Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
EastLower Gooner
11 Sep 21 13:49
| Topic/replies: 17,617 | Blogger: EastLower Gooner's blog
Took tarwana right across the track
Pause Switch to Standard View Surely that’s a clear cut reversal
Show More
Report ballyregan September 11, 2021 2:50 PM BST
stewards called
Report ballyregan September 11, 2021 2:51 PM BST
tarnawa 2nd also
Report ballyregan September 11, 2021 2:52 PM BST
took it across the track surely has to go
Report EastLower Gooner September 11, 2021 2:52 PM BST
Lol that’s a reversal
Report Whippin Piccadilly September 11, 2021 2:52 PM BST
Should be but won't be.
Report ballyregan September 11, 2021 2:53 PM BST
the ruk pundits say nothing really , moore intimidated tarnawa totally across the track ffs
Report EastLower Gooner September 11, 2021 2:53 PM BST
Yeah that’s my feeling WP…should be won’t be
Report ballyregan September 11, 2021 2:53 PM BST
and betfair settle the market useless
Report MJK September 11, 2021 2:55 PM BST
I think Moore was trying to avoid a battle with the Bolger horse but the winner kept drifting across further than he wanted. I'll be surprised if its reversed but more surprised that Gary O'Brien had no idea why the enquiry was called.
Report EastLower Gooner September 11, 2021 2:56 PM BST
He isn’t even riding straight lol he had SMB point diagonally lol
Report CustomCut September 11, 2021 2:57 PM BST
Can't imagine it will be reversed, going diagonal doesn't lose that much ground and Keane was able to fully ride his horse out.
Report Whippin Piccadilly September 11, 2021 2:58 PM BST
Disagree with that. Colin was unable to ride a proper finish there.
Report A_T September 11, 2021 3:01 PM BST
won't be reversed
Report roggrain September 11, 2021 3:02 PM BST
Almost put Tarnawa on to the gravel path. Of course it won't come down as the rules are stupid.
Report ONTHEBIT September 11, 2021 3:04 PM BST
Clown stewards at Goodward recently reversed one for something similarCrazy
Report Rico-Dangleflaps September 11, 2021 3:05 PM BST
2nd held comfy..
Report Whippin Piccadilly September 11, 2021 3:06 PM BST
Was worse than the Dragon Symbol/Campanelle race at Ascot. Frankie was still able to ride a finish that day. But of course the finishing distance was shorter and different stewards.
Report now wheres that switch!!! September 11, 2021 3:10 PM BST
2nd would have got to him comfy if not moving 7 lanes due to Moore deliberately making that manoeuvre..
Report ballyregan September 11, 2021 3:10 PM BST
result stands
Report Rico-Dangleflaps September 11, 2021 3:16 PM BST
now wheres that switch!!! Sep 21 14:10 
2nd would have got to him comfy if not moving 7 lanes due to Moore deliberately making that manoeuvre..

clueless comment.
Report Gordon63 September 11, 2021 3:16 PM BST
there's no doubt should have been a reversal - stanley and nevison saying keane wanted to challenge wide as if that makes a difference, winner took the second at least 20 yards wider of the racing line up the complete length of the leopardstown straight, how anyone can say keane didn't stop riding is beyond me, if he had have gone full bore on that line there would have been a very dangerous collision
Report A_T September 11, 2021 3:21 PM BST
from what I could see Moore went right and the filly just followed him - don't think it made any difference to the result
Report duncan idaho September 11, 2021 3:24 PM BST
RESULT STANDS
Report FELTFAIR September 11, 2021 3:26 PM BST
Never getting past, always held.
Report Gordon63 September 11, 2021 3:30 PM BST
of course it was never getting past!! it was defensively ridden and taken 20 yards off the proper racing line
Report DancingBraveTheBest September 11, 2021 3:31 PM BST
Watched race several times and imho there is no way on earth Tarnawa was ever gunna get by SMB. Just my opinion Plain
Report Gordon63 September 11, 2021 3:43 PM BST
christ it's like a parade of fools on this forum...of course it was never getting past, it was like an F1 race, the car (horse) half a length in front can control where the second has to race, if tarnawa had been allowed to race in a straight line whilst SMB drifts to the outside, then tarnawa wins, hence there should have been a reversal, this was way worse than dragon symbol and cappanelle
Report DancingBraveTheBest September 11, 2021 3:47 PM BST
Even if SMB had kept straight, just my opinion,we are all entitled to our opinions, dont mean we are foolsSad
Report DancingBraveTheBest September 11, 2021 3:48 PM BST
Best horse won on day. Why do people have to get personal and start name calling if not everyone agrees with themCry
Report DancingBraveTheBest September 11, 2021 3:49 PM BST
I respect other peoples opinion even if different from my own, thats the way it should be imo.
Report the dealer September 11, 2021 3:51 PM BST
Correct dancing

The problem being where money I involved the blinkers come down
Report the dealer September 11, 2021 3:52 PM BST
Imo also the winner won on merit
Report Rico-Dangleflaps September 11, 2021 4:00 PM BST
both took same path..2nd wasnt closing.
Report A_T September 11, 2021 4:00 PM BST
Manning might ask himself why a miler gave a lead to those 2 - then found himself in front with nothing to chase
Report lead on September 11, 2021 4:30 PM BST
Not even taking into account that Keane wouldn't be tearing up that increased contract waiting for him Grin
Report sixtwosix September 11, 2021 5:13 PM BST
Only just watched it
Never have I heard so much drivel ,claiming to be expert summary as the so called professional on ITV.

We might as well give up if that is not a dq.

Tarnawa was nearly off the course .
Report Rico-Dangleflaps September 11, 2021 5:20 PM BST
so was winner.
Report asparagus September 11, 2021 5:21 PM BST
Would have been madness to disqualify it imo. Absolutely no chance it cost Tarnawa the race.
Report swiftynifty September 11, 2021 5:34 PM BST
Was there any contact? If no ,it's the same answer as others in the UK recently. Although it's likely SMB carried Tarnawa across the track it's impossible to say that Tarnawa wouldn't have gone in that direction of her own accord. So has to stand for me.
Report blunder September 11, 2021 5:40 PM BST
most
Report blunder September 11, 2021 5:44 PM BST
Sorry , Most people on here believed the result would stand , the price to keep it never exceeded 1.2 approx, so not as many fools on here as some would suggest !
Report duncan idaho September 11, 2021 5:56 PM BST
it's impossible to say that Tarnawa wouldn't have gone in that direction of her own accord

99.5% of horses dont end up twds the near side at Leopardstown imho
Report isleham September 11, 2021 6:20 PM BST
Only the ignorant belittle other peoples opinions however much they may differ from their own..imo of course
Report elisjohn September 11, 2021 7:03 PM BST
"Colin thought he'd get it," said the runner-up's trainer Dermot Weld, who was visibly annoyed that the inquiry verdict went against the Aga Khan's runner-up.

"He said the winning rider apologised to him and if you watch Ryan Moore's left hand, he is edging the horse over. He knows exactly what he is doing. She's been carried halfway across the track and I thought Ryan could have done a better job of keeping his horse straight."

He added: "The stewards made the decision and I accept it, and so does his Highness. We're very disappointed but we'll move on now."

What was your big takeout from the Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown?

What should not be lost in the fallout is just how good St Mark's Basilica is. The 2020 Dewhurst hero is now the holder of the French 2,000 Guineas and Derby crowns. He added the Eclipse in July,  confirming his status as one of the most exciting colts to emerge from Ballydoyle during the current incumbent's reign.

O'Brien was non-committal about where he would go next, but it wouldn't be surprising if this was the last time we see him on the racecourse. There is a yawning Galileo-shaped hole to fill in Coolmore, and this son of Siyouni is exactly the sort of stallion prospect 'The Lads' have so desperately been seeking. He missed York due to injury, but recovered in time to produce another devastating performance here.

"He's just an exceptional horse," O'Brien said of the 5-6 favourite. "We're so lucky to have him, and it's to keep him safe now and have him to go off to stud, which is going to be very exciting for us all.

"He has all the Galileo strong qualities, in that he is genuine and his head goes down when you ask him to lengthen. And then he is getting the speed from Siyouni, who is by Pivotal, so he is a beautiful blend of speed and determination."

'All roads lead to Longchamp now'

Reflecting on the cat-and-mouse nature of the race, he added: "You knew turning in everyone was getting ready to pull the trigger. They were pulling back the arrow to let it fly, so it was going to be whoever had the most speed then."

Not for the first time, that proved to be St Mark's Basilica, who was trimmed from a general 3-1 to 2-1 for next month's Champion Stakes. It remains to be seen whether he will turn up there.

Here, though, he was brilliant once again, and his quality ensured Ger Lyons and Jessica Harrington were not the only ones to depart with winners. O'Brien's blushes hardly need saving, but, if you're going to win just one, trust him to plunder the one that matters most.

For Weld, that remains the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe. He was left to rue whether they might have been better off letting Tarnawa stride on here, but there will be another day.

"Hindsight is great, and we did consider letting her go on," he mused. "If Colin had it over, it's quite simple, he felt if we challenged on the inside he would have won.

"But with the Arc being my target all year, I didn't want to change what has been a winning formula, so that's why we rode her the way we did. All roads lead to Longchamp now."

Watch: St Mark's Basilica triumphs in thrilling Irish Champion Stakes

Read more:

Hurricane Lane blows Classic rivals away with stunning St Leger display

Saturday reaction: Hurricane was awesome but he has plenty to overcome in Arc

No Speak Alexander survives stewards' inquiry to land 25-1 shock in Matron

Bayside Boy enters Classic fray after edging out the Queen's Reach For The Moon

The Front Runner is our latest email newsletter available exclusively to Members' Club Ultimate subscribers. Chris Cook, a three-time Racing Reporter of the Year award winner, provides his take on the day's biggest stories and tips for the upcoming racing every morning from Monday to Friday

FIRST PUBLISHED 3:01PM, SEP 11 2021He said the winning rider apologised to him and if you watch Ryan Moore's left hand, he is edging the horse over. He knows exactly what he is doing
Related stories
An extraordinary Irish Champion Stakes in the Fantastic Light v Galileo mould
Bayside Boy enters Classic fray after edging out the Queen's Reach For The Moon
Ger Lyons picks the right day to return to the races with fantastic four-timer
Crehan back in winning groove as he lands first success since returning from ban
Saturday reaction: Hurricane was awesome but he has plenty to overcome in Arc
What was your big takeout from the Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown?
Key data
Report roggrain September 11, 2021 7:07 PM BST
My question is: Had Moore done what was necessary to keep his horse straight how would that have

affected it's run?
Report brain dead jockeys September 11, 2021 8:03 PM BST
This defo should have been reversed but less likely to happen in a big race..........mr weld is fuming
Report Rico-Dangleflaps September 11, 2021 8:42 PM BST
2nd was carried across the track fair do's..was never going past though..
Report 1st time poster September 12, 2021 12:29 PM BST
all these pundits today telling us  a horse travelling 60 yds across a track as its going forward doesnt lose any/little ground,does that mean the 10,000 commentaries/pundits in the past telling us a horse HAS THREW A RACE AWAY by drifting across track have been talking absolute shoite
think coms/pundits are been far to generous to moore in their praise for executing a plan,avoiding poetic etc etc
why would you want to give ground away to avoid getting involved with a fight with a horse people thought wouldnt stay,surely you,d want to drag a suspect stayer in to a street fight
he may well have wanted to come down the middle but in the end the horse went where it wanted to go and moore had lost control of it imo
but now the pundits have decided it was a brilliant pre planned tactical ride, i very much doubt it
Report sixtwosix September 12, 2021 3:19 PM BST
Try running past somebody who is running at an angle towards you........

I did not back Tarnawa but this is the final straw for me after 50 years following racing.
Because they did not bump , all credit to the jockey on the second ,we do not switch the positions .
Report Rico-Dangleflaps September 12, 2021 3:26 PM BST
1st time poster 12 Sep 21 11:29 
all these pundits today telling us  a horse travelling 60 yds across a track as its going forward doesnt lose any/little ground

hope the people saying 60yds never have to estimate for a carpet.. #clowns
Report glentoby September 12, 2021 3:38 PM BST
No contact = no foul= no reversal = depends on which stewards are adjudicating e.g English or Irish e.g Goodwood v Leops? I can see why some thought there should have been a revised result,I backed Tarnawa btw.However I am dubious that without contact i.e solely Tarnawa being intimidated there were grounds to disqualify the winner.

Had Keane been able to keep a straight line I have no doubt he would have won,surprised nobody has mentioned the weights and ratings,imo makes Tarnawa the best horse in the race at a trip short of optimum,great trial for the Arc?
Report Gordon63 September 13, 2021 10:43 AM BST
dancingbrave - no personal sleight intended, apologies...I'm prepared to believe the words/thoughts of an Irish Champion Trainer and Jockey over those of the Leopardstown stewards on saturday. if owner of Tarnawa appealed I'd bet odds on it would be successful.  as below posters have said, that there was not a serious incident speaks volume for the self preservation inclinations of both Tarnawa and Colin Keane.
Report Gordon63 September 13, 2021 10:51 AM BST
Nicely put by Chris Cook RP - crazy that bans for riding approaching 'dangerous' where the health of horses and jockeys is put at risk seems to be (in some quarters) less of an issue than 1 or 2 strikes of the whip above the mandated level (although of course that is a breach of the rules and should be punished according to the rules)

Evidently the stewards agree with me, as both winning jockeys were suspended for careless, five days for Foley and one for Moore. Are those penalties sufficient to focus the minds of those jockeys and make them think: 'I better not do that again'? Surely no one thinks so.

A Group 1 win in exchange for a five-day suspension is a tidy bargain for any jockey unless he's booked on the favourite for an even bigger Group 1 a fortnight later.

In Ireland and in Britain, we don't put anything like enough emphasis on jockeys keeping their horses straight in the closing stages and we are all losers by it. That includes the jockeys, who are as likely to lose out by interference as to profit by it and, along with the horses, are at risk of serious injury on the rare occasions that someone hits the deck.

From the perspective of this spectator, it is terribly unsatisfying to watch a finish like the Irish Champion Stakes. These top-class races are supposed to show which horse is best, not leave you wondering.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com