Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
MJK
24 Jul 21 11:32
| Topic/replies: 13,590 | Blogger: MJK's blog
Only two mounts on a big day. Both have good chances and could be worth a double.
Show More
Report MJK July 24, 2021 3:42 PM BST
That's what I get for going against my instinct. He'd find trouble in a two horse race.
Report Cantthinkofaclevername July 24, 2021 3:45 PM BST
Do you really feel jockey on Mishriff holding Love in for a period really affected the result? Best horse (at the weights) won.
Report workrider July 24, 2021 3:45 PM BST
Find trouble in a walk over ...Laugh
Report bilbobaggins July 24, 2021 3:46 PM BST
Moore is utterly useless sometimes. Never gave Love a chance.
Report werbie July 24, 2021 3:47 PM BST
V strange tactics from the AOB camp there!Confused
Report De_man July 24, 2021 3:47 PM BST
Love never really had a chance but doesnt help to have that sack of Whine on either
Report MJK July 24, 2021 3:48 PM BST

Jul 24, 2021 -- 9:45AM, Cantthinkofaclevername wrote:

Do you really feel jockey on Mishriff holding Love in for a period really affected the result? Best horse (at the weights) won.

The winner was a deserved winner. That doesn't mean Moore didn't give his horse a poor ride. Love actually coasted the last half furlong and wasn't beaten far.

Report ALIEN SEX FIEND July 24, 2021 3:48 PM BST
Backed love for big money, yes he could have been slightly better placed...however best horse won, and either
Love is over rated or she ran flat. Mishriff ran a decent race.
Report De_man July 24, 2021 3:54 PM BST
Yeah Love is over rated but Moore was poor also .. Misriff is a very good horse .. Adayar will win the Arc
Report De_man July 24, 2021 3:54 PM BST
I wish they d get rid of Chapman ..
Report Deptford July 24, 2021 6:47 PM BST
Moore rode a shocker, no suprise, the most over hyped jockey in history
Report panama red July 24, 2021 10:43 PM BST
Poor ride but don't think Love would have won anyway. Adayar has beaten the best around, don't understand why Snowfall is shorter than him in the Arc betting
Report differentdrum July 24, 2021 11:29 PM BST
I don't often have a good word to say about Oily but credit to for him to calling out the actual achievements of Love on this morning's Opening Show. She didn't beat much last year and struggled to win despite having the run of the race on her reappearance. It wasn't a surprise that she wasn't good enough today. If they carry on she could easily be exposed again.
Report LoyalHoncho July 25, 2021 1:34 AM BST
She gave 8lbs and lost to a very good horse.  Terrible performance.  Not.
Report smartpunter July 25, 2021 8:12 AM BST
"The plan" Broome to set off from the front from the "start", slow the pace right down to "inconvenience" Adajar "went to 5/1 after 5 furlongs. 2013 Derby winner Ruler of The World. fav Dawn Approach 5/4 fav (watch the race on you tube) Very interesting.TACTICS A.O'BRIEN.
Report elisjohn July 25, 2021 8:48 AM BST
love was a very average 2 year old,  then came out in the 1000 gns and beat horses that probably still to win a race, the oaks was a very poor renewal,, and the yorkshire oaks dire, but fair play she hammered the field and not her fault of the opposition, she was pulled out of the arc where imo wouldnt have been close. Personally i thought her best run was royal ascot and yesterday  we saw how good she really is , a good  racehorse  but not a great like coolmore has us believed.
i also think that snowfall is similar, really great horses dont win 2 out of about 14 between them as 2 year olds .
Report elisjohn July 25, 2021 4:13 PM BST
terrible positioning on regal reality Cry
Report Cutter27 July 25, 2021 4:16 PM BST
What has happend to Ryan Moore. He used to be the best jockey after he won the apprenticeship?
Report jackkat July 25, 2021 4:17 PM BST
He thought he was on Dayjur great ride by Buick Brunch is a bit of a rogue
Report elisjohn July 25, 2021 4:19 PM BST
he thinks hes the greatest ever, thats the trouble id say
Report themightymac July 25, 2021 4:24 PM BST
I hate when jockeys riding ordinary horses drop them way out the back expecting them to fly like Pegasus.

Having said that, the winner Brunch was upside him at the back throughout and it won.
Report Cutter27 July 25, 2021 4:36 PM BST

Jul 25, 2021 -- 10:19AM, elisjohn wrote:

he thinks hes the greatest ever, thats the trouble id say

Yes. I saw him at Doncaster after he'd won the apprenticeship and he was sat sipping water and threw the plastic bottle on the floor!

Report elisjohn July 25, 2021 4:40 PM BST
showed what kind of peron he is imo , in that enqiry shown on tv with murphy
Report themightymac July 25, 2021 4:47 PM BST
What happened in the Enquiry?
Report elisjohn July 25, 2021 4:54 PM BST
didnt you see it about 2 years ago, cant remember the horses involved but really did ( not sure of the word) but belittle him.
Report Pilsudski July 25, 2021 5:05 PM BST
He don’t give a sxxt.End of.
Report lead on July 25, 2021 7:52 PM BST
That enquiry was the first race at Glorious Goodwood,I think...3 or 4 years ago...Ed Dunlop horse involved...Moore tried to belittle Murphy...like to see a similar scenario now!
Report themightymac July 25, 2021 8:57 PM BST
Cheers. Never seen it.
Report elisjohn July 25, 2021 9:11 PM BST
found this mightymac,  https://www.racingpost.com/news/read-how-the-dramatic-televised-inquiry-at-g...
Report elisjohn July 25, 2021 9:16 PM BST
Read how the dramatic televised inquiry at Goodwood played out
Fabricate - Adam Kirby wins from Dark Red - Oisin Murphy The Matchbook Betting Exchange Handicap (Class 2) Goodwood1/8/16.©Cranhamphoto.com
Fabricate (right) was awarded Glorious Goodwood's opening race after suffering interference from Dark Red
Mark Cranham
1 of 1
5:44PM, AUG 1 2017

Dark Red, ridden by Oisin Murphy, passed the post first in the opening 1m2f handicap, but the placings were reversed in the stewards' room because of late interference, and Fabricate was awarded the race. Here's how things played out...

Stipendiary steward Colin Vickers: "Mr Moore, did you suffer interference?"

Ryan Moore, rider of seventh-placed Garcia: "Yes sir. Oisin's horse has hung into me."

Vickers: "Mr Kirby, did you suffer interference?"

Adam Kirby, rider of Fabricate, who was second past the post: "Yes, I did sir. I was coming with a winning run and the big grey horse Oisin was on has hung and given me quite a big bump. Then it's continuous pressure all the way to the line. It's cost me the race."

Vickers: "Mr Crowley, did you suffer interference?"

Jim Crowley, rider of third-placed Khairaat: "Not interference,I just got taken off my line when the horse in front drifted into the middle of the track."

Vickers: "Mr Atzeni, did you suffer interference?"

Andrea Atzeni, rider of fourth-placed UAE Prince: "Same for me. I didn't suffer interference, but the horse in front of me just came across and I had to switch my horse to the left towards the end."

Vickers: "Mr Murphy, you've heard what the other jockeys have got to say, what have you got to respond?"

Oisin Murphy (left) tries to stop Dark Red from hanging left
Mark Cranham
Oisin Murphy: "I was on the best horse in the race. I sat on the rail and came with a winning run up the inside on the rail. I got into the clear and my horse has lugged left towards the gate. I had my stick in my left hand and you can see my right hand is in the air doing everything I can to keep him straight. I continuously tug off it through the line. I think My Kirby gets within a head or neck of me with a 100 yards to go, but we don't have any contact in the last 100 yards. I'm doing everything in my power and actually stop hitting the horse to keep him straight and he continues to lug to the gate. I'm in front and well clear even after the line. I've no doubt I was on the best horse."

Vickers: "Mr Moore, is there anything else you'd like to say?"
Fabricate - Adam Kirby wins from Dark Red - Oisin Murphy The Matchbook Betting Exchange Handicap (Class 2) Goodwood1/8/16.©Cranhamphoto.com
Fabricate (right) was awarded Glorious Goodwood's opening race after suffering interference from Dark Red
Mark Cranham
1 of 1

Dark Red, ridden by Oisin Murphy, passed the post first in the opening 1m2f handicap, but the placings were reversed in the stewards' room because of late interference, and Fabricate was awarded the race. Here's how things played out...

Ryan Moore, rider of seventh-placed Garcia: "Yes sir. Oisin's horse has hung into me."

Adam Kirby, rider of Fabricate, who was second past the post: "Yes, I did sir. I was coming with a winning run and the big grey horse Oisin was on has hung and given me quite a big bump. Then it's continuous pressure all the way to the line. It's cost me the race."

Jim Crowley, rider of third-placed Khairaat: "Not interference,I just got taken off my line when the horse in front drifted into the middle of the track."

Andrea Atzeni, rider of fourth-placed UAE Prince: "Same for me. I didn't suffer interference, but the horse in front of me just came across and I had to switch my horse to the left towards the end."

Vickers: "Mr Murphy, you've heard what the other jockeys have got to say, what have you got to respond?"

Mark Cranham
Oisin Murphy: "I was on the best horse in the race. I sat on the rail and came with a winning run up the inside on the rail. I got into the clear and my horse has lugged left towards the gate. I had my stick in my left hand and you can see my right hand is in the air doing everything I can to keep him straight. I continuously tug off it through the line. I think My Kirby gets within a head or neck of me with a 100 yards to go, but we don't have any contact in the last 100 yards. I'm doing everything in my power and actually stop hitting the horse to keep him straight and he continues to lug to the gate. I'm in front and well clear even after the line. I've no doubt I was on the best horse."

Moore: "No (laughs)."

Vickers: "Mr Kirby?"

Kirby: "It's not just the one bump – it's continuous, taking me all the way to the line. He's able to carry on riding his and I had to put my stick down on mine because he got a bump. He changed his legs and it knocked the wind out of him; he's come again at the line."

Vickers: "Mr Crowley, anything more you want to say?"

Crowley: "No sir."

Vickers: "Mr Atzeni?"

Atzeni: "No."

Vickers: "Mr Murphy, anything more you'd want to add?"

Murphy: "No thank you sir."

Dark Red (grey) hangs to his left in the closing stages
Mark Cranham
Lucinda Cavendish, steward: "Mr Murphy, did you think it might have been a good idea to put your stick down and put both hands on the reins?"

Murphy: "If you actually notice I have so much pressure - you can only pull the right rein off the right hand and I make a few body movements and my bum hits the horse's backside trying to keep him straight. I couldn't have had any more contact with my right rein. I believe I did everything in my power – and you can see from by body language – to keep the horse straight."

Cavendish: "Thank you."

Moore: "He's just not strong enough to keep him straight (laughs)."

Read Lee Mottershead's report on the dramatic inquiry

FIRST PUBLISHED 3:35PM, AUG 1 2017I was coming with a winning run and the big grey horse Oisin was on has hung and given me quite a big bump

Kirby: "It's not just the one bump – it's continuous, taking me all the way to the line. He's able to carry on riding his and I had to put my stick down on mine because he got a bump. He changed his legs and it knocked the wind out of him; he's come again at the line."

Mark Cranham
Lucinda Cavendish, steward: "Mr Murphy, did you think it might have been a good idea to put your stick down and put both hands on the reins?"

Murphy: "If you actually notice I have so much pressure - you can only pull the right rein off the right hand and I make a few body movements and my bum hits the horse's backside trying to keep him straight. I couldn't have had any more contact with my right rein. I believe I did everything in my power – and you can see from by body language – to keep the horse straight."

FIRST PUBLISHED 3:35PM, AUG 1 2017I was coming with a winning run and the big grey horse Oisin was on has hung and given me quite a big bump
Report elisjohn July 25, 2021 9:19 PM BST
Mark Cranham
1 of 1

Mark Cranham

Mark Cranham

Report LoyalHoncho July 26, 2021 12:44 AM BST
How many times has Murphy lost races in the stewards room through his horse coming well off, and staying off, a true line in a driving finish?
It's certainly more than this one example.  As for judging a jockey "as a person" it's all bowlucks.  Otherwise none of us would ever have had a cent on a Kieron Fallon horse - would we?
Jockeys should be judged as jockeys, and nothing else, imv.
Report matso July 26, 2021 1:15 PM BST
Lost all faith in Moore long ago
Report LoyalHoncho July 26, 2021 2:25 PM BST
He's a 19%er and well worth a look at any time.
Report LoyalHoncho July 28, 2021 3:05 PM BST
Armor.  Didn't have to be a nice guy to win on that one.  Textbook ride from a very good jockey.
Report basilbrush July 28, 2021 3:10 PM BST
Dianne Abbott would have won on that mate.
Report LoyalHoncho July 28, 2021 3:17 PM BST
Don't think so.  Apart from carrying loads of overweight she'd still have been in the paddock kneeling on one knee and bleating about injustice.
Report basilbrush July 28, 2021 3:26 PM BST
I was there the night you won the greyhound derby 13 years ago so I will bend to your greater knowledge of the Abbotomus.
Report LoyalHoncho July 28, 2021 3:44 PM BST
What a night that was!  Laugh  And he ran just as well in the semi!
Report basilbrush July 28, 2021 3:55 PM BST
Bridesmaid the previous year too mate, Seamus was over the moon.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com