Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stu
28 Jul 21 13:25
| Topic/replies: 15,599 | Blogger: stu's blog
Might be nice Laugh
Pause Switch to Standard View Does Dixon ever have a day off...?
Show More
Report Wicklow August 1, 2021 1:22 PM BST
Thirsk today, after the 5 days of goodwood. Have a day off lad.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk August 1, 2021 1:26 PM BST
He must be well paid.
He's in the buying and selling game as well aint he?
Report Cork Langer August 1, 2021 1:26 PM BST
Loves the game and is being paid to do something he enjoys, so why say no thanks?

The majority on here play seven days a week and are working in a confined space with no guarantee of a profit, know which choice I would prefer if it were offered to me.
Report ease August 1, 2021 2:24 PM BST
has more days off than the virtual ever-present Nevvo
Report RothmanMike August 1, 2021 3:05 PM BST
There 2 brothers, not sure how many gigs for each, but their knowledge and contribution is 10 times that
of anyone on ATR.
Report stu August 2, 2021 12:18 PM BST
I'm sure he works hard, but I rarely find anything worth hearing from him - it's just you cannot avoid hearing him!
Report stu August 2, 2021 12:19 PM BST
Though he is marginally preferable to hearing Lydia! Cry
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 August 2, 2021 12:21 PM BST
He talks a lot but says f**k all.
Report stu August 2, 2021 12:25 PM BST
My problem is that it's an endless stream on details. Sifting to hear anything useful is a task in itself.
Report stu August 2, 2021 12:28 PM BST
Plus (like most pundits) they love to aftertime...
Report ballyregan August 8, 2021 4:55 PM BST
Watching itv today for the first time for a while Chris has now been signed as a form book expert on itv now another string .job to his bow, he spoke for a longtime about how to find winners Oli has been swooning like a fangirl all show show  at his ability up tip winners up to now and Chris was been given time to choose a selection at the curragh he previewed the race and he chose two horses eagles flight and bopedro who were first and second favourites the two respective horse finished 6th and last nothing said after.
Report ghostlygunner August 8, 2021 5:24 PM BST
hes in a fortunate position and what a great job to have, but i think he comes across as a decent bloke to be fair.

i think there is a tendency to think those younger cant have as much knowledge of the game, but i think he does know his stuff as well.
Report impossible123 August 8, 2021 5:31 PM BST
Back their selections with their own money. Others (recreational punters) do sometimes hard-earned cash, and no preferential prices either. Also, they talk so much gibberish before and after the race.
Report mitolo August 8, 2021 5:34 PM BST
if you do not want the dixon twins on the box, particularly the baldy one, you are a mug. they both make money wagoning, unlike those on here moaning about them.
Report portmanpark August 8, 2021 5:35 PM BST
to be fair he says on the stars sport interview he could not make it as a pro punter
Report ballyregan August 8, 2021 5:37 PM BST
mitolo re pundits if these pundits are so succesful at gambling as you say why do they have so many jobs in racing tv? surely times precious and they should be gambling as they have it sussed and not being on tv.
Report The Management August 8, 2021 6:14 PM BST
Feel a bit sorry for them tbh - having to make a selection in every race - there isn't a man (or woman) alive that will show a profit from having to make a selection in every race - just look at the newspaper tipsters.

It's obviously not acceptable (on channels that are essentially sponsored by bookmakers) to say "I wouldn't touch this race with a bargepole - it's a bookmakers benefit race" - and most meetings consist of at least 4 or 5 such races.

I wouldn't say no to being well paid for doing something I enjoy - and I don't expect many on here would (including the ones that make this pay).

I have done both (not presenting on TV) - but having other sources of income while doing this for a living and also doing this for a living without any other income. I can tell you the former is far preferable to the latter and a lot less pressure!
Report The Management August 8, 2021 6:24 PM BST
It's probably worth adding that (for some strange reason) - they are also expected to play the race in a traditional way i.e. pick the winner.

Given that it's 2021, I would guess that most people that make the game pay gave that up (as their sole approach to betting on horses) many years ago.
Report ballyregan August 8, 2021 6:27 PM BST
imo pundits.journalists have a duty of care to the viewer when on tv they are all made out as superstar experts but look at the naps table when monitorred they are not judging by factual statistics imo they are just quick talking guessers.
I genuinely feel they should be monitorred have a p and l system on tips and if they are unsuccessful consistently let someone else have a go to stop them getting stale.
I think this because lots of viewers not me take notice of tips and are easily swayed and end up doing there conkers betting pundits selections because simply the pundits are upping there ability and tricking the viewer when actually they are worse than the viewer themselves.
Report The Management August 8, 2021 6:31 PM BST
What do you want them to say? - "I wouldn't touch this sh1te card with a bargepole - I suggest you switch over to our rival channel where my only bet of the day runs in the 15:30"
Report ballyregan August 8, 2021 6:35 PM BST
thats honesty why not?
Report steerforth August 8, 2021 6:49 PM BST
Anyone see the conflict here? Anyone who understands how to bet, yet takes a fee for appearing, must be required to be deceptive to some degree. An honest exercise in educating the unitiated is counter productive to the sponsors' interests.
Report steerforth August 8, 2021 6:50 PM BST
*uninitiated*
Report mitolo August 8, 2021 6:55 PM BST
steve mellish has been winning for 20 years yet he still appears on the box. dixon saying he couldnt be a pro punter doesnt mean hes not a winner. i dont know, and would be surprised if the other one doesnt make plenty. always worth listening to. likewise freemantle.
Report ballyregan August 8, 2021 7:04 PM BST
I have no idea if they are successful propunters and make money if they say they do should we just take that as gospel.
racingblogger and the stallion make up they are the real deal and up themselves do you believe them? it is just words
As your above post suggests they are promoting themselves as successful but what I see from there tips they are not p and l wise. 
maybe a p and l should be shown on each day as they tip up every race i.e racing tv has enough staff for this and this could be easily done so everythings transparent for the viewer to know who is great and who is just guessing badly.
Report sparrow August 8, 2021 7:24 PM BST
I only really listen to Eddie Fremantle and Rachel Candelora but take no notice of the others or any of these so called tipsters.
Report mitolo August 8, 2021 7:47 PM BST
some are better than others. its a difficult job. but if you ignore the dixons , fremantle, mellish you are mistaken. at least as a guide. although fremantle put me off a 33/1 winner once, saying it wasnt fit. tony calvin a winner also. all his bets are proofed the day before and hes a long way in front, and thats at sp.

too many on here are small-minded begrudgers full of envy.
Report sparrow August 8, 2021 8:04 PM BST
Its always been the same on here regarding pundits but the only one I just cannot listen to is Chapman. I should probably have added Mellish to Fremantle and Candelora as the ones I do take notice of.
Report mitolo August 8, 2021 8:09 PM BST
i refuse to even look at atr. the only decent one on there is the woman who does the french racing.
Report sparrow August 8, 2021 8:18 PM BST
That would be Catherine on the French racing but I don't mind Tony Ennis or Bob Cooper.
Report penzance August 8, 2021 8:30 PM BST
thought Liz Price was their French pundit?
Report sparrow August 8, 2021 8:39 PM BST
Sky Sports Racing will have a presenter on course at every British meeting and holds exclusive rights to a minimum of 200 meetings a year in France, where the presenting team consists of married couple Katherine Ford and Fabien Cailler.
Report stu August 9, 2021 12:18 AM BST
mitolo08 Aug 21 16:34
if you do not want the dixon twins on the box, particularly the baldy one, you are a mug. they both make money wagoning, unlike those on here moaning about them.

Just out of interest, how do you know that they make money, and why would you want to claim that (on their behalf)?

Not denying he works hard BTW, just the constant whittering I can't abide. Personally, in presentation style I do prefer both Fremantle and Mellish.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com