Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
onlooker
05 Aug 21 17:48
| Topic/replies: 37,723 | Blogger: onlooker's blog
Handicap Hurdler at SLIGO

Beaten off 85 and 89 {HURDLE Ratings) (and at 2/5)  ...

Now Wins off 92.

He even does it with the 'Donkeys'
Pause Switch to Standard View What does Willie Mullins - Feed them?
Show More
Report workrider August 5, 2021 6:24 PM BST
I think you need to see someone about your Irish obsession mate...It really is becoming a huge problem for you I'm afraid...Every point is about the Irish , I know we are a attractive race but your attraction is way over the top...
Report onlooker August 5, 2021 7:08 PM BST
NONSENSE

I have asked an absolutely  VALID QUESTION ...

That many others are thinking EXACTLY the same .... and wondering
------------

It is YOU - Who just JUMPS IN - ALL the time - being ULTRA-DEFENSIVE ....

.... even when - the item is UNdefendable ...

As in the incompetent idiot at Galway last week .... with the Disqualification race.
Report deliris August 5, 2021 7:18 PM BST
hey onlooker im still alive and no jab Laugh
Report onlooker August 5, 2021 7:20 PM BST
^ Even - KEVIN BLAKE - Gave the GALWAY incompetent a FULL=ON  Slating - on the Racing Debate - saying EXACTLY the SAME as I posted on here...

The horse should have been a NON-Runner ... and NOT ...

On the question of why ALIZARINE wasn't declared a non-runner and Rule 4 deductions implemented, Cronin the IHRB communications officer, said:

"We had to Disqualify SOMETHING"

As the horse ALIZARINE did not run in the race, that horse was deemed to be UNplaced

---------

WHAT ? .... Talk about CONTRADICTING YOURSELF !

"We had to Disqualify SOMETHING"    CryGrin
Report ItsMeSwaddle August 5, 2021 7:23 PM BST
Workrider every time someone says anything remotely negative about Ireland you say they slate Ireland.

His point is more than valid, his question happens to be about something strange happening in Ire.

Does it matter whether he is Irish or Mongolian...the question is still relavant?
Report slickster August 5, 2021 7:25 PM BST
You are aware wonky goes around dressed as a leprechaun with green blinkers on...
Report Wesdag August 5, 2021 7:28 PM BST
Workrider playing the race card to a perfectly reasonable question.

Cry

I'm sure plenty in Ireland are asking the same thing.

Not saying he's dodgy btw, just curious as to how he does it.
Report ItsMeSwaddle August 5, 2021 7:55 PM BST
Both the above have probably phrased it better than me.

I am sure it cant be long before we hear about the carrots genuinely.
Report doorman99 August 5, 2021 7:59 PM BST
Regardless of the childish squabbles above both horses tonight pulled hard nearly all the way yet still both hacked up, that was the extraordinary thing about both races.
Report 11kv August 5, 2021 8:02 PM BST
Maybe he can train.Plain
Report onlooker August 5, 2021 8:08 PM BST
That  is not in doubt - 11kv ...

But - the implication of Your Statement is that ....

NOBODY else can.

Think about it.
Report rock piper August 5, 2021 8:08 PM BST
He gets them fit and ready and somehow he gets them to relax in the prelims, I was there at the parade ring tonight and the first two were absolutely switched off, they went down with their heads in their chests, went around with their heads in their chests and came home the same way. Didn't hang about for the bumper.
Report 11kv August 5, 2021 8:13 PM BST
Some trainers are better than others
Report penzance August 5, 2021 8:14 PM BST
the bloke's a top class trainer.
Report doorman99 August 5, 2021 8:16 PM BST
rock piper, were  you watching the same horses ? Jesus Chrst, Attitash and Arctic warrior couldn't have pulled any harder if they tried! settled they certainly weren't!
Report slickster August 5, 2021 8:18 PM BST
Where's his vet? The syringe in the stables bloke..
Report penzance August 5, 2021 8:21 PM BST
if the Broccoli Battalion feel so strongly about
what they're insinuating,why not go to the proper
authorities?
We get this every time certain stables have winners.
Report Blackrock August 5, 2021 8:23 PM BST
It's not the triers that bother me. Sad
Report onlooker August 5, 2021 8:34 PM BST
penzance -

There are more (protecting self-interest) 'blind-eyes' in/at - "the Authorities" - than there were when King Harold got his at Hastings.
Report workrider August 5, 2021 10:33 PM BST
That  is not in doubt - 11kv ...

