Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
23 Jul 21 10:58
| Topic/replies: 21,980 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
and your confidence has taken a hit , its a biggish price and  on a slight drift no fooka has tipped it ,would you  reduce normal  stakes  or  i smash the arshe off it?
Pause Switch to Standard View guys you fancy one strongly but have...
Show More
Report zipperdidoda July 23, 2021 12:07 PM BST
reduce stakes until the tide turns in your favour/luck changes everything!
Report saddo July 23, 2021 12:24 PM BST
Why not just put normal stakes on it instead of less or smashing it? I personally like em to drift but wouldn't place more than I intended to because of it. Confidence is a difficult one, I had six losers in a row since Saturday but 4 from last five have won. I try to keep doing what I normally do, but I never ever chase losses with bigger stakes.
Report saddo July 23, 2021 12:25 PM BST
* GL with it whatever.
Report Cork Langer July 23, 2021 12:41 PM BST
It should be the same for any selection that you make, strength of feeling should not enter the equation, if it does, why are you backing horses you do not feel so strongly about?

Anything you select should carry the same level of confidence at least until it has run and remember never spend more than you can accept losing because on most occasions backing pre-race you are going to be disappointed
Report Hayden July 23, 2021 12:47 PM BST
Don't buy into this bad run stuff at all , if you keep doing the right things consistently with a proven criteria over a very long period then a supposed bad run is a tadpole in an ocean and in effect non existent.

A gambling run = your entire gambling lifetime and any peaks and/or troughs are just a victim of circumstances.

If you toss a coin 100 times it's wrong to expect 50 heads & 50 tails but if you toss it 10,000,000 times over a lifetime then the 5,000,000 heads expectancy would certainly be a lot closer to the 50% mark.

The above can't apply to consistent / lifetime losing punters ( which i'm sure Foyles isn't ) as in their case they need to consider the Einstein advice regarding the definition of insanity.

Best of luck Foyles and all    Happy
Report geoff m July 23, 2021 12:55 PM BST
do what you would normally do Foyles.
Report Hayden July 23, 2021 1:21 PM BST
Exactly geoff , apologies for using 200 words when a sensible 7 words would suffice   Happy
Report stu July 23, 2021 1:47 PM BST
hard when confidence goes though, start second guessing...
Report FOYLESWAR July 23, 2021 4:06 PM BST
thanks chaps, gonna  play to something near my normal stakes when i fancy one strongly, will put the losing run to the back of my mind .
Report ProSniper July 23, 2021 5:48 PM BST
Nothing wrong with going heavier every now&then if&when you fancy the utter tits off one.. but it shouldn't be as a means to recoup what's been lost in any series of bets.
Report FOYLESWAR July 23, 2021 5:56 PM BST
the losing run is on smaller bets less fancied ones ,tbh i should try and cut these out but they do keep accounts alive.
Report FOYLESWAR July 23, 2021 6:00 PM BST
mainly smaller bets have had a few bigger stronger bets go south as well in the last few months but had a very good run march to end of may ,since may been the losing run^^^^^^
Report 1830 July 23, 2021 6:09 PM BST
If you reduce your Normal Stake, that means your Bank ISNT big enough to be Betting the Stakes you are.
Report tanglefoot July 23, 2021 6:11 PM BST
Foyles as U go for longer priced horses,u have to expect losing runs.
Report ProSniper July 23, 2021 6:15 PM BST
As long as you're always living within your means(bank/s) there should never be any problem. I appreciate how these type of "terrible runs" can and does affect the novice punter, but there's simply NO EXCUSE for any punter with gallons of experience.
Report steerforth July 23, 2021 6:26 PM BST
Every book I've read about backing horses labours over staking plans and they all come to a similar conclusion, "level staking is right but boring". I decided years ago that "if it's right then it's right", and never, ever vary stakes now. Every winner and loser counts the same, but the most important benefit is that all my effort is applied to the question, "is this a bet at the price?". All the hard work that goes into that decision are unencumbered by another layer of concern about how much to have on, and I'm liberated completely from the angst of feeling that I under or over staked once the result is known - when vision is unimpaired. Free your head for the selection, you'll still achieve value when the price is better than its should be, and you quickly get used to it. (Can't stop the losing runs though, they are part of the game).
Report steerforth July 23, 2021 6:38 PM BST
Another point regarding losing runs. You should be able to tell the difference between a losing run that is just an inevitable consequence of a sound strategy and when the results are symptomatic of a flawed strategy. Racing and/or market dynamics change, and more quickly than many realise. Being agile and ready to adapt is crucial. Not necessarily every week, month, or even every year, but when its happening you need the instinct to know. The ten million coin tosses will be heavily skewed if the coin is weighted against you.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps July 23, 2021 9:50 PM BST
a cringeworthy opening post foyles..if you have to ask a forum full of clowns theres no hope.
Report saddo July 23, 2021 11:11 PM BST
I notice no one wanted to know what the hoss was Happy
Report swiftynifty July 24, 2021 1:05 AM BST
saddo, Foyle's has admitted he's on a bad run, I sure as hell don't want to join him on it!
Report Facts July 24, 2021 2:26 AM BST
Hayden,steerforth and 1830 are correct.
Report EastLower Gooner July 24, 2021 9:59 AM BST
Drop down to the Championship imo

ie the without markets.

Often times you’ll still get an attractive price eg princess zoe 13/1 with Strad and Subject in the GC
Report Celtic warrior July 24, 2021 11:01 AM BST
Mr Foyle

You should always use a betting bank to level stakes. Then if it drifts from a value price increase the stake your prior losses are irrelevant and part and parcel of the game.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps July 24, 2021 11:28 AM BST
long term winner but asking degenerates for advice...

Laugh
Report FOYLESWAR July 24, 2021 1:57 PM BST
never said i am a long term winner rico i lost like most for years only the last 2 or 3 years that i have wisened up but on a bit of a losing run atm ,it will come back .
Report Rico-Dangleflaps July 24, 2021 1:59 PM BST
roger ..gl Happy
Report FOYLESWAR July 24, 2021 2:02 PM BST
celtic i know thats probably wise but what if you fancy one very strongly at a price ?  when we get a good winner the thought "shoulda had more on"always surfaces.
Report Celtic warrior July 24, 2021 6:01 PM BST
Foyle

That comment is not logical. The price ALL that matters. The term fancy is irrelevant.
Report Celtic warrior July 24, 2021 6:01 PM BST
You should fancy one strongly BECAUSE of the price
Report Celtic warrior July 24, 2021 6:03 PM BST
Also never afterlife. Move on. Otherwise every lover becomes a 'why did I bet on this one'

I have had nine losing bets at ascot this weekend. Who cares. Study for Tuesday at goodwood
Report stu July 25, 2021 1:41 AM BST
Foyles, so what was the selection, and did it land?
Report stu July 25, 2021 1:42 AM BST
Good to note, for future (self) analysis - also did you stake up, or keep level...etc
Report FOYLESWAR July 25, 2021 9:14 AM BST
mishriff stu
Report cardifffc July 25, 2021 9:37 AM BST
went odds on foyles
Report Angela Rebecchi July 25, 2021 9:39 AM BST
1.56 it hit. Looked the winner 1f out but.
Report FOYLESWAR July 25, 2021 9:42 AM BST
stu ........i am mainly an ante post punter and my mo is to find one or 2 for a race at decent prices several weeks or months before the target race and back it each way with small money every day or 2 tenners scores etc on untill i am comfortable with my position or untill the price shortens to less than what i think is value. obviously the volatile nature of ante post betting at big prices  means lots of losers and non runners but a big priced winner or 2 can keep me in front plus the place side of the bets is also handy. the king george was different as i only started to bet on it a day or 2   before the race ,anyway mishriff was beaten and also my other fancy broome  to smaller money  was unplaced so a loss but the place on mishriff eased to blow to a certain extent but still a loss at the end of the day .
Report FOYLESWAR July 25, 2021 9:43 AM BST
1.57 i was too slow to react to that ...............
Report FOYLESWAR July 25, 2021 9:44 AM BST
1.56^^^^
Report FOYLESWAR July 25, 2021 9:45 AM BST
sorry for the lack of full stops commas etc ^^^
Report cardifffc July 25, 2021 9:51 AM BST
think the winner traded at 14s
Report cardifffc July 25, 2021 9:51 AM BST
think the winner traded at 14s
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder