Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tanglefoot
31 Jul 21 18:28
| Topic/replies: 12,981 | Blogger: tanglefoot's blog
First three placing,obviously got the feed right
Pause Switch to Standard View Jamaican women win 100 m
Show More
Report tanglefoot July 31, 2021 7:37 PM BST
They managed to nab the  Nigerian who most prob would have won
Report swiftynifty July 31, 2021 8:41 PM BST
do you mean weed?
Report tanglefoot July 31, 2021 9:16 PM BST
Whatever they are taking Laugh
Report angrybryan July 31, 2021 9:38 PM BST
Pharmaceutical help,as in cycling, as in athletics.I have forgotten the year but in one 100 metres final that Linford Christie contested all the athletes which ran in that final were subsequently found guilty of doping offences at later times in their careers.This says it all about athletics.
Report leif July 31, 2021 9:44 PM BST
Veiled racism thread?
Report angrybryan July 31, 2021 9:57 PM BST
leif it out.
Report leif July 31, 2021 10:01 PM BST
racist bullying?
Report angrybryan July 31, 2021 10:12 PM BST
Elucidate comrade
Report leif July 31, 2021 10:17 PM BST
White cloaks (eye holes)

Burning crosses.

Nooses, tree branches.

is that ok?
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 July 31, 2021 10:25 PM BST
Leif knows

Shooting unarmed Irishmen

Is that ok?
Report angrybryan July 31, 2021 10:28 PM BST
Drug cheats are drug cheats in my book
Report snowynoon July 31, 2021 10:30 PM BST
Seems to me the only "racism " in this thread is imaginary on your part ,leif .
Report ballyregan July 31, 2021 10:30 PM BST
rumbustious thread
Report leif July 31, 2021 10:34 PM BST
Seems to me the only "racism " in this thread is imaginary on your part ,leif .

futile attempt IMO
Report leif July 31, 2021 10:38 PM BST
Drug cheats are drug cheats in my book

Totally unsubstantiated and thus total bowlocks IMO

These athletes have sacrificed a lot to achieve, whereas you 'knockers' take cheap shots in such a  derogatory manner.

despicable barstewards imo
Report ballyregan July 31, 2021 10:41 PM BST
if you analyse the 100 metres since 1984 the olympics have all been won by people of colour both mens and womens bar yulia nesterenka of belarus in 2004
Report leif July 31, 2021 10:42 PM BST
Taking a punt you're a few stone heavier than you were at the start of lockdown yet have the audacity to take a pop at those who have focussed on a regime to endure and facilitate a world class performance.

post, and juxtapose a photo of yourself and those who you ridicule here?
Report Wesdag July 31, 2021 10:43 PM BST
Tbf, they're just seething just like their mentor did when Jesse Owens cleaned up.

Has it escaped their attention that (East) German women  no longer do well in sprints?
Report angrybryan July 31, 2021 10:44 PM BST
If in an Olympic final all the athletes that contested that final were subsequently found guilty of taking steroids later in their  careers athletics is a corrupt sport,comrade
Report angrybryan July 31, 2021 10:48 PM BST
What an earth has my physical condition got to do the the subject we are discussing.
Report leif July 31, 2021 10:56 PM BST
What an earth has my physical condition got to do the the subject we are discussing.

Kudos for recognising your current position.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 31, 2021 11:07 PM BST
Probably drug assisted.
No-one gives a sh1t anymore, they are all at it.
Report smirnoff2therescue July 31, 2021 11:09 PM BST
DG It was just a minor complication in the original investigation that all those nasty people were shot in the back SadSadShockedShocked - sadly he has chose to ignore but i nar where ya coming from Wink
Report Wesdag July 31, 2021 11:19 PM BST
So little Jamaica has got a more sophisticated drug cheating program than the state sponsored set up in Russia?
Report angrybryan July 31, 2021 11:19 PM BST
Comrades of the left are illogical in their attempts to justify their prejudices
Report leif July 31, 2021 11:20 PM BST
The topic was Jamaican 'over achievers YDC?
Report leif July 31, 2021 11:21 PM BST
Should we assume that 'western' athletes are , and have always been squeaky clean?
Report smirnoff2therescue July 31, 2021 11:22 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh tiltLaughLaughLaugh
Report smirnoff2therescue July 31, 2021 11:23 PM BST
its in the levis - how many coloured swimmers do you see - kapiche ShockedShockedShocked
Report leif July 31, 2021 11:24 PM BST
yes ya lost tha thread but allowances made for your 'on-going; condition.
Report smirnoff2therescue July 31, 2021 11:25 PM BST
wow ShockedShockedCryCry
Report angrybryan July 31, 2021 11:26 PM BST
In the time in the 1960s when the east Europeans were uniformly injecting there athletes. Britain's Judy Oakes perennially finished last in her chosen event the shot put.I believe Judy never took drugs because err,well she was British. So how do you think she felt?.
Report leif July 31, 2021 11:30 PM BST
. So how do you think she felt?.

Probably less enthused when someone uses 'there' rather than 'their' when highlighting their potential emotion.
Report angrybryan July 31, 2021 11:36 PM BST
Well elucidated sir.
Report smirnoff2therescue July 31, 2021 11:37 PM BST
leif you do realise that the current modern day use of vocabulary has no resemblance to the dictionary so ya "outing" people for lack of spelling or wrong use of said vocab is laffable ya sad sac - there ya gan pick the boness oota thatLaughLaughLaugh

As for ya earlier jibe at my "ongoing condition" god forbid it eva visits you son cos ya wudnt hav the backbone to fight the fecker - and just rememba its now 50/50 ya get it in one form or otha

#oneclassyguyCryCryCry
Report leif July 31, 2021 11:46 PM BST
Yeah get all that Smirnoff Plain

Just pisses me orfff when folk can't distinguish between, there, their, they're - lose , loose etcetera.

Basic stuff really.

I replied to you in the past that I wouldn't resort to any slash and burn 'treatment' if I was diagnosed with any form of the big 'C'.

To that end I wouldn't consider it a backbone event but one of adjusting to my current lifestyle.

I'm not afraid of cancer.
Report smirnoff2therescue July 31, 2021 11:59 PM BST
Thankyou for that reply leif - cancer is a bast ard no matter how low a form of it you get - ive met quite a few people off this forum ova the years and more so when having this disease and im guessing most on here are ova 50 anyway so me talking about it does two things - one it highlights just how vulnerable we are to it and two it helps me deal wiv it - i dont do facebook or twatter so this is my them and all the music vids i post are just wot ive always done since this place first eva started. The big C Is just a thing until ya hav to deal wiv the fecker but i understand people dont hav that connection wiv it but trust me its a head fc uk no matter how strong you might be - im currently havin a bad time wiv me current chemo but if i dont do it theres nee hope so if im a bit tetchy then ya nar the reason why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXYlFuWEuKI
Report leif August 1, 2021 12:11 AM BST
aye doesn't evade anyone directly or indirectly.

spent 3 days watching my mother pass away at at home having been told by the oncologist there was nothing they could do for her.

worst moment was when the nurse said dont give her any water while she was dying.

now I understand why but it was it was devastating at the time.

Wouldn't swap those 3 days but it was a head fck
Report angrybryan August 1, 2021 12:12 AM BST
Sorry to hear of your illness smirnoff,my posts on the subject matter have been wind-ups,(nearly left the hyphen out,their?they?ther?there?.) I had prostate cancer which was rated nine out of ten aggressive.Its the tale of the good doctor and the bad doctor.I had a twelve monthly check up with my GP who was near retirement age.Any problems,he asked
Report angrybryan August 1, 2021 12:17 AM BST
Sorry press the wrong  key again .to continue.Only problem I have is my urine stream is thin.Oh thats nothing to worry about.Fast forward four years the old doctor had retired,the new one as a routine sends his patients of my age for a prostate cancer check up.
Report smirnoff2therescue August 1, 2021 12:20 AM BST
ive been lucky if ya can call it that - self diagnosed - doc finger up bum routine nowt to worry about but send for a colonoscopy  tumour found - rest is history - here we are 6-7 yrs on after 3 different areas and my diagnosis is terminal but the chemo cud keep me going for yrs - only problem is the chemo is trying to kill me lol LaughLaughLaugh
Report leif August 1, 2021 12:21 AM BST
Sorry press the wrong  key again .to continue.Only problem I have is my urine stream is thin.Oh thats nothing to worry about.Fast forward four years the old doctor had retired,the new one as a routine sends his patients of my age for a prostate cancer check up.

Take 'Saw Palmetto' as a prostate health care
Report angrybryan August 1, 2021 12:22 AM BST
As I said I had prostate cancer when the first doctor examined me.He must have forgot that apparently the first sign of this type of cancer in older men is a thinning of the urine stream.Dam near killed me but I am fine now.Best wishes for the future smirnoff.
Report angrybryan August 1, 2021 12:24 AM BST
I will look at that leif.sorry about the wind ups goodnight
Report smirnoff2therescue August 1, 2021 12:25 AM BST
tar
will play ya a song in a while angrybrian LoveLoveLove
Report leif August 1, 2021 12:25 AM BST
maintain your testosterone hormone levels and decrease anything that increases oestrogen in your system.
Report leif August 1, 2021 12:27 AM BST
I will look at that leif.sorry about the wind ups goodnight

np banter is banter and none of us know fufck all Cool
Report smirnoff2therescue August 1, 2021 12:37 AM BST
for angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2MtEsrcTTs&list=RDMM&index=3

enjoy
Report smirnoff2therescue August 1, 2021 12:43 AM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_UgHbWutjc

for giggsy

enjoy
Report smirnoff2therescue August 1, 2021 12:55 AM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MHtrM-jf9o

nee words
Report smirnoff2therescue August 1, 2021 12:59 AM BST
Morrisons advert lol from back in the day....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2qID4UPKjg
Report dave1357 August 1, 2021 1:01 PM BST
leif • August 1, 2021 12:25 AM BST

maintain your testosterone hormone levels and decrease anything that increases oestrogen in your system

Is there any subject you can't talk sh1te about?
Report angrybryan August 1, 2021 6:21 PM BST
Back to the topic. Athletes in all countries are taking drugs to enhance the performance. Russia are probably the worst offenders.There are currently a total of sixty Kenyan Athletes banned for drug taking offences The world 100 metre mens champion,and favourite for the Olympic gold Christian Coleman has been banned from competition,after missing three drug tests. The sport is nothing more than a farce.Successive leaders of world athletics,Sebastian Cox being the latest,have have shown a lack of moral fibre in ignoring the problem hoping it would go away.By not acting the message the young get from this situation is, in order to succeed in life its okay to cheat and lie.  What an example this is to future generations.
Report Wesdag August 1, 2021 7:21 PM BST
Cheats have been caught & banned so how's the sport a farce?

If athletics survived the era of state sponsored doping by East Germany & USSR (now Russia), then I can't see it not being watched now.
Report A_T August 1, 2021 7:31 PM BST
it's likely that most top sports stars are doping - football, tennis, rugby you name it - might as well just accept it and enjoy the spectacle
Report Wesdag August 1, 2021 7:52 PM BST
Exactly, a cynic concerned about drugs should watch any sport because they're all tainted by drugs, even horse racing.
Report angrybryan August 1, 2021 8:06 PM BST
Wedding. SOME, of the cheats have been caught and banned. When Alberto Salazar was accused of doping the elite athletes in his care that were found guilty of taking drugs its to say the least disappointing that Mo Faraday stood by the coach. Alberto Salazar was eventually banned for five years.I go back to my earlier point that to cheat your way to the top in this way is no example to future generations to follow.
Report angrybryan August 1, 2021 8:09 PM BST
sorry  wesdag my spellchecker is going crazy . I'm having it tested for anabolic steroids
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 1, 2021 8:14 PM BST
Mo Faraday made me laugh Excited
Report angrybryan August 1, 2021 8:17 PM BST
Its not me d/gravy its my juiced up to the eyeballs spellchecker
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 1, 2021 8:39 PM BST
As well as making them run faster I think the drugs give the Jamaicans tighter arses.
Report ballyregan August 1, 2021 8:43 PM BST
jamaicans are an interesting nation of people they go really fast for 100 metres and you have the other side of jamaica like the bob marley people who are really chilled and do nothing
Report TOP3MAN August 1, 2021 9:58 PM BST
Caribbean islands dominate sprints along with amercians and most of the best sprinters are black

Australia, great Britain and America dominate swimming and are white

Table tennis, badminton are dominated by Asians

Long distance races dominated by Africans

Rugby men or women dominated by new Zealand

What do south amercians dominate in?
Report ballyregan August 1, 2021 9:59 PM BST
they are good at soccer
Report angrybryan August 1, 2021 10:09 PM BST
Amazons dominated their men.
Report TOP3MAN August 1, 2021 10:16 PM BST
Ballyregan, but so are Europeans so don't seemingly dominate
Report TOP3MAN August 1, 2021 10:17 PM BST
Use to think Brazilians dominated mixed martial arts, but don't appear to dominate that either
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 1, 2021 10:19 PM BST
Just watched Bob Beamon breaking the long jump world record at the 68 Mexico olympics. He jumped 21 inches further than the previous record!!!!!

