Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 90 comments are related to the topic:
Terry Ramsden #BettingPeople

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 90
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 23 Jul 21 10:55
the fella rich hallsall  who backs  the greyhounds is very good and has some good points ,even tho i dont back dogs seriously i found it very good
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 23 Jul 21 10:59
theres a series by this  forums  own "anorak " alan potts ............top series of films from anorak,paul kealy ,andy holding,mark holder etc.
By:
ronnie rails
When: 23 Jul 21 11:02
Rammo did things in a very big way, does any old racecourse regular remember his minder Wayne, what a size he was as Tell says his guys were 6 foot 7 plus and 25 stone those days seem a lifetime ago.just thinking in a couple of months it will be 25 years since another good guy did his money at Ascot.he  can still hear the bell as the horses swing into the straight in the last.

hope you are well Gal

regards

Ronnie.
By:
acey deucy
When: 23 Jul 21 11:09
Watched the first two parts yesterday and loved it.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 23 Jul 21 11:13
wiltshire ron?
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 23 Jul 21 11:19
confidence or lack of it plays a   massive part ,great if you are on a winning run but how do you react to a losing run?
By:
ronnie rails
When: 23 Jul 21 11:21
Foyleswar

correct

can you believe its nearly 25 years, he looks better today than he as ever looked.
have a good day
regards

Ronnie.
By:
acey deucy
When: 23 Jul 21 11:22
Terry Ramsden.
By:
acey deucy
When: 23 Jul 21 11:22
Terry Ramsden.
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 23 Jul 21 11:45

Jul 23, 2021 -- 4:55AM, FOYLESWAR wrote:

the fella rich hallsall

By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 23 Jul 21 11:45
Posts on greyhound forum as Czechbet is friendly.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 23 Jul 21 11:49
thanks swaddle as i say havent got into the dogs but he seems to know his stuff ,will have a look on the doggie forum.
By:
dr . atkins
When: 23 Jul 21 12:10
After 3 parts it reminds me of a Walt Disney film
By:
Bindaree
When: 23 Jul 21 14:30
I'll always remember Terry Ramsden from many years ago. I worked casually for a bookie back then and we went to Windsor for a Saturday evening meeting. The bookie I worked for went to the bar and had a drink with Alan Bailey who he knew well. This bookie rarely gave tips but he came back and told me there was a horse running for the first time (2 year old) at Ripon in a seller on Monday and to have "a few quid on it". The horse was Cry For The Clown and the words that my friend relayed from Alan Bailey was "it should never be in a seller but Terry wants to run it in it". Horse had the worse draw I think and was 20-1 in the morning and I think it was still something like 10-1 SP but not sure of that. It won by 5 lengths and they had to go to a then record price to buy it back. It won a listed race either next time out or the race after. Peter Bloomfield, who at the time was an apprentice I believe, rode the horse. My bookie friend told me later that Ramsden bought Bloomfield a BMW or Merc as a present.
By:
screaming from beneaththewaves
When: 23 Jul 21 15:04
From a thread on here a few years ago:

Me: The luckiest bookmaker alive must have been Michael Geraghty, who not only had Ramsden as a punter, but actually got paid too.

Ladbrokes weren't so lucky. He knocked them for fortunes, then went bleating to the press when they wouldn't pay him the return on a cash yankee he'd had in one of their shops.

noidea19 Feb 16 19:53Joined: 29 Apr 03 | Topic/replies: 880 | Blogger: noidea's blog

Paul, When I worked for the rancid firm I was given the task of telling him he wasn't getting paid, not only was he not getting paid, he couldn't have a bet against his winnings. Fortunately for me he didn't turn up to collect. He was punting in cash because his credit had been stopped, but they would still lay him crazy bets. He was punting over a monkey in forecasts and tricasts on each dog race while he was sorting out his horse bets for the afternoon.
By:
workrider
When: 23 Jul 21 18:29
Wow just looked back at Brunicos Race, how unlucky was that!
By:
Ramruma
When: 23 Jul 21 21:14
Brunico ridden by Dermot Browne. Knowing what we know now...?
By:
workrider
When: 23 Jul 21 22:37
My thoughts exactly Ramruma...
By:
Ramruma
When: 24 Jul 21 04:29
Part 4 is up and takes us to Mr Snugfit in the Grand National.
By:
Ramruma
When: 24 Jul 21 04:33
Mick Easterby's take on Mr Snugfit has links to videos of both Grand Nationals.
http://www.mickeasterby.co.uk/racehorses/racehorse_racehorsehof.cfm?racehorse_id=1230
By:
Davros
When: 24 Jul 21 08:51
How can somebody become so unsufferable after such a short time watching.
By:
sludge
When: 24 Jul 21 09:26
Unsufferable or not ( and i do get where you are coming from ) , i still enjoyed it.
By:
know all
When: 24 Jul 21 10:46
that was great, what a clever man his brain works differently to most peoples, the best on the series betting people the chancers and made up pro gamblers you can see through most of them but they get the minutes of fame,  but there should be more on terry
By:
Captain carnage
When: 24 Jul 21 11:38
Super stuff. Came from nothing to take on leaders of disgusting regimes worth billions
in the middle east and the Queen etc in the racing world for a short period.
And he did it with charisma and celebrated in style.
I would have loved to live that life.

Like most with incredible energy for life and the ability to gamble most of their worth the inevitable
bankruptcy occurred. Many resent these characters because they are jealous of their success and the ego/self confidence required to get to the top however briefly.

Just a shame the interviewer couldnt get him to delve into the incredible
darkness of prison and going broke that followed the success.

An incredible life and sounds like he still has the appetite to continue work and play into his 70's and beyond. Stories of his generosity are also starting to come out.

Please have more of this rather than the long list of dullards that bettingpeople has become in recent times.
By:
howard
When: 24 Jul 21 12:55
Terry certainly had the bottle but he got big bets on with Ladbrokes...that's all you need to know.
By:
ProSniper
When: 24 Jul 21 13:33
Pile of shyte.
By:
flapper
When: 24 Jul 21 13:38
Get Tim Brown on bettingpeople. He will sort it all out.
By:
Ramruma
When: 24 Jul 21 13:42
Mildly irritating was Ramsden's frequent use of "it's a maths equation" as if that explained anything.
By:
Steamship
When: 24 Jul 21 13:45
The betting People series is great and we are lucky we get to se them. I will watch all 4 parts tonight. Mr Snugfit was one of my favs but Ramsden bought him after finishing 2nd in National.
By:
dr . atkins
When: 24 Jul 21 13:54
total walt disney very disappointed with the interview that's no fault of the interviewer that's what terry ramsden wanted all the good times nothing about what went wrong comes across like a man in denial living on past memories
By:
doorman99
When: 24 Jul 21 14:01
dr, you utter misery!
By:
cardifffc
When: 24 Jul 21 14:03
once he mentioned the 196 IQ it was game over for  me
By:
raffingora
When: 24 Jul 21 14:51
What does he do now to make money ?
By:
howard
When: 24 Jul 21 15:15
Do you really think anyone on here can give you an accurate answer to that ? ( or Terry btw )
By:
Gordon63
When: 26 Jul 21 11:56
i wanted to take to the guy, but comes across as a bell end unfortunately - is he really like this or did the cameras massage his ego? loved Katies
By:
Gordon63
When: 26 Jul 21 12:06
ah dermot browne - a lesson learned early in life, all is never what it seems where money/power/influence are concerned,,,i expect he wasn't pulled in for the brunico ride when it was clear as day that it was ill judged at best..pulling his own family's horse when fav for the champion hurdle - different level!! if you told me he'd been in wuhan in mid 2019 I wouldn't BAT an eyelid...
By:
howard
When: 26 Jul 21 13:00
It's often the case that people that make big money in the city or gambling ( former in TR case ) aren't what most people would call likeable people.  In the case of gambling you have to think that you are a brilliant judge and nearly everyone else is a clueless clown. So you could say having a certain kind of mindset  is key. Is it likeable ? Probably not.
By:
Celtic warrior
When: 26 Jul 21 21:14
Foyle. Agree totally.great watch most of them
By:
Emitdeb
When: 26 Jul 21 22:41
If Terry was made of chocolate, he'd have eaten himself a long time ago.
By:
Celtic warrior
When: 27 Jul 21 10:57
That grey mullet. Class
Page 2 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo