiger September 12, 2021 12:29 AM BST
Good luck if you have backed her, I do like the horse but her most recent form doesn't make her a stand out at the odds of 11/10, but back against her own sex and down in grade may do the trick, wont be carrying my money though at those odds.
Report jimnast September 12, 2021 10:03 AM BST
have a good day workrider another great card and thankfully the uk flat trainers are getting there finger out in sending horses over for the big meetings,national stakes the highlight for me ,did not think much of the irish st leger has jp ever won a classic ?
Report jimnast September 12, 2021 10:05 AM BST
jay trump also amazed me that perhaps people dont want to book online in advance i know i dont.
Report workrider September 12, 2021 11:11 AM BST
Jimnast the cost of going racing has shot up also. Booking online has its add on's extra £3 booking fee etc. I know in comparison to the U.K. Irish racing is cheap, but its now becoming that little bit dearer and for some of the older racegoers it might be the final straw.
I'd say over 65% of racegoers here are of the older type and racecourses need to remember where their bread is buttered, the Government won't always be dishing out cash.
On a brighter note , well that's not really true as the weather here is pretty dull, but never mind we are healthy and have a few quid in our pockets and what better way to spend it than a day at the races with good company and good cheer..
Have a wonderful day everyone I intend to .
Now what clothes to wear ..Laugh
Report jimnast September 12, 2021 11:17 AM BST
yes i noticed the £3 booking fee for the curragh at the end of the month roscommon the day after is better value thats only £2 booking fee so there goes a fiver for something i would rather not do.
Report differentdrum September 12, 2021 11:47 AM BST
Good luck to anyone contemplating a bet on a horse ridden by Orr. I suspect you might well need it. When these races are analysed by pundits there is never any discussion of the jock. It's as if it doesn't matter. How crazy is that? Weld has struggled for several seasons now, and part of the reason for that is the jocks he uses.
Report undertaker September 12, 2021 11:56 AM BST
The ones I fancy at the Curragh today are:

2.20 Insinuendo (w/p 3 places) & La Petite Coco
3.30 Sunset Shiraz

Good luck all
Report EastLower Gooner September 12, 2021 1:01 PM BST
In a fix having backed Search for a Song in the last two renewals…suppose I have to at the very least chuck a spare tenant at her.
Report differentdrum September 12, 2021 3:14 PM BST
Three more races in, two more big prices, and a short one turned over.
Report slickster September 12, 2021 3:23 PM BST
And wonky hasn't even enough cash left to buy an ice cream!
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! September 12, 2021 3:27 PM BST
3.30 sponsors hoss is fav
Bit short
Though

Shocked
Report differentdrum September 12, 2021 3:43 PM BST
Another Harrington special, and another Weld blow out. Homeless Songs overraced for two furlongs, and weakened very tamely before being squeezed out with Orr looking weak as piss. Comfortably failed to confirm her debut form.
Report Cider September 12, 2021 3:54 PM BST
Fancy Weld's in the next one. Looked a beast lto, a bit under the radar even so, presumably as it's stepping back in trip.
Report Schraderbrau September 12, 2021 4:03 PM BST
No Lyons runner, so Keane takes the ride. That's been the way most of the year. Orr is the 'stable jockey' but connections of all Welds runners have clear intentions of not wanting Orr on board if they can help it.
Report Schraderbrau September 12, 2021 4:04 PM BST
In terms of form, the Godolphin colt has arguably best on offer. He beat Masekela lto, who beat Bayside Boy nto, who won Champagne stakes yesterday.
Report Cider September 12, 2021 4:08 PM BST
wd to those on the boys in blue
Report hulk23 September 12, 2021 4:09 PM BST
superstar alert.  not the one they thought though ...
Report Cider September 12, 2021 4:11 PM BST
PL looked exposed enough, picked the wrong one to take him on with!
Report differentdrum September 12, 2021 4:19 PM BST
Winner won nicely having not really travelled in the early stages. Probably confirmation that Point Lonsdale has been beating up not very much. O'Brien will have to find something else from the endless supply chain.

