Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DIFERENT GRAVY 12
29 Jul 21 13:07
| Topic/replies: 4,067 | Blogger: DIFERENT GRAVY 12's blog
Have been watching womens beach volleyball, there has been a wrist injury after only 10 mins.

Hopefully I will be ok by the weekend.
Show More
Report xmoneyx August 3, 2021 3:38 PM BST
player
Report A_T August 3, 2021 5:34 PM BST
You're obviously easily surprised.

Medals are earned on merit, they're not given in gymnastics.

perhaps - but it's ultimately down to the judges who can score as they see fit
Report Wesdag August 3, 2021 5:48 PM BST
yes but they have to score based on very specific guidelines & parameters

it is very technical unlike boxing for example
Report A_T August 3, 2021 5:50 PM BST
but ultimately it's subjective - they could have given Biles the gold should they have wished
Report Wesdag August 3, 2021 5:57 PM BST
so why didn't they?
Report A_T August 3, 2021 6:42 PM BST
how should i know
Report Wesdag August 3, 2021 7:08 PM BST
Crazy
Report shoodacoodadidnt August 3, 2021 7:39 PM BST
love Betfair help - I have to wait 10 to 15 minutes while they check what's happened to the womens 400m market which I can't find - nor the bet I had on that market - :( .... helluva service
Report shoodacoodadidnt August 3, 2021 7:44 PM BST
They're saying they can't find the market for the Women's 400m - and I should raise a request - surely that's cra* - surely that market already existed - wtf is going on with this exchange?
Report sixtwosix August 3, 2021 7:46 PM BST
On the Beeb website there is a picture of the women who came third in some gymnastic event......not a mention of the winner.
Report EastLower Gooner August 3, 2021 7:47 PM BST
Keely Hodgkinson is a cutie imo Love

Felt sorry for Jemma Reekie…treading water the last 50m and lost bronze.
Report Wesdag August 3, 2021 7:49 PM BST

Aug 3, 2021 -- 1:46PM, sixtwosix wrote:

On the Beeb website there is a picture of the women who came third in some gymnastic event......not a mention of the winner.

So, you don't know the event but you're bothered to know the name of the winner?

Report sixtwosix August 3, 2021 8:02 PM BST
I do not wish to know the winner , just seems odd the Beed are focused on the person who finished third ......not even a patriotic reason .
Report ballyregan August 3, 2021 8:13 PM BST
bbc are very woke these days
Report Wesdag August 3, 2021 8:27 PM BST

Aug 3, 2021 -- 2:02PM, sixtwosix wrote:

I do not wish to know the winner , just seems odd the Beed are focused on the person who finished third ......not even a patriotic reason .

Possibly cos she's the most successful/famous gymnast in the world perhaps & has had a few issues recently?

Report Wesdag August 3, 2021 8:36 PM BST
You yourself said you weren't interested in the winner, & the Beeb agreed.
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 3, 2021 10:46 PM BST
Women's Heptathlon starts in a couple of hours.

In the 2016 Rio games I was suckered in by all the hype over KJT and placed £400 @ 9-4. Didn't look at the opposition or her current form, Hills were a stand-out price. It stands out as my worst ever bet Cry
Report LoyalHoncho August 3, 2021 11:20 PM BST
sageform        03 Aug 21 12:39

Thanks sageform.  Certainly a possibility.  Horribly, my initial consideration was drugs, which is most unfair on clean athletes, but there is so much of it historically,.........Many thanks for your imput.
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 4, 2021 5:33 AM BST
Womens Park Skateboarding

Another Gold/Silver for the land of the rising sun, bronze for UK. A 12yo & 13yo on the podium, I've got underpants older than that!

They seem to spend more time falling off the skateboard than doing the tricks, but its obviously a young persons game.

Hopefully the one wearing the painters overalls has won a Primark voucher.

Heptathlon

KJT has started ok but has been having treatment on her ankle, she still has a lovely arse though.
Report sageform August 4, 2021 7:41 AM BST
My son who is still running and works for Welsh Athletics tells me it is down to a completely new carbon fibre base in the shoes which led to the sub 2 hour marathon run recently. It is probably not such a big advantage in sprints but is clearly a big help at 400 metres upwards. First three in the women's 400 hurdles broke the old world record today which says it all. From 1500m up, tactics play a bigger part so we may not see world records in those until we get back to Diamond League. I would say that Laura Muir is our only realistic medal chance left in athletics after J-Thompson.
Report sixtwosix August 4, 2021 8:00 AM BST
The shoe and track technology creating 'sharksuit' style world records .....similar to constant technology improvements leading to track cycling  world records.

Little more than an advert for technology boffins.
Report dustybin August 4, 2021 10:02 AM BST
It was the Nike Vaporfly shoe that apparently improved running efficiency by 4%, but other brands now have their own versions.
The governing body restricted sole thickness to 40mm.

It’s an odd thing when performance enhancing drugs are outright banned, with all manner of chemicals searched for even out of competition, but a proven technical advance from the private sector is just a grey area.
Report dustybin August 4, 2021 10:06 AM BST
They have certainly moved a long way from the original competition of running barefoot and chucking.

Maybe everyone should compete naked, and just be issues with a strap…to either strap you c0ck or tits down
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 4, 2021 10:13 AM BST
Surely the t1ts being strapped down would lessen the enjoyment!

(.)(.)
Report Slicer August 4, 2021 10:53 AM BST
I think they should go back to plimsoles. No more world records EVER!
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 4, 2021 10:59 AM BST
When you were kids slippers were fast.
Report Slicer August 4, 2021 11:05 AM BST
When I was a kid I wrapped my feat in oak leaves as shoes hadn't been invented. Lots of broken toes after a football session!
Report scrabbler August 4, 2021 11:07 AM BST
When I was a kid anyone who had Dunlop Green Flash was a toff. The source of plimmos was the local army surplus store.
Report Slicer August 4, 2021 11:09 AM BST
We were poor when I was young so I got my clothes from the army surplus store too. I wasn't happy as the kids at school used to make fun of me  being dressed as a Japanese kamikaze pilot!
Report Slicer August 4, 2021 11:11 AM BST
Back to topic-has anyone noticed these lady mid distance runners are all 3 feet 10 inches tall & weigh 18 ounces!
Report CROPSICK August 4, 2021 11:14 AM BST
i used to get my gear from army surplus also, went for some camoflage trousers once, guy said he had them somewhere but couldnt find them.
Report Slicer August 4, 2021 11:20 AM BST
Nice one Laugh
Report penzance August 4, 2021 11:25 AM BST
I used to run the 1500m,dressed as an engine driver.
Never won fkc all, always run out of steam.
Report Slicer August 4, 2021 11:28 AM BST
In that case you needed a meal of cabbage, brussel sprouts & garlic washed down with Irn Bru an hour before the race.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! August 4, 2021 12:54 PM BST
Gold GB Equestrian
YEHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grin
Report dustybin August 4, 2021 1:06 PM BST
I remember just the sight of the lost property bin was enough for anyone to not try and get out of PE by saying you'd forgotten your kit...

Those plimsoles in there must have been in there decades and you could never find a pair Cry
Report Slicer August 4, 2021 1:09 PM BST
After some time in our lost property bin the plimsoles walked out on their own!
Report dustybin August 4, 2021 1:12 PM BST
I went to secondary school in the 80s and I bet the stuff in there was from the 50s
Report gemini01 August 4, 2021 1:13 PM BST
Some load of boolloxs letting all these GB athletes compete, asher smith- gemili-johnson thompson, all carrying injuries into the games, surely their places should have been taken by healthy/fit competitors rather than this injured bunch.....
Report Slicer August 4, 2021 1:17 PM BST
Mr 01 Add to that those "mentally affected" athletes. Shame on them for taking other's places!
Report sageform August 4, 2021 1:34 PM BST
In many events there were no qualified athletes who could replace them. KJT the only heptathlete with any chance and as we saw, the next best sprinters behind Dina were not good enough.
Report gemini01 August 4, 2021 1:36 PM BST
any fit/healthy athlete is a far better proposition than an injured crock anyday in any sport
Report Wesdag August 4, 2021 1:41 PM BST
those replacements probably wouldn't have met the qualifying standard to be there
Report sageform August 4, 2021 1:57 PM BST
Exactly Wesdag. We didn't even have anyone qualified for the Decathlon. You have to take world class athletes and hope they can overcome any injuries. Gemili is the only one that we could have replaced.
Report Slicer August 4, 2021 2:48 PM BST
Thank you all for making the salient point about replacements not having achieved the qualifying standard. I must have overlooked this due to being "mentally affected" by winning good monet on this mornings dogs! Ill take the afternoon off to concentrate on my "mental health" by sipping Bolly thru a straw accompanying my fillet stake!
Report LoyalHoncho August 4, 2021 2:59 PM BST
No class.  Bolly doesn't go with fillet.  Irn Bru is best.  Laugh
Report Slicer August 4, 2021 3:10 PM BST
Mr Honcho- I can't drunk Irn Bru as it dissolves my metal knees & hips!
Report angrybryan August 4, 2021 9:12 PM BST
PLEASE there are ALLLLLLLLL at it. Please leave future posts concerning these steroid fuelled "athletes",on the cycling section along with the other cheating "sportsperson".Naivety abounds.
Report xmoneyx August 4, 2021 9:27 PM BST
skateboarders more skillful than BMX
Report angrybryan August 4, 2021 10:00 PM BST
I exclude a 13 year old child from my belief.
Report xmoneyx August 4, 2021 10:44 PM BST
10K swim

Wink
Report Wesdag August 5, 2021 12:19 AM BST

Aug 4, 2021 -- 3:12PM, angrybryan wrote:

PLEASE there are ALLLLLLLLL at it. Please leave future posts concerning these steroid fuelled "athletes",on the cycling section along with the other cheating "sportsperson".Naivety abounds.

Well don't watch then ya bore.

Report angrybryan August 5, 2021 12:34 AM BST
I don't,naivety still abounds.
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 5, 2021 11:50 AM BST
Athletics

I have noticed that the black arses seem tighter and more defined than the white ones. Whether this is physiological or just a different training regime I don't know.

ps    I am talking about the women.
Report xmoneyx August 5, 2021 1:10 PM BST
this guy sporting life tipping well

https://www.sportinglife.com/other-sports/news/tokyo-2020-track-and-field/193479
Report Slicer August 5, 2021 2:27 PM BST
Mr Gravy it's through heredity & evolution. You're certainly not mistaken!
Report sixtwosix August 5, 2021 2:38 PM BST
Having not watched any Olympics I see on the new headlines a man from my village has won our only track cycling Gold at this renewal.
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 5, 2021 3:45 PM BST
A lot of our medallists come from the north west of England, the fact that it is grim up north doesn't seem to have hindered them.
Report jamesdean August 5, 2021 3:52 PM BST
Is Tom Daley from up north?
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 5, 2021 4:12 PM BST
He is from Brown Willy in Cornwall.
Report ballyregan August 5, 2021 4:34 PM BST
I think he has northern roots judged by his knitting skills
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:40 PM BST
the omnium has to be the most stupid event in the history of the Olympics. who on earth thought it was a good idea?
Report ballyregan August 5, 2021 4:51 PM BST
that climbing the wall is another puzzling one
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk August 5, 2021 4:53 PM BST
1st time watched on Eurosport and saw ROC represented. No idea what that country is so googled
Not watching olympics now on principle
Cheating effers + trans + woke ****.
Embarrassing
Report ballyregan August 5, 2021 5:03 PM BST
and claire balding jumping she is the cherry on the cake she is awful on google box also just cringe
Report scrabbler August 5, 2021 5:08 PM BST
Anybody seen the karate "fighting" with no opponent ?  Ridiculous.
Report ballyregan August 5, 2021 5:13 PM BST
i have seen a few do it a nightclub after too much substances didn't know it went mainstream
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 5, 2021 5:22 PM BST
Thai Kwon Doh

Kick then run away Laugh
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 6, 2021 6:53 AM BST
Beach Volleyball final

4 six foot bikini-clad supermodels rolling around in sand. Surely the best televised sport since the Lingerie Bowl was taken off our screens.

Watched it for an hour and don't even know who won!

Hopfully Laura Muir can win a medal later, I am on at Evens.
Report A_T August 6, 2021 10:33 AM BST
Anybody seen the karate "fighting" with no opponent ?  Ridiculous.

not sure what you're complaining about it's pretty obvious she's winning here

https://www.eurosport.com/karate/tokyo-2020/2021/karate-women-s-kata-final-tokyo-2020-olympic-highlights_vid1522546/video.shtml
Report BARROWBOY August 6, 2021 11:13 AM BST
Highlight so far,Laura Kenny winning gold,super personality,puts a lot of the whinging self absorbed track athletes to shame.
Report San Quentin August 6, 2021 11:48 AM BST
Only 1 medal up for grabs in the 1500 D G 12 ,gold silver sewn up just not sure the order.More hopeful than anything else I would suggest
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 6, 2021 12:00 PM BST
SQ

I think she will get it
Report San Quentin August 6, 2021 12:23 PM BST
Hopefully D G,a very intelligent runner is Laura very rarely makes an error.Good luck to Laura and your investment.
Report isleham August 6, 2021 1:40 PM BST
well done allyson
Report A_T August 6, 2021 2:17 PM BST
great run from Laura Muir for silver - no soft medal there that race was of a very high standard indeed
Report LoyalHoncho August 6, 2021 2:39 PM BST
I agree A_T and can't understand why she is whingeing and greetin.  She ran a great race to come second to a great athlete.
Report driver2 August 6, 2021 3:15 PM BST
I was so happy when Brendan Foster retired as he was the most boring commentator on the planet. Unfortunately he has been replaced by Paula Radcliffe, the 2nd most boring commentator on the planet. Oh well, very good games by the British, the women's Madison in the velodrome was amazing!
Report The Pies August 6, 2021 3:19 PM BST
"Can you just put into words exactly how you feel", alas most of the time they (unsurprisingly) can't come with anything worthwhile.
Report gemini01 August 6, 2021 5:00 PM BST
Unreal run by Laura Muir, PB, silver medal at the Olympics, what a day in her life, thoroughly deserved, well done her
Report steerforth August 6, 2021 5:15 PM BST
I always find it interesting to look at the BBC news site to see what the "most watched" and "most read" stories are. I think it's a good benchmark of what the public are interested in and what catches their eye. Despite headlining the site with an Olympics news story every day for the last two weeks, I've yet to spot one in the popular lists.
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 6, 2021 6:17 PM BST
Diving

Tom Daley spends his downtime knitting another posing pouch for his 47 year old husband.

Can he get any gayer?

Well done Laura.
Report xmoneyx August 6, 2021 10:06 PM BST
Canadian soccer player Quinn becomes the first transgender person in history to win an Olympic gold medal

who knew ? Wink
Report Wesdag August 6, 2021 10:34 PM BST
Transitioned from female to non-binary

Crazy

Basically a pronoun obsessed narcissist going through an androgynous phase.
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 7, 2021 10:12 AM BST
Modern Pentathlon

German coach Heidi Himler has been given a ban after punching a horse in yesterdays womens event. The horse Saint Boy refused to jump repeatedly and cost the rider the chance of a medal.

Ms Himler was asked if the horse being Polish had any influence on her actions.
Report sageform August 7, 2021 11:39 AM BST
Closing on another Gold for Alex Chung but getting chased down.
Report sageform August 7, 2021 11:43 AM BST
Another GOLD medal taking GB to 20, closing on Japan all the time.
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 7, 2021 11:43 AM BST
Choong gets gold gong.
Report sageform August 7, 2021 1:29 PM BST
Great bronze in the 1500 metres from a new GB star Kerr. First in 1500 for 33 years! Can't believe that Elliott, Cram, Coe and Ovett are so long ago.
Report A_T August 7, 2021 2:17 PM BST
olympics coming to a close - a wonderful celebration of women's bottoms - I'll miss it
Report layemall August 7, 2021 4:50 PM BST
synchronised swimming on at the moment.....quite amazing what they can do.....very visually pleasing :)
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 7, 2021 7:27 PM BST
Kambunji wins arse of the games imo
Report .Marksman. August 7, 2021 10:11 PM BST

I can certainly see where you're coming from Mr GravyExcitedWink
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 8, 2021 4:54 AM BST
Jason Kenny

FANTASTIC
Report driver2 August 8, 2021 5:45 AM BST
Amazing!
Report LoyalHoncho August 8, 2021 5:47 AM BST
I take my hat off, with great respect, to the multitudes of ordinary Japanese people who have worked their socks off to give the world these games.  A fantastic effort under the circumstances.
Report SlippyBlue August 8, 2021 7:10 AM BST
Lauren Price wins middleweight boxing gold, there's lovely.
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 8, 2021 7:29 AM BST
Isn't it
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 8, 2021 7:32 AM BST
Well done son
Report sageform August 8, 2021 7:36 AM BST
8 events involving horses (including Modern Pentathlon) and from those GB won 4 Gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze. Only the Showjumping team failed to get one. Great finale with Kenny and Price getting Golds this morning.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com