Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jamesdean
19 Aug 21 15:08
| Topic/replies: 20,800 | Blogger: jamesdean's blog
Ebor meeting offer, new and reinstating customers

https://www.racingtv.com/racingtvoffers/ebordm21
Pause Switch to Standard View Racing tv £10 a month if you sign up...
Show More
Report 11kv August 19, 2021 4:11 PM BST
Been doing a tenner a month for a while now no contract.
Report swiftynifty August 19, 2021 4:12 PM BST
can anyone confirm there are never any deals for sky multiscreen users?
Report jamesdean August 19, 2021 4:12 PM BST
Had that deal as well 11kv, was for 4 months but they stopped that for me.
This offer might help out a few who want it on the cheap, think 25 a month is their standard
Report JJmbe August 19, 2021 4:12 PM BST
Cant see any link to join online in that ad.
Report jamesdean August 19, 2021 4:13 PM BST
MUST END SUNDAY - JOIN NOW AND MAKE A HUGE SAVING

Don't miss out! Join Racing TV today for just £10* per month for the next 12 months - a huge saving for the year of over £178!

This offer is only available until Sunday, so be quick!

Call 0845 111 6999 now and quote 'Ebor Offer' to make a huge saving!
Report 11kv August 19, 2021 4:15 PM BST
I rang them told them I wanted it gone couldn't afford it so they offered £10 a month for as long as I wanted it with no contract....
Report hologon August 19, 2021 4:15 PM BST
Would pay 15 a mo th if they didn't  show Irish racing
Report JJmbe August 19, 2021 4:17 PM BST

Aug 19, 2021 -- 10:13AM, jamesdean wrote:

MUST END SUNDAY - JOIN NOW AND MAKE A HUGE SAVINGDon't miss out! Join Racing TV today for just £10* per month for the next 12 months - a huge saving for the year of over £178!This offer is only available until Sunday, so be quick!Call 0845 111 6999 now and quote 'Ebor Offer' to make a huge saving!

Offer is only applicable via call centre agent or online.

Cant stand talking to the sales people on the phone, no link to be found anywhere.

Report jamesdean August 19, 2021 4:23 PM BST
Try clicking the big 'Join' button jj, if you want to join that is
Report JJmbe August 19, 2021 4:26 PM BST
Tried it £25 a month
Report JJmbe August 19, 2021 4:27 PM BST
Refreshed it now popped up at top, thanks.
Report ballyregan August 19, 2021 4:33 PM BST
been paying 24.98 forever but i do have the perks of getting emails offering me a chance of winning a ruk beach towel or a racing tv gillette
Report JJmbe August 19, 2021 4:38 PM BST
Clicked the link signed up for £10 a month, go to the bank £24.98 taken, now i know why i don't bother an hour on the phone no doubt.
Report JJmbe August 19, 2021 4:55 PM BST
Fair play answered phone after 5 mins and sorted no problems.
Report jamesdean August 19, 2021 5:01 PM BST
Cool
Report hulk23 August 19, 2021 5:05 PM BST
surprising how less expensive it can become when you tell them you're leaving ...
Report JJmbe August 19, 2021 5:09 PM BST
much the same as sky tv i pay £75 for every channel in two rooms with fast broadband, my sister pays £114 for the same she cant be bothered with aggro.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps August 19, 2021 5:17 PM BST
hulks missus pays $80 a mth for mandingo's only fans...local greengrocer supply the marrows.
Report jamesdean August 19, 2021 5:21 PM BST
Pay £50 a year here for every sky chnnel, pay per view boxing etc, every live scottish and english prem match, 8000 movies
basically 50 quid a year for every channel going and live football
Report JJmbe August 19, 2021 5:23 PM BST
good deal that jd.
Report JJmbe August 19, 2021 5:24 PM BST
i tried one ages ago couldn't get on with it.
Report jamesdean August 19, 2021 5:32 PM BST
they used to be hit n miss, probably still are as 100's of them on ebay etc but one im with now is solid
think a lot depends on your internet etc

no use for in running or fk all though as about 1 minute behind live
Report hulk23 August 19, 2021 5:38 PM BST
hulks missus pays ....

