Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
onlooker
29 Jul 21 15:44
| Topic/replies: 36,917 | Blogger: onlooker's blog
What - "rising ground" ?...

Does she think that she is at Newmarket - and Not Goodwwod ...
Pause Switch to Standard View Sally Ann - "... When you hit that...
Show More
Report onlooker July 29, 2021 4:01 PM BST
Said to Kieran Shoemark - after he Won on Lady Bowthorpe ...

Sally Ann ... "How did you feel when you hit that rising ground?"

Back to Ireland with her .... and why is she at Goodwood in the first place?
Report top2rated July 29, 2021 4:10 PM BST
The habit of constantly pointing out people’s faults is most likely a reflection of what you’ve struggle with in childhood.

It is a manifestation of an insecurity about the very things that you judge other people for most often.

Some people who have difficulty taking responsibility for their own actions have a tendency to project onto others that with which they struggle.

In fact, the avoidance of responsibility and a difficulty apologizing to people you’ve hurt are the trademarks of the constant fault finder.
Report top2rated July 29, 2021 4:10 PM BST
Whoops!

Sorry, wrong thread.
Report onlooker July 29, 2021 4:13 PM BST
Thank goodness for that ...  !!!   GrinHappy
Report onlooker July 29, 2021 4:14 PM BST
^ and I had my DEFENCE ready, too   Grin
Report Whippin Piccadilly July 29, 2021 4:54 PM BST
Strange take, Onlooker Back to Ireland with her .... and why is she at Goodwood in the first place?

Back to Ireland for every Irish Trainer & Jockey that makes a mistake too, huh?
Report penzance July 29, 2021 5:01 PM BST
think you'll find Hollie Doyle made a quote
after Trueshan won about the rising ground
aswell.
Report RothmanMike July 29, 2021 5:09 PM BST
Midgets say that too.
Report onlooker July 29, 2021 5:33 PM BST
Perhaps Hollie was referring to - how the ground was - 'riding' - and Not 'rising' ground. - penzance.

In all my years of following Flat Racing - I have Never heard anybody refer to - "Rising ground" (in the closing stages of the straight - as IMPLICATED by Sally Ann)  - and I have visited the Racecourse several times, too.

from Timeform Racehorses Annuals of decades ago ...

'The Goodwood track consists of a nearly straight 6 furlongs - witha triangular right-handed loop circuit....
(Plenty about the Cup course and distance races etc ) - Then ...

'... the pronounced downhill gradients  from the turn make Goodwood  essentially a sharp track favouring the active, handy, fluent mover, rather than the big long-striding horse.... particularly in Sprints.
The 5 furlong course is one of the fastest in the country.

Horses-in-Training - Raceform Annuals etc - All say the same.
Report Facts July 29, 2021 5:44 PM BST
This is why Goodwood favours top weights in sprint Hcaps,  Horses that have the ability to quicken at the end of a race are always worth a second look.
Report Facts July 29, 2021 5:49 PM BST
Btw Goodwood is an undulating track
Report penzance July 29, 2021 5:50 PM BST
maybe her 1st time on the course,she's read Hollie's
piece and used it,who knows.
Report onlooker July 29, 2021 6:43 PM BST
No excuse - penzance .... Why not ITV employ somebody who KNOWS the course then ... like Hayley, for instance

and - similarly - to answer Whippin's earlier barb.

Would an English person 'get a gig' at in Irish Racecourse on RTE .... or - RTV - for that matter?

... Never in a million.
Report Whippin Piccadilly July 29, 2021 6:50 PM BST
How many English Trainers & Jockeys ply their trade Ireland?
Report onlooker July 29, 2021 7:38 PM BST
Stop trying to change the AGENDA - Whippin.

We are NOT Talking (apart from You) Trainers and Jockeys ...

The subject is - Television Presenters.
Report Whippin Piccadilly July 29, 2021 7:45 PM BST
Would an English person 'get a gig' at in Irish Racecourse on RTE .... or - RTV - for that matter?

