Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big muff
22 Aug 21 16:28
| Topic/replies: 2,283 | Blogger: Big muff's blog
I hope you aren't going to claim your riding fee for that disaster???
Pause Switch to Standard View Mollie Phillips on He's our Star
Show More
Report wondersobright August 22, 2021 4:28 PM BST
up the inside from off the pace @ brighton...should be shot
Report jamesdean August 22, 2021 4:29 PM BST
Absolute shocker on a horse that shouldve won on the bridle. Should not take her riding fee for that
Report Greenacres August 22, 2021 4:30 PM BST
Have to say Mollie didn't ride one of her better races - yes, I am talking through my pocket!!
Report 1830 August 22, 2021 4:32 PM BST
Daft as you can get that ride.
Report sparrow August 22, 2021 4:46 PM BST
It always amazes me just how many jockeys go for that daft inside run at Brighton but I expect a 7lb claimer might just be taking notice of more senior jockeys going that route.
Report jamesdean August 22, 2021 4:52 PM BST
You would expect her to do her homework the night before when she has a rare ride on a hot fav, her only runner of the day.

"just don't get caught on the rail, repeat to self"

but no
Report sparrow August 22, 2021 4:59 PM BST
Why just her when so many more experienced jockeys make that some mistake?
Report jamesdean August 22, 2021 5:01 PM BST
Because she was the only 'jockey' riding the horse mentioned in the op.

I use the word jockey, lightly.
Report 1830 August 22, 2021 5:03 PM BST
Probably because the Horse she was riding should have won by 5 lengths, but it didnt it finished 3rd.
Good enough reason if you ask me.
Report sparrow August 22, 2021 5:06 PM BST
Well that mistake she made today is made at virtually every meeting but maybe we should just ignore the others and comcentrate on this one.
Report jamesdean August 22, 2021 5:08 PM BST
I'll take back my comment about using the word jockey lightly. She is actually ok for a claimer and still young so may well improve.
There is no way of getting round how bad a ride that was today though. By far best horse in the race. She made her own luck ending up
where she did on a horse that wouldve loved running down the outside with a clear run
Report sparrow August 22, 2021 5:12 PM BST
Not disputing her mistake and she should have won but when a 5lb claimer does what so many others have done at this course then I think it is a little harsh.
Report jamesdean August 22, 2021 5:17 PM BST
Any others that have done it on a horse that shdve won on the bridle will have no doubt got the same flack.
Should she be exempt from criticism because she is a claimer? She's had over 100 rides, it is not as if she's just been plucked off the street to ride
today
Report grayhawk August 22, 2021 5:20 PM BST
I was surprised she made the split second decision she did because she faced a similar situation when riding a hot favourite the other day and chose the correct thing to do.....ie when riding Cherish at Bath she found herself on a hold up horse racing up the inner and she made the quick decision to get out of there and switch to the best place to be on a finisher in sprints there..ie the outer

Lets hope she learns from her mistake...
Report shiner August 22, 2021 5:23 PM BST
i remember o murphy getting beat on a shortie at bath one day does that make him a bad jockey even the best have made mistakes so get over it
Report shiner August 22, 2021 5:27 PM BST
cant think of its name think it was a 2 year old and even he admitted he had messed up after the race earnt respect from me for his honesty
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com