you're a sick old man Stephen.  everyone else having a decent discussion. 

and then there's you ... Sad
Report JJmbe August 19, 2021 5:42 PM BST
I think you need to get one from someone you know locally, i got mine off ebay kept freezing, was handy for the boxing but as you say footie was a fair bit behind.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps August 19, 2021 5:42 PM BST
Laugh
Report 1830 August 19, 2021 5:49 PM BST
Still no Club Days though.
Report twizzle22 August 19, 2021 8:59 PM BST
James..rhymes with bolas?
Report stewarty b August 19, 2021 10:55 PM BST
james, how far are this mob behind please?
Report Rico-Dangleflaps August 19, 2021 11:06 PM BST
jamesdean 19 Aug 21 16:32 
they used to be hit n miss, probably still are as 100's of them on ebay etc but one im with now is solid
think a lot depends on your internet etc

no use for in running or fk all though as about 1 minute behind live
Report stewarty b August 19, 2021 11:10 PM BST
Thanks for that Stephen. In reply I'm going to send you my (nap) in the next two minutes.
Report ashleigh August 20, 2021 7:59 AM BST
double page spread in the post today, £10 a month for a year, call 08451116655 or visit racingtv.com/ebor
Report SlippyBlue August 20, 2021 12:55 PM BST
I tried but no joy, downstairs and 2 Q boxes upstairs £24.98 per month and they wouldn't improve on that. Fair enough though, I don't mind paying it but worth a try.
Report Movewiththetimes August 20, 2021 12:55 PM BST
Not on virgin Sad
Report Storm Alert August 20, 2021 1:18 PM BST
Many thanks for heads up. I tried and after a bit of a haggle they halved to £12.49 for 12 months contract when I said no to £15 a month and continued with cancellation. That's saved me £150.

I managed to haggle my SkyTV/broadband/mobile down last Black Friday saving me a £1000 over 18 months.

When these deals expire I might drop Racing TV unless I get another deal. Sky will definitely drop Movies/Sport as beginning to hate football nowadays and hardly watch any sky movies.
Report swiftynifty August 20, 2021 1:33 PM BST
SlippyBlue, that's my experience, they rigidly won't budge on price when it involves miniboxes etc.
Report differentdrum August 20, 2021 1:33 PM BST
Great value. You can listen to clowns like McNae read out out three races before he realises that he is reading out yesterday's card.
Report ashleigh August 21, 2021 8:34 AM BST
yesterdays advert in the post, no mention of today's ad NEW AND REINSTATING CUSTOMERS ONLY.AngryCrazy
Report sparrow August 21, 2021 9:30 AM BST
I noticed that too, ashleigh.
Report Deptford August 21, 2021 9:47 AM BST
£9.99 a month too much, every race free everywhere.
Report 1st time poster August 30, 2021 12:33 PM BST
2 months left on a tenner deal,phoned up to give notice to cancel this morning as not to get caught with a months full price if you wait till last month before cancelling, no tenner deals left but got a further 6 months for £14.95 which gets me till chelt,when their usually throwing a few offers about
Report geordie1956 August 30, 2021 3:51 PM BST
i got £10 a month for about 4 years (renewal every 12 months) .. then when i called last year i was told no deals available at that time so cancelled  ... within  6 weeks i had a letter inviting me to join for £10 ... current offer runs out in November so will call them as usual ... i certainly wouldn't pay full price
Report LoyalHoncho August 31, 2021 4:30 AM BST
I agree Deptford.  It would be £9.99 for the dubious benefit of pundits and commentators drivel, telling us during the immediate pre-off and loading up time how good they are at spotting handicap blips, horses who run well here and maybe even ones who will be wearing a hood to go in etc; etc; etc;, all too late to have any impact on our betting ( or otherwise ) mindset.  Then, immediately ante, telling us how they "did point out pre-race",..........  And all race vids almost immediately available to us all on atr or ruk.
What's the point?
Report the.mad.dog.man August 31, 2021 7:18 AM BST
get rid of presenters then make it £5 a month
Report MythWA August 31, 2021 9:57 AM BST
I have paid for RTV since its inception.
Im a member of the Racegoers Club.
They emailed me with the offer that new and reinstated members can join for £10pm.
RTV have sent me a letter about my renewal of £298 pa.
I contacted CS and told them do you expect me a loyal customer to pay £170 more than newbies who only take advantage of the offers?
I was then given the full script concluding in as a loyal customer I can renew for£18 pm!!!!
I ask why you did not mention this in the letter.
If she told the truth and what the top brass dictate is that 'We will keep taking the mick until you threaten to leave' Using the Insurance Co MO.
Well its what they all do 'really'. So if your paying top whack threaten to leave and save £82 pa.
Report The Knight August 31, 2021 10:29 AM BST
The way to do this is to cancel when any £10 offer you might be on ends. Then, renew at the next £10 offer.