Useless from the Weld horse. He really does struggle at the top table these days. Tarnawa saved him last year. She might need to do the same again. Both his two-year-olds today looked small and weak. Perhaps if he gives them a few more carrots?
Report FOYLESWAR September 12, 2021 4:27 PM BST
ebro river dint stay imo and the aob hoss prob fortunate to get 2nd but will be better over further  ,hard to see him reversing form with the winner tho
Report Cider September 12, 2021 4:28 PM BST
Weld's was a little keen, halved in price ir running but went out like a light. No real excuses in the run. I'm sure he's better than that, perhaps the jump from maiden to g1 was too much too soon, as he didn't really have a race lto.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! September 12, 2021 4:29 PM BST
Winner has a knee action
Dont fancy him for the 2000 gns
Unless it was SOFT
Shocked
Report Cider September 12, 2021 4:46 PM BST
that kid is mustard
Report differentdrum September 12, 2021 4:51 PM BST
Lovely bit of pace setting from the Irish Champion Jockey. Only misjudged it by three furlongs.
Report workrider September 12, 2021 7:33 PM BST
Another good days racing but a few things that annoy surfaced , I was trying to order something in the cafe across from the parade ring but neither I or the server could hear one another because of the noise of the announcer . Its simply unreal that the sound is that loud, when he finally stopped and we did get to hear one another she informed me that they could only serve coffee from the machine as the hot water was not working I kid you not!   50 odd Million spent on that stand and no hot water to make a cup of tea, unreal and embarrassing for all concerned I should imagine. The flagship of Irish racing I ask you.
The racing overall was good and the crowd were superb , its years since I saw as many people around the pre parade ring and the parade ring itself , great to see people taking a interest in the horses themselves.
Love gave her all and for once I couldn't blame Moore as he did everything right for once, Glass Slippers ran a cracker, but the other English runners were a bit on their toes especially the fav D.S. who was trowing his head around and gigging the moment he arrived in the pre and parade ring . Power didn't want to go to post and again showed signs of nerves before consenting to head to post. I thought I was collecting when Glass took it up between the last two only to be run out of it buy a couple who I gave no chance .
  I had no bet on the Weld horse as I didn't like the look of her , she wore a hood and looked a little agitated walking around and ran green imo she'll have another day.
I was hugely impressed with N.Trail who is a cracking looker , I'd say he needed the drop of rain that had got into the ground as he has a high knee action , but by heck he was impressive and is one to follow, I only got 100/30 about him but i was happy to take it .
Its starting to feel like life is returning to normal on Irish racecourses long may it continue..
I nearly forgot to mention Johnny and Liam , well done on a massive result ...
Report MJK September 12, 2021 9:20 PM BST
Good to see you at the game on Friday WR, hopefully it won't be long before we can meet in the lounge again for a chat.
Report workrider September 12, 2021 10:13 PM BST
Always good to see you MJK , we are top of the league ..Cool
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl September 12, 2021 10:37 PM BST
Excellent days racing. A lovely tribute to the late great Pat Smullen.
Also an accurate summing up of the racing by 'workrider'.
I might ask though did Ryan Moore go a bit too soon on 'Love'?
Was in front from a fair ways out. I played 'Gulliver' at 22/1
e/w in race 1. Lost on love. Hit back with Romantic Proposal for the
Irish sprint king Mr. Lynam. 16/1 e/w for a lovely return. Chris Hayes
gave this horse a shocker last time out. Was very good today.
7/2 William Buick taken, and collected. I think I saw a classic winner
here in Native Trail. Lost on Mr. Weld's in Leger. DKW lost an opportunity
here with Oisin available. The front runner caused them all behind issues as he went miles clear.
Agree with the issue raised by workrider with a real need for the awful grating noise level
to be lowered a few decibels. We nearly jumped out of our skins everytime when the announcer spoke.
The interview with the Moyglare winning jockey was excellent but way too loud also.
I'd say you could hear it in Naas. The man announcing
'the winners alright' was loud, coarse and dis-interested.
What happened to 'weighed in' or just 'winner alright'. Bit farcical in my view.
Great atmosphere out and about but like a morgue indoors. Betting shop closed. No visible tote.
Workrider do us all a favour and have a word in your friend's (Kavanagh), ear to lower
the noise levels. Enjoyed the Curragh again after a two year absence when the great
Pat Smullen was with us, and feted by all present on that wet day in 2019.
Report workrider September 13, 2021 10:11 AM BST
Excellent piece  yourself JayTrump summed up beautifully though for once I couldn't find fault with Moore on love , as for Brian been a friend of mine now there's a classic Laugh. Thankfully we don't use the same tailor either..
As that wonderful formite from yesteryear Wildmanfromborneo used to say, wishing him the best of health wherever he is, as an aside .
Punchestown should be applauded  for their effort in giving punters a FREE day, other courses please note. Having been racing for more years than I care to remember this is right up there with anything else , a forward looking course who are a credit to Irish racing.
By thanking the racing public this way it can only benefit the image of the course , all the Management team should take a bow.
Simply brilliant to be back live , I don't like knocking racecourses but the above complaints should be addressed as a matter of urgency .
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl September 13, 2021 6:57 PM BST
One or two other things that I might add. I saw a James Doyle that was so nice, pleasant,
and really courteous. He stood for so many photos with young and old, wonderful to see.
All whilst holding his saddle before going down the steps to weigh in after his third
placing to Native Trail. William Buick brilliant as well. On his way for the presentation
he also stood for photos never refusing once. Wonderful ambassadors for this great sport.
It would be remiss to not mention also that many of the jockeys that did not have a ride
in the Leger ran out to welcome Ben Coen back after his first classic winning ride.
Report jimnast September 14, 2021 8:12 AM BST
seems a great occasion must get there next year as i have never been to champions weekend,had enough of doncaster.
Report workrider September 14, 2021 9:41 AM BST
JayTrump, I also noticed the jockeys lining up to welcome Ben back a lovely gesture. I spoke to Johnny a few minutes before the race and have never seen him so nervous. The whole day was bubbly without boiling over, no drunks falling around either most people just enjoying a great day's racing . Jimnast I know you would love it ,make that booking now!..Laugh
Did anyone else notice a guy called Baker making a book at the end of the line, I think he was a British bookie had their staple type pitch ?...
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl September 16, 2021 11:32 AM BST
There was one bookies stand up near the top all lit up like Disneyland.
Maybe that's what you refer to workrider. Other than that I didn't notice.
What I did notice was the number of ladies standing taking the bets.
This seems to me to have completely mushroomed since I last was racing.
Nothing like losing your few bob to a pretty lady. I'm sure its happened before.
What did you make of the race card? It reminded me of the old benefit nights
at the greyhound track with an overloaded card where you would be searching for
the actual races which was mostly all one wanted to see. Heavy as well to lug around.
Report workrider September 16, 2021 11:56 AM BST
The ladies taking Men's money now there's a thing...Laugh..Yes a huge increase in Women standing though most are only figureheads, as the guy say eye candy though I know for a fact some of them know the time of day..No JayTrump this guy Baker was opp the parade with his back to it at the end of the line just noticed him briefly as I was heading to the pre parade ring. Regarding the card my thoughts exactly.
Report workrider September 16, 2021 11:57 AM BST
P.S. Heading to Naas shortly..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com