Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
differentdrum
02 Aug 21 11:48
| Topic/replies: 12,915 | Blogger: differentdrum's blog
Been following the sport for nearly 50 years, but not sure I watched one race live at Goodwood last week. It's a sorry state to not bother with one of the supposed highlights of the season.

The jumps season may rekindle some enthusiasm, but not at all confident.

I think it boils down to a massive mistrust of the weighing room. I used to scoff at people who used to bang on about the game being bent, but what's the difference when you can't rely on the jock not messing up on a regular basis.

Of course the ridiculous number of fixtures doesn't help. It is hard to believe anyone could keep on top of the form.

I am very much old style thinking you should be able to pick winners before a race. Despite various restrictions and closures I have managed a small profit year after year, but since around last September/October that has all changed. It's hard to believe anyone suddenly becomes a useless gambler overnight. Yes, I have been down during a year before, but have never felt that I couldn't turn it around. Not anymore.

Sad to say, but take away the betting angle, and other sports are a much better watch.
Pause Switch to Standard View Olympics & 100 - Why Bother With Racing?
Show More
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com