But - the implication of Your Statement is that ....

NOBODY else can.

Think about it.
Were in Heavens name did the lad say NOBODY else can , seriously its a bigger hole you are digging for yourself.
  Now you are telling people what they SHOULD be thinking .
Of course the Galway thing was an absolute disgrace and I said so myself , but EVERY Irish winner is now getting fed something according to you .
Charlie has trained 3 Derby winners from a PROVEN yard that administered drugs yet not one word of implication from your good self . Every one of your post here today was in connection with something Irish .
No Onlooker its not me who needs to look at himself and if you are truthful you'll realise WHO needs it most.
Report cloone river August 5, 2021 10:41 PM BST
Has this ever happened before were Willie improved a horse from another stable?
Looking at his form he was well in off 92.It was a good PTP he was fifth in and the run and form at Tramore was they for all to see.
Punters have to put the hours in to make it pay.It is to easy to go looking for something that is not they.
Report Tiger Tiger August 6, 2021 12:09 AM BST
Not so long ago, certain Welsh trainers seemed to be improving their horses performances no end, same thing on here, what carrots are they on etc etc, it didnt last of course.

Just please accept that Mullins is a Master trainer, the best in the business.
Report know all August 6, 2021 10:34 AM BST
the best ive ever known, the only other was m pipe , streets ahead of anyone else and a golden egg if you understand how they operate
Report steerforth August 6, 2021 10:38 AM BST
I asked a similar question on another thread - and it IS a legitimate question. No question that he's a brilliant trainer, but what does Mullins do that others can't or don't? There is nothing sinisiter or implied - just an interesting point for discussion.
Report workrider August 6, 2021 10:55 AM BST
Fair play Steerforth a reasonable question and correctly put , this is what other trainers should be asking . Know All refares to a wonderful trainer in Martin Pipe another incredible trainer in his time and I fully recommend that anyone who can lay their hands on a copy of his book buy it and read a amazing story.He also suffered from people like Onlooker as he freely admits in his wonderful book. Every day he was under the microscope , all sorts of accusations were levelled at him . He was simply light years ahead of the posse . As I think is Willie...
Report saxon farm August 6, 2021 12:54 PM BST
onlooker will be along with a bouncing reply shortly…….. as soon as he has finished mowing his lawns!
Report workrider August 6, 2021 1:25 PM BST
I'm sure he will Saxon, not before he searches the internet looking for a Irishman somewhere in the World who's horse has won a race so he can pose the question. What did he feed it!..Laugh
Report pablo-fanque August 6, 2021 1:35 PM BST
what does Mullins do that others can't or don't?

no idea , but if i was to guess, i would say most of it is pure talent in reading each horse individually as to knowing their requirements

the same could be said about the greats such as tiger woods, ronnie o'sullivan , phil taylor etc . i'd say talent
Report workrider August 6, 2021 1:41 PM BST
Well said Pablo..
Report oneten August 6, 2021 3:06 PM BST
Vet found in dawn raid at Mullins yard with a jeep full of steroids, vet gets prosecuted and warned off and Mullins gets off scot free.  Go figure why the horses might run better than expected.
Report slickster August 6, 2021 3:32 PM BST
If your name is mullins walsh o'brien or de bromhead you can do as you please and GET AWAY WITH IT. It's happening before our eyes. How many odds on shots did the stuntman jump off?
Report tanglefoot August 6, 2021 3:40 PM BST
A few Mullins horses that had won under his tutelage  were sent to Nicholls,who could not get a trot out of them Laugh
Report impossible123 August 6, 2021 3:48 PM BST
"A few of Mullins....sent to Nicholls who could not get a trot out of them"

I wonder why? Magic carrots not available perhaps. Or Nicholls is hopeless at training Mullins' former charges.
Report EastLower Gooner August 6, 2021 4:45 PM BST
On an unrelated note…don’t eat horse feed

I tried it…got some impressive gains but lord my toilet took a pounding.

Gave up and just sat on the side of the bath in the end.

Big gains though…triceps like an animal…excuse the pun.
Report Punter #1 August 6, 2021 6:27 PM BST
Due to Brexit, the Irish magic carrots are too expensive to import into Britain.
Report steerforth August 6, 2021 6:54 PM BST
The root vegetable line is wearing thin.
Report basilbrush August 7, 2021 5:46 PM BST
Ruby the stuntman jumped off loads when he rode for Mullins.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com