Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GEORGE.B
01 Aug 21 18:19
| Topic/replies: 50,683 | Blogger: GEORGE.B's blog
Must mean we're gonna be bombarded with Flat meetings then
Pause Switch to Standard View No jump racing for 13 days
Show More
Report Cork Langer August 1, 2021 10:24 PM BST
NH card at Cork tomorrow
Report GEORGE.B August 1, 2021 10:56 PM BST
There may be some in France too, another foreign country, but what's that got to do with the UK?

Irish Sports further down on the LHS. Hth.
Report smirnoff2therescue August 1, 2021 11:12 PM BST
George has lost something - i know not wot but hey lets dance......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmUyEDG7Jy0
Report Cork Langer August 1, 2021 11:13 PM BST
My apologies had not realised that you had the authority to decree the forum to be for the UK only and about UK racing.
Report Cork Langer August 1, 2021 11:14 PM BST
s2tr - how is the body coping with the latest round?
Report smirnoff2therescue August 1, 2021 11:17 PM BST
not gr8 m8 two days in hospital after bloods were all wrong but back home and im still alive so all good CoolCoolLoveLove
Report GEORGE.B August 1, 2021 11:18 PM BST
You knew I was referring to UK racing, but you thought you'd be a pedantic smart @rse anyway.

Why do you lie, I've never claimed any authority, nor made any decree.

I made only factual statements as far I'm concerned, Ireland is a foreign country and there is an Irish Sports forum further down.
Report smirnoff2therescue August 1, 2021 11:18 PM BST
keep joking wiv me mates the cancer/chemo will kill me

trust me.... the chemo is having a fooking gud try LoveLoveLaughLaughLaugh
Report Tiger Tiger August 1, 2021 11:24 PM BST
Could be a meeting at Downpatrick this Saturday, sold out I believe.
Report Cork Langer August 1, 2021 11:25 PM BST
No idea who has upset you or put you in such a mood, try to relax and stop looking for things that are not there, gl
Report Cork Langer August 1, 2021 11:26 PM BST
Keep fighting st2r, Newcastle will need your support this year...!
Report GEORGE.B August 1, 2021 11:53 PM BST
Cork Langer 01 Aug 21 22:25 
No idea who has upset you or put you in such a mood, try to relax and stop looking for things that are not there, gl

Welcome to the Betfair forum, psychoanalysis for free.

FYI Cork Langer, I'm in good spirits, not in "such a mood" at all. Just because you didn't like how I responded to your pedantic post, doesn't mean I must be in a bad mood. Hth.
Report smirnoff2therescue August 1, 2021 11:55 PM BST
it was me George ..... i rest me case LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report GEORGE.B August 1, 2021 11:59 PM BST
It was you?

Why, what did you do?
Report smirnoff2therescue August 2, 2021 12:01 AM BST
on it like a car bonnet

that will do for me

night george LoveLoveLoveLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Cork Langer August 2, 2021 12:16 AM BST
Thanks for clarifying that it is pedantic to merely point out something that I assumed you had overlooked, no harm done though, you are the one that has embarrassed yourself over it, gl
Report GEORGE.B August 2, 2021 12:44 AM BST
Keep digging Cork Langer, you knew fine well I was referring to British racing, but you thought you'd be a pedantic smart @rse anyway.

Btw, are there any other foreign countries I had "overlooked" where jump racing is taking place?
France, USA?
Report mrcombustible August 2, 2021 7:30 AM BST
The occupied territories have a NH meeting on Sunday .
Report Dr Crippen August 2, 2021 10:20 AM BST
I like the jumps. Plenty of betting opportunities.
But if I had to put serious money on a bet it wouldn't be a jump race.
Report BOG DARKING August 2, 2021 11:00 AM BST
a drunken outburst on an anonymous forum
I'm embarrased for you
Report Celtic warrior August 2, 2021 11:39 AM BST
Summer jumping should have a break. Mental health of jockeys and staff and proper holiday, covid dependent.

Way too much racing.
Report The Management August 2, 2021 11:41 AM BST
13 day break? - Surely what you mean is 13 days until we are back on "the road to Cheltenham" CryCry
Report GEORGE.B August 2, 2021 12:18 PM BST
I'm going to presume BOGGY's post is aimed at me, like his previous 200 have been.

He's absolutely obsessed with me.

Hang on a tick, just going to look out the window to check that he isn't raking through me bins.
Report Dr Crippen August 2, 2021 12:18 PM BST
Too much racing from whose point of view Celtic?

The horses still have to be looked after even if there's no racing.

As for the jockeys. It's a case of no rides no money for most.
Report GEORGE.B August 2, 2021 12:19 PM BST
BOGGY in awe of GEORGE.B.
WAC.
Report Dr Crippen August 2, 2021 12:21 PM BST
He's absolutely obsessed with me.