... Never in a million.

You should take a break!
Report Cork Langer July 29, 2021 7:47 PM BST
Tracey Piggott worked for RTE for years or are you disowning her...?
Report the numbers seven July 29, 2021 7:51 PM BST
Tracy Piggott worked for RTE for over 30 years, presented racing, 3 Olympics, Rugby. She is English.
Report punchestown July 29, 2021 8:12 PM BST
Tom Lee's Articles
After completing a decade as Channel 4 Racing's betting expert, Tom Lee now works in a variety of roles, including as a writer and interviewer for HorseRacing.net. He can also be found working as a presenter and pundit across a variety of TV channels, including Ireland's national broadcaster, RTE.

Is he not English?
Report MJK July 29, 2021 8:14 PM BST
Once again the forum bigot is shown up Laugh
Report onlooker July 29, 2021 10:05 PM BST
Answers ....

I thought of Tracey Piggott before I typed - But considered that  ...

As she has lived in Ireland since Adam nobbled Eve - She was an honorary Paddyess   Happy 

Tom Lee ... Who's he?

"bigot" -  thought you were posting a typo Happy
Report workrider July 29, 2021 10:31 PM BST
Onlookers anti Irish tripe has now become a regular thing on here the old guy just cant help himself , every day its something the irish do or say , he has now taken to using the word paddies on a regular basis , but of course its all a bit of fun and we should all just laugh it off . Sadly he's more to be pitied than laughed at . Top2Rated , in fact a better description of the sad old git I could not have written myself in your piece of 15.10 is most apt of Onlooker , your kindness in saying it was the wrong thread shows you in remarkably good light and I have noted your goodness . Onlooker the fault finder aka as the whinging Pommie...
Report onlooker July 29, 2021 11:34 PM BST
^  'Pot Kettle Black'

Nobody Faster out of the Traps to post the against England - when any opportunity presents itself. 

- There must be No Mirrors in your house
Report Tiger Tiger July 29, 2021 11:56 PM BST
Couldn't agree more onlooker, workrider, irishone, sofiakenny, honcho, badjoe AND MORE, etc all ignorant toe rags who knock England at any opportunity they might get, pure ignorant racists who then - complain when an Englishman dare speaks against the THEM.
Report brigust1 July 30, 2021 9:28 AM BST
Pity this has fallen into a slagging match but, getting back to the point, I have been to Goodwood many times and I have always thought the ground rises in the last furlong. Not like Newmarket, of course, nothing dramatic but a slight rise.
Report Nutty Nigel July 30, 2021 11:01 AM BST
correct brigust1
Report workrider July 30, 2021 11:03 AM BST
Onlooker will be along in a moment and my advice to ye lads is run for your life's , he brooks no argument and shall have you sent to the tower...Laugh
Report cardifffc July 30, 2021 11:04 AM BST
Tiger Tiger member of the BNP(nap)
Report stu July 30, 2021 11:14 AM BST
I think the point was that all the anti-english posters are a little hypocritical on this issue fellas.

If you don't like anti-Irish posts, then maybe stop with the anti-english ones too?
Report stu July 30, 2021 11:16 AM BST
Personally I think we're all entitled to views, and sports emphasises nationality and differences, just that everyone is so touchy about it these days.
Report workrider July 30, 2021 11:32 AM BST
I find myself agreeing with you Stu , anyone who knows me knows my liking for the English race . Some of my best friends are English and my two racing buddies here in Ireland are English!...I find Onlookers constant anti Irish comments annoying , over 90% of his posts are anti Irish . Both of us are not blameless when it comes to infighting, Regards racing both bodies leaves lots to be desired and both need to have a good look at were they're heading..
Report saddo July 30, 2021 11:38 AM BST
Cardiff needing people to see how woke he is by the look of it.
Report cardifffc July 30, 2021 11:42 AM BST
saddo..i am english person who treats every person equal.....irish scotish black white chinese.....if that makes me woke them i am guilty
Report cardifffc July 30, 2021 11:43 AM BST
living in kent there are pleny tiger tigers
Report cardifffc July 30, 2021 11:44 AM BST
plenty*
Report stu July 30, 2021 11:55 AM BST
Fairplay workrider - as you know I've expressed my dislike for Irish racing, and I don't apologise for that view.

I would never be anti any nationality for no reason (I'm English, but I live in Wales and am married to a welsh woman, my kids identify as Welsh), but I totally disagree with those who these days think that supporting a nation, or even knocking another nation (within reason), makes one a racist. Sport itself is founded on nationalities competing, so it's a natural effect of that, or else we should probably stop national competitions in all sport as it is too racist as a concept.
Report onlooker July 30, 2021 12:11 PM BST
"Racist" - my Backside.

'Nationalist'  - IS the Word. ...

NOT - "Racist".... as also MISUSED by workrider.   Cry

At least get your GRAMMAR correct - if you are wrong about the rest.
Report saddo July 30, 2021 12:15 PM BST
We have fast become a nation of self flagellators onlooker, nativism will probably be a crime in England one day.
Report workrider July 30, 2021 12:36 PM BST
So your claim to been Nationalist is constant with your anti Irish rants , I have no problem with people been Nationalist , in fact I think its a wonderful thing to be proud of your Country . You though seem to find fault with the most trivial thing about the Irish everyday . Hence my Racist comment , sadly I think you have just become a sad old man and I shall try my best to ignore your nonsense...
Report penzance July 30, 2021 12:50 PM BST
the thing is,taking football as an example,when we
fly the St George flag or get behind our country,oh
the're English.When you see the Scots,Welsh,Irish,
Indians and Pakistanis in cricket,they'll deemed to
be proud and patriotic when waving all their flags.
Proud to be English,is a crime to some.
Report MJK July 30, 2021 1:12 PM BST
The argument has nothing to do with 'Nationalism'. Day after day Onlooker the bigot finds any excuse to find fault with anything Irish. That is the point here. Again it has NOTHING to do with 'Nationalism', but a bitter bluenose bigot who hates anything Irish and is unfortunately backed up at times by others on here. This is NOT 'Nationalism'.
Report onlooker July 30, 2021 1:35 PM BST
What I do actually - "hate" - MJK - actually IS ... Irish NATIONALISM...

- as expressed and displayed in SPADES on here.... Time and time again.

'You reap what you sow'
Report workrider July 30, 2021 1:46 PM BST
Penzance , fully behind you on that , the English have every right to fly their flag and be proud, as has EVERY Nation . Been proud of your Country is a persons right its when we look down on other Nations that's when the trouble starts...
Report MJK July 30, 2021 1:46 PM BST
Totally shown up for what you are, laughed off the forum yesterday. Stop digging. Clown.
Report onlooker July 30, 2021 4:08 PM BST
"Stop digging"

You would be far better placed telling that to the Clowns at Galway the other Evening.
---------------------------

DEFEND this incomprehensible (lack of) 'Logic'... if you can

Niall Cronin, the IHRB communications officer, subsequently said of Tuesday's incident:

'We had to disqualify something'

On the question of why ALIZARINE wasn't declared a non-runner and Rule 4 deductions implemented, Cronin said:

"Having considered all the evidence, the stewards upheld the objection that was made. As the horse ALIZARINE did not run in the race, that horse was deemed to be unplaced under rule 266, and the horse purported to be Alizarine was disqualified.

Pressed on the fact that Alizarine never took part, so couldn't win and should have been declared a non-runner, similar to a horse who didn't enter the stalls, he added:

"No, because a horse ran, so for Twinkle to be promoted, we had to disqualify something. It's not straightforward. Alizarine could not win the race, but Aurora Princess was unknowingly tacked up as the wrong horse."
------------

WHAT ?

The whole impetus appears to be ..... "We had to disqualify SOMETHING"  ...

- on what BASIS ?    ...

Had they simply DEEMED ALIZARINE a NON-RUNNER  (as she/THAT horse CLEARLY actually was - being still stood in her Box) ... Then there would have  been -  NO NEED to "Disqualify"  anything

They might as well have said ...

The Racecourse Cat strolled across the course inside the final furlong - so we have Disqualified it ... SO THAT WE could Promote TWINKLE to be the Winner.
---------------

ALSO - How can a Horse that - "did NOT RUN" - THEN - be "deemed to be UNPLACED"

QUOTE = As the horse ALIZARINE did not run in the race, that horse was deemed to be unplaced

Talk about CONTRADICTING YOURSELF !
-------------------

"We had to Disqualify SOMETHING"

Have you ever read such irrational 'Logic' - or such a silly statement.

Is it any wonder that the Irish 'Logic' exasperates most of the rest of the world... yet they are so stubbornly dogmatic with it, too. Sad

That is what irks people.
Report stu July 30, 2021 4:21 PM BST
So anyway, Sally Ann and that rising ground...Laugh
Report MJK July 30, 2021 4:29 PM BST
Onlooker stop trying to get others on board with you, which is what you're trying to do. This is not just a racing thing for you, you hate anything Irish. Stop digging. We all know what you are.
Report Rider July 30, 2021 4:38 PM BST
think the track is essentially level in the final furlong and slightly downhill in the previous 2f furlongs
Report Rider July 30, 2021 4:38 PM BST
Report olddesperado July 30, 2021 7:35 PM BST
Sally Ann Grassick has been writing about the sadness she felt on a recent visit to John Dunlop's old yard Arundel.
The former pupil assistant to Dunlop is dismayed at the condition of the once pristine stables that have now become dilapidated and deserted.

Hardly a random woman flown in for the day to interview a few jockies.

Oh and btw Onlooker since you asked Tom Lee is the son of former trainer Richard Lee and brother of current trainer kerry Lee .

For someone that professes to know everything racing related I'm surprised both of those facts escaped your forensic approach to finding mistakes in the written and spoken press.
Report penzance July 30, 2021 7:42 PM BST
Tom Lee used to do the betting on Ch4.
Report ballyregan July 30, 2021 8:21 PM BST
on the irish angle whatever happened to jimmy cricket?
Report penzance July 30, 2021 8:43 PM BST
run off with a grasshopper.
Report ballyregan July 30, 2021 8:44 PM BST
i remember his l and r on his wellies interesting fella
Report penzance July 30, 2021 9:06 PM BST
see him @Pontins,if I remember.
Report elisjohn July 30, 2021 9:10 PM BST
why has noone bought or taken over dunlops old yard, ?
Report ballyregan July 30, 2021 9:11 PM BST
wasted talent ireland need to promote jimmy more kevin o ryan and fran berry are on telly every day jimmys not been seen on for years somethings wrong
Report madhatters July 30, 2021 9:33 PM BST
Tom Lee posts on here
Report Tiger Tiger July 30, 2021 10:10 PM BST
cardifffc30 Jul 21 10:04Joined: 10 Oct 03 | Topic/replies: 12,993 |
Tiger Tiger member of the BNP(nap)

Utter nonsense, ffs, you lose again cardiffc.

cardifffc30 Jul 21 10:42Joined: 10 Oct 03 | Topic/replies: 12,993 |
saddo..i am english person who treats every person equal.......if that makes me woke them i am guilty

Lies, lies and more lies, Cardiffc is welsh, fact. Why do you post this rubbish cardifffc?
Report irishone August 4, 2021 6:16 AM BST
....same reason you post your rubbish (nap)
Report sparrow August 4, 2021 7:24 AM BST
People all using this new daft word "woke" makes you think they were all American and not English at all!

What are the origins of woke?
Once upon a time, it simply meant the past participle of ‘wake’. While that has rapidly changed in recent years, the modern definition of the word isn’t that new in the US.

In 1962 the New York Times published an article of “phrases and words you might hear today in Harlem”, a neighbourhood in the northern section of the New York City where many African-Americans live.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com