Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
matso
09 Sep 21 01:18
| Topic/replies: 560 | Blogger: matso's blog
Have always doubted the accuracy of these calls ... just wondering if the forum have a view on 2 races at doncaster yesterday , the 4.00 & 4.30 races .. both called at 1 3/4 lengths , but in my opinion the 4.00 is clearly wider .. if any of the forum have access to replays I would like to hear opinions ....Cheers
Pause Switch to Standard View Winning Distances
Show More
Report devilsadvocate September 9, 2021 7:08 AM BST
You can get free replays on the Sporting Life website. As a regular winning distance bettor I too have been surprised by some of the distances  declared..win
and lose. But any serious dissent is met with 'its all done by computer timing calculated on when each horse crosses the line' as opposed to what the naked eye clearly seesSad
Report matso September 9, 2021 7:50 AM BST
I have seen the replay many times and I am absolutely sure I am right, I have asked some other peoples opinion who have agreed with me..    and not talking through my pocket as my bet won .. but this clear wrong call nearly cost me the bet .. I have emailed the BHA asking them to look at it .. but we all know what a waste of time that will be .
Report Movewiththetimes September 9, 2021 11:01 AM BST
FWIW they looked about the same to me so stopped them on the line and think they got it right.
Report Go to War September 9, 2021 11:21 AM BST
Matso, I play the distances most days. I've watched both replays and think the 1 3/4 are pretty much correct. I agree that the 4.00 race is marginally wider probably a 1 7/8 but certainly i'snt 2.
I think the distances are pretty accurate however the computed factor is determined by using the official going at the course on the day and of course that is open to interpretation and the opinion of the clerk of the course. Therefore you have to factor in these variables as distances are not now stated purely on how far it 'looks'to the judge.
Report SlippyBlue September 9, 2021 12:18 PM BST
I agree with both distances given and as GTW said, the 4.00 looked in the middle of 1.75 and 2.0 but the 1.75 was the correct call I thought as well.
Report wondersobright September 9, 2021 12:22 PM BST
distances are calculated from time
Report Go to War September 9, 2021 12:35 PM BST
Correct it's "Lengths per Second", however there are different variables when calculating this distance such as flat or NH and the ground conditions.
Report matso September 9, 2021 2:42 PM BST
Thanks for your views .. its all about opinion this game .. Im convinced the 4.00 race was 2 lengths .. Cheers
Report wondersobright September 9, 2021 2:56 PM BST
https://www.britishhorseracing.com/racing/results/fixture-results/result/#!/2021/723/2211/0/

https://www.britishhorseracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Lengths-Per-Second-Scale-Tables-2019.pdf

in the 4pm race the 2nd clocked a time 0.28s slower than the winner...6 lengths per second on g/f ground on the flat
6 x 0.28 = 1.68 lengths...rounded up to 1.75l

the scale is a fairly accurate approximation however the biggest issue is they use the same scale for a 5f race as they would a 2m race
the visual "2 lengths" doesn't equate to the same time for both distances because the finishing speeds are different
Report wondersobright September 9, 2021 2:59 PM BST
its a lot better than it used to be anyway

when snow drop won the triumph it was given out as 2 lengths...the longest 2 lengths in the history of horse racing Laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jL1Yfhzu1M&t=246s
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com