Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pandora1963
02 Sep 21 20:28
| Topic/replies: 22,469 | Blogger: pandora1963's blog
the wisest words for any gambler, but probably the hardest to stick to. I would probably be a  millionaire through gambling if i had. Amount of times been miles ahead and just got greedy then lost the lot, so many times.
Pause Switch to Standard View quitting while ahead-if only
Show More
Report geoff m September 3, 2021 10:08 PM BST
If you quit whilst ahead .How do you know when to restart ??
Report themightymac September 3, 2021 10:13 PM BST
There is no finishing line in the race known as gambling. Doesn`t matter how much a gambler wins, they always want to win more and always end up with nothing and start again. Just like drugs.
Report themightymac September 3, 2021 10:15 PM BST
There are some who are controlled gamblers but the vast majority of them have no bottle. Nerve, Knowledge and Discipline are all needed to succeed at gambling and 1 in a million have all three.
Report brassneck September 3, 2021 10:22 PM BST
Its called( DISCIPLINE WHEN YOU WIN) and it is very hard to control ,you need to link it to( FEELING GREAT) and then invent a mantra  ,something like( i'm feeling great, no way am i giving this money back,i will start again with the bank balance i had at 9 am this morning).Then withdraw and feel great.LaughWink
Report brassneck September 3, 2021 10:31 PM BST
the above post(by brass) is called neuro association ,and if you google it ,it may help.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps September 3, 2021 10:47 PM BST
does anyone win win long term re race punting? been around gamblers 40yrs and know not 1.
Report themightymac September 4, 2021 12:52 AM BST
Majority of gamblers are dreamers. Like to think that they are superior to everybody else. You can insult their wives and family but state that they are lousy gamblers and they erupt like a volcano.

Some search all there lives for the perfect system and never find it. Mr Shafter who is banned is the only person who has cracked it and found an edge and he gets slated for his methods on here. Good luck to him. Respect. I'd rather be a winner like him in gambling than be a knowledgeable loser on an ego trip.

In answer to your question Rico, I know a few who have never worked and claim to be successful gamblers but there is no proof. Could be living on benefits in real life.
Report stu September 4, 2021 12:58 AM BST
Mac - Rico is Mr Shafter. Laugh
Report themightymac September 4, 2021 1:01 AM BST
Shocked Really? How can posters change their usernames? Thought you were stuck with them for life?
Report themightymac September 4, 2021 1:06 AM BST
When I first joined BF I bet a horse at Evens for 200 approaching second last. Between the last two it came up matched @ 1000 and couldn't fathom it until it fell at the last ten seconds later. That was my first and last in running bet. A costly lesson.
Report stu September 4, 2021 1:08 AM BST
Think there's been plenty jumping between names for some. Have to ask those with multi names how.
Report themightymac September 4, 2021 1:11 AM BST
Do I curse the person with fast pictures that grabbed my dough? No, definitely not. Like I said punters look all their lives for and edge and the person who took my bet had one on me.
Report themightymac September 4, 2021 1:14 AM BST
Do you bet horses in running Stu?
Report stu September 4, 2021 1:18 AM BST
Occasionally, yes, but I probably shouldn't - I mostly stick to a rule of pre race.
Report themightymac September 4, 2021 1:24 AM BST
My ATR pictures are about 10-15 seconds behind on Now tv. Laugh RTV on Firestick about 8-10 seconds. Laugh Only way I bet horses in running is via keep bet at low odds before start.

I do bet in running on Football and other sports though as time difference not so important as games suspended quick.
Report TOP3MAN September 4, 2021 8:07 AM BST
You got move away from temptation... gamblers can't help temptation, most would cheat on their partners given the chance without a second thought because they're Notorious greedy looking for that playboy life.

Step 1. Make your list of bets the night before
Step 2. Don't have betting sites logged on your devices that are easy accessible
Step 3. Have a daily limit or a mate u trust to have access to your account and put your bets on

You do the above and know a thing or two about punting then u will win long term. U don't follow that path, u will end up losing on a big slippy slope.

U don't have time to study every race so use a method of selection to pick those sporting events that appeal to u.
Report San Quentin September 4, 2021 8:41 AM BST
TOP3MAN are you crazy? Having a bet is about fun making profit for everyone Your 3 step pathway is ridiculous at best or just plain crazy.Why bother?Step 3 in particular.Perhaps you need to crawl back into your secure dark padded room with no TV,internet access and certainly no comedy channel or entertainment outlet.
Report TOP3MAN September 4, 2021 8:54 AM BST
U would still watch them wouldn't u. But how many use their phone to access betting sites and their phone is basically their right hand.

There is no fun in losing money especially if u Have made it previously.

Boredom, greed and easy to access is a recipe for disaster
Report mepoor September 4, 2021 10:12 AM BST
i agree strongly with topmans first one bet the night before and be done with it, that way have the fun for day sorted and always next day , Use that day for study tomorrows if bored is other great way as gets juices flowing again not as easy if had lossing day. but there is the problem if annoyed bet more than willing to loss in first place. So without doubt the most important thing is enjoy the study or quit thats a fact. Here is my main bets from last night all singles but could put small doubles on or e/w as all value bets also.
INDIANAPOLIS 2 55 HAY
GET IT 4 05 HAY
STAR SHIELD 5 15 HAY
TRINITY LAKE 3 25 THIRSK
CLIFFS OF CAPRI 3 45 ASCOT
FORTAMOUR 4 55 ASCOT
CELSIUS 5 30 ASCOT.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539