Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ashleigh
30 Jul 21 14:29
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: ashleigh's blog
should have run in the sussex, would have won.Crazy
Show More
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 30, 2021 2:30 PM BST
Trainer said he was ready to race...........not half
Should've been braver WH
Report Whippin Piccadilly July 30, 2021 2:30 PM BST
Frankel-esque
Report england_v_south_afri July 30, 2021 2:31 PM BST
machine
Report Angela Rebecchi July 30, 2021 2:31 PM BST
very VERY good horse, one of the greats in making, no doubt.
Report Whippin Piccadilly July 30, 2021 2:32 PM BST
Wouldn't argue with that Angela R
Report impossible123 July 30, 2021 2:34 PM BST
That was some horse! He beat One Ruler (2000G) and horses who ran Hurricane Lane close very easily. Maybe York next, I hope.
Report stu July 30, 2021 2:38 PM BST
Agree whippin - Frankelesque was exactly my thought seeing that...
Report stu July 30, 2021 2:39 PM BST
Making quality horses look very ordinary, without breaking sweat.
Report StillLearning July 30, 2021 2:46 PM BST
steering job for jimbo
Report TOP3MAN July 30, 2021 2:49 PM BST

Jul 30, 2021 -- 2:39PM, stu wrote:

Making quality horses look very ordinary, without breaking sweat.

wouldnt say El Drama and co that he beat there are anything other then Group 3 / listed class imo. But agree made that look very easy

Report stu July 30, 2021 2:55 PM BST
They weren't the highest level (of course), but made them look like seller horses.
Report Platini July 30, 2021 2:57 PM BST
Jeff Smith just called.

He said, and I quote "WALOFS" Wink
Report Whippin Piccadilly May 14, 2022 3:26 PM BST
Some real shrewdies on this fred! Cool
Report halcyon days May 14, 2022 3:29 PM BST
Haggas has a nice haaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrssssssssseeee there !
Report alun2005 May 14, 2022 3:30 PM BST
Awesomely impressive today.
Report barstool May 14, 2022 3:37 PM BST
Just a pleasure too see it.
Report Trident May 14, 2022 3:54 PM BST
Should of started at 1.01 Amazing horse
Report Movewiththetimes May 14, 2022 5:03 PM BST
Next mission to do a Frankel in the Queen Anne.
Report duffy May 14, 2022 6:01 PM BST
That burst of acceleration that Frankel displayed that day was something else, never seen anything like it, not from a miler anyway.
Report impossible123 May 14, 2022 6:08 PM BST
He was very good today, but the field was not in the same league as when Frankel won 2000G. Nevertheless, very, very, very horse without a doubt.
Report geoff m May 16, 2022 1:47 PM BST
Hardly a great field Frankel beat in the 2000G.
Report sparrow May 16, 2022 1:49 PM BST
Yes geoff a very poor 2000 guineas field as it turned out.
Report A_T May 16, 2022 2:23 PM BST
unusual to compare a 2000 Guineas field with that of a Lockinge
Report penzance May 16, 2022 2:31 PM BST
He can only beat what's put in front of
him,7/7 so far,people should just enjoy the
horse while he's about.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden May 16, 2022 2:34 PM BST
It's pointless comparing the 2000 Guineas with the Lockinge anyway, one is a race for 3 year olds, the other isn't.

Sparrow, i wouldn't agree it was a very poor field in Frankels Guineas (i accept no word beaters). The favourite aside, there was one rated 120, a couple rated 119 and another on 115.
Taking the 2022 race as a comparison (and without the favourite) the highest rated was 115. I have to defend my fav horse Wink
Report Andrew.in.Sweden May 16, 2022 2:35 PM BST
Sorry A_T, i didn't see your post
Report geoff m May 16, 2022 3:35 PM BST
Andrew it in no way detracts from Frankels performance calling the 2000 Gns of that year a poor race.
Frankels the greatest ive seen in 46 years.
The next 3 home ran 15 times in the UK mustering 1 victory between them.
Dubawi Gold/Native Khan/Slim Shady (dont think he ever stood up to the plate , despite being asked nicely)

As an aside i took my grandaughter aged 7 months to "see"  Frankels demolition in the Juddmonte(now that was a decent field) & finally 10 years on have the pleasure of taking her on a stable visit to Juddmonte to see Frankel in August.
Report duffy May 16, 2022 3:44 PM BST
What Frankel did to Excellebration, St Nic, Cirrus, Nathaniel, Farhh, Canford Cliffs pretty much all knocking good Group 1 horses tells you all you need to know....a real great, best I've ever seen for sure.
Report barstool May 16, 2022 4:02 PM BST
Always a pleasure to see a good horse I can remember seeing Santa Claus, Sea Bird II, Sir Ivor, Nijinsky, Brigadier Gerrard and Mill Reef all running over 50 years ago. Shergar was high class along with Dancing Brave. Of Course in recent years Sea The Stars and Frankel stand out.

Always thought it a shame Mill Reef had to crop up at the same time as The Brigadier.

We all have our favourites and as posted very difficlt to compare different generations. Just enjoy them while we have them.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden May 16, 2022 4:28 PM BST
Hi Geoff

............... have the pleasure of taking her on a stable visit to Juddmonte to see Frankel in August.

I'm envious, but it's on my bucket list. Enjoy the time there with your Granddaughter. Happy

I've mentioned before my daughters first visit to a racecourse was when i took her to see another demolition in the Queen Anne at RA. It probably doesn't mean anything to her these days, but i will never forget it.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden May 16, 2022 4:32 PM BST
Barstool,

I would have loved to seen those two greats in the 1972 Eclipse, a tragedy that MR caught a virus and the duel never materialised.
Report barstool May 16, 2022 4:41 PM BST
It certainly was. A race to stop the nation for sure. Worse still he broke his leg and never raced again.
Report brigust1 May 16, 2022 5:33 PM BST
It broke my heart when Mill Reef was pulled out of the Eclipse a week before the race but many in the yard guessed it would happen. After the POW Stakes at Royal Ascot John Lawrence, one of Mill Reef's greatest fans wrote in the Daily Telegraph 'Brigadier Gerard threw down his final challenge at Ascot yesterday, and as he hurtled home to win the Prince of Wales Stakes in record time even Mill Reefs most convinced supporters felt a chill that had nothing to do with the arctic wind.
And the Sporting Chronicle handicapper added 'Whatever the final result turns out to be on July 8th there is no doubt in my mind now that the Brigadier, who is a great horse on every count, his looks, his bearing, his commanding mannerisms and his form, is entitled to start favourite. He will certainly be my selection'.
Report barstool May 16, 2022 6:28 PM BST
Nice to see you post again brigrust. I never felt that connections of Mill Reef wanted to try and pick up the mantle after the Guineas rout and so it proved. I will be surprised if we ever see a field like that again. Small but very select.

Any views on the Derby? I like Prince of Spain at 20/1, loved the horses attitude at Chester and think a strogly run race will suit it down to the ground.
Report geoff m May 16, 2022 6:30 PM BST
Bar: Prince Of Spain??
Report barstool May 16, 2022 6:35 PM BST
Star of India!!!!!

Thanks geoff. Old age or just plain bonkersLaugh
Report geoff m May 16, 2022 6:36 PM BST
I suffer from bothLaughLaugh
Report brigust1 May 16, 2022 7:08 PM BST
Hi Barstool. We were convinced we would win and now, looking back, if he had done what we knew he could, there would be no more questions to answer. I met Ian many times afterwards and he is a great man but I could never ask him the question.

In the Derby, not my kind of race but I would like to see Michael Stoute win it. Very humble character.
Report barstool May 16, 2022 7:18 PM BST
Thank you.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com