Was that altitude or drugs?
Report angrybryan August 1, 2021 10:34 PM BST
Seemed to remember Bob Beamon jumped so far when he smashed the world record he sailed over the long jump pit and landed on the grass!.
Report ballyregan August 1, 2021 10:44 PM BST
i find that the polish in uk are very good at overtime
Report Wesdag August 1, 2021 11:17 PM BST
Topman, pointless trying to educate some small minds on here.

As far as they're concerned, only Aryans are good at athletics.

Everyone else are obviously cheating.
Report TOP3MAN August 1, 2021 11:18 PM BST
Did anyone see the women triple jump winner, she smashed the world record using a step shortened because she ran out of track before the sand and still sailed over the record, she was over 50cm longer then anyone else. Then again her legs was 2 foot longer
Report ballyregan August 1, 2021 11:22 PM BST
wesdag what did you think of ben johnson as an athlete?
Report Wesdag August 1, 2021 11:23 PM BST
Yes I saw it. I put it down to a much better technique where in the second phase of the jump she maintains much more momentum a bit like how Jonathan Edwards used to.
Report smirnoff2therescue August 1, 2021 11:25 PM BST
Ben Johnson was my Kennedy moment standing in a bookies just about to back Tracton Charman at HAckney when the dq came thru - smilar times to now tbh
Report TOP3MAN August 1, 2021 11:27 PM BST
I agree, I thought it was amazing to watch because she actually looked like she had made a mess and potentially stepped twice, but when I saw the reply she actually skipped so low it kind of improved her jump. Looked very unorthodox but effective, I think she could have gone further 16m+ she did have an advantage over the 2nd.... she was about a foot taller
Report ballyregan August 1, 2021 11:28 PM BST
i remember saturday mornings hackney and crayford tracton prefix was good nostalgia
Report TOP3MAN August 1, 2021 11:28 PM BST
Ben Johnson u could tell was doped ip by his eyes. He was like a running chemist ffs.

Today's drug takers hide it better, but that's because it's harder to get away with it due to the testing facilities
Report Wesdag August 1, 2021 11:29 PM BST

Aug 1, 2021 -- 5:22PM, ballyregan wrote:

wesdag what did you think of ben johnson as an athlete?

What kind of dumb question is that? Crazy

Report ballyregan August 1, 2021 11:30 PM BST
pardon wesdag you are making it never happens and angrybryan is insinuating something that is impossible I was just making an example it has
Report TOP3MAN August 1, 2021 11:37 PM BST
There will always be one or two found to have cheated, but it's wrong to say all. There is alot more going into preparing these athletes. Jamaica have been targeting sprints for quite sometime, running quick is in their blood and their actual build is tailored for sprinting. Bolt was a freak because of his height Nd ability ti get up straight quickly, but he was still built like a tank up top, like an nba basketball player, power and pace. Black people actually have an ability to grow a larger muscle around the areas that are needed for sprinting I think I read somewhere... must be the bubble butt for women, which would create a certain amount of power for sprinting.
Report Wesdag August 1, 2021 11:42 PM BST

Aug 1, 2021 -- 5:30PM, ballyregan wrote:

pardon wesdag you are making it never happens and angrybryan is insinuating something that is impossible I was just making an example it has

Where did I say it never happens?

Due to reasons best known by yourself & probably obvious to everybody else, you can't accept that Jamaican athletes might just be quite good. It isn't a recent thing btw.

Report ballyregan August 1, 2021 11:44 PM BST
what do you think of the jamaican athlete asafa powell wesdag?
Report ballyregan August 1, 2021 11:49 PM BST
plus I  have not made a negative comment on any of the current crop of jamaican athletes?
Report Wesdag August 1, 2021 11:49 PM BST
What point are you trying to make?

That some cheat or all?

I think every nation on earth has some drug cheats.
Report Wesdag August 2, 2021 12:08 AM BST
Btw, Ben Johnson although born in Jamaica, moved to Canada as a teenager & ran for them.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com