It might mean a short wait sometimes but the service is not worth more than £10 a month IMO, although the re-introduction of club days is good.

It's a bl**dy daft way to run a business but everyone does it now - not give a stuff about old, loyal customers because the view is there are always new ones out there to enlist.

Of course, those of us older and wiser know full well how doing things like that will end in tears once the economic issues of Covid and low interest rates for way too long eventually bites - and bite it will!
Report MythWA August 31, 2021 11:10 AM BST
The Knight yes spot on.
As with Insurance co etc business see this MO as acceptable practice.
They know there are either very wealthy people that just dont care and hence couldnt be bothered with the grief of dealing with CS who just read from a script and are not in a position to talk through customers points of view.
Others are sadly naive. If you are paying more than you need to then IMO that is a fair description.
Report thehoffisback August 31, 2021 8:20 PM BST
Is it quicker than the live video??
Report tips August 31, 2021 8:36 PM BST
waste of time now pics slower than blv dont bother
Report sparrow September 1, 2021 8:34 AM BST
tips 31 Aug 21 19:36 
waste of time now pics slower than blv dont bother

Really?  RTV pictures slower than BLV?
Report Storm Alert September 1, 2021 12:14 PM BST
The Knight - The way to do this is to cancel when any £10 offer you might be on ends. Then, renew at the next £10 offer. It might mean a short wait sometimes but the service is not worth more than £10 a month IMO, although the re-introduction of club days is good...

