Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
barstool
22 Jul 21 12:44
| Topic/replies: 6,831 | Blogger: barstool's blog
Not a tactic I would want to employ here as to my mind most get reeled in.

Are there any stats out there prove or disprove this? Or on any courses for that matter.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 11
By:
onlooker
When: 22 Jul 21 12:50
There is/was an often traipsed out diatribe that ... 'Sandown is a front-runners track'

Could never see the logic/rationale in that myself ... given the the entire Home Straight is Uphill.
By:
onlooker
When: 22 Jul 21 13:06
^ A Classic case of - Somebody has heard somebody else saying that .... So they say/repeat it - without doing ANY Validation ... as is the case with many/majority of Media Merchants and Television Pundits and Presenters.

At the same time they will also say - Newmarket - with it's Uphill Finish suits finishers as they grab the rising ground -

Which makes more sense .... BUT - They cannot have it both ways ...

or - I suppose you can - If you do NOT bother to THINK about it in the first place - and just repeat other people's Clichés.
By:
DancingBraveTheBest
When: 22 Jul 21 15:43
Arenas Del Tiempo all the way, jocks napping behind imo
By:
swiftynifty
When: 22 Jul 21 16:02
Newmarket is a straight course with an uphill finish, completely different to a round course where front runners hit their straps turning in and can get away. Definitely seems more prevalent than years ago. Dettori reckons you can't close like in the past. Reason? Pass. Golden highway helps of course if they stick to it.
By:
onlooker
When: 22 Jul 21 17:26
Oh FFS ... Not that - "Golden Highway" - Guff, again....

Railed Moved OUT by more than a few yards today, incidentally...

Do they Move the 'Golden Highway' at the same time, too?
By:
SeeMoreBusiness
When: 22 Jul 21 17:43
I was there for the last 2 days and I think some jockeys get excited by proper fast ground and go a bit mad. Normally Dettori is ok as a front runner but his horse in the 2nd today went too fast and fell in a hole. The very good horse who won the Star came from last
By:
swiftynifty
When: 22 Jul 21 17:53
onlooker, on extremes of going there are plenty of golden highways at several tracks, far too may to name. The fact you don't recognise them is good, i hope you start laying in-running.
By:
onlooker
When: 22 Jul 21 18:08
"On extremes of going" .... They come across towards the Stands side at Sandown ... But, however - Not on ONE particular strip of ground ...

Flat and Hurdles they can be all over the place.

Of course there are some better strips of ground at some Courses - that come into play on Heavy ground - But nowhere near all Courses - and most especially nowadays with the regular Rails movements - that you do not know about - and their effect  - until the Morning of the races.

The most glaring of them ALL - EVER - Was, of course ..... YORK .....

Until they - eventually, and belatedly - Stopped the JOGGERS from continually running around the Track next to the Inside Rail.

Many on here will be too young to remember that .... You and I - swifty - will well remember.  Happy
By:
Cork Langer
When: 22 Jul 21 18:12
Were the two of ye the joggers responsible?
By:
swiftynifty
When: 22 Jul 21 18:15
York is one of those tracks where the jockeys never seem to know where to go.
Track biases at Brighton, Catterick, Pontefract, Lingfield etc are exploitable IR if you have the very fastest pics but without them and the thin liquidity you are often taking bad value.

yes Cork, I used to give onlooker a good race until the knees gave out!
By:
onlooker
When: 22 Jul 21 19:43
LOL -  Cork ... and swifty. Happy
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel