Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dr . atkins
30 Jul 21 16:39
| Topic/replies: 35,557 | Blogger: dr . atkins's blog
4.18wolver diamond cutter 6t1 out to 25t1 and 5.20 bill peyto 9t2 out to 14t1 on betfair both laid for chunks both owned by same people both tailed off
Pause Switch to Standard View this game stinks sometimes and needs...
Show More
Report The Management July 30, 2021 5:57 PM BST
You could try laying the drifters? - but just now Twilight Magic (17:50 Newmkt) drifted from 4.0 to 10.50 and then led from pillar to post.

Nobody (on here) highlights the drifters that win - but there are plenty that do win.
Report hulk23 July 30, 2021 6:13 PM BST
was Twilight Magic owned by the same people ?
Report stu July 30, 2021 6:15 PM BST
TBF the ones posted by the OP, sound a bit more extreme and interesting to examine...
Report The Management July 30, 2021 6:19 PM BST
Regarding the OP - I had Diamond Cutter (16:18 Wolves) earmarked for a Place Lay (at the tissue prices) - and (unfortunately) many of those go off at double the tissue price, presumably because other people see it the same way I do. It's not unusual for a horse to drift like that in such a race (especially if the tissue price is wrong).
Report dr . atkins July 30, 2021 6:23 PM BST
so getting beat 1f and the other one pulled up does not need looking into leave me alone
Report dr . atkins July 30, 2021 6:24 PM BST
i will come back on this thread when they let go diamond cutter and see if you placed laid it that day
Report RothmanMike July 30, 2021 6:27 PM BST
It’s called gambling, so anything goes.
Don’t like it,don’t play.
Simple.
Report dr . atkins July 30, 2021 6:27 PM BST
you can wipe your mouth when horses get bigger and get beat got no problem with that what i have a problem with is the amount of money taken out of both horses if the spencer horse race been delayed another 5mins it would have been 20t1 after being matched at 5.5 for money early in the day
Report dr . atkins July 30, 2021 6:28 PM BST
oh behave rothman mike
Report The Management July 30, 2021 6:34 PM BST
dr . atkins30 Jul 21 17:24Joined: 07 Jan 07 | Topic/replies: 35,301 | Blogger: dr . atkins's blog
i will come back on this thread when they let go diamond cutter and see if you placed laid it that day

I'd be much more interested in it too - on another day - it was running for a mark - I can't see how (to use your terminology) you could possibly think "they were going to let it go" today in that race? (or that it could possibly win even if "they did").

By all means come back and say "told you so" if it wins a Handicap in the future - I was talking about today!

FWIW - I place layed it for a fraction of my intended stake - because everything has a price - and as you say - unfortunately it drifted out to about the right price and laying them at the right price is not my game.
Report The Management July 30, 2021 6:36 PM BST
Can't comment on the other one (Bill Peyto) - I had no interest in it.
Report dr . atkins July 30, 2021 6:39 PM BST
i know the risk betting horses who need the 3rd run for the hcp mark if you been in the game a while then that's obvious but don't take the p1ss out of the public it was matched at 6t1 touched 32t1 at one point there are limits you know
Report The Management July 30, 2021 6:51 PM BST
Fair enough dr.atkins - there was a bit more to my lay logic than that - but we all see things differently.
Report AraziTheGreatest July 30, 2021 7:03 PM BST
The Queen laying hers in the 7:05 now?!
Report The Management July 30, 2021 7:10 PM BST
If only! - that is a story that would give the intrepid investigative reporters at the Racing Post a bit of a headache!

The palace spokesman would probably blame it on Meghan to be fair.
Report AraziTheGreatest July 30, 2021 7:11 PM BST
Laugh
Report Marlas_Magic July 30, 2021 7:25 PM BST
So many of these everyday that stink. Chosen Shant another. The gamble landed on Glendruid at Bangor. Read the corresponding stewards reports. Half the time they dont even question it and when they do they cant even come up with good excuses anymore. No need as the Stewards are clueless.
Report ballyregan July 30, 2021 7:25 PM BST
who do you think should investigate these big drifters?
bha dont want controversy, pundits presenters are chocolate teapots, betfair graphs stink daily they dont report them obviously.
Report shoodacoodadidnt July 30, 2021 7:33 PM BST
sadly, there's no-one really interested in straightening this game - as an earlier poster said, only choice is to not play .... wish I'd made that choice 43 years ago - now I'm a bitter and twisted old poor c**t :( .... and Betfair can't tell me why video works so intermittently - worst customer service in world and nowhere else to go - yeeeuk
Report The Management July 30, 2021 7:37 PM BST
19:30 Newmarket - Pearly Bay - RP tissue price was 8/1

Matched at 6.00 on here early - drifted to about 30.00 at the off.

Was that skulduggery or was the tissue price just horribly horribly wrong? - the latter imo but the graph looks ugly for the conspiracy theorists.

Not saying it doesn't happen - just nowhere near as often as is alleged on here.
Report ballyregan July 30, 2021 7:39 PM BST
i agree betfair have the worst staff cs ever
Report dr . atkins July 30, 2021 7:41 PM BST
if anyone goes by the racing post tissue then you should not ne betting
Report The Management July 30, 2021 7:45 PM BST
That is true doc - and yet Pearl Bay was matched at 6.00 in the early market.

I wanted to be a place layer at about 2.50 - but at 4.40 it's not for me. The RP tissue might be a bit hopeless sometimes (understandably so imo) but it is clearly used as a guide by some before the market matures.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com