Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
EastLower Gooner
14 Aug 21 18:42
| Topic/replies: 17,658 | Blogger: EastLower Gooner's blog
Not on betfair so was going to take a walk to the ATM and then find a bookie for a lumpy bet on Armoury.

But watched Domestic Spending’s last win and thought…yeah I’ll just curl up with a book and get an early night.

But that’s just me…maybe I’m still grumpy from last night lol

Anyways good luck!
Pause Switch to Standard View Mr D Stakes (Arlington Million)
Show More
Report tanglefoot August 14, 2021 7:05 PM BST
Beverley D, Santa Barbara 10/11 WH
Armoury must have good chance
Report ColeWorldNoBlanket August 14, 2021 8:09 PM BST
Domestic Spending will destroy them
Report impossible123 August 14, 2021 8:50 PM BST
is Santa Barbara a good thing? The price (odds-on) could be misleading esp she's a hyped horse; Bolshoi Ballet bombed in his 2nd race in America.
Report Eddie Batt August 14, 2021 10:09 PM BST
Armoury my nap of the flat season.
Report .Marksman. August 14, 2021 10:31 PM BST
The Belmont Oaks looked about as soft a G1 as you could get, so Santa Barbara still has it to prove.  I agree with Impossible that she kept being hyped for big targets in the UK/Ireland and didn't quite deliver.  She has gone straight from winning a maiden to running in nothing but Group1s so it will be interesting to see what happens.  Unfortunately there is no liquidity yet on the Daq because I was thinking of an odds on lay.
Report tanglefoot August 14, 2021 11:01 PM BST
Boom Laugh
Report .Marksman. August 14, 2021 11:01 PM BST
Santa Barbara did look good here.
Report tanglefoot August 14, 2021 11:04 PM BST
For a change Ryan ride well
Report impossible123 August 15, 2021 8:16 AM BST
Santa Barbara won well nevertheless what did she beat? Until she beat Gp1 material here and Ireland her wins in America (Breeder's Cup exception) will not put her on the same pedestal as Minding, Found or Snowfall.
Report GEORGE.B August 16, 2021 9:32 AM BST
An interesting but sad post race quote from Ryan Moore.

"I feel very honoured to have been allowed to come here."

Is he talking about North Korea or another authoritarian hell hole? No the country that is supposedly the leader of the "free" world.

A travel freedom Moore would have taken for granted just 18 months ago, he now feels he has to be grateful for and say so.

Such has been the effectiveness of the psy-ops carried out by the British government against their own people, that when they take your freedoms away, instead of railing against them and protesting, you thank your 'jailers' when they give you a bit of your freedom back, however temporarily it may turn out to be.
Report GEORGE.B August 16, 2021 9:36 AM BST
And presumably, he has had to undergo being double jabbed with this novel gene therapy to have this "freedom" and will be compelled to accept any subsequent "booster" jabs if he wants to continue being allowed to travel abroad.
Report EastLower Gooner August 16, 2021 10:03 PM BST
To be fair…can’t be too many millionaire white boys who strut around Chicago without getting robbed or murdered imo

Special day for our Ryan imo
Report RothmanMike August 16, 2021 10:25 PM BST
And there he was a few hours later riding in France for O’Brien.
One dedicated jockey, and still gets abuse on here.
Don’t think he gives a toss though, good on him.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com