Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarty b
22 Jul 21 20:47
| Topic/replies: 31,128 | Blogger: stewarty b's blog
I bought miss stew a watch and bracelet not too long back for helping me through a rough patch. Now don't get me wrong, I don't buy love. I did point out a pair of earrings to her but she said, too expensive'. (600) She's not material but I would like to buy her a surprise present for her birthday. Any thoughts welcome from genuine romantics.( sensible replies please)
Pause Switch to Standard View What do you buy a woman/sweetheart...
Show More
Report brassneck July 22, 2021 10:05 PM BST
you use the date of her birth and month,and back both of the two numbers  to come out in the national lottery every week for a year(52 weeks),i think the bookies pay 50/1 for 2 numbers,and this sort of present will keep her happy for the year.Women like to win.Grin in other words she gets 52 presents.
Report stewarty b July 22, 2021 10:06 PM BST
Grin
Report stewarty b July 22, 2021 10:08 PM BST
Speaking about winning I stuck a tenner on the Scottish National winner for her ridden by Tom Scu. But that's not the solution I need!
Report stewarty b July 22, 2021 10:09 PM BST
Are you a romantic brassneck?
Report fife July 22, 2021 10:15 PM BST
a divorce lawyerMischief
Report Capt__F July 22, 2021 10:19 PM BST
stew

this mu prob  eventyually we agreed on  x amountevery bday \Chris
noticed it accelerating E year

bar that write Her a letter
Report brassneck July 22, 2021 10:20 PM BST
i lost my dear wife 8 years and i wish she was alive today so i could buy her a present,amazingly when we set out on a life journey with our girls we never think that one day one will go before the other,"give her a big hug and tell her you love her,some. day one of you will not be able to do that.best of luck stewarty ,you are one of the good guys on the forum.
Report leif July 22, 2021 10:23 PM BST
outside punt could be a 3some with her best friend?
Report Rico-Dangleflaps July 22, 2021 10:27 PM BST
buy her a 12" black double intruder with the big d mega thrust mode as ive no doubt he's been riding out in the stewyb gallops whilst you were scurrying round the betting shops on your mobility scooter.
Report stewarty b July 22, 2021 10:30 PM BST
Sorry to hear that brassneck. I can only imagine the grief you suffered.
Report stewarty b July 22, 2021 10:32 PM BST
" I knew I would get cheek and impudence. Part of the parcel but I can take it. Ever been in love steve?
Report brassneck July 22, 2021 10:34 PM BST
thank you stew.
Report Emitdeb July 23, 2021 2:18 AM BST
Bless her, bet she's just happy not to be still stuck in the Philippines.
Report driver2 July 23, 2021 5:06 AM BST
stewarty, all of the women that I've known love flowers, buy her a dozen red roses, you can't go wrong.
Report Ramruma July 23, 2021 5:27 AM BST
It is kind of an old-fashioned question because these days, women should be able to buy anything they actually need or even want. Maybe an event somewhere you can reminisce about when you are both past it. Posh hotel, Michelin-starred restaurant. A couple of couples I know raved about the London Zoo sleep with the lions thing.

@Rico-Dangleflaps might have been less than serious but women's love toys have reached new heights in this web-enabled, smart app age. Remember to use private browsing mode for your research!
Report barstool July 23, 2021 12:03 PM BST
I got my wife a light weight modern hoover last Christmas, the one with the slim attachment so she can reach the cobwebs in the ceiling corners. Still unpacked.  So I would rule out a domestic appliance. Perhaps the promise of a pub meal, once the evening race is finished, will be appreciated.

Look after her if she is a good un stewarty b. Looks arn't everything.
Report brassneck July 23, 2021 12:37 PM BST
book a house visit appointment with a fortune teller for her ,women like that,but you will be sent to the pub that night when her mates hear about it,they will all call to the house .group appointments run about £100 per person.
who knows the fortune teller might tell her that her husband will win big by backing 6 horses who's jockeys name is Frankie,Laugh
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 3:42 PM BST
Thanks for the suggestions lads, and the entertainment.Laugh
Report Llamedos July 23, 2021 4:01 PM BST
Buy one of those picture montage frames and take the time to fill it with her favourite photos from over the years.
Report SlippyBlue July 23, 2021 4:13 PM BST
Sponsor an open race at your local dog track, say a grand which includes dinner,a bottle of champagne and a trophy to be presented to the winning connections by your good lady wife. Call the race something cheesily appropriate, say "The Mr. Stewarty B loves Mrs. Stewarty B" invitation open.

