Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brassneck
28 Aug 21 12:25
| Topic/replies: 18,518 | Blogger: brassneck's blog
The percentage of gamblers that lose on a regular basis has dropped from 96% to 89% over the last 2 years according to the latest poll.
Could the reason be that losing gamblers are starting to listen to the Brass.Grin?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 25
By:
brassneck
When: 28 Aug 21 12:31
Another poll shows that some gamblers do not have a lucky charm(more study is needed to find exact percentage).
Now how  on earth could any gambler expect to win if they do not have a lucky charm?Devil
By:
brassneck
When: 28 Aug 21 12:40
number 7 and number 8 are the most common numbers for superstitious gamblers to bring them luck.
By:
brassneck
When: 28 Aug 21 12:43
A rabbits foot,and acorn,and a lucky stone are the most popular lucky charms among gamblers .and have remained it the top ten lucky charts since records began.
By:
brassneck
When: 28 Aug 21 12:46
The colour RED is the most popular colour to bring you luck among superstitious gamblers.Wink
By:
brassneck
When: 28 Aug 21 12:59
one professional gambler admitted to throwing a pinch of salt over his left shoulder to get rid of a bad run on the horses,while another stated than he would wear his lucky red socks to bring him luck.
By:
Ramruma
When: 28 Aug 21 14:06
The percentage of gamblers that lose on a regular basis has dropped from 96% to 89% over the last 2 years according to the latest poll.
Could the reason be that losing gamblers are starting to listen to the Brass.Grin?

More likely that losing punters are the ones *still* listening to the Brass! Wink
By:
Carveth
When: 05 Sep 21 07:07
Brassneck, where was this poll published?
By:
Gaze733
When: 05 Sep 21 08:58
They've listened to my wisdom and got better.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 05 Sep 21 10:54
A smaller percentage losing means a larger percentage are winning or breaking even.

The propaganda as always, is that the clever punter can win gambling.
By:
handtorofe
When: 05 Sep 21 12:44
The mugs knowing they cannot win are leaving simple
By:
bettysboy
When: 05 Sep 21 12:56
Can they be mugs if the are leaving because they know they cannot win?
By:
bettysboy
When: 05 Sep 21 12:57
Can they be mugs if they are leaving because they know they cannot win?
By:
handtorofe
When: 05 Sep 21 13:08
Yes no longer mugs bettysboy have wised up
By:
brassneck
When: 05 Sep 21 13:16
i agree with you all,the gambling system is a mathematical system that can not be beaten,especially if you are playing against a computer.if you have an edge the computer will pick it up,and hurt you because you have an edge of just tell you to take a hike"(just like the bookies chuck you out of their shop,if you are winning).But REMEMBER ,I GUY CAN GET LUCKY.
now where is my four leaf clover,IT CAN BEAT ANY COMPUTER.Laugh
By:
impossible123
When: 05 Sep 21 16:00
The only good news is a total ban on advertising on every media esp terrestrial tv and mobile phones. Anything less problem gambling can only increase.
By:
brassneck
When: 05 Sep 21 16:10
According to the Chinese concept of Feng Shui Elephants are lucky,"now i am not sure how bookmakers would react to a guy taking an Elephant into a bookmakers office every time he wants to place a bet,Bookmakers make their own rules up as they go along ,so its possible that they have a sign up saying "No ELEPHANTS ALLOWED IN THIS OFFICE".This may not go down well with the Chinese punters who like to take their lucky charm along with them when they place a bet.
By:
brassneck
When: 05 Sep 21 16:17
After all,bookmakers have already banned Whales and Sharks from entering their premises.Laugh
By:
impossible123
When: 05 Sep 21 16:21
I think there ought to be a Government bookie similar to that in Hong Kong with an antepost arm. I also think there must only be one bookie eg one from the high street or online - that's it - taxed heavily to help finance the burden gambling exerts on society.
By:
impossible123
When: 05 Sep 21 16:28
I've seen quite a few bookies that have been around for yonks including some in my area shut for good. I think there's room for many more given the damage of their existence to society and image to the high streets. Any entity peddling any form of a new "crack-cocaine" on the high street ought to be snuffed out asap.
By:
brassneck
When: 05 Sep 21 16:48
The law regarding a bookmaker in in a real gray area.A bet is classed as a dept of honour,and there is no law saying it must be paid.
so,what is to stop a guy opening a fleet of bookmakers offices for one day(grand national day of course).take every bet he can and close them all 5 minutes after the race and keep his millions he took in.No law broken.Shocked
By:
brassneck
When: 05 Sep 21 16:52
The poll is on google somewhere. think its under lucky gamblers.? but not sure.
By:
Facts
When: 05 Sep 21 17:38
Down to restrictions on FOBT's
By:
impossible123
When: 05 Sep 21 18:40
^^I think bookies will accommodate your house on fobt, any time, any day, gladly.
By:
Carveth
When: 07 Sep 21 16:00
Brassneck, Do you recollect how the poll determined whether a gambler was in profit or not? Was it based on an objective measure such as the percentage of bookmaker accounts in profit or was it based on a subjective personal assessment i.e. "I think I'm winning" without any definitive proof one way or the other (noting that many punters don't keep accurate records).
By:
big aitch
When: 07 Sep 21 16:11
I think you will find the law has changed and a debt with a bookie is an enforceable debt now
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com