Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 90 comments are related to the topic:
Terry Ramsden #BettingPeople

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 90
By:
DIFERENT GRAVY 12
When: 30 Jul 21 02:26
197 IQ  Bullsh1t

Why were the jews so eager to sell Katies?
By:
pandora1963
When: 30 Jul 21 11:06
what a kind, genuine man
By:
BARROWBOY
When: 30 Jul 21 11:15
Met terry in he 80s,he was generous & great company.tbf to him it can’t be easy living an ordinary life when you’ve had the amount of money he used to have.
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 30 Jul 21 11:51
He came across as massively patronising and oily
Wd on winning a fortune and then losing it.
He is not 197 iq so to start an interview with a lie doesn't endear him
Most of his profitable exploits were seeming totally steered by his consul/trainer
Left to himself he did £100 million
Smart guy
By:
Tattcorner
When: 30 Jul 21 12:47
Enjoyed watching all four parts this morning when I should have been compiling my placepot.

Anybody notice he's a dead ringer for the late John Sessions? (if you can imagine him with a mullet...)
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 30 Jul 21 13:23
He does a good impression of Lester P.

Could have gone on stage with that.
By:
The Knight
When: 30 Jul 21 22:00
I watched part 1 last Sunday and then the next 3 today. I loved Ramsden in the 80's and still have time for him now.

BUT, let's think about it for a bit. A supposed IQ of 197, he devises a way of trading the Japanese stock and bond market to make hundreds of millions, he soars right to the top, becomes the 57th richest guy in Europe and was friends with Peter O'Sullivan and many other big hitters from all walks of life - yet he seems to want to relate stories now about being upside down in the bushes at a p*ss-up, or on the razzle in the Ascot car park, and other gaffs. There is something that now bothers me about that.

I am sure his life contained many great achievements yet his interviews were somewhat centered on a 'lads culture'. No, I am sad to hear him talk like that. 

Nearly winning 13 million, or actually copping 5 million is great and bl**dy good luck to him but the very best punters and money-men operate almost totally under the radar - and, in the end, Laddies got it all back, and a lot more, from him.

I still enjoyed watching the interview but I'm left with the thought that if he had stayed in our memory as the big hitter from the 1980's it would have been that bit better. Thinking about the interviews, I'd like to do a book with him called 'The Real Terry Ramsden'.

It goes without saying, though, that I wish him all the best for the future.
By:
BARROWBOY
When: 31 Jul 21 12:55
Obviously there was a big drinking culture in the city in the 70s& 80s,funnily enough though despite the stories terry wasn’t a particularly big drinker.
By:
Ramruma
When: 31 Jul 21 13:29
I had an interview at a City moneybrokers in the 80s and the chap was literally bouncing off the walls as he led me down the corridor.
By:
BARROWBOY
When: 31 Jul 21 15:45
Always best to get an early interview in those days ramruma,or was it in the morning you went!
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 31 Jul 21 15:53
A supposed IQ of 197

Said with his tongue in cheek.
Page 3 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML