Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Tiger Tiger
06 Sep 21 11:37
| Topic/replies: 21,217 | Blogger: Tiger Tiger's blog
Battleoverdoyen - 156 rated Grade 1 winner
Cracking Smart - Grade 2 winner
Dounikos - Grade 2 winner
Eclair De Beaufeu - Grade 2 winner
Mortal - Grade 2 winner

As well as a hell of a lot more in the annual Giggenstown clear out, a few in there from Cullentra House too.

https://www.goffsuk.com/sales-results/sales/september-hit-sale-2021
Pause Switch to Standard View Horses in Training Sale at Doncaster...
Show More
Report workrider September 6, 2021 11:54 AM BST
It might look good to many but how will you win a race with such highly rated horses, a huge problem imo...
Report Movewiththetimes September 6, 2021 12:16 PM BST
Wonder how many horses Giggenstown will have in training this jump season.
Report Tiger Tiger September 6, 2021 2:53 PM BST
Tiger Roll, Sky Pirate, Ahoy Senior, Stormy Ireland all had no trouble in winning after going through the sales, be interesting to see who buys Battleoverdoyen.
Report workrider September 7, 2021 10:16 AM BST
I think you are missing the point Tiger, a lot of them below were much younger, and had little or no mileage on the clock when they first arrived at the sales...
Report Mr Myxlplyx September 7, 2021 11:16 AM BST
What will be VERY interesting is if Gordon Elliott tries to acquire some of the dispersal.
He is out on parole and will need new owners to fill the ex-Giggenstown boxes.
Report workrider September 7, 2021 3:08 PM BST
Mr Myxiplyx , I doubt there is many empty boxes in his yard. Owners falling over themselves to get a box there..
Report in hell September 7, 2021 3:26 PM BST
Someone will pay over the odds for them, to have a runner in the Grand National
Report doorman99 September 7, 2021 8:47 PM BST
The lunatic Darren Yates probably, him of Interconnected fame.
Report TheAnorak September 8, 2021 8:59 AM BST
Battleoverdoyen and Eclair De Beaufeu have been withdrawm from the sale.
Report TheAnorak September 8, 2021 12:07 PM BST
Cracking Smart, £10k to Sophie Leech.

Elliott has so far bought Mortal (14.5k) and Forged in Fire (42k) from Gigginstown.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden September 8, 2021 12:46 PM BST
Considering what you get for 40K these days, 42K for Forged In Fire could turn out nice, the one he beat on debut (bumper) is not too shabby.

Winner of a novice chase LTO and the runner-up has won twice since.
Report gazza66 September 8, 2021 12:56 PM BST
TheAnorak I have read your postings on AIS’s thread and find them very informative. Out of interest having brought a horse how much does it cost in training fees etc.
Report ashleigh September 8, 2021 12:56 PM BST
theanorak are you buying?
Report Andrew.in.Sweden September 8, 2021 1:41 PM BST
Ashleigh,

See my thread and Alan's posts

03 Sep 21 08:26
05 Sep 21 07:56
Report TheAnorak September 8, 2021 1:55 PM BST
Ash,

No, not buying here. I've given up on owning NH horses, can't watch them without flinching at every jump.

Gazza,

Cost varies greatly depending on trainer, how often you run, class of race you enter etc. Assume a basic cost of £1500 - £2000 per month and at least £300 - £500 for each race, maybe more depending on the distance the horse has to travel.

You can reduce the cost by taking the horse out of training for a period - most trainers will have a rate for what is ususally termed 'box rest'. Mine won't run over the winter, so they have two to three months off at lower cost.

As a general rule though, expect that as the owner, you get to pay regardless. Send a horse 150 miles to race and the jockey falls off before the start and the horse is withdrawn. You'll still end up paying the riding fee, the transport bill, the entry fee etc!
Report ashleigh September 8, 2021 1:57 PM BST
yes i saw his comments on your thread, was asking about this sale.
Report TheAnorak September 8, 2021 1:58 PM BST
Elliott has added Desire De Joie (5.5k) and Smoking Gun (37k) as purchases from Gigginstown.

Looks as if the Gigginstown lots are all being sold with no reserve, as they've all found a buyer so far.
Report gazza66 September 8, 2021 7:14 PM BST
TheAnorak thanks very much for your reply and the information. With those figures I think I need to be looking at part ownership 50 or 25 percent. It was slightly more than I was expecting.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com