Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
onlooker
29 Jul 21 14:44
| Topic/replies: 36,909 | Blogger: onlooker's blog
What - "rising ground" ?...

Does she think that she is at Newmarket - and Not Goodwwod ...

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 61
By:
onlooker
When: 29 Jul 21 15:01
Said to Kieran Shoemark - after he Won on Lady Bowthorpe ...

Sally Ann ... "How did you feel when you hit that rising ground?"

Back to Ireland with her .... and why is she at Goodwood in the first place?
By:
top2rated
When: 29 Jul 21 15:10
The habit of constantly pointing out people’s faults is most likely a reflection of what you’ve struggle with in childhood.

It is a manifestation of an insecurity about the very things that you judge other people for most often.

Some people who have difficulty taking responsibility for their own actions have a tendency to project onto others that with which they struggle.

In fact, the avoidance of responsibility and a difficulty apologizing to people you’ve hurt are the trademarks of the constant fault finder.
By:
top2rated
When: 29 Jul 21 15:10
Whoops!

Sorry, wrong thread.
By:
onlooker
When: 29 Jul 21 15:13
Thank goodness for that ...  !!!   GrinHappy
By:
onlooker
When: 29 Jul 21 15:14
^ and I had my DEFENCE ready, too   Grin
By:
Whippin Piccadilly
When: 29 Jul 21 15:54
Strange take, Onlooker Back to Ireland with her .... and why is she at Goodwood in the first place?

Back to Ireland for every Irish Trainer & Jockey that makes a mistake too, huh?
By:
penzance
When: 29 Jul 21 16:01
think you'll find Hollie Doyle made a quote
after Trueshan won about the rising ground
aswell.
By:
RothmanMike
When: 29 Jul 21 16:09
Midgets say that too.
By:
onlooker
When: 29 Jul 21 16:33
Perhaps Hollie was referring to - how the ground was - 'riding' - and Not 'rising' ground. - penzance.

In all my years of following Flat Racing - I have Never heard anybody refer to - "Rising ground" (in the closing stages of the straight - as IMPLICATED by Sally Ann)  - and I have visited the Racecourse several times, too.

from Timeform Racehorses Annuals of decades ago ...

'The Goodwood track consists of a nearly straight 6 furlongs - witha triangular right-handed loop circuit....
(Plenty about the Cup course and distance races etc ) - Then ...

'... the pronounced downhill gradients  from the turn make Goodwood  essentially a sharp track favouring the active, handy, fluent mover, rather than the big long-striding horse.... particularly in Sprints.
The 5 furlong course is one of the fastest in the country.

Horses-in-Training - Raceform Annuals etc - All say the same.
By:
Facts
When: 29 Jul 21 16:44
This is why Goodwood favours top weights in sprint Hcaps,  Horses that have the ability to quicken at the end of a race are always worth a second look.
By:
Facts
When: 29 Jul 21 16:49
Btw Goodwood is an undulating track
By:
penzance
When: 29 Jul 21 16:50
maybe her 1st time on the course,she's read Hollie's
piece and used it,who knows.
By:
onlooker
When: 29 Jul 21 17:43
No excuse - penzance .... Why not ITV employ somebody who KNOWS the course then ... like Hayley, for instance

and - similarly - to answer Whippin's earlier barb.

Would an English person 'get a gig' at in Irish Racecourse on RTE .... or - RTV - for that matter?

... Never in a million.
By:
Whippin Piccadilly
When: 29 Jul 21 17:50
How many English Trainers & Jockeys ply their trade Ireland?
By:
onlooker
When: 29 Jul 21 18:38
Stop trying to change the AGENDA - Whippin.

We are NOT Talking (apart from You) Trainers and Jockeys ...

The subject is - Television Presenters.
By:
Whippin Piccadilly
When: 29 Jul 21 18:45
Would an English person 'get a gig' at in Irish Racecourse on RTE .... or - RTV - for that matter?

... Never in a million.

You should take a break!
By:
Cork Langer
When: 29 Jul 21 18:47
Tracey Piggott worked for RTE for years or are you disowning her...?
By:
the numbers seven
When: 29 Jul 21 18:51
Tracy Piggott worked for RTE for over 30 years, presented racing, 3 Olympics, Rugby. She is English.
By:
punchestown
When: 29 Jul 21 19:12
Tom Lee's Articles
After completing a decade as Channel 4 Racing's betting expert, Tom Lee now works in a variety of roles, including as a writer and interviewer for HorseRacing.net. He can also be found working as a presenter and pundit across a variety of TV channels, including Ireland's national broadcaster, RTE.

Is he not English?
By:
MJK
When: 29 Jul 21 19:14
Once again the forum bigot is shown up Laugh
By:
onlooker
When: 29 Jul 21 21:05
Answers ....

I thought of Tracey Piggott before I typed - But considered that  ...

As she has lived in Ireland since Adam nobbled Eve - She was an honorary Paddyess   Happy 

Tom Lee ... Who's he?

"bigot" -  thought you were posting a typo Happy
By:
workrider
When: 29 Jul 21 21:31
Onlookers anti Irish tripe has now become a regular thing on here the old guy just cant help himself , every day its something the irish do or say , he has now taken to using the word paddies on a regular basis , but of course its all a bit of fun and we should all just laugh it off . Sadly he's more to be pitied than laughed at . Top2Rated , in fact a better description of the sad old git I could not have written myself in your piece of 15.10 is most apt of Onlooker , your kindness in saying it was the wrong thread shows you in remarkably good light and I have noted your goodness . Onlooker the fault finder aka as the whinging Pommie...
By:
onlooker
When: 29 Jul 21 22:34
^  'Pot Kettle Black'

Nobody Faster out of the Traps to post the against England - when any opportunity presents itself. 

- There must be No Mirrors in your house
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 29 Jul 21 22:56
Couldn't agree more onlooker, workrider, irishone, sofiakenny, honcho, badjoe AND MORE, etc all ignorant toe rags who knock England at any opportunity they might get, pure ignorant racists who then - complain when an Englishman dare speaks against the THEM.
By:
brigust1
When: 30 Jul 21 08:28
Pity this has fallen into a slagging match but, getting back to the point, I have been to Goodwood many times and I have always thought the ground rises in the last furlong. Not like Newmarket, of course, nothing dramatic but a slight rise.
By:
Nutty Nigel
When: 30 Jul 21 10:01
correct brigust1
By:
workrider
When: 30 Jul 21 10:03
Onlooker will be along in a moment and my advice to ye lads is run for your life's , he brooks no argument and shall have you sent to the tower...Laugh
By:
cardifffc
When: 30 Jul 21 10:04
Tiger Tiger member of the BNP(nap)
By:
stu
When: 30 Jul 21 10:14
I think the point was that all the anti-english posters are a little hypocritical on this issue fellas.

If you don't like anti-Irish posts, then maybe stop with the anti-english ones too?
By:
stu
When: 30 Jul 21 10:16
Personally I think we're all entitled to views, and sports emphasises nationality and differences, just that everyone is so touchy about it these days.
By:
workrider
When: 30 Jul 21 10:32
I find myself agreeing with you Stu , anyone who knows me knows my liking for the English race . Some of my best friends are English and my two racing buddies here in Ireland are English!...I find Onlookers constant anti Irish comments annoying , over 90% of his posts are anti Irish . Both of us are not blameless when it comes to infighting, Regards racing both bodies leaves lots to be desired and both need to have a good look at were they're heading..
By:
saddo
When: 30 Jul 21 10:38
Cardiff needing people to see how woke he is by the look of it.
By:
cardifffc
When: 30 Jul 21 10:42
saddo..i am english person who treats every person equal.....irish scotish black white chinese.....if that makes me woke them i am guilty
By:
cardifffc
When: 30 Jul 21 10:43
living in kent there are pleny tiger tigers
By:
cardifffc
When: 30 Jul 21 10:44
plenty*
By:
stu
When: 30 Jul 21 10:55
Fairplay workrider - as you know I've expressed my dislike for Irish racing, and I don't apologise for that view.

I would never be anti any nationality for no reason (I'm English, but I live in Wales and am married to a welsh woman, my kids identify as Welsh), but I totally disagree with those who these days think that supporting a nation, or even knocking another nation (within reason), makes one a racist. Sport itself is founded on nationalities competing, so it's a natural effect of that, or else we should probably stop national competitions in all sport as it is too racist as a concept.
By:
onlooker
When: 30 Jul 21 11:11
"Racist" - my Backside.

'Nationalist'  - IS the Word. ...

NOT - "Racist".... as also MISUSED by workrider.   Cry

At least get your GRAMMAR correct - if you are wrong about the rest.
By:
saddo
When: 30 Jul 21 11:15
We have fast become a nation of self flagellators onlooker, nativism will probably be a crime in England one day.
By:
workrider
When: 30 Jul 21 11:36
So your claim to been Nationalist is constant with your anti Irish rants , I have no problem with people been Nationalist , in fact I think its a wonderful thing to be proud of your Country . You though seem to find fault with the most trivial thing about the Irish everyday . Hence my Racist comment , sadly I think you have just become a sad old man and I shall try my best to ignore your nonsense...
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com