A sure fire winner.
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 4:54 PM BST
Local dog track Slippy? Too much travelling plus I'm still wary of this covid but a good idea in normal times.
Report Manoleeds July 23, 2021 4:57 PM BST
Pearl necklace?
Report Hayden July 23, 2021 5:00 PM BST
Nothing , give the said amount to a charity it'll make you both feel better.
Report chavman July 23, 2021 5:42 PM BST
let her out the cellar for a start stewy
Report jamesdean July 23, 2021 5:45 PM BST
Full day full access wrist band at Cadonas
Report Mick Sturbs July 23, 2021 6:10 PM BST
get her one of those make up boxes..nail varnish. mascara, face creams, shower gel and all kinds of stuff in there
Can have a pamper night in with her friends then
Report Celtic warrior July 23, 2021 6:12 PM BST
No one has mentioned hr favorite gin!
Report Emitdeb July 23, 2021 6:47 PM BST
chavman
let her out the cellar for a start stewy

Let's keep it real... That's what he did with the last one. Blush
Report RothmanMike July 23, 2021 7:09 PM BST
When you run out of ideas, something different is to buy a newspaper for the day she was born.
Always good to look back at the race cards of the day, also the TV guide is interesting reading.
You can get the Mirror,or whichever you choose.
Report penzance July 23, 2021 7:12 PM BST
buy her a ticket to Thailand,sure she'd love
to see her family and hang out with the big
kn0bs again.
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 7:13 PM BST
That's not a bad idea Mike. I'll phone my local paper tomorrow to see if they can supply. If not I'll try some of the nationals.
Report Ramruma July 23, 2021 7:43 PM BST
Newspaper, maybe. Trouble is, they report the day before's news so either you get the right date or the right news but not both. But on that thought, maybe a montage of a few news photos from the YEAR she was born -- whatever were the biggest stories of the year (but keep it light: no starving Africans).
Report Pilsudski July 23, 2021 8:04 PM BST
Record token.
Report swiftynifty July 23, 2021 8:10 PM BST
Ramruna, Ethiopian famine 1984 so I doubt that's her birth year!
Report Rico-Dangleflaps July 23, 2021 9:54 PM BST
theres a sybian on ebay for 80 notes stewy..quick wash and away she goes..(the sybian..not mrs stews gash).
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 10:04 PM BST
How's it going Stephen. Keeping well?
Report Rico-Dangleflaps July 23, 2021 10:06 PM BST
wel aye.
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 10:11 PM BST
Good show. I'm still recovering from a nasty fall. Two actually. (sober)
Report Rico-Dangleflaps July 23, 2021 10:12 PM BST
from grace?
Report brians July 23, 2021 10:15 PM BST
Bought my wife a flying lesson at the local flying club. They give control once in the sky , often fly over your own house for photos. Cost me £85 a while back. Can get them on groupon.
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 10:18 PM BST
Got up for a p1ss in the morning and I just went down. Blooter. No strength to get back up onto my bed. Eventually managed and the same thing happened. I was on the deck for approx.. 40 minutes all in. 

Whole body bruised. (Laminate) Feck knows what happened but would rather have went one round with Jake La Motta. At least I would have felt no pain.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps July 23, 2021 10:22 PM BST
gan get a check up..get a full scan/full check over  at a nuffield..
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 10:28 PM BST
Nah. But if it happens again...

Miss stew nearly fainted when she saw me. My main problem was I couldn't reach my mobile to phone her for help. Plenty pals I could have phoned but only miss stew allowed in my home due to the virus.

Stranger things have happened.
Report chavman July 23, 2021 10:30 PM BST
cutt down on the pisses stew imo
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 10:32 PM BST
Everyone needs a piss in the morning craig.
Report chavman July 23, 2021 10:32 PM BST
get a stannah with a bog on it mate.....one that transverses the hoos....bit like alton towers but safer
Report chavman July 23, 2021 10:35 PM BST
like brian off phoenix nights
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 10:35 PM BST
I'll cope craig. Just a one off hopefully..
Report saddo July 23, 2021 10:39 PM BST
stewarty b 23 Jul 21 21:28 

Miss stew nearly fainted when she saw me. My main problem was I couldn't reach my mobile to phone her for help. Plenty pals I could have phoned but only miss stew allowed in my home due to the virus.

Wtf, you'd rather risk croaking on the floor than break covid rules? Give yer head a wobble and see what they've done to your sanity.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps July 23, 2021 10:41 PM BST
why would you need a mobile to ring for help when mrs was nearby?  hadnt she been blown up?
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 10:46 PM BST
saddo, I'm genuinely not comfortable with anyone apart miss stew in my home. I can recover from bruises and maybe a couple of cracked ribs but although double jabbed if I get covid I'm guessing I would survive but get long covid and your life could be over as it's a nasty piece of work.
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 10:47 PM BST
That's not your best attempt at humour stephen.
Report chavman July 23, 2021 10:47 PM BST
stewy had a double puncture...his lung and miss stewy
Report Rico-Dangleflaps July 23, 2021 10:49 PM BST
why would you need a mobile to ring for help when mrs was nearby?
Report Rico-Dangleflaps July 23, 2021 10:49 PM BST
why would you need a mobile to ring for help when mrs was nearby?
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 10:50 PM BST
miss stewy would give a new Range Rover a try craig. You must be coining it in.
Report chavman July 23, 2021 10:51 PM BST
cako
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 10:51 PM BST
Are you not catching on here steve? She was in her own home.
Report chavman July 23, 2021 10:53 PM BST
its not new 25k miles on it
Report hello :-) July 23, 2021 10:54 PM BST
what about a joke stew

get a wee long box , jewellery type

imagine her face when she hurridly unwraps to see her bracelet and instead finds a packet of bacon Laugh
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 10:56 PM BST
That would do for me hello. As long as she made me a fry up.
Report swiftynifty July 23, 2021 10:56 PM BST
stewy, it sounds like dehydration. Drink more fluids, water, milk, squash etc. My dad was ill last week and we worked out he doesn't drink anywhere near enough, esp in this heat. He picked up fairly quickly.
Report GLASGOWCALLING July 23, 2021 10:57 PM BST
Double jabbed all walking about with no masks and no worries in the world here in England Stew.
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 11:01 PM BST
That's a strong possibility swifty.

I go nowhere without a mask GLASGOW. Some may say over cautious but I can still get covid and as I said previously it's long covid that frightens me.
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 11:06 PM BST
Wtf, you'd rather risk croaking on the floor than break covid rules? Give yer head a wobble and see what they've done to your sanity.

You make a fair point saddo given that if it happened in winter time I could have croaked it.
Report hello :-) July 23, 2021 11:13 PM BST
stewarty b 23 Jul 21 21:56 
That would do for me hello. As long as she made me a fry up.

great idea , why not get earings boxes aswell and shove some black pudding in them , a little ingenuity and you could be looking at a full english pal
Report hello :-) July 23, 2021 11:15 PM BST
happened to me years ago stew , up rushing for work all i remember is the crack of my head hitting a unit on way down

only out for a couple minutes then went to work after a check , with me it was lifestyle Laugh
Report stewarty b July 23, 2021 11:25 PM BST
All I can tell you about that hello is that if you go unconscious even for a couple of minutes you should seek medical attention.

All I need now hello is a half dozen eggs in a shoebox.Laugh
Report Rico-Dangleflaps July 24, 2021 12:38 AM BST
ive just found a rats nest in my garden shed today..plenty unhatched eggs there.
Report stu July 24, 2021 1:46 AM BST
Whatever present you decide on, maybe don't mention you got the idea from posting on the BF forum. Laugh
Report themightymac July 24, 2021 3:27 AM BST
Rats are mammals they don't lay eggs Rico.
Report themightymac July 24, 2021 3:29 AM BST
Might be rattlers Shocked
Report lead on July 24, 2021 4:28 AM BST
Think that Rico's the one that's rattling
Report lmfao July 24, 2021 11:50 AM BST
my missus wanted something which would go 0-120 in 4 seconds flat

so i bought her a set of bathroom scales ....
Report brians July 24, 2021 2:04 PM BST
Back to serious, what about a luxury train a la Orient Express. There are a few special journeys about in gb, meals in carriage , waiter service etc. Search the “ Northern Belle “ and such like. Few hundred quid for a five star day.
Report Celtic warrior July 24, 2021 5:55 PM BST
Imfao. Thats class
Report Rico-Dangleflaps July 24, 2021 8:22 PM BST
themightymac  Jul 21 02:27 
Rats are mammals they don't lay eggs Rico.

deffo rats..theres droppings all around and a hole in the floor.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com