Spot on. Although not a massive fan of ITV racing most of the big meetings are covered and other race meetings all the online bookmakers offer some kind of live race streaming. The Racing UK coverage has become very mundane and often just flits between all the many meetings they have with little build up / analysis coverage. The pundits are basically just paying lip service and adding virtually no useful information.
Report 1st time poster September 1, 2021 12:55 PM BST
i agree storm and obviously so do racing tv as they spend most weeks of the year enticing new/returning customers with offers,they themselves obviously no/think a tenner is about the right amount
Report 1st time poster September 1, 2021 12:57 PM BST
hennesy meeting one of the bigee,s, add in group one flat races at newbury,big hole coming in their offering next few years
Report dustybin September 1, 2021 1:12 PM BST
I take the 10 quid a month deals and very rarely even put the channel on.
I think giving them something to contribute to the bottom line is a good idea considering they obviously pay more for LV to be faster than the abortion that is ATR
OFC that means if they try and break my balls getting me to pay more I can easily stare them down as losing it until they offer it me again for 10 quid isnt any inconvenience.
Report sparrow September 1, 2021 1:16 PM BST
I doubt very much that any other subscriber would be paying them £10 a month to rarely watch the channel, dustybin.
Report jamesdean September 1, 2021 1:22 PM BST
I was paying them £10 a month for 2 years and never even had a satellite dish, sparrow.
Report sparrow September 1, 2021 1:25 PM BST
How did that work, jamesdean?
Report jamesdean September 1, 2021 1:25 PM BST
It didn't, I never watched it.
Report sparrow September 1, 2021 1:26 PM BST
So why did you subscribe then?
Report Storm Alert September 1, 2021 1:27 PM BST
Sparrow, I'm paying them £12.49 (was £25) and rarely watch in the summer months. Just the occasional evening meeting but just as likely to watch Sky racing. Probably will watch more Racing TV in the winter especially Ireland NH. I always watch ITV vs RTV if both covering, that didn't use to be the case.
Report jamesdean September 1, 2021 1:28 PM BST
Was already subscribed. Moved house and cdnt be arsed getting a satellite put up. I hardly ever watched it when had a dish set up.
Point being, plenty will have rtv and not bother watching it
Report sparrow September 1, 2021 1:32 PM BST
I never watch ITV with the added bonus of avoiding Chapman but would still much prefer RTV. There does appear to be many charitable people on here though and there was me who watches every day thinking that £15 per month might be too much.
Report 1st time poster September 1, 2021 1:40 PM BST
their basically living on 2 races a day at chelt not covered on itv,even the later aintree races seem to have been devalued and not much of a miss, bumpers,apprentice,amateur, conditional,charity etc all the festival fillers been shot on end of cards
Report 1st time poster September 1, 2021 1:44 PM BST
atr seem to put more effort/heart in to their everyday bog average racing coverage than racing uk do
latest example freemantle/luck spent most of this weeks epsom meeting rubbishing the racing and giving the impression they,d rather be anywhere but there,same with naughton at midweek northern meetings
Report sparrow September 1, 2021 1:44 PM BST
Not particularly interested in jump racing so that doesn't come into it.
Report ashleigh September 1, 2021 1:54 PM BST
6 meetings live on the channel saturday afternoon, what more could you want?Grin
Report Storm Alert September 1, 2021 1:59 PM BST
And there lies the problem.
Report Mat22 September 1, 2021 2:13 PM BST
Its free on the Internet. Cool  Plenty of sites if you look deep enough.
Report sparrow September 1, 2021 2:19 PM BST
No use if you want to bet in running though, matt
Report tips September 1, 2021 2:21 PM BST
yes sparrow at least 0.6 secs slower a waste of time
Report sparrow September 1, 2021 2:24 PM BST
tips, are you saying that RTV pics are 0.6 slower than BLV?
Report isleham September 1, 2021 2:42 PM BST
certainly saturdays are a problem with just the one channel..
either a separate irish channel or give it back to sky
though i bet nevo will be in the studio lending nothing to the coverage
Report tips September 1, 2021 3:34 PM BST
ya it is slower sparrow
Report ballyregan September 1, 2021 4:02 PM BST
tips is correct I pay 24.98 longterm subscriber no perks no deals I will contact them tomorrow and tell them to shove it. what's this 12 month contract thing they have on t and cs can I cancel at any time or do they expect me to to pay for another 11 months
Report jamesdean September 1, 2021 4:05 PM BST
No, just 30 days notice if you already been there 12 months
Report ballyregan September 1, 2021 4:13 PM BST
ok cheers james for some reason they keep renewing the contract though every 12 months
Report know all September 1, 2021 5:27 PM BST
gave it up 10 years ago, you would have to pay me to watch it now, you have more time with your life and your not worried about missing a race because all replays are free, you have to be obsessed to watch it everyday every race its like a drug, im not no more
Report HallGreenSpy September 1, 2021 8:11 PM BST
I've availed myself to the tenner a month deal and as out most days know I won't get value for money, but it's there if I need it. And besides the free tickets to Warwick throughout the year should more than make up for my shortfall. I wouldn't pay more however.
Report MythWA September 2, 2021 8:31 AM BST
12 month contacts.
Customers paying different rates except mugs like me.
The savvy 'negotiating'to pay less than the rest.
They send me a letter asking for full subs when challenged they tell me they have introduced a new rate which will save me £82!!!
Why was that offer not in my renewal letter??
What a way to run a business and alienate their customer base.
Report BARROWBOY September 2, 2021 5:12 PM BST
Usual tactics,sky did exactly the same to me,rang em up to get the bill down,advisor knocked it down £30 for exactly same package just called it a different name.sharp practice I saw it has being overcharged for god knows how long not a discount,if it had only affected me then I would have told them to stuff it.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com