You must be doing something right then GEORGE.
Report GEORGE.B August 2, 2021 12:26 PM BST
Ignoring the trolls Dr Crippen and getting back on topic, didn't they a while back in Ireland, give the top boys and girls a break, but still had jump racing on with only jocks who had ridden less than so many winners, eligible to ride?
Report Dr Crippen August 2, 2021 12:29 PM BST
I don't know GEORGE.
Report Dr Crippen August 2, 2021 12:33 PM BST
June and July used to be closed for the jumps over here.
Report Dr Crippen August 2, 2021 12:36 PM BST
I remember trainers moaning about the hard ground they used to get in August.
Some horses could handle it of course.
They'd only run them on hard ground, when other trainers wouldn't risk anything decent.
Report Dr Crippen August 2, 2021 12:38 PM BST
Jumping would finish on the 31st May every year.

Then we could start throwing our money away on flat horses we knew nothing about.
Report Celtic warrior August 2, 2021 3:50 PM BST
Remember summer hols from university in 1985. Blistering hot outside. Smoke filled bookies with no windows. Everyone coughing. Just Devon and Exeter and Newton Abbott. Six three runner races with martin pipe odds on shots i each.

No pictures. No extel charade which would have been perfect for thommo
Report duffy August 2, 2021 3:57 PM BST
No jump racing for 13 days in August, should be no jump racing from June-August.
Report jerseyboy August 2, 2021 4:50 PM BST
Jersey Champion Hurdle on Sunday    Entries from C.Longsdon  N.Mulholland  Plus our local hurdlers..
For all the know alls betting will be at app 128 %
Report jerseyboy August 2, 2021 4:50 PM BST
Jersey Champion Hurdle on Sunday    Entries from C.Longsdon  N.Mulholland  Plus our local hurdlers..
For all the know alls betting will be at app 128 %
Report barstool August 2, 2021 5:01 PM BST
What sort of prize money are they running for jboy?
Report jerseyboy August 2, 2021 5:32 PM BST
Hi Barstool   Nothing great i believe first  collects app. 3k  Plus they receive assisted travel money for running in Jersey,  QUITE OFTEN IT IS THE OWNER WHO COMBINES A HJOLIDAY WITH HAVING THEIR HORSE RUN HERE AND PROBABLY WIN.Sorry about the capitals, N.Mulholland and a couple of his owners are frequent visitors here, with great success with their raiders. Other visitors have included G Baker  V.Dartnall  Mrs. S. Gardner  A Carroll  H Dunlop  M.Appleby  etc..
Report penzance August 2, 2021 5:39 PM BST
Contingency Fee he won out there,not to long ago.?
Report jerseyboy August 2, 2021 7:26 PM BST
Penzance  Yes Contingency Fee has raced here twice, got beat first visit came 2nd  imo  the jockey was inexperienced at that time  re both the course and not that many ride,  however next time a different story the horse and jockey won well..
Report barstool August 2, 2021 7:57 PM BST
Thanks, Jerseyboy.

Often fancied a week in Jersey when the races are on. Think I will do it next year with the overseas trips still looking doubtful. Which month has the first meeting or which meet would you recommend? Recently visited the Scilly Isles and loved it. Would you say Jersey is the pick of the Channel Islands?
Report jackdaw August 2, 2021 8:00 PM BST
Newton Abbot would normally have one or more meetings during this period but they are relaying the chase course. Meetings on 21st & 29th Aug.
Report jackdaw August 2, 2021 8:03 PM BST
Apologies that should be 21st and 31st Aug.
Report jerseyboy August 3, 2021 1:45 PM BST
Barstool   Jersey definitely the best of the C I   I would say that   Jersey racing nearly always start at Easter Monday and normally finishes August Bank holiday Monday.. Normal season has 10 meetings app every 2 weeks.. More details can be found on the Jersey Race club site.
Only 5 races per meeting Always start with a hurdle race then 4 flat races..
Report Celtic warrior August 3, 2021 2:28 PM BST
Les landes is a treat. High up overlooking the sea with temporary stands.

All the details are on the site. I even asked and got past results from them a few years back.

Jersey, is that imfamous old bookie still plying his trade with 160% over rounds?

If you get bored of horses there's loads of crown and anchor to bet on at decent overounds. But pure game of luck

I would recommend Jersey to everyone. Fabulous empty beaches awesome crab a half decent zoo ( which doesn't appear cruel) and a nazi war museum inside a damp concrete bunker. Finally loads of bars in St helier and a ferry over to France for a boozy day trip

Yours

Celtic travel inc
Report 1830 August 3, 2021 3:19 PM BST
Years ago, not many tracks had watering systems.
A lot of the going over the jump in the Summer was run on Bone hard Firm or Good to Firm with poor Grass coverings, which was on unfair on the Horses and probably the Jockeys if they had a fall.
Now with the watering Systems most Jumps Tracks can maintain Good ground.
People saying that there should be a two months break, what about the owners of the Horses.
If I owned a Jumps horse I would want it to have the chance to run all year long.
As for the staff, if they wish to take Holidays during the Summer Months its up to the Trainers and Jockeys  to make that happen.
If they cant sort that part out, then the Higher authorities need to step in.
Report jerseyboy August 3, 2021 4:13 PM BST
Celtic   Yes Honest Nev aged 85 i think     still going, over rounds now down to app 125/130  lol  Expenses my boy...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com