Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
penzance
20 Aug 21 09:13
| Topic/replies: 11,614 | Blogger: penzance's blog
what time is the cut off before the 2 reserves can't
run,even if 1 or 2 runners pull out?
tx.
Show More
Report jonjon August 20, 2021 10:45 AM BST
It’s not really the ebor is it. It’s a compressed handicap like meydan. Horse rated 101 doesn’t get a spin. Madness. It’s basically a stakes race.
Report penzance August 20, 2021 5:43 PM BST
Backed 2 for this AP which I don't normally do.
Away He Goes & Global Storm,if they run.
Looks like the 22 rnrs are that now.
   GL ALL
Report spyker August 20, 2021 7:47 PM BST
Backed Humanitarian at 20's+ over the last week and like Max Vega at big prices - unfortunately they look like they might both be pw and whenever we agree it ends messily so avoid those 2!
Report Deptford August 20, 2021 9:51 PM BST
John M 2 for me, good luck all.
Report morpteh mackem August 21, 2021 10:24 AM BST
tribal craft for me, well drawn , nice weight, more rain the better, what could go wrong ?Grin
Report Lucky Luciano August 21, 2021 10:38 AM BST
Alounak,   big price and any rain will suit. SDS stayed at York could have ridden couple at Chester for King Power. although think its Aerion Power that he has stayed for and has a big chance in a very open race
Report ashleigh August 21, 2021 10:41 AM BST
amazing that haggas,gosden and mullins are running hamish,humanitarian and mt leinster after such long lay offs, clearly been primed for this, have come down on HAMISH to win this for w haggas his father and yorkshie.Excited
Report sageform August 21, 2021 11:42 AM BST
I am also a fan of Tribal Craft. Look at the run behind Wonderful Tonight with Albaflora third. I know that Wonderful Tonight didn't advertise the form against Snowfall but Albaflora certainly did. The Ebor needs a lot of luck in running but Tribal and Alounak are joint top on RP ratings so should she really have been a 20/1 shot? Just noticed she has shortened to 16 so a few other fans out there. Alounak has a lot of miles on the clock. I also think that Valley Forge has been plotted up for the Melrose winning a weak maiden at Ffos Las after a good second to Moshaawer.
Report sageform August 21, 2021 11:42 AM BST
I am also a fan of Tribal Craft. Look at the run behind Wonderful Tonight with Albaflora third. I know that Wonderful Tonight didn't advertise the form against Snowfall but Albaflora certainly did. The Ebor needs a lot of luck in running but Tribal and Alounak are joint top on RP ratings so should she really have been a 20/1 shot? Just noticed she has shortened to 16 so a few other fans out there. Alounak has a lot of miles on the clock. I also think that Valley Forge has been plotted up for the Melrose winning a weak maiden at Ffos Las after a good second to Moshaawer.
Report Storm Alert August 21, 2021 1:10 PM BST
Gosh I backed Tribal Craft & Ilaraab last night. Would be nice if we are all right about Tribal! Prices are lower now. Humanitarian doesn't appeal at all.
Report Life-Lucky August 21, 2021 1:51 PM BST
Call me naive but y o y is Euchen Glen 33/1? I'm on e/w
Report Life-Lucky August 21, 2021 1:52 PM BST
Euchen Glen seems generous at 33/1. I'm on e/w
Report ashleigh August 21, 2021 2:29 PM BST
hamish a n/r.Sad
Report ashleigh August 21, 2021 2:36 PM BST
tom now on ilaraab.
Report Trendy August 21, 2021 2:37 PM BST
Got to be Baldings.
Report wondersobright August 21, 2021 2:38 PM BST
wd sage
Report EVILROYSLADE August 21, 2021 2:41 PM BST
Roberto Escobarr for me. A war of attrition in the closing stages and this one has improved and toughened up.
Report 1st time poster August 21, 2021 2:42 PM BST
he,d prefer a war on drugs  Laugh
Report Pilsudski August 21, 2021 2:50 PM BST
Disgusting that Live Your Dream can’t get a run,then Haggas pulls out Hamish because the ground isn’t quite right.Far too many over-fussy trainers.
Report Pilsudski August 21, 2021 2:53 PM BST
Disgusting that Live Your Dream can’t get a run,then Haggas pulls out Hamish because the ground is not quite right.Far too many over-fussy and selfish trainers.
Report Ibrahima Sonko August 21, 2021 3:42 PM BST
Murtagh is doing a rather good job at training, great ride too.
Report Storm Alert August 21, 2021 3:50 PM BST
Indeed, I always thought he was a bit of punter friendly jockey as well. Ridgewood Pearl really helped him turn his career/life around at a critical stage all those years ago.
Report penzance August 21, 2021 3:52 PM BST
Deptford
   wd
   GL
Report sageform August 21, 2021 5:45 PM BST
Tribal Craft never going but Alounak ran a brave third for more Balding prizemoney.
Report Deptford August 22, 2021 6:57 AM BST
Was out all day and just watched the replay, lovely, cop a few football bets as well, cheers penzance
Report TheAnorak August 22, 2021 9:25 AM BST
Another win for the Irish handicapper. Sonnyboyliston finishes 6th in a Group 3 at York behind Hukum and gets dropped 1lb. Quickthorn finishes 8th in the same, almost four lengths behind Sonnyboyliston, but the UK handicapper doesn't change her mark.

In fact, despite winning a Listed race and finishing third in two Group 3 races, the winner had been dropped a total of four pounds since his last win in a handicap.

And before Workrider turns up to accuse me of anti-Irish racism, I'll add that I think the Irish handicapper has it right, but their system isn't in line with the harsh, unforgiving style of handicapping used in the UK.
Report workrider August 22, 2021 11:28 AM BST
Laugh TheAnorak , I think once again you are correct in your assessment of the British Handicapper , far far to hard on certain horses from certain yards imo, he seems to rate them on the trainers ability to blindside him rather than the horses ability , he obviously thinks little of Johnny...Cool
Report TheAnorak August 22, 2021 12:07 PM BST
It wouldn't matter what he 'thinks of Johnny', since Irish flat horses run in the UK from the mark allocated by the Irish handicapper. There's no equivalent of the system used for NH racing, where the UK handicapper alters the Irish mark in a vain attempt to equalise the two different approaches.
Report workrider August 22, 2021 12:15 PM BST
he obviously thinks little of Johnny. That was said tongue in cheek . I thought you would have guessed that...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com